IGNOU MA Admission 2021: The IGNOU offers the various specializations under the various schools of the university 2 years are comprised for the master’s degree course like MA. MA stands for the Master of Arts. The duration of the course is 2-5 Years. There is no age bar in this course. The student should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university for admission in the course.
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers various programmes for Postgraduate level in the master of arts(MA) for the aspirants who ambitiously wait for admission after graduation in the same or another discipline.
- 12 October 2021: The date for online registration for academic session 2021 of July session has been extended from October 2021 to 25 October 2021.
IGNOU MA Highlights
|Topic||IGNOU MA Admission (Master of Arts)|
|University Type||Public, Central University|
|Approved by||NCTE, AICTE, NAAC|
|Entrance Test||University: IGNOU OPENMAT for MBA, IGNOU|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance Test|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
|Regional Centers||67 Regional Centers|
|No. of Courses||200+ Courses|
IGNOU MA Admission 2021
MA is a Master’s degree in Arts. IGNOU has two sessional admission cycles, one in January and the other in July. There are 20 art disciplines available in which students can take a master’s degree. The time span of each course is two years. The total fee varies from course to course.
- The applicants do not have to sit in any Entrance Exam.
- The final selection is on a merit basis.
To apply for any of the MA courses listed below:
- Candidates should have a graduation degree in any of the disciplines.
- A degree in Education is not necessary.
IGNOU MA Admission 2021 Last Date
|MA July Admission Starts||15 July 2021|
|MA Admission Last Date||25 October 2021|
|MA July Registration Last Date||25 October 2021|
IGNOU MA Fees 2021
The course of MA has various specializations and thus various fee plans are given for these courses’ specializations.
|Specializations||Annual Fees (Approx)|
|Political Science||INR 12,000|
|Rural Dev.||INR 10,800|
|Gandhi and Peace std.||INR 9,600|
|Adult Education||INR 12,800|
|Distance Education||INR 10,800|
|Women and Gender Std.||INR 13,000|
|Translation Std.||INR 9,600|
|Public Administration||INR 12,000|
|Journalism and Mass communication||INR 25,000|
|Dev. Std.||INR 11,000|
|Gender and Dev. Std.||INR 9,600|
IGNOU MA Specializations
- Master of Arts in English (MEG)
- Master of Arts in Hindi (MHD)
- Master of Arts in Philosophy (MAPY)
- Master of Arts in Psychology (MAPC)
- Master of Arts in Education (MAEDU)
- Master of Arts in Economics (MEC)
- Master of Arts in History (MAH)
IGNOU MA Admission Process 2021
Candidates who want to apply for the courses must first meet the eligibility criteria for that course. Once the eligibility criteria are met for the discipline they have selected, the candidates should follow these simple steps to submit their application form.
- Step 1: For IGNOU MA Admission go to the official website of IGNOU.
- Step 2: For a new registration, select the “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” button on the website.
Note: Already registered candidates have to write a username and password in the “REGISTERED LOG-IN” section.
- Step 3: Fill in all the required information correctly and then submit by clicking the “SUBMIT” button for final registration.
- Step 4: The registered candidates will receive their Username via SMS and Email.
- Step 5: Use that username to re-login.
- Step 6: after Re-login, an Application form will appear. Fill that application form properly.
- Step 7: Upload the following documents:
Note: Your latest photograph (100KB in JPG Format), Scanned signature (100 JPG Format), All relevant documents (each not more than 400KB in JPG or PDF Format)
- Step 8: Candidates must pay the registration fee via Credit or Debit card or Net Banking. Candidates will receive a successful payment notification via SMS and Email.
Note: The candidates have to pay INR 1000 as a registration fee.
- Step 9: Preview your application form by clicking on the “NEXT” button.
- Step 10: Then Save and Print the Application Form for future use.
- Step 11: In case the candidates forget to take a printout of the application, click on the given link.
- A recent photograph
- Age Proof
- Your signature
- 10th Result
- 10th+2 Result
- Undergraduate Result
- Experience Certificate
- Higher degree (if any)
The applicants have to bring all the documents mentioned above at the time of admission after their name appears in the merit list for undergraduates on the official website of IGNOU.
List Of IGNOU Masters Degree (MA) Courses
- Extension and Development Studies
- Political Science
- Adult Education
- Public Administration
- Rural Development
- Gandhian Peace and Rural Development Studies
- Women Studies
- Distance Education
- Translation Studies
- Developmental Studies
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Gender and Developmental Studies
IGNOU MA Syllabus 2021
We have mentioned here Indira Gandhi National Open University – MA (Edu) syllabus, candidates can check here easily. To get more details, visit the IGNOU official website.
|Course Name||Credits||Course Code|
|Education: Nature and Purposes||6||MES-012|
|Learning, Learner, and Development||6||MES-013|
|Societal Context of Education||6||MES-014|
|Operational Dimensions of Education||6||MES-015|
|Course Name||Credits||Course Code|
|Higher Education: Its context and Linkages||6||MES-101|
|Instruction in Higher Education||6||MES-102|
|Higher Education: The Psycho-social Context||6||MES-103|
|Planning and Management of Higher Education||6||MES-104|
|Policy Planning and Implementation of Adult Education in India||6||MAE- 002|
|Knowledge Management, Information Dissemination and Networking in Adult Education||6||MAE -003|
|Growth and Philosophy of Distance Education||4||MES-111|
|Design and Development of Self-Learning Print Materials||4||MES-112|
|Learner Support Services||4||MES-113|
|Management of Distance Education||6||MES-114|
|Communication and Information Technology||6||MES-032|
|Communication Technology for Distance Education||6||MES-115|
|Growth and Development of Educ Organizational men||6||MES-041|
|Dimensions of Educational Management||6||MES-042|
|Understanding Adult Education||6||MAE- 001|
|Extension Education and Development||6||MAE-004|
IGNOU MA [Master Of Arts] Assignments
Assignments are an essential part of any course. Students must submit all their course assignments on time. To sit in the Term End Examination (TEE), students have to complete their assignments and submit them within a given deadline.
IGNOU MA Examination Process
The IGNOU MA takes the Term End Examination (TEE) two times a year. Students can take TEE exams in December and June. Students must obtain 50% marks to qualify for the award of an MA degree
IGNOU Faculty Details
|Prof Dasyam Venkateshwarlu||Director|
|Prof Vibha Joshi||Professor|
|Prof Nirod Kumar Dash||Professor|
|Prof CB Sharma||Professor (on EOL)|
|Prof Saroj Pandey||Professor|
|Dr. M.V. Lakshmi Reddy||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Poonam Bhushan||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Eisha Kannadi||Associate Professor|
|Prof Amitav Mishra||Professor|
|Dr. (Mrs) Sutapa Bose||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Nirmala Yalavarthi||Reader|
|Dr. Vandana Singh||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Bharti Dogra||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Gaurav Singh||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Giridhar Dey||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Anjuli Suhane||Assistant Professor|
|Sh Ajithkumar. C||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Elizabeth Kuruvilla||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. SS Venkatachalam||Assistant Registrar|
|Mr. Kumud Kumar Sharma||Assistant Registrar|
Other Universities for MA Admission
|The Assam Royal Global University||3 years||25675|
|The Assam Kaziranga University||3 years||25650|
|Tezpur University||3 years||25625|
|Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences||3 years||25600|
|Rabindranath Tagore University||3 years||25575|
|Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit & Ancient Studies University||3 years||25450|
|Aryabhatta knowledge University||3 years||25725|
|Amity University||3 years||25700|
- Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in
- Phone: 011-29571000, 29533870, 29533869
- Address: Main Road, Maidan Garhi, Saket, New Delhi – 110068
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th