IGNOU BEd Admission 2021-22: Bachelor of Education Programme is a minimum 2 years programme. Students can exceed the duration of 5 years. The fee for the program is Rs 55000. There is no age limit for this program. The Eligibility criteria for the programme is to complete the graduation with a minimum of 55% marks obtained. IGNOU is the top priority for students. It enhances the knowledge and skill of the person.
It has made to develop an understanding of the teacher and learners process at various levels. The course of IGNOU B.Ed focuses on the aspects of learning and theory mixed with practice to facilitate the active participation of learners for knowledge creation.
- 12 October 2021: The university has extended the online application date for admission to the July session of 2021. Now, the interested students can apply till 25 October 2021.
IGNOU BEd, Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU BEd|
|University Type||Public, Central University|
|Approved by||NCTE, AICTE, NAAC, UGC|
|Entrance Test||University: IGNOU BEd Entrance Test, IGNOU OPENMAT for MBA, IGNOU OPENMET|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance Test|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
|Regional Centers||67 Regional Centers|
|No. of Courses||200+ Courses|
|Address||Main Road, Maidan Garhi, Saket New Delhi – 110068|
IGNOU BEd Eligibility Criteria
- BEd Distance Education Candidates should score a minimum of 50% marks in BA/MA in Science, Social science, or Humanities.
- For IGNOU ODL, the candidates must have the experience of service teachers at the elementary level.
- Should complete NCTE recognized teacher education course in regular mode.
- SC/ST /OBC/PWD candidates will get a 5% relaxation in marks.
- The candidates must obtain at least 50% marks in their Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Humanity, Social Sciences, Commerce, Sciences.
IGNOU BEd Fees
- As far as the admission fee of the B.Ed course is concerned, the aspirant must pay INR 20,000 for the whole of the system in 1st
- It is essential to write the program name and student name in the capital letter backside of the DD.
IGNOU BEd Application Form 2021-22
- Go to the official website of IGNOU using this link Ignou Admission.
- For a new registration, select the “Click here for new registration” button on the website.
Note: Already registered candidates have to write a username and password in the “Registered log-in” section.
- Fill in all the required information correctly and then submit by clicking the “SUBMIT” button for final registration.
- The registered candidates will receive their Username via SMS and Email.
- Use that username to re-login.
- After Re-login, an Application form will appear. Fill that application form appropriately.
- Upload the following documents:
- Your latest photograph (100KB in JPG Format)
- scanned signature (100 JPG Format)
- All relevant documents (each not more than 400KB in JPG or PDF Format)
- Candidates must pay the registration fee via Credit or Debit card, or Net Banking. Candidates will receive a successful payment notification via SMS and Email.
Note: The candidates have to pay INR 1000 as a registration fee.
- Preview your application form by clicking on the “NEXT” button.
- Then Save and Print the Application Form for future use.
IGNOU BEd Entrance Exam
IGNOU offers admission in BEd on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exams. IGNOU offers online registration for entrance exams every year in the months of March and April. The university releases a merit list of selected students. There are a total of 50 seats available in this course. The application fee for this course is Rs 1000.
IGNOU BEd Syllabus
Even though IGNOU does not mention any syllabus, but sample questions are released before. So, accordingly, our experts have tried to frame a syllabus.
Section 1: Reading and Comprehension
Questions can come from Tenses, meaning, and inferences, sentence types.
Section 2: Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- Word relations
- Coding and decoding
- Word problems
Section 3: General Awareness
Questions will come from education and general awareness.
- Social Science
- Health and wellness
Section 4: Teaching-learning
- Knowledge of schools and their system of learning
- Education acts
- Psychology and Child development
- Teaching in the classroom.
Section 5: Subject Competence
Questions will come from Class 9 and 10 standard syllabi, based on CBSE and NCERT.
IGNOU BEd Hall Ticket:
Hall ticket contains an enrollment number. Candidates who have completed the admission process can download the admit card. IGNOU will release hall tickets a few days or weeks before the exam online through their official website.
- Students will need an original hall ticket during the examination.
- Students should not carry notes, calculators, foot rules, side rules for the exam.
- Students must reach the exam venue on time and should maintain discipline.
BEd Marking Scheme For Entrance Examination
It is a computer-based test taken online. The candidates are giving two hours to attempt the exam. The questions are multiple-choice questions, and candidates have to choose the best answer. There are 100 MCQ in the test. The candidates can attempt the question paper in either English or Hindi.
- Students will get +1 for the correct answer.
- Negative marking may be there for the wrong answer.
IGNOU BEd Exam Pattern
· Exam will have two parts.
Part A and Part B
- The exam paper will contain 100 questions
- The exam will be conducted for 2 hours.
No. Of Questions: PART A
- Section I, General English Comprehension, will have ten questions.
- Section II, Logical Analytical reasoning will have 20 questions
- Section III, Educational awareness will have 20 questions
- Section IV, teaching-learning, and school portion will have 25 Questions.
- In Part B Section V, Subject competence will have 20 questions.
- Part B will have questions prescribed from NCERT /CBSE.
Other IGNOU Courses
- Ignou Post-Graduate Certificate In Bangla-Hindi Translation
- Ignou Post-Graduate Diploma In Extension And Development Studies
- Ignou Post-Graduate Certificate In Malayalam-Hindi Translation
- Ignou Post-Graduate Certificate In Patent Practice
- Ignou Bachelor Of Arts In General
- Ignou Bachelor Of Arts (General In Hindi)
- Ignou Bag (Bachelors Of Arts) General In Sanskrit
- Ignou Ba (Bachelors Of Arts) General In Urdu
- Ignou Bachelor Of Commerce (Bcom)
- Ignou Bachelor Of Computer Applications Course
Frequently Asked Question
Q1: What is the BEd Distance Education course?
Ans: It is a course offered for people interested in following a career in teaching and connected fields.
Q2: Can I apply for IGNOU B Ed after the 12th?
Ans: Yes, you can apply; NCERT gives you a chance to do BEd after 12th, just like engineering and medical Education. This course will be for four years; students can apply online for CEE (Common Entrance Exam).
Q3: Which University is best for IGNOU BEd distance education?
Ans: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi, and Andhra University – School of Distance Education provide distance education facilities for BEd.
Q4: Is BEd Distance Education a diploma or degree?
Ans: It is a degree course. B. Ed is a bachelor’s degree in Education.
Q5: What subjects are covered in BEd Distance Education Course?
Ans: Teaching Aptitude, General Awareness (History, Geography, Indian Polity, General Science, Indian Economy), Logical and Analytical Reasoning, Practical Training, General English, Subject Competence (Hindi/English/ Science/ Mathematics/ Social Studies).
Q6: Is BEd necessary for teachers?
Ans: Yes, to get into the right school & get salary as per regular scale.
- Address: Main Road, Maidan Garhi, Saket, New Delhi – 110068
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Phone: 011-29571000, 29533870, 29533869
- Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th