IGNOU MA Admission 2022-23: Fresh and new admissions are being accepted by IGNOU for the January 2022 session. The Last date to submit an online application is January 31, 2022. Interested and eligible Students must visit the official website to submit their applications within a week of the deadline. Fill out an application here. https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/ January 2022 Admissions Cycle: The deadline to submit an application is January 31, 2022 (Monday to Friday, excluding holidays).
IGNOU is now accepting new students for January 2022. The application deadline is Soon. Eligible candidates can apply on the website well before the deadline. The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) provides Master of Arts (MA) courses in numerous areas. The MA degree Duration will be two years. Applications are welcome for both January and July sessions.
- A search for new students will begin in January 2022. At midnight on January 31, 2022, the last time a student can apply for a course on the web will be over. Before the deadline, people who want to apply for admission can visit the official website. People who want to apply should go to this page and click the button below.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, also known as IGNOU, gives students the chance to get a Master of Arts (MA) in various fields from separate colleges. When will I finish the MA? It will take two years to finish. The Jan and July sessions are open to new students who want to apply. Check to see if IGNOU is taking applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university can apply for IGNOU MA courses. The average fee for IGNOU MA course ranges between INR 9000 to INR 25000.
IGNOU MA Admission Latest Updates:
- IGNOU MA Admission for fresh students has started, The Last date to fill online form is 31 January 2022. (Source)
- Students who have registered before in MA programs at IGNOU, can now re-register in Jan session 2022. The last date to apply for IGNOU Re-registration also extend to 31 January 2022. (Source)
IGNOU MA Admission 2022-23 Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU Master of Arts|
|Fees||INR 9000 to INR 25000|
|Eligibility||Bachelor or Higher Degree|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Cycle||January and July|
IGNOU MA Admission 2022-23
IGNOU conducts its admission in two cycles, one in January and another in July. The applicants can apply online. There are different specializations available in Master’s Course ranging from Arts in Management. The fee structure varies from individual Course to Course. The IGNOU MA Admission is conducted in the following manner:
- The university does not conduct any entrance exam for MA admission.
- Post-release of the merit list, one should fill out the Admission Form and Course fees before the deadline.
- Students receive an Admission confirmation mail or SMS from the IGNOU University regarding their Admission Status within the 2 Months.
- Here, the IGNOU Admission process gets completed, and candidates can start their journey of Post Graduation with IGNOU.
IGNOU MA Eligibility Criteria
IGNOU offers various specializations in Master of Arts (MA). Such specializations include hindi, history, philosophy, political science, anthropology, psychology, sociology, public administration, economics, english, development studies, and many more. Students who wish to seek admission to any specialization can go through the following points as listed below:
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any course of a recognized University.
- Students who have a minimum of 50% passing marks are eligible to apply for MA programs.
- There is no mandatory subject required for MA admission. Students from any discipline can pursue IGNOU MA programs.
IGNOU MA Fees 2022-23
IGNOU MA has various specializations and thus various fee plans are given for all the specializations.
|MA Specializations||Short Form||Fee (Tentative) (INR)|
|Master Of Arts (Economics)||MEC||12000|
|Master Of Arts (English)||MEG||13200|
|Master Of Arts (Hindi)||MHD||13200|
|Master Of Arts (Hindi) Online||MHD Online||12000|
|Master Of Arts (history)||MAH||9000|
|Master Of Arts (history)||MAH||7300|
|Master Of Arts (ma In Folklore And Culture Studies)||MAFCS||10800|
|Master Of Arts (philosophy)||MAPY||9000|
|Master Of Arts (Political Science)||MPS||9000|
|Master Of Arts (Public Administration)||MPA||9000|
|Master Of Arts (Rural Development)||MA(RD)||9000|
|Master Of Arts (Sanskrit)||MSK||13200|
|Master Of Arts (sociology)||MSO||7300|
|Master Of Arts (sociology)||MSO||9000|
|Master Of Arts (Urdu)||MAUD||12600|
|Master Of Arts In Adult Education||MAAE||14400|
|Master Of Arts In Development Studies||MADVS||11000|
|Master Of Arts In Extension & Development Studies||MAEDS||9000|
|Master Of Arts In Gandhi And Peace Studies||MAGPS||5000|
|Master Of Arts In Gandhi And Peace Studies||MAGPS||9000|
|Master Of Arts In Journalism & Mass Communication||MAJMC||25000|
|Master Of Arts In Women’s And Gender Studies||MAWGS||14400|
IGNOU MA Registration Process 2022-23
Candidates who want to apply for the courses must first meet the eligibility criteria for that course. Once the eligibility criteria are met for the discipline they have selected, the candidates should follow these simple steps to submit their application form.
- Step 1: For IGNOU MA registration go to the official website of IGNOU.
- Step 2: For a new registration, select the “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” button on the website.
Note: Already registered candidates have to write a username and password in the “REGISTERED LOG-IN” section.
- Step 3: Fill in all the required information correctly and then submit by clicking the “SUBMIT” button for final registration.
- Step 4: The registered candidates will receive their Username via SMS and Email.
- Step 5: Use that username to re-login.
- Step 6: after Re-login, an Application form will appear. Fill that application form properly.
- Step 7: Upload the following documents:
Note: Your latest photograph (100KB in JPG Format), Scanned signature (100 JPG Format), All relevant documents (each not more than 400KB in JPG or PDF Format)
- Step 8: Candidates must pay the registration fee via Credit or Debit card or Net Banking. Candidates will receive a successful payment notification via SMS and Email.
Note: The candidates have to pay INR 1000 as a registration fee.
- Step 9: Preview your application form by clicking on the “NEXT” button.
- Step 10: Then Save and Print the Application Form for future use.
- Step 11: In case the candidates forget to take a printout of the application, click on the given link.
- A recent photograph
- Age Proof
- Your signature
- 10th Result
- 10th+2 Result
- Undergraduate Result
- Experience Certificate
- Higher degree (if any)
Note: The applicants have to bring all the documents mentioned above at the time of admission after their name appears in the merit list for undergraduates on the official website of IGNOU.
IGNOU MA Examination Process 2022-23
- IGNOU conducts its Term End Examinations (TEE) twice a year, in December and June.
- The minimum passing mark is 50%. It is mandatory to pass the theory and practical exams separately.
- University releases the Hall Tickets 10 days before the Exam. Students must have it while appearing for the examination in the respective centers.
- Generally, IGNOU releases the result after 45 days of the last exams. Students can check their results on the IGNOU portal.
IGNOU MA Assignments 2022
Assignments are a way to keep an eye on your improvements. Students will include their assignment grades in their final grades. As we said previously, an assignment in a class is worth 30% of the grade. So, you should take your assignment very seriously.
- The TMA for each summer term can be found on the Student Zone of the University’s website. You can get it there. You must finish the assigned task by the due dates in the assignment booklet.
- If you don’t submit your assignment on time, you won’t be permitted to take the term-end exam.
- If you take the term-end test without submitting the assignments, University may cancel the result.
IGNOU MA Specializations
- MA in Gender and Development Studies
- MA in Psychology
- MA in Translation Studies
- MA in Arts (Economics)
- MA in Arts (English)
- MA in Arts (Hindi)
- MA in Arts (Hindi) Online
- MA in Arts (History)
- MA in Arts (MA in Folklore and Culture Studies)
- MA in Arts (Philosophy)
- MA in Arts (Political Science)
- MA in Arts (Public Administration)
- MA in Arts (Rural Development)
- MA in Arts (Sanskrit)
- MA in Arts (Sociology)
- MA in Arts (Urdu)
- MA in Adult Education
- MA in Development Studies
- MA in Extension & Development Studies
- MA in Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies
- MA in Journalism & Mass Communication
- MA in Women’s and Gender Studies
- MA in Arts(Education)
IGNOU MA Syllabus 2022
We have mentioned here Indira Gandhi National Open University – MA (Edu) syllabus, candidates can check here easily.
|Course Name||Credits||Course Code|
|Education: Nature and Purposes||6||MES-012|
|Learning, Learner, and Development||6||MES-013|
|Societal Context of Education||6||MES-014|
|Operational Dimensions of Education||6||MES-015|
|Course Name||Credits||Course Code|
|Higher Education: Its context and Linkages||6||MES-101|
|Instruction in Higher Education||6||MES-102|
|Higher Education: The Psycho-social Context||6||MES-103|
|Planning and Management of Higher Education||6||MES-104|
|Policy Planning and Implementation of Adult Education in India||6||MAE- 002|
|Knowledge Management, Information Dissemination and Networking in Adult Education||6||MAE -003|
|Growth and Philosophy of Distance Education||4||MES-111|
|Design and Development of Self-Learning Print Materials||4||MES-112|
|Learner Support Services||4||MES-113|
|Management of Distance Education||6||MES-114|
|Communication and Information Technology||6||MES-032|
|Communication Technology for Distance Education||6||MES-115|
|Growth and Development of Educ Organizational men||6||MES-041|
|Dimensions of Educational Management||6||MES-042|
|Understanding Adult Education||6||MAE- 001|
|Extension Education and Development||6||MAE-004|
IGNOU MA Assignments
Assignments are an essential part of any course. Students must submit all their course assignments on time. To sit in the Term End Examination (TEE), students have to complete their assignments and submit them within a given deadline.
IGNOU MA Faculty Details
|Prof Dasyam Venkateshwarlu||Director|
|Prof Vibha Joshi||Professor|
|Prof Nirod Kumar Dash||Professor|
|Prof CB Sharma||Professor (on EOL)|
|Prof Saroj Pandey||Professor|
|Dr. M.V. Lakshmi Reddy||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Poonam Bhushan||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Eisha Kannadi||Associate Professor|
|Prof Amitav Mishra||Professor|
|Dr. (Mrs) Sutapa Bose||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Nirmala Yalavarthi||Reader|
|Dr. Vandana Singh||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Bharti Dogra||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Gaurav Singh||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Giridhar Dey||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Anjuli Suhane||Assistant Professor|
|Sh Ajithkumar. C||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Elizabeth Kuruvilla||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. SS Venkatachalam||Assistant Registrar|
|Mr. Kumud Kumar Sharma||Assistant Registrar|
FAQs About IGNOU MA Admission 2022-23
What are the eligibility criteria for IGNOU MA Admission?
Students who passed with 50% in their Undergraduate from any discipline are eligible for IGNOU MA Admission.
What is the duration of IGNOU MA Courses?
Generally, the period of the IGNOU MA Courses is 2-5 Years.
Is it challenging to pass IGNOU MA Exams?
It is not that difficult to pass the IGNOU MA exams. Yes, it is difficult to pass the IGNOU Exam, but with hard work and dedication, students will be able to perform up to the mark.
What is the learning mode of IGNOU MA Courses?
IGNOU offers MA Programmes in a distance mode only.
Is an MA degree acceptable in the USA?
IGNOU Degrees are acceptable in India as well as abroad.
How to apply for the IGNOU MA Admission?
Students can apply for IGNOU MA online mode by visiting the University’s official website.
Can I complete an MA in one year from IGNOU?
Yes, Students who failed in the first and second years can complete their MA in 1 year.
Can I do BEd and MA in the same year?
Yes, both B. Ed and MA can be done together. But, one of them should be in regular mode.
Ques. Is IGNOU MA Admission on Entrance based?
No, IGNOU MA Admission is granted based on Merit only.
Can an MA from IGNOU apply for UGC NET?
Yes, The requirement of UGC NET is the Master’s Degree only. If a student has done MA from regular or distance mode, they are eligible for UGC NET.