IGNOU BEd Admission 2021-22: The minimum suitability to apply for the exam is at least 50% in the master. The IGNOU BEd 2021 admission test is conducted in two sessions for the candidate’s admission to the 2-year BEd Program offered in several IGSC PSC (Program Study Center) across the country.
For IGNOU BEd Admission, 15 June 2021 is the last date to apply for July Session 2021.
The BEd the course of Indira Gandhi National Open University can be taken up after completing the required intermediate degree. It has been made to develop an understanding of the teacher and learners process at various levels.
The course of IGNOU B.Ed focuses on the aspects of learning and theory mixed with practice to facilitate the active participation of learners for knowledge creation. The full entry exam-based course can be taken up and completed only in 3 years.
IGNOU BEd Headline 2021
|Topic||IGNOU BEd Admission|
|Official Website||Visit Site|
|University Type||Public, Central University|
|Approved by||NCTE, AICTE, NAAC, UGC|
|Entrance Test||University: IGNOU BEd Entrance Test, IGNOU OPENMAT for MBA, IGNOU OPENMET|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance Test|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
|Regional Centers||67 Regional Centers|
|No. of Courses||200+ Courses|
|Address||Main Road, Maidan Garhi, Saket New Delhi – 110068|
IGNOU BEd Eligibility Criteria
- BEd Distance Education Candidates should score a minimum of 50% marks in BA/MA in Science, Social science, or Humanities.
- For IGNOU ODL, the candidates must have the experience of service teachers at the elementary level.
- Should complete NCTE recognized teacher education course in regular mode.
- SC/ST /OBC/PWD candidates will get a 5% relaxation in marks.
- The candidates must obtain at least 50% marks in their Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Humanity, Social Sciences, Commerce, Sciences
IGNOU BEd Course Fees 2021
- As far as the admission fee of the B.Ed course is concerned, the aspirant must pay INR 20,000 for the whole of the course in 1st
- The fee must be paid only via DD that is drawn in the favour of Indira Gandhi university payable at that city where the regional center of the university is located.
- It is important to write the program name and student name in the capital letter backside of the DD.
IGNOU BEd Application Form Process 2021
- Go to the official website of IGNOU using this link Ignou Admission.
- For a new registration, select the “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” button on the website.
Note: Already registered candidates have to write a username and password in the “REGISTERED LOG-IN” section.
- Fill in all the required information correctly and then submit by clicking the “SUBMIT” button for final registration.
- The registered candidates will receive their Username via SMS and Email.
- Use that username to re-login.
- After Re-login, an Application form will appear. Fill that application form properly.
- Upload the following documents:
- Your latest photograph (100KB in JPG Format)
- scanned signature (100 JPG Format)
- All relevant documents (each not more than 400KB in JPG or PDF Format)
- Candidates must pay the registration fee via Credit or Debit card or Net Banking. Candidates will receive a successful payment notification via SMS and Email.
Note: The candidates have to pay INR 1000 as a registration fee.
- Preview your application form by clicking on the “NEXT” button.
- Then Save and Print the Application Form for future use.
- In case the candidates forget to take a printout of the application, click on the given link.
IGNOU BEd Admission Entrance Exam 2021
|Paper||English & Hindi|
|Purpose||Admission to BEd course|
|Name||IGNOU BEd Entrance Test|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
Before the submission of an application for admission, eligible candidates have to first apply for the Entrance Exam by filling the entrance exam application form online. For the application for the entrance exam, the applicant must follow the following steps:
- IGNOU BEd Admission, Go to the official website of NTA.
- Select the icon application form submission/correction for BEd.
- A registration portal will open. Fill in the necessary information and register yourself by clicking on the Apply button.
- The applicant will then get the Application number. Save the application number.
- The applicant has to sign in again using the above-generated application number.
- After signing in, an Application form will appear. The applicant has to fill in all the required information correctly and upload all the required documents like scanned copies.
- Pay the fee of the entrance exam that is INR 600 via Debit cars, Credit Card, or Net Banking.
- Submit the application form.
- The applicant must download the application form and take a printout for future use.
IGNOU BEd Hall Ticket 2021
Hall ticket contains an enrollment number. Candidates who have completed the admission process can download the admit card. IGNOU will release hall tickets a few days or weeks before the exam online through their official website.
- Students will need an original hall ticket during the examination.
- Students should not carry notes, calculators, foot rules, side rules for the exam.
- Students must reach the exam venue on time and should maintain discipline.
IGNOU BEd Entrance Exam Pattern 2021
It is a computer-based test taken online. The candidates are given two hours to attempt the exam. The questions are multiple-choice questions, and candidates have to choose the best answer. There are 100 MCQ in the test. Each MCQ carries one mark. Negative marking is not entertained. The candidates can attempt the question paper in either English or Hindi.
How To Check IGNOU BEd Result 2021?
All candidates who appear for the examination will get the result by post. If any candidates did not receive the same, they might approach the regional director of that area. Candidates expected results five weeks after the examination is conducted.
|Sections||Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Section A||General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Educational and General Awareness||25||25|
|Teaching-Learning and the School||25||25|
|Section B||Subject Competence (any one of the subjects listed below)
IGNOU BEd Syllabus
Even though IGNOU does not mention any syllabus, but sample questions are released before. So, accordingly, our experts have tried to frame a syllabus.
SECTION 1: Reading and Comprehension
Questions can come from Tenses, meaning, and inferences, sentence types.
SECTION 2: Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- Word relations
- Coding and decoding
- Word problems
SECTION 3: General Awareness
Questions will come from education and general awareness.
- Social Science
- Health and wellness
SECTION 4: Teaching-learning
- Knowledge of schools and their system of learning
- Education acts
- Psychology and Child development
- Teaching in the classroom.
SECTION 5: Subject Competence
Questions will come from Class 9 and 10 standard syllabi, based on CBSE and NCERT.
BEd Marking Scheme For Entrance Examination
IGNOU Question paper will contain the following marking scheme.
- Students will get +1 for the correct answer.
- Negative marking may be there for the wrong answer.
IGNOU BEd Exam Pattern
· Exam will have two parts.
Part A and Part B.
- The exam paper will contain 100 questions
- The exam will be conducted for 2 hours.
No. Of Questions: PART A
- Section I, General English Comprehension, will have ten questions.
- Section II, Logical Analytical reasoning will have 20 questions
- Section III, Educational awareness will have 20 questions
- Section IV, teaching-learning, and school portion will have 25 Questions.
- In Part B Section V, Subject competence will have 20 questions.
- Part B will have questions prescribed from NCERT /CBSE.
Other IGNOU Courses:
- Ignou Post-Graduate Certificate In Bangla-Hindi Translation
- Ignou Post-Graduate Diploma In Extension And Development Studies
- Ignou Post-Graduate Certificate In Malayalam-Hindi Translation
- Ignou Post-Graduate Certificate In Patent Practice
- Ignou Bachelor Of Arts In General
- Ignou Bachelor Of Arts (General In Hindi)
- Ignou Bag (Bachelors Of Arts) General In Sanskrit
- Ignou Ba (Bachelors Of Arts) General In Urdu
- Ignou Bachelor Of Commerce (Bcom)
- Ignou Bachelor Of Computer Applications Course
Frequently Asked Question
Q1: What is the BEd Distance Education course?
Ans: It is a course offered for people who have an interest in following a career in teaching and connected fields.
Q2: Can I apply for IGNOU B Ed after the 12th?
Ans: Yes, you can apply, NCERT is giving you a chance to do BEd after 12th just like engineering and medical Education. This course will be for 4 years; students can apply online for CEE (Common Entrance Exam).
Q3: Which University is best for IGNOU BEd distance education?
Ans: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi, and Andhra University – School of Distance Education provide distance education facility for BEd.
Q4: Is BEd Distance Education a diploma or degree?
Ans: It is a degree course. B. Ed is a bachelor’s degree in Education.
Q5: What subjects covered in BEd Distance Education Course?
Ans: Teaching Aptitude, General Awareness (History, Geography, Indian Polity, General Science, Indian Economy), Logical and Analytical Reasoning, Practical Training, General English, Subject Competence (Hindi/English/ Science/ Mathematics/ Social Studies).
Q6: Is BEd necessary for teachers?
Ans: Yes, to get into the right school & get salary as per regular scale.
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.Phil / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th