XAT Exam (Xavier Aptitude Test) 2020: The Xavier Aptitude Test is popularly known as XAT, is a national-level management entrance exam conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur. The test guarantees entry into all 11 XLRI institutes and other XAT participating management institutes across the country. The application process runs from August to November the following year. The test is conducted once a year. All applicants must meet a set of eligibility criteria to earn a chance to sit for the test.
XAT 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Conducting Body||XLRI Delhi|
|Programs Offered||PGDM (Human Resource Management) PGDM (Business Management) PGDM (General Management)|
|XAT Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Selection Process||Written Test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview|
XAT Application Process
Following are some of the essential application steps for all aspirants to follow:
- Filling of the Application Form: All the aspirants can apply for the XAT exam through online mode only. The first step towards the application process involves the actual filling of the application. The aspirant applying for the exam must visit the official website. Now form the “Registration” icon fills all the details that are asked. After receiving the system generated ID and password, complete the application form by uploading passport size photograph and signature.
- Essential Documents Submission: This step involves the submission of required documents. Some of these include the required certificate I .e. Aspirants need to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, mark sheet of past exams, and identity proof. The essence of the documents is to verify that an applicant meets the academic qualification needed by the exam board.
- Payment of Application Fee: Here, aspirants can pay online for the XAT test using their credit/debit card or online banking as per their convenience. It involves the payment of a non-refundable application fee of INR. 1700.
XAT 2020 Exam Dates
|Application Date Starting From||23 August 2019|
|Application Ending Date (without late fee)||30 November 2019|
|Last Date of Application Submission (With late fee)||1 December – 10 December 2019 (Extended)|
|Admit Card Release Date||20 December – 3 January 2020|
|XAT Exam Date||5 January 2020|
|Answer Key Release Date||9 January 2020|
|Result Declaration||17 January 2020|
|Score Card Download||31 January – 31 March 2020|
|Counselling||After the declaration of Result|
Syllabus for XAT Exam
XAT exam is distinguished between four major subjects. The Most expected syllabus for the XAT test is Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI), Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LA), Decision Making, and General Knowledge. Each of these subjects comprises of several subtopics. Below are some of the key areas to study.
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- Algebraic Function
- Profit and Loss
- 2D and 3D Mensuration
- Speed and Distance
- Table and Graphs
- Heights and Distance
- Time and Direction
- Data interpretation
Verbal and Logical Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Para jumble
- Sentence correction
- Sentence completion
- Fill in the blanks with a suitable answer
- Jumbled paragraph
- Arrangement of the Data
- Condition and grouping test
- Complex arrangements
- Decision Making
- Case lets
- Awards and Recognitions
- International Relations
- Merger and Acquisition
- State and Nations
XAT Entrance Exam Pattern
The XAT Entrance Test is divided into four major sections. These are the Verbal and Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, Decision Making, and the General Knowledge section. Each of these parts has a total of between 20 to 25 questions. There would be a total of Ninety-Nine number of questions.
Additionally, the question paper appears in the English language only to suits as many aspirants as possible. The total duration of the exam is three hours. The test consists of Computer Based Test followed by GD and PI process. Aspirants who will be shortlisted will be called for the selection rounds, which consist of the Group Discussion and Essay Writing and Personal Interview.
XAT 2020 Exam Eligibility Criteria
All applicants must meet a given set of requirements to qualify to sit for the Xavier Aptitude Test. Therefore, the Exam Board advise the applicants to go through the conditions carefully before applying for the exam. Below are some of the criteria which should be followed.
- Aspirants should possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. However, there is a different eligibility criterion for applying for different courses as per the XLRI.
- The aspirants should be either in their final year or a degree holder; the organizing board demands that the applicants be either in the final year or be a degree holder.
- The Aspirant who is applying for the Xavier Aptitude Test must be an Indian Citizen. However, for the international aspirants and NRI aspirants who wish to sit for this exam can go for the GMAT test.
- Based on the Graduate Management Admission Test Scores, the NRI and international students can apply. But for the Dubai and Kathmandu students, they can appear in the Xavier Aptitude Test.
Xavier Aptitude Test Exam Centre
XAT is conducted across all over India.
XAT 21020 Result
Marking begins immediately after completion of the exams by all aspirants. First, the board releases the answer key online. When the result for XAT exam releases online, Aspirants have to visit the official website of the Xavier Aptitude Test for the result. They have to login by using their existing User Id and Password. The results contain the roll number, marks, and Status of passing the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The XAT exam can be applied through online mode only by using the concerned website of XLRI.
The application fee for the XAT exam is INR. 1700 and Rs 300 per XLRI Programme.
The application for the XAT entrance test is available through online mode only.
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th