IGNOU MLIS Admission 2022: 15 March 2022 is the last date of IGNOU MLIS Admission 2022. It is a professional 1-years postgraduate course, which covers an advanced study of handling records principles of library administration and science. Indira Gandhi National Open University offers a Master of library and information science for students who want to make a career in the library and management sector.
This Programme emphasizes handling and accessing information entirely rather than the conventional library activities. The student has to pay INR 10,800 for this 1-year MLIS program.
- IGNOU Assignment submission for MLIS programs, last date has extended again till 15 May 2022.
- IGNOU has started taking application for January 2022. Students can submit the application form till 31 March 2022.
- The Last date of IGNOU Re-registration for January 2022 is extended up to 31 March 2022.
IGNOU MLIS Admission Highlights
|Programme Name||Master of Library and Information Science|
|Minimum Duration||1 year|
|Maximum Duration||2 years|
||BLIS Degree or Equivalent|
|Programme Fees||INR 10,800 for full programme|
|Age Criteria||No Bar|
|Admission||January & July|
|More Details||Click Here|
IGNOU MLIS Admission 2022
The IGNOU will accept new applications for the Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) admission twice a year, and the session is in January and July. The duration of MLIS course is one year. Students can choose any of session to get admission to the IGNOU university; they have to go on the official website of the IGNOU and fill their form for admission form.
IGNOU MLIS Eligibility Criteria
- Students who have completed their Bachelor of Library and Information Science degree or any other equivalent degree with a minimum of 50 percent can apply for the Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) course.
- Students who have experience of working in libraries, information centers, or any other related organizations will get extra weightage.
IGNOU MLIS Fees
The registration fee for the course is Rs 200 and the Total IGNOU MLIS Fees is Rs 10,800. It is payable by both methods: online and offline, and also student can fill their form by e-challan.
How to Apply for the IGNOU MLIS Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU.
- Select ” I Agree on Declaration ” by clicking a tick mark on it.
- Click on Proceed button to fill the further process of the Application form.
- Fill in the Program Code.
- Fill in your enrollment number.
- Choose the mode of payment.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Pay the fees for the subjects.
- Passport Size Photo should Not be More Than 100 KB-JPG Format.
- Scan Copy of Signature should Not be More Than 100 KB-JPG Format.
- Birth Certificate should Not be More Than 100 KB-JPG Format.
- Previous Academic Records should Not be More Than 100 KB-JPG Format Each.
- BPL Card should Not be More Than100-JPG Format KB.
IGNOU MLIS Course Syllabus
|Course Name||Credits||Course Code|
|Information Sources, Systems and Services||4||MLII-101|
|Information, Communication and Society||4||MLI-101|
|Management of Library and Information Centres||4||MLI-102|
|Fundamentals of Information Communication Technologies||4||MLIE-103|
|Information Processing and Retrieval||4||MLII-102|
|Information Communication Technologies: Applications||4||MLII-104|
IGNOU MLIS Programme Components
This PG level courses comprises of total 9 subjects in which 7 subjects belong to main core and 2 subjects are elective subjects.
- MLI-101 Information, Communication And Society
- MLI-102 Management Of Library And Information Centres
- MLII-101 Information Sources, Systems And Services
- MLII-102 Information Processing And Retrieval
- MLII-103 Fundamentals Of Information And Communication Technologies
- MLII-104 Information And Communication Technologies-Applications 8
- MLIP-002 Project Work/Dissertation
- MLIE-101 Preservation And Conservation Of Library Materials
- MLIE-102 Research Methodology
- MLIE-103 Academic Library System
- MLIE-104 Technical Writing
- MLIE-105 Informetrics And Scientometrics
- MLIE-106 Public Library System And Services
Frequently Asked Question
Ques: What are the requirements to get into IGNOU MLIS?
Ans: Only candidates who passed the BLIS or any equivalent degree with 55% marks are eligible for IGNOU MLIS.
Ques: Is work experience required to pursue the IGNOU MLIS course?
Ans: No, Work experience is mandatory for the IGNOU MLIS course, but it gives students extra weightage in the curriculum.