IGNOU MA Admission 2022-23: 31 July 2022 is the last date for IGNOU MA Admission 2022-23. Fresh and new MA admission has accepted by IGNOU for the July 2022 session. Interested and eligible Students must visit the official website to submit their applications within a week of the deadline. Fill out an application here at @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in, July 2022 Admissions Cycle: The deadline for IGNOU MA Assignment submission for June TEE extended up to 30 June 2022.
IGNOU has started accepting new students for MA programs for July 2022. Eligible candidates can apply on the website well before the deadline. It provides Master of Arts (MA) courses in numerous areas. The MA degree duration will be two years. Applications are welcome for in two sessions January and July session.
Students for the IGNOU MA Admission detailed information can spare a few minutes and go through the whole article.
- A search for new students for MA courses at IGNOU started for July session. 12:00 AM on July 31st, 2022 is the deadline for student to apply into MA course on the web.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University gives students the chance to get a Master of Arts (MA) in various fields from different regional centres.
- When will I finish the MA? It will take two years to finish. The July sessions has open the window for new students who want to apply for MA course. Check below, if IGNOU is taking applications.
- What is the eligibility criteria for IGNOU MA? UG Degree holder in any discipline from a recognized university can apply for IGNOU MA Admission.
- There is no entrance exam conduction for any MA course admission at IGNOU.
- The average fee for IGNOU MA course ranges between INR 9000 to INR 25000.
IGNOU MA Registration Fee: To enrol in any master of arts course at IGNOU, students must pay an amount of Rs 200 as registration fee.
IGNOU MA Admission Latest Updates
- IGNOU Exam Form for MA course has been released for June TEE 2022. Last date to fill the form without late fee is 25 June 2022.
- IGNOU MA Admission for July session has been started. Students can apply till 31st July 2022. (Source)
- IGNOU MA Admission 2022-23 Last date is 31 July 2022.
- IGNOU has extended the assignment submission last date till 30 June 2022. (Source)
- Students who have registered before in MA programs at IGNOU, can now re-register in July session 2022. The last date to apply for IGNOU Re-registration also extends to 15 july 2022. (Source)
IGNOU MA Admission Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU Master of Arts|
|Fees||INR 9000 to INR 25000|
|Eligibility||Bachelor or Higher Degree|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Cycle||January and July|
IGNOU MA Admission 2022-23
31 July 2022 is the last date for IGNOU MA Admission for academic year 2022-23. Students can also apply at @www.ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in. It has started admission for the Master of Arts (MA) course for July 2022 session. Students who have completed their Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline can opt for IGNOU MA Admission for the July session.
There are many specialisations available for masters programs in arts at IGNOU which students can choose while taking MA Admission for July session. MA in English, Political Science, History, Hindi, Economics are some of the topics available at IGNOU University. Students can also get the Self learning material for enrolled MA programs online which is a convenient way for students by IGNOU University.
Masters of Arts is a two-year post-graduation program structured for students who want to pursue a Masters degree in arts stream. In recent years, a graduation degree is not enough for the students to achieve educational growth. The post-graduation/masters helps students to have a good profile in future growth. By completing the bachelor’s program, students have learned the basics and now are on a journey to get advanced training.
IGNOU MA Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Online registration for MA courses||30 May 2022|
|IGNOU MA Admission 2022 Last date||31 July 2022|
|IGNOU MA Re-registration 2022 last date||15 july 2022|
|IGNOU MA Assignment 2022 last date||30 June 2022|
IGNOU MA Eligibility Criteria
Students who wish to seek IGNOU MA admission to any specialization can go through the following points as listed below:
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any course of a recognized University.
- Students who have a minimum of 50% passing marks are eligible to apply for MA programs.
- There is no mandatory subject required for MA admission. Students from any discipline can pursue IGNOU MA programs.
IGNOU MA has various specializations and thus various fee plans are given for all the specializations.
|MA Specializations||Short Form||Fee (Tentative) (INR)|
|Master Of Arts (Economics)||MEC||16,800|
|Master Of Arts (English)||MEG||13,600|
|Master Of Arts (Hindi)||MHD||13,600|
|Master Of Arts (history)||MAH||13,600|
|Master Of Arts (Folklore And Culture Studies)||MAFCS||10,800|
|Master Of Arts (philosophy)||MAPY||13,600|
|Master Of Arts (Political Science)||MPS||13,600|
|Master Of Arts (Public Administration)||MPA||13,600|
|Master Of Arts (Rural Development)||MA(RD)||11,800|
|Master Of Arts (Sanskrit)||MSK||13,200|
|Master Of Arts (sociology)||MSO||13,600|
|Master Of Arts (Urdu)||MAUD||12,600|
|Master Of Arts In Adult Education||MAAE||14,400|
|Master Of Arts In Development Studies||MADVS||11,400|
|Master Of Arts In Extension & Development Studies||MAEDS||9,000|
|Master Of Arts In Gandhi And Peace Studies||MAGPS||10,800|
|Master Of Arts In Journalism & Mass Communication||MAJMC||25,000|
|Master Of Arts In Women’s And Gender Studies||MAWGS||14,400|
|Master of Arts (Anthropology)||MAAN||17,200|
|Master of Arts (Psychology)||MAPC||18,600|
IGNOU MA Admission Process 2022-23
Candidates who want to apply for the MA courses must first meet the eligibility criteria for that course. Once the eligibility criteria are met for the discipline they have selected, the candidates should follow these simple steps to submit their application form.
- Step 1: For IGNOU MA Admission go to the official website of IGNOU.
- Step 2: For a new registration, select the “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” button on the website.
Note: Already registered candidates have to write a username and password in the “REGISTERED LOG-IN” section.
- Step 3: Fill in all the required information correctly and then submit by clicking the “SUBMIT” button for final registration.
- Step 4: The registered candidates will receive their Username via SMS and Email.
- Step 5: Use that username to re-login.
- Step 6: after Re-login, an Application form will appear. Fill that application form properly.
- Step 7: Upload the following documents:
Note: Your latest photograph (100KB in JPG Format), Scanned signature (100 JPG Format), All relevant documents (each not more than 400KB in JPG or PDF Format)
- Step 8: Candidates must pay the registration fee via Credit or Debit card or Net Banking. Candidates will receive a successful payment notification via SMS and Email.
Note: The candidates have to pay INR 1000 as a registration fee.
- Step 9: Preview your application form by clicking on the “NEXT” button.
- Step 10: Then Save and Print the Application Form for future use.
- Step 11: In case the candidates forget to take a printout of the application, click on the given link.
Documents Required for IGNOU MA Admission
- A recent photograph
- Age Proof
- Your signature
- 10th Result
- 10th+2 Result
- Undergraduate Result
- Experience Certificate
- Higher degree (if any)
Note: The applicants have to bring all the documents mentioned above at the time of admission after their name appears in the merit list for undergraduates on the official website of IGNOU.
IGNOU MA Exam Form 2022
IGNOU will soon start accepting the MA Exam form for June TEE 2022. For each specialization of the MA course, the exam form 2022 will be available at @www.exam.ignou.ac.in. Before filling out the IGNOU MA exam form for June TEE, students should carefully select the subject code according to which fee will be calculated. For each MA course subject, the exam fee is Rs 200 at IGNOU.
IGNOU MA Examination Process 2022-23
- IGNOU conducts its Term End Examinations (TEE) twice a year, in December and June.
- The minimum passing mark is 50%. It is mandatory to pass the theory and practical exams separately.
- University releases the Hall Tickets 10 days before the Exam. Students must have it while appearing for the examination in the respective centers.
- Generally, IGNOU releases the result after 45 days of the last exams. Students can check their results on the IGNOU portal.
IGNOU MA Study Material 2022-23
IGNOU Master of Arts (MA) Study Materials is available on @egyankosh.ac.in. Students who took IGNOU MA Admission can seek online study materials on the website. The materials include pdf, ebooks & more. Also, IGNOU provides study materials to students at their homes. It will be sent through post at the student’s registered address. Here is a list of the MA materials. They are useful for helping students understand the curriculum.
IGNOU MA Assignment 2022-23
Assignments are a form of assessment. The grades you receive for your IGNOU MA assignments will be included in your final grade. An assignment counts for 30% of your final grade. So be serious about your assignments. On the IGNOU University’s website, you can find the MA Assignments for each semester. IGNOU MA Assignment 2022-23 last date is 30 June 2022. Having the assignment completed by the deadline is your responsibility. You will not be able to take the TEE if you do not submit your assignments. If you appear for the term-end examination without submitting the assignments, the results may be revoked.
IGNOU MA Course Specializations
For Master of Arts courses at IGNOU is available in many specializations. The University allows students to choose from any of the MA specializations available. Such specializations include Hindi, history, philosophy, political science, anthropology, psychology, sociology, public administration, economics, English, development studies, and many more. Eligible students can make the topic choice at the time of IGNOU MA Admission.
- MA in Gender and Development Studies
- MA in Psychology
- MA in Translation Studies
- MA in Arts (Economics)
- MA in Arts (English)
- MA in Arts (Hindi)
- MA in Arts (Hindi) Online
- MA in Arts (History)
- MA in Arts (MA in Folklore and Culture Studies)
- MA in Arts (Philosophy)
- MA in Arts (Political Science)
- MA in Arts (Public Administration)
- MA in Arts (Rural Development)
- MA in Arts (Sanskrit)
- MA in Arts (Sociology)
- MA in Arts (Urdu)
- MA in Adult Education
- MA in Development Studies
- MA in Extension & Development Studies
- MA in Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies
- MA in Journalism & Mass Communication
- MA in Women’s and Gender Studies
- MA in Arts(Education)
IGNOU MA Syllabus 2022
We have mentioned here Indira Gandhi National Open University – MA (Edu) syllabus, candidates can check here easily.
|Course Name||Credits||Course Code|
|Education: Nature and Purposes||6||MES-012|
|Learning, Learner, and Development||6||MES-013|
|Societal Context of Education||6||MES-014|
|Operational Dimensions of Education||6||MES-015|
|Course Name||Credits||Course Code|
|Higher Education: Its context and Linkages||6||MES-101|
|Instruction in Higher Education||6||MES-102|
|Higher Education: The Psycho-social Context||6||MES-103|
|Planning and Management of Higher Education||6||MES-104|
|Policy Planning and Implementation of Adult Education in India||6||MAE- 002|
|Knowledge Management, Information Dissemination and Networking in Adult Education||6||MAE -003|
|Growth and Philosophy of Distance Education||4||MES-111|
|Design and Development of Self-Learning Print Materials||4||MES-112|
|Learner Support Services||4||MES-113|
|Management of Distance Education||6||MES-114|
|Communication and Information Technology||6||MES-032|
|Communication Technology for Distance Education||6||MES-115|
|Growth and Development of Educ Organizational men||6||MES-041|
|Dimensions of Educational Management||6||MES-042|
|Understanding Adult Education||6||MAE- 001|
|Extension Education and Development||6||MAE-004|
IGNOU MA Faculty Details
|Prof Dasyam Venkateshwarlu||Director|
|Prof Vibha Joshi||Professor|
|Prof Nirod Kumar Dash||Professor|
|Prof CB Sharma||Professor (on EOL)|
|Prof Saroj Pandey||Professor|
|Dr. M.V. Lakshmi Reddy||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Poonam Bhushan||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Eisha Kannadi||Associate Professor|
|Prof Amitav Mishra||Professor|
|Dr. (Mrs) Sutapa Bose||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Nirmala Yalavarthi||Reader|
|Dr. Vandana Singh||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Bharti Dogra||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Gaurav Singh||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Giridhar Dey||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Anjuli Suhane||Assistant Professor|
|Sh Ajithkumar. C||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Elizabeth Kuruvilla||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. SS Venkatachalam||Assistant Registrar|
|Mr. Kumud Kumar Sharma||Assistant Registrar|
FAQs About IGNOU MA Admission 2022-23
What are the eligibility criteria for IGNOU MA Admission?
Students who passed with 50% in their Undergraduate from any discipline are eligible for IGNOU MA Admission.
What is the duration of IGNOU MA Courses?
Generally, the period of the IGNOU MA Courses is 2-5 Years.
Is it challenging to pass IGNOU MA Exams?
It is not that difficult to pass the IGNOU MA exams. Yes, it is difficult to pass the IGNOU Exam, but with hard work and dedication, students will be able to perform up to the mark.
What is the learning mode of IGNOU MA Courses?
IGNOU offers MA Programmes in a distance mode only.
Is an MA degree acceptable in the USA?
IGNOU Degrees are acceptable in India as well as abroad.
How to apply for the IGNOU MA Admission?
Students can apply for IGNOU MA online mode by visiting the University’s official website.
Can I complete an MA in one year from IGNOU?
Yes, Students who failed in the first and second years can complete their MA in 1 year.
Can I do BEd and MA in the same year?
Yes, both B. Ed and MA can be done together. But, one of them should be in regular mode.
Ques. Is IGNOU MA Admission on Entrance based?
No, IGNOU MA Admission is granted based on Merit only.
Can an MA from IGNOU apply for UGC NET?
Yes, The requirement of UGC NET is the Master’s Degree only. If a student has done MA from regular or distance mode, they are eligible for UGC NET.