IGNOU Result 2021: Indira Gandhi National Open University was built in 2185 under the Act of IGNOU. The teaching method is Distance learning. The University is providing undergraduate, postgraduate, MPhil, and Ph.D. level degrees. The University also offers diploma and certificate courses to students from India and around the globe.
The University takes its TEE two times a year, in the month of June and December. The result is announced after 60 days from the last exam day. The result for the December exams is usually released in March, and the result for the June session is generally released in August.
The candidate who appeared in the exam can download their grade card or result card from the official website of Indira Gandhi National Open University after the result release date.
IGNOU Result Headlines 2021-22
|University Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Diploma Course||Management Courses|
|Paramedical Courses||Distance Courses|
|IGNOU July Admission||PHD Admission|
|University Type||Public, Central University|
|Approved by||NCTE, AICTE, NAAC|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance Test|
|IGNOU Exam||TEE (Term End Examination)|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
|Regional Centers||67 Regional Centers|
|No. of Courses||200+ Courses|
|Contact no.||011-29571000, 29533870, 29533869|
|Address||Main Road, Maidan Garhi, Saket
New Delhi – 110068
Delhi NCR, India
Procedure to see and download the IGNOU Result
Click on the link below to go to the official website of IGNOU
- Go to the bottom of the site and press the Result link. Term-End or Grade Card icon will appear.
- Click that icon.
- Check for the latest link with the most recent date and click on it.
- A box will appear where the candidate is required to enter their 9-digit enrollment number.
- In the last step, click the Submit button, and the result will appear just as the image is shown.
Revaluation of IGNOU Result 2021
- After the result is released on the official website, the candidate can apply for revaluation if he or she is not satisfied with the marks and were expecting higher marks or grades.
- The application for revaluation can only be submitted within one month after the result is published.
- There is no revaluation for the Practical exam. Revaluation is only allowed for theory papers.
- After the revaluation of the theory paper, the best-scored marks are updated on the result card.
Early Declaration For IGNOU Result 2021
The Early Declaration of the result means that the candidate wants his or her result sooner than the expected result date. In order to apply for the early declaration, the candidate must have a solid reason that will justify the demand for early results. The candidates apply for early declaration in cases like recruitment document verification, job interview, to submit an application in any other university for higher studies, etc.
The candidate has to submit an application within 30 days after the TEE exams for the early declaration of the result. If the given reason for the early declaration is not approved, it is then considered rejected.
The Grading System of IGNOU Result
Percentage Calculation Formula:
|A||5||100% – 80%|
|B||4||79% – 60%|
|C||3||59% – 50%|
|D||2||49% – 40%|
Theory and Assignment Weightage in TEE
IGNOU Result Marks
If someone scores 87 marks out of 100 on Theory paper and 70 marks in the assignment for any one of the subjects. Then the percentage is calculated as:
For Theory Paper: 87*70% or 87*0.7= 61
For Practical Exam: 70*30% or 70*0.3=21
Total Marks obtained: 61+21 = 82 out of 100.
Percentage: 82/100*100 = 82% (A-Grade)
Passing Marks for IGNOU Degree Courses
For a 25 marks paper, the candidate must obtain 9 marks in order to pass.
For a 50 marks paper, the candidate must obtain 18 marks in order to pass.
For a 100 marks paper, the candidate must obtain 35 marks in order to pass.
For a 50 marks paper, the candidate must obtain 20 marks in order to pass.
For a 100 marks paper, a candidate must obtain 40 marks in order to pass
Registration Process For Term End Examination
The Term End Examination registration can be made through the IGNOU Portal. Follow the steps mentioned below
- Access the official website of Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Fill the registration form by submitting all the required information
- A declaration will appear. Tick mark the “I Agree” box and press the proceed option
- An application form will be displayed. The applicants have to fill the application form, choose or enter the program code for which they are going to appear for Term End Examination.
- Then, add the 9-digit enrollment number
- Select the mode of payment option
- Submit the application form by clicking the “Submit” icon
- Pay the fees for the selected subjects.
Online Submission Of Examination Date
|Online submission of examination Form for June 2021 TEE Date Extended||March 2021|
|Dec TEE 2021 Early Declaration||Feb 2021|
|BSCN(PB) Entrance Test, 2021 Results||Dec 2021|
|June Term End Result 2021||July 2021|
|Result of Ph.D. Entrance Examination for April 2021||July 2021|
|OPENMAT XLV Results||June 2021|
|Revaluation Result December 2021||March 2021|
|Revaluation Results – June 2021||March 2021|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why “Results incomplete” option is appearing?
Ans: The “Result in Complete” option appears when the results are not posted on the official website.
Q: When will the results be announced for the June session?
Ans: For the June session, the results will generally be displayed in August and for the December session the results usually come out in March.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th