IGNOU MSc Admission 2022-23: 15 March 2022 is the last date of IGNOU MSc Admission 2022-23, Masters in Science is a two-year post-graduate programme in science requiring students to complete a B.Sc. in the relevant field. MSc is a specialized programme designed for IGNOU students. IGNOU University is one of the oldest open, distance, online universities.
Admissions are open until 15 March 2022. Students who want to enroll in this university should read the article carefully. If students have problems, they can contact us for help. Also, IGNOU has set an eligibility criterion of 50% in each subject.
Students must also obtain marks in subjects that are either PCB or PCM. The fees for specializations vary, so students should check the fee criteria. Students should fill out the form before the deadlines, and the application fee is Rs. 200. The above article requires students to read all required details for admissions, eligibility, course specialization, step-by-step procedure, and enrolment document list.
Here are a few essential things to know about the IGNOU Distance MSc.
- This means that the last day to apply for the IGNOU Admission for the January 2022 session has been pushed back until 31 March 2022.
- Applicants who want to take the course will be chosen on a merit list. They must have graduated from high school with at least 50% of their grades.
- The minimum distance of the course is two years, which is made up of four academic sessions.
- For five years after the Students is accepted into the university for a distance M.Sc course, the enrollment will be valid for the Students to use.
- The IGNOU M.Sc course is made by the greatest commercial activity people to ensure that students get the best education possible.
MSc is very largely opted for in IGNOU. Only those who have done their B.Sc in the same or most relevant specialization of the course can apply in the MSc course aspirants of the course are to have gained 50% by the least in their B.Sc program.
- Assignment submission last date has now extended again for June TEE 2022 till 15 May 2022. (Source)
- IGNOU has extended the deadline for Jan Admission till 31 March 2022 for all programs (except certificate & semester programs).
- IGNOU has started accepting new applications for the MSc Course in January 2022 Session. The closing date is 15 March 2022.
- IGNOU has postponed the last date for the Re-registration for January 2022. Now the students can apply till 31 March 2022.
IGNOU MSc Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Master of science|
|Approved by||NCTE, AICTE, NAAC|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance Test|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
|Regional Centers||67 Regional Centers|
|No. of Courses||200+ Courses|
IGNOU MSc Admission 2022-23
15 March 2022 is the last date of IGNOU MSc Admission for the january session. The Indira Gandhi National Open University offers a Master of Science (M.Sc) degree. This course covers chemistry, physics, and biology in depth. Along with theoretical knowledge, students learn how to design and conduct a field study to solve a problem in our environment. Applicants must have completed a BSc in the relevant subjects prior to applying for a master’s degree. Applying to these courses is simple as the university offers an online admission portal called Samarth Portal.
IGNOU is one of the largest universities offering MSc Programme. The university offers 5 specialisation Master of Science (Food Nutrition) (MSCDFSM)/ (Counselling and Family Therapy) (MSCCFT)/ (Environmental Science) (MSCENV)/ (Mathematics with Application in Computer Science) (MSCMACS) and (Information Security) (MSCIS). It is a 2 year distance mode courses.
IGNOU MSc Admission 2022-23 Last date
|IGNOU Fresh Admission Registration Starts||25 December 2021|
|IGNOU MSc Admission Last Date Submission||15 March 2022|
|Last Date of IGNOU Re-registration for January Session||31 March 2022|
IGNOU MSc Eligibility Criteria
A student is considered eligible for admission in MSc if she/he has passed a UG level qualification. It is a general requirement to have at least 50% marks in the last exams. Admissions are not entrance-based, and only previous effects are considered.
- Candidates must have graduated with Mathematics as a major subject with 50% passing marks.
- The applicant should have a PG Diploma in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition or graduated with a relevant degree from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have a PG Diploma in Guidance and Counselling or a bachelor’s degree with a specialization in subjects like medicine, sociology, childhood development, family studies, MBBS, or similar subjects.
IGNOU MSc Fee Structure
|Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Course Fee (in INR)|
|Food Nutrition (MSCDFSM)||BSc (Home Science) with specialization of Nutrition as well as Nutrition, Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition||32,400|
|Hospitality Administration||BSc degree with a concentration on Hospitality and Hotel Administration from NCHMCT||10,000|
|Environmental Science||A UG degree in the Science stream of a reputable university||15,000|
|Mathematical Applications and Mathematics in Computer Science||Graduates from a recognized university/institution||26,400|
|Counselling and Family Therapy||Bachelor’s degree||33,600|
IGNOU MSc Specializations
IGNOU offers master’s courses in two subjects: Msc in food and nutrition, and another course is Msc in Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science. The eligibility is different for both courses. The students can complete the course within 2 years. But the university gives the facility to complete the course maximum in 6 years. There is no age bar for admission to these post-graduate-level courses.
- MSc in Food and Nutrition
The master course is designed to fulfill the requirement of professional dietetics in hospitals and hostels. Those students who have completed their graduation from the science stream are eligible to apply for the course. The applicants must have studied biology in at least one year of graduation. Those who have done PG Diploma in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition are also eligible to apply.
- M.Sc in Hospitality Administration
This programme has been introduced to impart knowledge about the professional management techniques required in the Hotel and Hospitality area. This master’s programme is of two years duration. The aspirants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Hotel Administration from a recognized university. However, those who have graduated from any discipline can also apply but they must have a three years diploma in hotel management from NCHMCT.
- M.Sc in Zoology
IGNOU provides many specializations for the MSc program; one of them is Zoology. This specialization is widely pursued by students who want to pursue a research profession in living organisms. It is also 2 years in duration. Students with a BSc degree (Zoology preferred) from a recognized degree are eligible to apply.
- M.Sc in Information Security
School of Vocational Education and Training (SOVET), IGNOU provide Master of Science in Information Security. The course is only available in the July session. Only Bachelor Degree in any relevant subjects holders can apply for MSc in Information Security. The course fee is Rs 10800 per semester or Rs 21600 per year.
IGNOU MSc Online Application Form Process
- Go to the official website of IGNOU MSc Admission using this link.
- Click on the “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” on the website.
Note: If Candidates are already registered, write your username and password in the “REGISTERED LOG-IN” section.
- Fill in all the required information correctly and then click on the “SUBMIT” button for final registration.
- Then, registered candidates will receive their Usernames via SMS and Email.
- Use that username to re-login.
- After logging in. Fill in all the important information correctly.
IGNOU MSc Offline Application Form Process
- IGNOU MSc admission. visit the nearest IGNOU Regional Center.
- Buy the University prospectus.
- The Prospectus has an Application form attached to it.
- Fill in all the information in the application form.
- Make the demand draft from the bank.
- Send that application form to the center with the fee and required documents.
- Your recent photograph (100KB in JPG Format).
- Your signature (100 JPG Format).
- Candidate relevant documents (each not more than 400KB in JPG or PDF Format).
- Pay the registration fee via Credit or Debit card or Net Banking. Candidates will receive the notification of paid challan via SMS and Email.
IGNOU MSc Syllabus 2022
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MCH-411||Inorganic Chemistry I||3|
|MCH-412||Organic Chemistry I||3|
|MCH-413||Physical Chemistry I||3|
|MCH-414||Chemistry Lab III – Physical||2|
|MCH-410||Chemistry Lab II – Organic||2|
|MCH-415||Chemistry Lab I – Inorganic-Analytical||2|
|MCH-416||Analytical Chemistry I||3|
|MCH-417||(ICT learning in Chemistry, qualifying course)||1|
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MCH-423||Principles of Spectroscopy||3|
|MCH-424||Inorganic Chemistry -II||3|
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MCH-511||Organic Synthetic Methods||3|
|MCH-512||Nuclear & Radiochemistry||3|
|MCH-513||Group Theory and Applications of Spectroscopy||3|
|MCH-514||Chemistry of Materials||3|
|MCH-515||Chemistry Lab VIII- Organic||2|
|MCH-516||Chemistry Lab VII – Inorganic/ Analytical||2|
|MCH-517||Chemistry Lab IX – Physical||2|
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MCH-521||Physical Chemistry Project||6|
|MCH-523||Inorganic Chemistry V||3|
|MCH-550||Inorganic Chemistry Project||6|
|MCH-561||Analytical Chemistry – V Hyphenated methods and automation||3|
|MCH-531||Analytical Chemistry – V I: Computational Chemistry||3|
|MCH-532||Analytical Chemistry Project||6|
|MCH- 550||Inorganic Chemistry III||3|
|MCH-562||Inorganic Chemistry IV||3|
IGNOU MSc Study Material
The study material for Master of Science courses is available at IGNOU egyankosh. The University has updated the MSc Study Material for the new session. It is available for all the MSc Specializations offered at IGNOU. One can also download MSc Study material in pdf form. The availability of IGNOU MSc Study Material is really easy; anyone can access it on ignou egyankosh.
IGNOU MSc Assignments
IGNOU University has released the assignment for the January session & June 2022 TEE. Students who enrolled in MSc programs of any specializations at IGNOU can submit their assignments by 15 May 2022. MSc Assignments must be unique as it includes 30% weightage on the grade card. It should be submitted before the deadline; otherwise, it won’t be accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there an age limit for IGNOU M.Sc Admission?
Ans: No age restriction. If you are eligible, then you can apply.
Can I take another course with it?
Ans: No. you can only take certificate courses.
How will I get my student ID and study material?
Ans: You will get your student ID and study material through the post.
- Address: Main Road, Maidan Garhi, Saket, New Delhi – 110068
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 011-29571000, 29533870, 29533869
- Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in