IGNOU Ph.D. in Inter-Disciplinary Studies: Doctor of Philosophy in Inter-disciplinary and Trans-disciplinary Studies is a post-graduate course offered by IGNOU. The program focuses on emerging issues encounter in nature. It also discusses the merits as well as demerits of interdisciplinary and disciplinary approaches. The program focuses on many areas such as women & gender Studies, Diaspora Studies, Globalization studies, history, and civilization. The curriculum lasts for a minimum of two years and a maximum of five years.
IGNOU Doctor of Philosophy in Inter-disciplinary There has been increasing complexities in society as human progress. The emerging issues as humanity encounters are more dynamic in nature. In this context, there is a need for a more interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary approach in knowledge production in both theoretical and methodological areas to address the dynamic issues. This program discusses the merits and limitations of the disciplinary as well as interdisciplinary approaches. Ph.D.ITS focuses on several areas of Interdisciplinary Inquiry (History, Society, Culture and Civilization, Women and Gender studies, disability studies, migration and diaspora studies, labor studies, globalization studies, Environment, and sustainable development).
IGNOU Ph.D. in Inter-Disciplinary Studies Headline:
|Minimum Duration:||3 Years|
|Maximum Duration:||6 Years|
|IGNOU Course Fee:||Rs. 16,800|
|Minimum Age:||No bar|
|Maximum Age:||No bar|
Possesses Master’s Degree from a University recognized by UGC or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as are notified for the purpose from time to time by the University with at least 55% marks [50% marks in the case of SC, ST, OBC (Non-creamy Layer) and Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September 1991]excluding grace mark. and Qualifies in the entrance examination conducted by IGNOU at the National level.
IGNOU Ph.D. in Inter-Disciplinary Studies Fees:
- The course fee demand by the IGNOU is INR 16,800 that must be paid via demand draft, online, or via cash challan.
- Along with the course fee, there is a need to submit an admission fee for the course. The admission fee for the Doctor of Philosophy in Inter-disciplinary & Trans-disciplinary Studies Course is non-refundable.
IGNOU Ph.D. in Inter-Disciplinary Studies Eligibility:
The selection of the learners is based on the educational background. To get admission in this course, they must have a master’s degree or M.Phil degree in a relevant field. At least 55 percent of the marks in the degree must be received. 50% marks are reserved for SC/PH and ST aspirants.
IGNOU Ph.D. in Inter-Disciplinary Studies Application Process 2021-22:
- Go to the relevant website of IGNOU
- Check the eligibility criteria and download form
- Write the detail related to personal and educational detail.
- With the application form, attach any related documents.
- Submit admission fee via demand draft, cash amount, etc.
IGNOU Other Courses:
- IGNOU M.PHIL in Chemistry (MPHILCHEM)
- IGNOU Post Graduate Certificate in Medical Management of CBRNE Disasters
- IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications
- IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental and Occupational Health
- IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Operation
- IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
- IGNOU Post-Graduate Diploma in Audio Programme Production
- IGNOU Post-Graduate Diploma in Folklore and Culture Studies (PGDFCS)
- IGNOU Doctor of Philosophy in Geography
- Doctor of Philosophy in Fine Arts