IGNOU MLIS Admission 2021-22: This is a professional postgraduate course, which covers an advanced study of particles and principles of library administration and library science. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers a Post-Graduate Programme in the name MLIS ( Master of library and information Science) for the candidates who want to make a career in the library and management sector. This Programme emphasizes handling and access information entirely rather than the conventional library activities. The Popularity of the MLIS Course resulted in the spread of the wings from national to international level. The Countries like Dubai, Mauritius, and Kuwait are the major amongst the rest outside India where this Programme gets attention. The Candidate has to pay 9000 INR for this one-year programme.
- 12 October 2021: The IGNOU has once again changed the closing date of admission for July Session 2021. The eligible students can apply online till 25 October 2021.
IGNOU MLIS Highlights
|Programme Name||Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)|
|Duration||1 to 4 Years|
||BLIS Degree or it’s Equivalent|
|Programme Fees||INR Rs. 9,000|
|Age Criteria||No Bar|
|More Details||Click Here|
IGNOU MLIS Admission 2021-22
The IGNOU University will release the date of the Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) admission twice a year and the session is January and July. Students can choose any of them to get admission to the IGNOU university they have to go on the official website of the IGNOU and fill their form for admission.
IGNOU – MLIS Programme Fee structure
The registration fee for the course is Rs 200 and the Total Programme (MLIS) Fees is Rs 10,800. It should be payable online and offline, both the method and also student can fill their form by e-challan.
IGNOU – MLIS Programme Syllabus:
|Course Name||Credits||Course Code|
|Information Sources, Systems and Services||4||MLII-101|
|Informatics and Scientometrics||4||MLIE-105|
|Public Library System and Services||4||MLIE-106|
IGNOU Eligibility Criteria for MLIS
- The applicant must have a complete bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Completed BLIS from a recognized university can eligible for applying the form.
- The applicant has completed a bachelor’s degree with 2 years of working experience in information centres.
How to Apply for the Admission form?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU.
- Select ” I Agree on Declaration ” by clicking a tick mark on it.
- Click on Proceed button to fill the further process of the Application form.
- Fill in the Program Code.
- Fill in your enrollment number.
- Choose the mode of payment.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Pay the fees for the subjects.
- Passport Size Photo should Not be More Than 100 KB-JPG Format.
- Scan Copy of Signature should Not be More Than 100 KB-JPG Format.
- Birth Certificate should Not be More Than 100 KB-JPG Format.
- Previous Academic Records should Not be More Than 100 KB-JPG Format Each.
- BPL Card should Not be More Than100-JPG Format KB.
IGNOU MLIS Programme Components
This PG level courses comprises of total 9 subjects in which 7 subjects belong to main core and 2 subjects are elective subjects.
- MLI-101 Information, Communication And Society
- MLI-102 Management Of Library And Information Centres
- MLII-101 Information Sources, Systems And Services
- MLII-102 Information Processing And Retrieval
- MLII-103 Fundamentals Of Information And Communication Technologies
- MLII-104 Information And Communication Technologies-Applications 8
- MLIP-002 Project Work/Dissertation
- MLIE-101 Preservation And Conservation Of Library Materials
- MLIE-102 Research Methodology
- MLIE-103 Academic Library System
- MLIE-104 Technical Writing
- MLIE-105 Informetrics And Scientometrics
- MLIE-106 Public Library System And Services
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th