IGNOU MPhil Admission 2021-22:Master of Philosophy (Mphil) is a PG Programme that organises under IGNOU. The IGNOU offers some of the best branches of MPHIL such as MPhil in Chemistry, MPhil in Commerce, MPhil in Economics, MPhil in Geography, MPHIL in Theatre Arts, MPhil in Sociology, MPhil in Social Work, MPhil in Distance Education, MPhil in Translation Studies and MPhil in Political Science. To apply for any of the Programme in ODL mode Candidate need to secure at least 55% in master degree.
For admission on IGNOU in MPhil Subject Candidates first have to clear the entrance exam and secondly clear the interview round. This is the proper admission criteria in IGNOU. Students must have to follow this procedure for admission.
- 12 October 2021: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has again extended the application date for the 10th times and provided one more chance to apply for fresh admission for the July session 2021. The interested and eligible applicants can apply till 31 October 2021.
IGNOU MPhil Highlights
|Name||Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|Official Website||Visit Website|
|University Type||Public, Central University|
|Approved by||NCTE, AICTE, NAAC|
|Entrance Test||IGNOU OPEN MAT|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance Test|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
|Regional Centers||67 Regional Centers|
|No. of Courses||200+ Courses|
|Contact no.||011-29571000, 29533870, 29533869|
|Address||Main Road, Maidan Garhi, Saket, New Delhi – 110068|
IGNOU MPhil Admission 2021-22
The IGNOU MPhil admission has two main stages:
1. Entrance Exam:
The National Testing Authority (NTA) conducts the entrance exam. In order to sit for MPhil. Entrance Exam, candidates first have to submit an online application. An admit card will be issued to the applicants. The admit card is the examination hall ticket. The candidates should have the admit card at the time of the entrance exam.
- The applicants can apply using the link:
- The passing marks for the Entrance Exam are 50%.
Candidates who have passed the entrance exam and are selected will be sent an offer letter for the Interview. The interview dates will be published soon. The final selection for MPhil or Ph.D. admission will be on an Interview basis. At the time of the interview, candidates have to present their research proposal to the doctoral committee of the discipline.
- IGNOU MPhil admission as per UGC recognized Master’s Degree.
- The candidates must have passed the master’s degree with 55% marks.
- The reserved candidates have a relaxation of 5% marks, i.e. 50% passing marks.
IGNOU M.Phil Admission 2021 Last Date
|MPhil Admission Starts From||15 July 2021|
|MPhil Admission Last Date||31 October 2021|
IGNOU MPhil Application Process 2021-22
The candidates who wish to attempt the Entrance Exam for IGNOU MPhil Admission or PhD should apply through these steps:
- Go to the official website of IGNOU MPhil admission.
- Click on the “Click Here For New Registration” on the website.
- Note: If Candidates are already registered, write your username and password in the “REGISTERED LOG-IN” section.
- Fill in all the required information correctly and then click on the “SUBMIT” button for final registration.
- Then, registered candidates will receive their Usernames via SMS and Email.
- Use that username to re-login.
- After logging in. Fill in all the important information correctly.
- Your recent photograph (100KB in JPG Format).
- Your signature (100 JPG Format).
- Relevant documents (each not more than 400KB in JPG or PDF Format).
- Pay the registration fee via Credit or Debit card or Net Banking. Candidates will receive the notification of the paid challan via SMS and Email.
- The registration fee is 1000 for all candidates.
- The registration fee for reserved candidates is INR 800.
- Click on the “NEXT” button to “Preview” your form.
- Then Save and Print the application form for future use.
- If you forget to take a printout, click on the given link.
- On the official website of IGNOU MPhil admission, the list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed.
- The admit card or examination hall ticket will also be published on the official website of IGNOU, a week before the Entrance Exam.
- The candidates must also bring Original Identity proof at the time of the test.
IGNOU MPhil Specialization
- MPhil in Chemistry
- Master of Philosophy in Commerce
- M.Phil in Economics
- M.Phil. in Geography
- Master of Philosophy in Theatre Arts
- Master of Philosophy in Political Science
- Master of Philosophy in Sociology
- Master of Philosophy in Social Work
- M.Phil in Distance Education
- Master of Philosophy in Translation Studies
IGNOU MPhil Fees 2021-22
|MPhil Geography||INR 10500|
|MPhil Chemistry||INR 10500|
|MPhil Commerce||INR 10500|
|MPhil Sociology||INR 10500|
|MPhil Distance Education||INR 10500|
|MPhil Social Work||INR 10500|
|MPhil Translation Studies||INR 10500|
|MPhil Economics||INR 10500|
IGNOU M.Phil Fee Structure
|Courses||Total Fees (INR)|
|Journalism and Mass Communication||7000|
|Gender and Developmental Studies||14000|
|Food and Nutritional Science||14000|
|Library and Information Science||7000|
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: MPhil Course Duration:
- minimum time–period is two years, full-time.
- the maximum time period is four years.
- Ph.D. Course Duration:
- minimum time–period is three years, full-time.
- the maximum time period is five years.
Ans: The provisions of the Government of India policy on the reservation are followed by IGNOU for its admission to its Research Degree Programme.
Ans: The Entrance exam is taken usually the last week of April for July admission and the last week of September for January admission.
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th