IGNOU Result 2021: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) was set up in 1985 and was established by an act of Parliament. With the motto of providing access to higher education in all the sections of the society, it has designed numerous undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, advance diploma, PG diploma, PG and advance diploma, certificate, online programs and non-credit programmes, especially for distance learning. However, regular courses are also offered but they are very less in number. Apart from it, the admissions to most of the courses take place without an admission test except for B.Ed and management programmes.
- IGNOU has officially announced that the university has exempted the students of the first year of all UG and PG courses from the June term-end examination for the first time. Click here to check the official notification that the university generates.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University has released the June term end examination (TEE) result for 2021. The open university has also announced the revaluation result for 2021.
How to Check IGNOU Result 2021?
IGNOU result 2021 can be checked and downloaded through online mode. Students who want to check their TEE Exam Result needs to go through the following steps:
- Visit the IGNOU official website.
- Now, check for the Result link of the latest year.
- Now, the Grade card Icon will appear on your screen once you click on the Result Link. Proceed further by hitting the “Grade Card” icon.
- Type in your 9-digit Enrollment Number.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Finally, the result will appear on your screen.
IGNOU Result June 2021
IGNOU Results 2021 for June Session are declared nearly in the month of August. Students who appeared for TEE June can check their results through online mode. In order to check the result, the required detail includes the Enrollment Number only.
Revaluation of IGNOU Result 2021
- After the result is released on the official website, the candidate can apply for revaluation if he or she is not satisfied with the marks and were expecting higher marks or grades.
- The application for revaluation can only be submitted within one month after the result is published.
- There is no revaluation for the Practical exam. Revaluation is only allowed for theory papers.
- After the revaluation of the theory paper, the best-scored marks are updated on the result card.
Early Declaration For IGNOU Result 2021
The Early Declaration of the result means that the candidate wants his or her result sooner than the expected result date. In order to apply for the early declaration, the candidate must have a solid reason that will justify the demand for early results. The candidates apply for early declaration in cases like recruitment document verification, job interview, to submit an application in any other university for higher studies, etc.
The candidate has to submit an application within 30 days after the TEE exams for the early declaration of the result. If the given reason for the early declaration is not approved, it is then considered rejected.
IGNOU Results Grading System
Percentage Calculation Formula:
|A||5||100% – 80%|
|B||4||79% – 60%|
|C||3||59% – 50%|
|D||2||49% – 40%|
Theory and Assignment Weightage in TEE
IGNOU Result Percentage Calculation
Students can calculate the percentage of the marks scored in the TTE. The calculation method is very easy. An example has been shown below in order to have a clear picture regarding the Percentage calculation.
Suppose, a student scored 78 out of 100 in Theory Paper and the Assignment mark is 70. Then, the percentage in this particular subject will come out as follow:
- For Theory Paper: 87*70% or 87*0.7= 61
- For Practical Exam: 70*30% or 70*0.3=21
- Total Marks Obtained: 61+21 = 82 out of 100.
- Percentage: 82/100*100 = 82% (A-Grade)
Passing Marks for IGNOU Degree Courses
For a 25 marks paper, the candidate must obtain 9 marks in order to pass.
For a 50 marks paper, the candidate must obtain 18 marks in order to pass.
For a 100 marks paper, the candidate must obtain 35 marks in order to pass.
For a 50 marks paper, the candidate must obtain 20 marks in order to pass.
For a 100 marks paper, a candidate must obtain 40 marks in order to pass
FAQs About IGNOU Result 2021
Q1. How to check the IGNOU exam result?
Ans. The procedure to check the IGNOU Exam result is very simple. Students who want to check the result must visit the official website of IGNOU University. Then, go to the “Student Support” section page where you will get the link to the declared Result. After clicking the link, students have to type in their 9-Digit Enrollment Number at the login page and finally, the result will open up on the screen.
Q2. What is the declaration date of the IGNOU Exam Result?
Ans. University releases the result nearly after 45 Days of the Term End Examination (TEE).
Q3. When will the IGNOU result be declared?
Ans. The result of the Term End Examination, June declared in the month of August/September and the result of Term End Examination, December is declared in February/ March of the respective year.
Q4. What are the passing marks in IGNOU?
Ans. A student has to secure 40 marks out of 100 and in assignments, they have to score 50 marks out of 100 in order to pass the IGNOU Examination.
Q5. How to calculate the percentage in IGNOU?
Ans. Firstly, write the marks secured in Assignment and Term End Examination (TEE) in one place in a tabular form. Then, Assignment marks will be converted into 30% and Theory marks will be converted into 70%. Now, these calculated percentages will be added together which will give us a Grand Total of the entire subjects. Finally, divide the grand total by the total no. of subjects in the semester.
Q6. What are the charges to be paid for re-evaluating the result?
Ans. If a student wants their answer sheets to be re-evaluated, they have to pay charges for it, which is Rs. 750/- per course.