IIT Patna Admission 2021-22, Eligibility, Cutoff, Entrance Process: IIT Patna is one of the Institute of National Importance and is in Bihar, some kilometers off Patna City.IIT Patna is one of the latest members of the illustrious IITs, which now number 15 as of 2011. NIRF 2020 ranks it at 54th position in Overall group. The IIT Patna campus is situated in Bihta, about 40 kilometres from Patna. IIT Patna is a prestigious engineering and technology institution that was ranked as India’s 10th best engineering institute in 2016. Thousands of aspiring students apply to IIT Patna every year for its famous courses, and the institution gets thousands of applications annually.
UG, PG, and doctoral research programmes in engineering and science are available at IIT Patna. At the undergraduate level, IIT-P offers B.Tech in five specializations. At the PG level, the ITI offers M.Tech. and M.Sc. A Ph.D. is available in three fields at the doctoral level.
Admission to the B.Tech curriculum is dependent on the JEE Main ranking, and is then supplemented by JOSAA counselling, which is used to determine seat allocation. The GATE score is used to determine admission to the M.Tech course, which is supplemented by counselling. Candidates must pay an application fee of INR 1200/- before submitting their application form. The application fee can be charged in both online and offline modes.
Some of the reputed courses of this institute are mentioned below
- Computer science
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- PhD courses
- Biochemical engineering
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
Cyber Security, Privacy in Communication Networks conference will be held on 28 December 2021. See the details from Here
5G Protocol Stack Design and Implementation five days short program will start from 2 November 2021.
- The institution uploaded the admission form for the 2021-21 session. The students for regular and distance learning can apply for it. For more detail, they can visit the site.
- University mentions the fee structure for all the campuses to visit the site and check here.
- Department Of Chemistry, IIT Patna Is Jointly Organizing An Online International Conference On ‘Crystal Engineering: From Molecules To Crystal’s check here.
The institute also provides useful courses in subject fields such as humanities. The department had set up a dedicated center for Endangered Language, to enhance the potential of the students. The institute also has active collaborations with many reputed companies.
The institute also offers a variety of postgraduate programs. Students have the option to have specializations in subjects such as nanotechnology and mechatronics. The institute has to its credit to begin the first postgraduate program in nanotechnology.
IIT Patna Admission 2021-22
IIT Patna is UGC affiliated autonomous institute. IIT-P is holding the rank of 54th position overall by NIRF 2021 rankings. The UG, PG, and PhD levels programs are offered in the above-mentioned fields.
The IIT-P is offering UG courses like the B.Tech program in 04 disciplines. At PG level M.Tech offered under 04 specializations, MSc in 02 fields, and PhD under 03 specializations.
IIT Patna is giving admissions in all these courses based on entrance exams, interviews, and written exam performance basis. The applicants can fill the application form for admission through the website of IIT-P. After the appearance of the merit list, the successful candidates will be invited for personal interviews conducted by the management of IIT-P.
- The B.Tech course admission is given through the performance of students in the JEE Advanced or JEE Main exam.
- The M.Tech enrollments are based on marks obtained by aspirants in the GATE exam. Further, the personal interview and written test is also conducted by
- The MSc course requires good performance in the IIT JAM exam.
- The admissions in the P.hD program of IIT-P require GATE/CSIR-NET/UGC-NET/ICMAR OR ICAR exam marks+ written test, and Personal interviews conducted by the management of IIT-P.
IIT Patna Admission Highlights
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Technology, Patna|
|Also Known As||IIT Patna|
IIT Patna Admission [ Entrance and Exam ]
- The institute offers around 225 seats in various engineering departments.
- To get admission at IIT Patna to these courses.
- Every candidate needs to appear for competitive entrance examinations. The process of entering M.Tech courses is through the competitive entrance exam of GATE.
IIT Patna Admission Application Form 2021
- Any candidate can apply for admission at IIT Patna in effortless ways.
- The candidate needs to log on to the official website and register himself. He has to make sure to provide all the pieces of information.
- The candidates must make sure only to offer precise details. They are also to submit a list of documentation. These documents must be authentic.
- Candidates can apply for B.Tech programs through JEE Main or government entities like National Testing Agency.
Some relevant documents are listed below:
- Certificate of birth
- Mark sheet of higher secondary where required
- Mark sheet of UG degree was required
- Caste certification – If any of the students are opting to apply through caste quota, he has to provide a legitimate certificate to confirm the same.
IIT Patna Admission Dates
|JEE Advanced||02 May – 08 May 2021|
|PhD||15 Mar – 02 Apr 2021|
|Application Forms by IIT Patna||09 Apr 2021|
|IIT JAM||05 Sep – 10 Oct 2021|
|GATE||01 Sep – 01 Oct 2021|
|JEE Advanced||20 May 2021|
|IIT JAM||11 Feb 2021|
|Exam Date of GATE||02 Feb – 10 Feb 2021|
IIT Patna Admission Eligibility Criteria
Admission eligibility at IIT Patna is based on the course of choice of the students. Because every subject is different in its field of study, every subject has different requirements.
Some of the criteria are being mentioned below:
- JAM competitive exam is a must for candidates who dream of studying M.sc courses through this institute.
- JoSAA, whose full form is Joint Seat Allocation Authority, is a crucial decider whether a student will get admission or not. Through its strict evaluation methods and counseling sessions, it makes sure only meritorious students have a chance of admission.
IIT Patna Admission Process
- Every course offered by the institute has its process of admission. Much like other IITs, this process is similar to them.
- For admission to M.Tech courses, candidates have to go through interview sessions. The candidates who are shortlisted by the institute are required to go through this process.
- PhD courses are offered to students only after interview sessions.
Ans – The institute has a robust server infrastructure.
Ans – Yes. It has excellent faculty for those courses.
Be the first to leave a review.