IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2022: Bachelors of Education is a course which is designed for students who are interested in the field of education and want to create a good career out of the study of their academic course. B.Ed is a bachelor’s degree designed for the students who want to opt for the graduation degree completion and have a keen interest in Teaching field for the future.
IGNOU University has a proper structure designed for the B,.Ed course and all other courses also are highly in demand when it comes to the quality of education. The course duration is of 2 years which consist of 4 semesters. The course fees for 3 years is 55,000.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) BEd admission for the sesssion 2021-22 has been closed now.
IGNOU BEd Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU BEd|
|University Type||Public, Central University|
|Approved by||NCTE, AICTE, NAAC, UGC|
|Entrance Test||University: IGNOU BEd Entrance Test, IGNOU OPENMAT for MBA, IGNOU OPENMET|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance Test|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
|Regional Centers||67 Regional Centers|
|No. of Courses||200+ Courses|
|Address||Main Road, Maidan Garhi, Saket New Delhi – 110068|
IGNOU BEd Eligibility Criteria
- BEd Distance Education Candidates should score a minimum of 50% marks in BA/MA in Science, Social science, or Humanities.
- For IGNOU ODL the candidates must have the experience of service teachers at the elementary level.
- Should complete NCTE recognized teacher education course in regular mode.
- SC/ST /OBC/PWD candidates will get a 5% relaxation in marks.
- The candidates must obtain at least 50% marks in their Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Humanity, Social Sciences, Commerce, Sciences.
IGNOU BEd Fees
- The total course fee for B.Ed is INR 55,000, and candidates will need to deposit the amount in the yearly segment.
- To deposit the amount, candidates will have a window of online as well as offline.
IGNOU BEd Application Form
Application Form for the B.Ed program for the 2022 academic year will be released in the 1st week of March 2022. There are some general details which are asked by the university in the application form. These Details are mandatory to fill because after filling the application form students will be able to proceed for the admission process. The Application fees for the B.Ed Program is 600/-.Documents like Identity proof, Qualification proof , Photo and Digital Signature are required to submit an online application form. After filling the Application form students will be eligible for the Entrance Test designed for the program.
IGNOU BEd Application Form Process 2022
- Go to the official website of IGNOU using this link Ignou Admission.
- For a new registration, select the “Click here for new registration” button on the website.
Note: Already registered candidates have to write a username and password in the “Registered log-in” section.
- Fill in all the required information correctly and then submit by clicking the “SUBMIT” button for final registration.
- The registered candidates will receive their Username via SMS and Email.
- Use that username to re-login.
- After Re-login, an Application form will appear. Fill that application form appropriately.
- Upload the following documents:
- Your latest photograph (100KB in JPG Format)
- scanned signature (100 JPG Format)
- All relevant documents (each not more than 400KB in JPG or PDF Format)
- Candidates must pay the registration fee via Credit or Debit card, or Net Banking. Candidates will receive a successful payment notification via SMS and Email.
Note: The candidates have to pay INR 1000 as a registration fee.
- Preview your application form by clicking on the “NEXT” button.
- Then Save and Print the Application Form for future use.
IGNOU BEd Entrance Exam
IGNOU offers admission in BEd on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exams. IGNOU offers online registration for entrance exams every year in the months of March and April. The university releases a merit list of selected students. There are a total of 50 seats available in this course. The application fee for this course is Rs 1000.
IGNOU BEd Entrance Exam Syllabus
|Social science, Current affairs||Political science|
|Aptitude & Development of Student||Fundamentals & Principle of Education|
|Responsibility towards Societies||Child-Centered & Progressive Education|
|Development of Teacher Education India||Inclusive Education|
|Teaching Ability||Learning & Pedagogy|
|Experiments Related to School & New Findings Activities||Child-Centered & Progressive Education|
|Inclusive Education||Learning & Pedagogy|
|General English Comprehension|
|Basic grammar||Reading comprehension|
|Antonyms||Idioms & Phrases|
IGNOU BEd Hall Ticket
Hall ticket contains an enrollment number. Candidates who have completed the admission process can download the admit card. IGNOU will release hall tickets a few days or weeks before the exam online through their official website.
- Students will need an original hall ticket during the examination.
- Students should not carry notes, calculators, foot rules, side rules for the exam.
- Students must reach the exam venue on time and should maintain discipline.
BEd Marking Scheme For Entrance Examination
It is a computer-based test taken online. The candidates are giving two hours to attempt the exam. The questions are multiple-choice questions, and candidates have to choose the best answer. There are 100 MCQ in the test. The candidates can attempt the question paper in either English or Hindi.
- Students will get +1 for the correct answer.
- Negative marking may be there for the wrong answer.
IGNOU BEd Exam Pattern
· Exam will have two parts.
Part A and Part B
- The exam paper will contain 100 questions
- The exam will be conducted for 2 hours.
No. Of Questions: PART A
- Section I, General English Comprehension, will have ten questions.
- Section II, Logical Analytical reasoning will have 20 questions
- Section III, Educational awareness will have 20 questions
- Section IV, teaching-learning, and school portion will have 25 Questions.
- In Part B Section V, Subject competence will have 20 questions.
- Part B will have questions prescribed from NCERT /CBSE.
Other IGNOU Courses
- Ignou Post-Graduate Certificate In Bangla-Hindi Translation
- Ignou Post-Graduate Diploma In Extension And Development Studies
- Ignou Post-Graduate Certificate In Malayalam-Hindi Translation
- Ignou Post-Graduate Certificate In Patent Practice
- Ignou Bachelor Of Arts In General
- Ignou Bachelor Of Arts (General In Hindi)
- Ignou Bag (Bachelors Of Arts) General In Sanskrit
- Ignou Ba (Bachelors Of Arts) General In Urdu
- Ignou Bachelor Of Commerce (Bcom)
- Ignou Bachelor Of Computer Applications Course
Frequently Asked Question
Q1: What is the BEd Distance Education course?
Ans: It is a course offered for people interested in following a career in teaching and connected fields.
Q2: Can I apply for IGNOU B Ed after the 12th?
Ans: Yes, you can apply; NCERT gives you a chance to do BEd after 12th, just like engineering and medical Education. This course will be for four years; students can apply online for CEE (Common Entrance Exam).
Q3: Which University is best for IGNOU BEd distance education?
Ans: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi, and Andhra University – School of Distance Education provide distance education facilities for BEd.
Q4: Is BEd Distance Education a diploma or degree?
Ans: It is a degree course. B. Ed is a bachelor’s degree in Education.
Q5: What subjects are covered in BEd Distance Education Course?
Ans: Teaching Aptitude, General Awareness (History, Geography, Indian Polity, General Science, Indian Economy), Logical and Analytical Reasoning, Practical Training, General English, Subject Competence (Hindi/English/ Science/ Mathematics/ Social Studies).
Q6: Is BEd necessary for teachers?
Ans: Yes, to get into the right school & get salary as per regular scale.
- Address: Main Road, Maidan Garhi, Saket, New Delhi – 110068
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Phone: 011-29571000, 29533870, 29533869
- Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in