IGNOU MA Admission 2021: The IGNOU offers the various specializations under the various schools of the university 2 years are comprised for the master’s degree course like MA. MA stands for the Master of Arts. The duration of the course is 2-5 Years. There is no age bar in this course. The student should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university for admission into the course.
Emphasizing the Master of Arts (MA) Courses, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers twenty-three courses. IGNOU offers various specializations in the Post Graduation Programme. There are 44 Masters’ Courses available in IGNOU. The duration of the Course is 2-5 Years. Candidates who have a bachelor’s degree from any discipline are eligible to apply for IGNOU MA admission.
IGNOU MA Admission Latest Updates:
- IGNOU has again postponed the MA admission last date and the admission deadline is 30 November 2021 for the July session.
- IGNOU has exempted the semester-based UG, PG, diploma, and certificate courses.
- The University has mentioned that the SC/ST fee relaxation is applicable for one course only.
IGNOU MA Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU MA|
|Fees||9000 INR to 25000 INR|
|Eligibility||Bachelor or Higher Degree|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Cycle||January and July|
IGNOU MA Admission 2021
IGNOU conducts its admission in two cycles, one in January and another in July. The university has again extended the deadline for fresh MA admission for July session 2021. The applicants can apply online. The university has been extending the date of admission again and again due to pandemics. The university has extended the fresh admission date for the 11th time. The students can apply online by 30 November 2021. There are different specializations available in Master’s Course ranging from Arts in Management. The fee structure varies from individual Course to Course. The IGNOU MA Admission is conducted in the following manner:
- The university does not conduct any entrance exam for MA admission.
- Post-release of the merit list, one should fill out the Admission Form and Course fees before the deadline.
- Students receive an Admission confirmation mail or SMS from the IGNOU University regarding their Admission Status within the 2 Months.
- Here, the IGNOU Admission process gets completed, and candidates can start their journey of Post Graduation with IGNOU.
IGNOU MA Eligibility Criteria
IGNOU offers various specializations in Master of Arts (MA). Such specializations include hindi, history, philosophy, political science, anthropology, psychology, sociology, public administration, economics, english, development studies, and many more. Students who wish to seek admission to any specialization can go through the following points as listed below:
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any course of a recognized University.
- Students who have a minimum of 50% passing marks are eligible to apply for MA programs.
- There is no mandatory subject required for MA admission. Students from any discipline can pursue IGNOU MA programs.
IGNOU MA Admission 2021 Last Date
|IGNOU MA July Admission Starts||15 July 2021|
|IGNOU MA Admission Last Date||30 November 2021|
|IGNOU MA Registration Last Date||30 November 2021|
IGNOU MA Fees 2021
IGNOU MA has various specializations and thus various fee plans are given for these courses’ specializations.
|Specializations||Short Form||Fees (INR)|
|Master Of Arts (Economics)||MEC||12000|
|Master Of Arts (English)||MEG||13200|
|Master Of Arts (Hindi)||MHD||13200|
|Master Of Arts (Hindi) Online||MHD Online||12000|
|Master Of Arts (history)||MAH||9000|
|Master Of Arts (history)||MAH||7300|
|Master Of Arts (ma In Folklore And Culture Studies)||MAFCS||10800|
|Master Of Arts (philosophy)||MAPY||9000|
|Master Of Arts (Political Science)||MPS||9000|
|Master Of Arts (Public Administration)||MPA||9000|
|Master Of Arts (Rural Development)||MA(RD)||9000|
|Master Of Arts (Sanskrit)||MSK||13200|
|Master Of Arts (sociology)||MSO||7300|
|Master Of Arts (sociology)||MSO||9000|
|Master Of Arts (Urdu)||MAUD||12600|
|Master Of Arts In Adult Education||MAAE||14400|
|Master Of Arts In Development Studies||MADVS||11000|
|Master Of Arts In Extension & Development Studies||MAEDS||9000|
|Master Of Arts In Gandhi And Peace Studies||MAGPS||5000|
|Master Of Arts In Gandhi And Peace Studies||MAGPS||9000|
|Master Of Arts In Journalism & Mass Communication||MAJMC||25000|
|Master Of Arts In Women’s And Gender Studies||MAWGS||14400|
IGNOU MA Registration Process 2021
Candidates who want to apply for the courses must first meet the eligibility criteria for that course. Once the eligibility criteria are met for the discipline they have selected, the candidates should follow these simple steps to submit their application form.
- Step 1: For IGNOU MA registration go to the official website of IGNOU.
- Step 2: For a new registration, select the “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” button on the website.
Note: Already registered candidates have to write a username and password in the “REGISTERED LOG-IN” section.
- Step 3: Fill in all the required information correctly and then submit by clicking the “SUBMIT” button for final registration.
- Step 4: The registered candidates will receive their Username via SMS and Email.
- Step 5: Use that username to re-login.
- Step 6: after Re-login, an Application form will appear. Fill that application form properly.
- Step 7: Upload the following documents:
Note: Your latest photograph (100KB in JPG Format), Scanned signature (100 JPG Format), All relevant documents (each not more than 400KB in JPG or PDF Format)
- Step 8: Candidates must pay the registration fee via Credit or Debit card or Net Banking. Candidates will receive a successful payment notification via SMS and Email.
Note: The candidates have to pay INR 1000 as a registration fee.
- Step 9: Preview your application form by clicking on the “NEXT” button.
- Step 10: Then Save and Print the Application Form for future use.
- Step 11: In case the candidates forget to take a printout of the application, click on the given link.
- A recent photograph
- Age Proof
- Your signature
- 10th Result
- 10th+2 Result
- Undergraduate Result
- Experience Certificate
- Higher degree (if any)
Note: The applicants have to bring all the documents mentioned above at the time of admission after their name appears in the merit list for undergraduates on the official website of IGNOU.
IGNOU MA Examination Process 2021
- IGNOU conducts its Term End Examinations (TEE) twice a year, in December and June.
- The minimum passing mark is 50%. It is mandatory to pass the theory and practical exams separately.
- University releases the Hall Tickets 10 days before the Exam. Students must have it while appearing for the examination in the respective centers.
- Generally, IGNOU releases the result after 45 days of the last exams. Students can check their results on the IGNOU portal.
IGNOU MA Specializations
- MA in Gender and Development Studies
- MA in Psychology
- MA in Translation Studies
- MA in Arts (Economics)
- MA in Arts (English)
- MA in Arts (Hindi)
- MA in Arts (Hindi) Online
- MA in Arts (History)
- MA in Arts (MA in Folklore and Culture Studies)
- MA in Arts (Philosophy)
- MA in Arts (Political Science)
- MA in Arts (Public Administration)
- MA in Arts (Rural Development)
- MA in Arts (Sanskrit)
- MA in Arts (Sociology)
- MA in Arts (Urdu)
- MA in Adult Education
- MA in Development Studies
- MA in Extension & Development Studies
- MA in Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies
- MA in Journalism & Mass Communication
- MA in Women’s and Gender Studies
- MA in Arts(Education)
IGNOU MA Syllabus 2021
We have mentioned here Indira Gandhi National Open University – MA (Edu) syllabus, candidates can check here easily.
|Course Name||Credits||Course Code|
|Education: Nature and Purposes||6||MES-012|
|Learning, Learner, and Development||6||MES-013|
|Societal Context of Education||6||MES-014|
|Operational Dimensions of Education||6||MES-015|
|Course Name||Credits||Course Code|
|Higher Education: Its context and Linkages||6||MES-101|
|Instruction in Higher Education||6||MES-102|
|Higher Education: The Psycho-social Context||6||MES-103|
|Planning and Management of Higher Education||6||MES-104|
|Policy Planning and Implementation of Adult Education in India||6||MAE- 002|
|Knowledge Management, Information Dissemination and Networking in Adult Education||6||MAE -003|
|Growth and Philosophy of Distance Education||4||MES-111|
|Design and Development of Self-Learning Print Materials||4||MES-112|
|Learner Support Services||4||MES-113|
|Management of Distance Education||6||MES-114|
|Communication and Information Technology||6||MES-032|
|Communication Technology for Distance Education||6||MES-115|
|Growth and Development of Educ Organizational men||6||MES-041|
|Dimensions of Educational Management||6||MES-042|
|Understanding Adult Education||6||MAE- 001|
|Extension Education and Development||6||MAE-004|
IGNOU MA Assignments
Assignments are an essential part of any course. Students must submit all their course assignments on time. To sit in the Term End Examination (TEE), students have to complete their assignments and submit them within a given deadline.
IGNOU MA Faculty Details
|Prof Dasyam Venkateshwarlu||Director|
|Prof Vibha Joshi||Professor|
|Prof Nirod Kumar Dash||Professor|
|Prof CB Sharma||Professor (on EOL)|
|Prof Saroj Pandey||Professor|
|Dr. M.V. Lakshmi Reddy||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Poonam Bhushan||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Eisha Kannadi||Associate Professor|
|Prof Amitav Mishra||Professor|
|Dr. (Mrs) Sutapa Bose||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Nirmala Yalavarthi||Reader|
|Dr. Vandana Singh||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Bharti Dogra||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Gaurav Singh||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Giridhar Dey||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Anjuli Suhane||Assistant Professor|
|Sh Ajithkumar. C||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Elizabeth Kuruvilla||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. SS Venkatachalam||Assistant Registrar|
|Mr. Kumud Kumar Sharma||Assistant Registrar|
FAQs About IGNOU MA Admission 2021
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria for IGNOU MA Admission?
Ans. Students who passed with 50% in their Undergraduate from any discipline are eligible for IGNOU MA Admission.
Ques. What is the duration of IGNOU MA Courses?
Ans. Generally, the period of the IGNOU MA Courses is 2-5 Years.
Ques. Is it challenging to pass IGNOU MA Exams?
Ans. It is not that difficult to pass the IGNOU MA exams. Yes, it is difficult to pass the IGNOU Exam, but with hard work and dedication, students will be able to perform up to the mark.
Ques. What is the learning mode of IGNOU MA Courses?
Ans. IGNOU offers MA Programmes in a distance mode only.
Ques. Is an MA degree acceptable in the USA?
Ans. IGNOU Degrees are acceptable in India as well as abroad.
Ques. How to apply for the IGNOU MA Admission?
Ans. Students can apply for IGNOU MA online mode by visiting the University’s official website.
Ques. Can I complete an MA in one year from IGNOU?
Ans. Yes, Students who failed in the first and second years can complete their MA in 1 year.
Ques. Can I do BEd and MA in the same year?
Ans. Yes, both B. Ed and MA can be done together. But, one of them should be in regular mode.
Ques. Is IGNOU MA Admission on Entrance based?
Ans. No, IGNOU MA Admission is granted based on Merit only.
Ques. Can an MA from IGNOU apply for UGC NET?
Ans. Yes, The requirement of UGC NET is the Master’s Degree only. If a student has done MA from regular or distance mode, they are eligible for UGC NET.