What is XAT 2021? How students can apply for this exam?
XAT 2021 is a country-level entrance test. The XLRI Jamshedpur conducts this exam to offer entries to various management courses. Its full form is Xavier Aptitude Test.
The conducting time of this test is once per year. This test ensures your entry to all the 11 institutes of XLRI and other institutes participating with XAT.
A candidate must verify his eligibility for XAT 2021 before applying. The candidates will find this article helpful in getting knowledge like fees of this exam, the pattern in which paper w, and the tips useful in preparation for the XAT 2021.
XAT Exam (Xavier Aptitude Test) 2021: The Xavier Aptitude Test is popularly known as XAT, is a national-level management entrance exam conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur. The test guarantees entry into all 11 XLRI institutes and other XAT participating management institutes across the country. The application process runs from August to November the following year. The test is conducted once a year. All applicants must meet a set of eligibility criteria to earn a chance to sit for the test.
XAT 2021 Exam Highlights:
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Conducting Body||XLRI Delhi|
|Programs Offered||PGDM (Human Resource Management) PGDM (Business Management) PGDM (General Management)|
|XAT Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Selection Process||Written Test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview|
XAT 2021 News
- An amount of Rs.1700 is the registration fee for Xavier’s Aptitude Test.
- The amount is payable through a debit card, credit card, or any other means.
XAT 2021 Admission Process:
For the admission process follow these instructions:
Step 1: Register for XAT 2021
To get the application form, go to the official website and fill the form. Make sure to fill the form very carefully that there will be no mistakes. After confirming that submit the form.
Step 2: Download XAT Admit card
You can download the Admit Card online rather than going to the head office. Simply go to the website and download it. You will need your application number to download the Admit Card.
Step 3: Appear for XAT entrance exam
Please make sure that you arrive on time for the entrance test. No extra time will be given under any circumstances.
Step 4: Check XAT exam result
The result will be announced on the website and you can check your detailed result by entering your application number. Your detailed score will appear on the screen and you can also download it.
Step 5: XAT Counseling
Your merit position will decide either you’ll get the counseling call or not.
XAT 2021 Examination Pattern:
The pattern of XAT 2021 is:
- The mode of the test will be (computer-based test) online.
- The syllabus for XAT 2021 will include four different subjects.
- XAT-2021 will be an exam of three hours.
- The XAT 2021 paper will contain 100 MC questions.
- All questions of XAT 2021 will in MCQs format.
- There will not be any concept of essay writing.
- One mark will be added for each correct response.
- 0.25 negative marks will deduct for the wrong answer.
XAT 2021 Examination Preparation Tips:
The most commonly adopted tips for preparation are:
- Set your timings in the day in which you will study.
- Prepare a schedule as per the selected timings.
- Make a list of all the topics that you will study to prepare.
- Solve past year papers for this exam. Also, collect other samples and guess papers to get a general idea.
- Many institutes conduct mock tests; if you can attempt these mock tests, they are well and good.
- Set a day in the week to revise the learned questions.
- Make sure you are healthy during the preparation period.
XAT Application Process:
Following are some of the essential application steps for all aspirants to follow:
- Filling of the Application Form: All the aspirants can apply for the XAT exam through online mode only. The first step towards the application process involves the actual filling of the application. The aspirant applying for the exam must visit the official website. Now form the “Registration” icon fills all the details that are asked. After receiving the system-generated ID and password, complete the application form by uploading a passport size photograph and signature.
- Essential Documents Submission: This step involves the submission of the required documents. Some of these include the required certificate I .e. Aspirants need to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, a mark sheet of past exams, and identity proof. The essence of the documents is to verify that an applicant meets the academic qualification needed by the exam board.
- Payment of Application Fee: Here, aspirants can pay online for the XAT test using their credit/debit card or online banking as per their convenience. It involves the payment of a non-refundable application fee of INR. 1700.
XAT 2021 Exam Important Dates:
|Application Date Starting From||23 August 2020|
|Application Ending Date (without late fee)||30 November 2020|
|Last Date of Application Submission (With late fee)||1 December – 10 December 2020 (Extended)|
|Admit Card Release Date||20 December – 3 January 2021|
|XAT Exam Date||5 January 2021|
|Answer Key Release Date||9 January 2021|
|Result Declaration||17 January 2021|
|Score Card Download||31 January – 31 March 2021|
|Counseling||After the declaration of Result|
Syllabus for XAT Exam:
XAT exam is distinguished between four major subjects. The Most expected syllabus for the XAT test is Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI), Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LA), Decision Making, and General Knowledge. Each of these subjects comprises several subtopics. Below are some of the key areas to study.
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation:
- Algebraic Function
- Profit and Loss
- 2D and 3D Mensuration
- Speed and Distance
- Table and Graphs
- Heights and Distance
- Time and Direction
- Data interpretation
Verbal and Logical Ability:
- Reading Comprehension
- Para jumble
- Sentence correction
- Sentence completion
- Fill in the blanks with a suitable answer
- Jumbled paragraph
- Arrangement of the Data
- Condition and grouping test
- Complex arrangements
- Decision Making
- Case lets
- Awards and Recognitions
- International Relations
- Merger and Acquisition
- State and Nations
XAT Entrance Exam Pattern 2021:
The XAT Entrance Test is divided into four major sections. These are the Verbal and Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, Decision Making, and the General Knowledge section. Each of these parts has a total of between 20 to 25 questions. There would be a total of Ninety-Nine questions.
Additionally, the question paper appears in the English language only to suits as many aspirants as possible. The total duration of the exam is three hours. The test consists of Computer Based Test followed by GD and PI process. Aspirants who will be shortlisted will be called for the selection rounds, which consist of the Group Discussion and Essay Writing, and Personal Interview.
XAT 2021 Exam Eligibility Criteria:
All applicants must meet a given set of requirements to qualify to sit for the Xavier Aptitude Test. Therefore, the Exam Board advises the applicants to go through the conditions carefully before applying for the exam. Below are some of the criteria which should be followed.
- Aspirants should possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. However, there is a different eligibility criterion for applying for different courses as per the XLRI.
- The aspirants should be either in their final year or a degree holder; the organizing board demands that the applicants be either in the final year or be a degree holder.
- The Aspirant who is applying for the Xavier Aptitude Test must be an Indian Citizen. However, the international aspirants and NRI aspirants who wish to sit for this exam can go for the GMAT test.
- Based on the Graduate Management Admission Test Scores, the NRI and international students can apply. But for the Dubai and Kathmandu students, can appear in the Xavier Aptitude Test.
Xavier Aptitude Test Exam Centre:
XAT is conducted all over India.
XAT 21020 Result:
Marking begins immediately after the completion of the exams by all aspirants. First, the board releases the answer key online. When the result for the XAT exam releases online, Aspirants have to visit the official website of the Xavier Aptitude Test for the result. They have to login by using their existing User Id and Password. The results contain the roll number, marks, and Status of passing the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The XAT exam can be applied through online mode only by using the concerned website of XLRI.
The application fee for the XAT exam is INR. 1700 and Rs 300 per XLRI Programme.
The application for the XAT entrance test is available through online mode only.
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th