IIT Kharagpur Admission 2021 | Eligibility, Entrance Process, Cutoff: IIT Kharagpur was the first to be set up in India. It is ranked 5th by NIRF 2020 for the overall management and engineering performance. It is one of the best colleges in the country that offers a B-Tech degree. The IIT faculty is very sizeable, with a ratio of students to the teacher of 13:1, thus making a total of 841 members. This ratio indicates the availability of 01 teachers for 13 students. Various specializations courses are offered at different levels, such as graduate, postgraduate, and doctorate levels.
IIT Kharagpur offers admissions for courses such as B-Tech, M-Tech, B. Arch, MSc, MBA, LLB, LLM, MMST, EMBA, and Ph.D. The deadline to register for the IIT KGP MMST program online is 15 March 2021. Aspirants can apply online at IIT Kharagpur’s website.
The institute has announced admissions in the B-Tech program. IITK has scheduled the date of the JEE Advanced exam for the B-Tech course for 03 July 2021. It will be mandatory for candidates to pass JEE Advance and JoSAA Counselling. The fee for the B-Tech program in IIT Kharagpur is INR 82070. There is 14 specialization within the B-Tech program offered by the institute.
One of the very first of the IITs to be established. IIT Kharagpur has been known around the world to bring forth great students of the subjects. It was initially established for the training of engineers and scientists. It has, however, grown into providing excellent courses across all subjects. IIT Kharagpur has been tagged as an Institute of Eminence. Some of the essential common infrastructure which the university has
- Eminent faculty
- Updated library
- Studious environment
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
- UG Admission Start online Click
Recent Developments in Bioenergy Research event is going to be organized by the university on 19 October 2021. Visit this Link for more information.
Introduction to R Programming and Data Analytic online event will be held on 07 November 2021.
IIT Kharagpur Admission 2021
IIT Kharagpur is an autonomous university. It was founded in 1951. NIRF 2021 ranked it at 5th position in the overall category. IIT is offering numerous UG, PG, dual degree, and P.hD courses in the discipline of Engineering, Architecture, Law and Science, etc.
At the undergraduate level, the IIT-K is offering B.Arch, B.Tech in 10 specializations, LLB. Whereas at PG level the IIT-K is providing programmes like MSc under 07 specializations, MBA in 07 specializations, PhD under 07 specializations, and under dual degree B.Tech+M.Tech the IIT is offering courses in 06+ specializations.
The admission process of IIT-K is based on the score taken by aspirants in multiple entrance exams. The outside entrance exams like JJE Main and Advanced, IIT JAM, GATE, CAT, and UGC-NET, etc scores are also accepted for selection.
- The B.Tech admissions are followed by the performance of aspirants in JEE Main or advanced exams.
- For M.Tech selection is done on basis of GATE.
- IIT JAMmarks are acceptable for the admission of MSc programs.
- The MBA course requires CAT score, Group discussion as well as Interview round.
- GATE, UGC-NET, ICAR, ICMR, and CSIR NET marks aggregate or Written test and interview is conducted for P.hD enrollments.
IIT Kharagpur Admission Highlights
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur|
|Also Known As||IIT Kharagpur|
|Institute Type||Central Institute of National Importance|
IIT Kharagpur B Tech Cut Off 2021: Round 3, 2 & 1 (General Category)
|Specialization||Closing Rank (Round 3)||Closing Rank (Round 2)||Opening Rank (Round 1)|
|Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture||7,096||7,077||5,457|
|Mining Engineering||Same as round 2||7,132||5,665|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||5,558||5,550||3,742|
|Mechanical Engineering||Same as round 2||2,477||980|
|Manufacturing Science and Engineering||5,093||4,892||3,873|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Same as round 2||2,249||1,551|
|Industrial and Systems Engineering||Same as round 2||3,620||2,654|
|Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering||Same as round 2||1,110||532|
|Electrical Engineering||Same as round 2||1,511||1,128|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Same as round 2||292||180|
|Chemical Engineering||Same as round 2||3,666||2,481|
|Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering||Same as round 2||6,205||4,028|
|Agricultural and Food Engineering||Same as round 2||7,352||5,592|
|Aerospace Engineering||Same as round 2||3,967||2,477|
IIT Kharagpur Entrance Exam Process
- The exam process to get admitted to the courses depends on the subject.
- Each subject that is being opted for by the student has its own process.
- For some subjects, certain national competitive exams are mandatory.
- Law courses such as LLB or LLM admits students through its own process of written exam and interviews.
- In order to ensure admission in MSc courses, students are required to have participated in the JAM exam. The CCMN committee further evaluates them through the method of counseling.
- MBA seats are allocated to students after counseling by WAT and PI, which is preceded by the CAT examination. CAT score is essential for admission to the MBA program
|MBA Registration||05 Jan – 31 Jan 2021|
|WAT & PI Date||28 Feb – 29 Mar 2021|
|Declaration of Admission Result||30 Apr 2021|
|Last Date of Registration for LLB IPR||16 Mar 2021|
|LLB Entrance Exam||18 Apr 2021|
|LLB Personal Interview||19 Apr 2021|
IIT Kharagpur Admission 2021
The criteria of IIT Kharagpur admission are decided upon the course of choice. Some of the criteria has been mentioned below to aid the students:
- For the M.Tech program in Railway Engineering, most of the seats of the course are reserved for people who work at Indian Railways. They are to have two years of experience minimum. A mechanical engineer who has an appropriate GATE score is eligible too.
- For undergraduate degrees, the students who aspire to attend engineering courses need to have good score in JEE Advanced
- It is a must for candidates to have cleared their higher secondary with marks of 75%. They are to have had the subject combination of physics, maths, and chemistry. Students belonging to the reserved category are extended some benefits. Their cutoff is reduced to 65%
IIT Kharagpur Admission Process 2021
Students have the facility to fill the IIT Kharagpur application form online. They can do so by going to the official website.
The process of IIT Kharagpur admission begins with the submission of the application form. Specifications are given for the opted courses. The students are expected to clear the pre-university exams. The respective competitive exam and the results scored are an essential factor in deciding. Some of the specific information is given below :
- Admission to the courses such as B.Tech is decided upon the JoSAA counselling. It is followed after the candidate presents the required score of JEE Advanced of the current year.
- Admission in M.Tech is based on the outcome of the counselling session by CCMT.
Ans – Yes. The students are offered important positions at many international companies
Ans – Yes.
Ans – the Hall Disciplinary Committee (HDC) is responsible for this.
Be the first to leave a review.