SET Exam 2020: Eligibility, Registration, Syllabus, Dates, Preparation, the SET stands for Symbiosis Entrance Test conducted by Symbiosis International University. It is a university-level entrance test for UG courses like BA, B.Sc, LLB, BBA, B.Des, BCA, BBA (IT), B.Sc (Economics) Hons, B.A. (Liberal Arts), B.Sc (Liberal Arts), B.Sc (Culinary Arts) and B.Tech programs. The entrance test provides test schedules in many streams like Management, Law, Design, Engineering, and General.
SET Exam 2020 Highlights Table
|Full Exam Name||Symbiosis Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Symbiosis International University|
|Category of SET 2020 Exam||UG|
|Courses Offered||BA, B.Sc, LLB, BBA, B.Des, BCA, BBA (IT), B.Sc (Economics) Hons, B.A. (Liberal Arts), B.Sc (Liberal Arts), B.Sc (Culinary Arts) and B.Tech programs|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
SET Exam 2020 Exam Pattern
General SET has four sections. The total number of questions is 150, and the duration of the test is also 150 minutes. No negative marking. The articles are as followed:
- The General English section, in which there are a total number of 40 questions. The full marks of this section are 40. The Quantitative Ability section, again with 40 questions and 40 scores.
- General Awareness section divided with 40 questions in total, as well as 40 marks.
- The Analytical and Logical Reasoning section consists of 30 questions in total, and the marks are given out of 30 as well.
SET Exam 2020: Important Dates
It is essential to know the dates related to the SET exams beforehand so that you can prepare for whatever steps need to take into consideration. Aspirants can check the following important dates related to the SET 2020:
- The registration for the SET 2020 starts from the 4th week of January 2020
- The last date of application form submission is in the 3rd week of April 2020.
- Your admit card will get published in the 4th week of April 2020.
- The entrance exam starts from the 1st week of May 2020 onwards.
SET 2020 Syllabus
The BBA entrance exam syllabus for the SET is known to be pretty similar to the 12th-grade syllabus for English and the 10th-grade syllabus for Mathematics. The BBA exam syllabus for this test has four sections, as were mentioned above.
Selection Procedure for the SET Exam 2020
Students who want to take entry in the various programs at the Symbiosis International University need to appear for the SET general, which gets conducted in an online mode. The respective institutes decide whether the aspirants have cleared the cut-off. Once they do, they move to the next round, which involves the WAT, i.e., the Writing Ability Test, and the PI, i.e., the Personal interview.
SET 2020 Preparation Tips
1. Make sure you had versed your syllabus
You must be aware of the syllabus for your entrance exam, as that is the first step you need to take towards the prep for SET. Make sure you divide your time for your exam prep, keeping in mind the syllabus and the sections. It will help you analyze the areas you are weak at and help you fix it. You’ll also be aware of your strong areas and points.
2. Understand the paper pattern
Once you start to prepare for the test, make sure you understand the paper pattern completely, or else you wouldn’t know how to answer and attempt the questions during the exam. Please become familiar with the type of questions expected in the test. It will help you clear your mind, and get the gist of the demand for each question.
3. Make sure to manage your time properly
As you’ve already seen, there are a given number of minutes for the test. Each section has a set of questions that require you to use your brain quickly and answer without pondering over each question. Make sure you practice enough beforehand so that you can manage your time without getting panicked during the test. It will help you finish each section on time.
4. Prepare short notes and flashcards
Short notes and flashcards will help you go through the main points and things you need to remember overall. In case you decide to revise before the test, it is better to open up the flashcards for revisions rather than going through the whole syllabus and panicking yourself. It will help boost your confidence, as you’ll know you’ve covered most of the important points.
5. Remember to practice
Lastly, it is essential to practice as much as you can. Make sure you solve past papers and practice tests to understand where you stand after each study session. It won’t only let you know how much you are prepared, but also boost your time management skills and help you understand each and everything better.
Eligibility Criteria for the SET Exam 2020
- The aspirants need to have passed XII or the courses equivalent to them in any discipline and need to have a minimum of 50% marks. In the case of SC/ST category, 45% minimum. Any other criteria that have not provided forms will not take into consideration.
- The entries for international students get conducted through the Symbiosis International Education of Symbiosis International University.
- The appearing aspirants are welcome to apply.
- The aspirants must fulfill the eligibility for the SET 2020, especially those who are looking to apply for the undergraduate courses in the member of institutions of the Symbiosis International University.
More Related Exams
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th