IGNOU DECE Admission 2022: Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education is a 1 year program for students who want to make their career in the child care field. This very effective program is available at IGNOU with proper learning accessibility. Students who want to take admission can enrol for the January 2022 academic session, where the admission procedure is ongoing for all the programs. Students for this program need to complete their 10th and 12th classes through UGC Recognized board. IGNOU DECE Admission 2022-23 the last date is 31 March 2022.
The duration of this program is 1 year, and students get the teaching expertising for the training and developing the childrens who belong to 0- to 6 years. The base is the difficult one that is important for the students to learn and adapt.
Students who want to pursue this program need to complete their 10th and 12th class. Also, the informational, educational diploma course has an excellent academic career, and students get an excellent professional journey for their career growth.
Topics covered in this program are the socio-cultural context of childhood development of children from birth to six years of age, nutritional needs of young children, identify common childhood illnesses, community and impart simple health, nutrition and preschool education and early childhood care and education massages, identify children with special needs.
All these topics are well versed, and IGNOU studies are always commendable. Students find this university to be flexible and convenient. The program fee for the 1 year diploma course is 2000/- rupees.
Students reading this paragraph need to read the whole paragraph to get knowledge about the course syllabus, eligibility, admission procedure and more important facts about the university.
- IGNOU Assignment submission last date has been extended for June TEE 2022 till 15 May 2022.
- IGNOU Admission for session January 2022 started, The last date to register for any course was 31 March 2022 (only for non semester based & diploma courses).
- The deadline for IGNOU Re-registration extends up to 31 March 2022.
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers a Diploma in Ealy Childhood Care and Education (DECE). The DECE has been invented for skill upgradation for candidates already working in Early Childhood Care and Education. The Course is available in both January and July sessions. For applying to this Programme, students require eligibility of 10+2 passed from any recognised board of education. The course duration is one year and there will be no age bar. The Diploma Programme organised under IGNOU can be obtained through depositing a very less amount of 2,000 INR.
Why Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (DECE)?
- The course helps to enhance early child care knowledge and other related education.
- The course is specially designed to understand the behaviour of those children whose voice isn’t clear or are not able to express their problem.
- The course gives not only theoretical knowledge but also practical knowledge. The students learn about the behaviour of newborn babies to children of 6 years old.
IGNOU DECE Highlights
|DECE Full Form||Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education|
|Period||1 to 4 years|
|Eligibility||10+2 or its Equivalent|
|Language||English, Tamil, Hindi|
|Course Fees||INR 2000|
|Age limit||No Bar|
IGNOU DECE Admission 2022-23
Diploam in Early Childhood Care and Education (dece) is a programme for people working in this sector to continually improve their knowledge and skills. Students who are interested in a career in child care can attend the DECE for one-four years. The university offers online and offline admission for DECE. Applicants must have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent in order to qualify for this program. The course will be taught in English, Hindi, and Tamil. IGNOU University has extended the registration deadline to 31st March 2022 for those wishing to register for the first time. Course fees for one-year diploma courses are 2000/- rupees. DECE course dates for December TEE have been announced. Students can download them on the university’s website.
IGNOU DECE Admission Details
- Duration: We have mentioned below the minimum and maximum duration of the DECE programme.
- Minimum Duration: 1 year
- Maximum Duration: 4 years
- Courses Cost: Rs. 2000/-
- Eligibility Criteria: To get admission in DECE courses students must have passed 12th (Higher secondary class) with a minimum passing marks score.
IGNOU DECE Admission 2022 Last Date
|DECE Admission Starts||25 December 2021|
|IGNOU DECE Admission Last Date||31 March 2022|
IGNOU DECE Syllabus
|Introduction To Child Care And Development||Introduction To Child Care And Development|
|Practical Manual||Organizing A Child Care Center|
|Organizing A Child Care Centre||Activities For Preschoolers-2|
|Activities For Preschoolers-2||Activities For Preschoolers – 1|
|Activities For Preschoolers – 1||The Child: Development|
|The Child: Development During Preschool Years||The Child: Development Toddlerhood|
|The Child: Development During Toddlerhood||The Child: Development of Preschool Years|
|The Child: Development In The First Twelve Months|
- Some Theoretical Orientations in Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Care and Education in Perspective
- Organizations for Children
Special Needs Children with-I
- Services for Special Children
- Introduction to Special Needs
- Helping Parents Cope
Children with Special Needs-II
- Children with Behavioural Problems
- Children with Physical Disabilities
- Children with Hearing Impairment
- Children with Visual Impairment
- Children with Mental Retardation
Communicating with Parents and the Community
- Some Methods of Communication
- Some Communication Aids
- Concept of Communication
- Some Themes and Messages in ECCE
- Some Strategies in Communication
Managing Children’s courses
- Basics of Management
- Obtaining Funds and Formulating a Budget
- A Case Study – ICDS course
- A Case Study – Mobile Creches
IGNOU DECE Login
Admission to the DECE IGNOU course is available twice a year. Students who took admission in any session can find all the information about the DECE Admission by the login. One must have to visit the http://ignou.ac.in/ignou/studentzone, where entering your enrollment number gives you complete info about DECE Admission.
IGNOU DECE Course Project
The fourth phase of the DECE course is project work. To complete the IGNOU DECE program, students must submit the project work report for DECE-4. The work will be completely specified in the project manual of DECE 4. One will have to record the activities with preschool children in the face to face mode with children in the nursery school.
IGNOU DECE Assignments
The open university offers education in the field of Early Childhood Care and Education. This course assignment has been released at www.ignou.ac.in. Students can submit the IGNOU DECE Assignment by 15 May 2022. IGNOU first provides education through different study materials, either hard copy or soft copy. The assignments are designed to revise the essential topics they must learn in the course and get a quality education. The assignments are of two types one is theoretical, and another is practical.
Benefits of IGNOU DECE Course
This course is highly rewarding in terms of both money and respect. Some advantages of a Diploma in early childhood care & education are given in form of bullets below: It is a less time-consuming degree program and can be completed in 1 year. It can be proved highly profitable for one.
- Children’s will examine children’s needs and rights and their socio-cultural setting in this course.
- Understanding the growth and development of children from conception to age six; Planning fun, educational, and developmental activities for children.
- Recognize and assess a diet’s nutritional adequacy about young children’s health and nutritional needs.
- Preventive measures, as well as treatment for children’s illnesses, are essential.
- Interacting with the community and providing basic health, nutrition, and early childhood education and care massages;
- To identify children with unique needs, to give early stimulation, and to take preventive measures;
- Become familiar with the information, abilities, and attitudes needed to work with children in childcare
- facilities such as daycare centers, preschools, and other early childhood education facilities.
Faculty of IGNOU DECE course
- Dr Heena K. Bijli, Director
- Prof Deeksha Kapur, Professor, Nutritional Sciences
- Prof RP Singh, Professor, Rural Development
- Dr. SK Palit, Associate Professor
- Dr. Gurupada Saren, Assistant Professor
- Child Development
- Prof Rekha S Sen, Professor
- Prof Neerja Chadha, Professor
DECE Course Specializations
- Children Hospitals
- Academic Institutes
- Community Health Centres
- Day Care Centres
IGNOU DECE Course Scope
There is a wide range of job opportunities available for the students who have completed their diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education. They can fit in the job roles such as Early Childhood Education Marketing Head, Elementary School Teacher, Home Tutors, Educational Trainee, etc. In addition, the students can get placed in government and private companies.
Check out more info about IGNOU
- IGNOU Online Admission 2022 | IGNOU Admission Status
- IGNOU 2022 Re-Registration
- IGNOU Assignment 2022
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Dece?
DECE stands for Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education. The course duration is 1 year in which the students learn about handling and caring for the early newborn babies.
What will be an examination mode Online or Offline?
The University will inform before the Examination.
How can I get admission from IGNOU to Dece?
IGNOU offers the DECE course in TWO sessions. The interested applicants will have to register themselves by filling the online registration forms. The students will get a registration id that they must note for further use.