Indira Gandhi National Open University
|Type||Public, Central University|
|Chancellor||President of India (Ram Nath Kovind)|
|Location||Maidan Garhi, Delhi, India|
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) open learning: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), set up by an Act of Parliament in 1985, has endlessly struggled to put together an inclusive knowledge society through inclusive education. It has strived to enhance the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) by contributing high-quality education through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) means.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University started by presenting two academic courses in 1987, i.e., Diploma in Management and Diploma in Distance Education, with a capacity of 4,528 candidates.
Today, it devotes the educational objectives of over 3 million students in the country and other countries with 21 Schools of Studies and a hub of 67 regional centers, around 2,667 learner support centers and 29 overseas partner institutions.
The University has about 228 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral courses, with a capacity of nearly 800 faculty members and 570 educational staff at the main branch and local centers and about 33,212 academic counselors from conformist organizations of higher learning, proficient organizations, and industry among others.
The mandate of the Indira Gandhi National Open University :
- Offer admission to advanced education to all section of the society;
- propose high-quality, original and need-based courses at diverse levels, to all those who want them;
- Reach out to the disadvantaged by contribution courses in all divisions of the country at reasonable costs; and
- Support, manage and control the models of education offered through open and distance learning in the country.
Courses of Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Master of Arts in Adult Education
- Master of Arts in Extension & Development Studies
- Master of Arts (English)
- Master of Arts (Hindi)
- Master of Arts (History)
- MA in Gender and Development Studies
- MA in Psychology
- Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies
- Master of Arts in Women’s and Gender Studies
- Master of Arts (Philosophy)
- Master of Arts (Political Science)
- Master of Arts (Public Administration)
- Master of Arts (Economics)
- MA in Translation Studies
- Master of Arts (Rural Development)
- Master of Arts (Sociology)
If Students can Get Full Programme List of IGNOU Click Here
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), the Nationwide Resource Centre for Open and Online learning, with intercontinental recognition in addition to presence, shall present seamless having access to sustainable in addition to learner-centric quality education, skill up gradation in addition to training to everyone by applying innovative technologies and methods and making certain convergence associated with existing devices for large-scale people resource progress, required for promoting integrated national progress and international understanding.
The College has made a significant mark inside the areas of higher education, community knowledge and constant professional progress. The University has been networking using reputed community institutions in addition to private companies for improving the educative opportunities on offer by the item. As a new leader inside distance knowledge, it has been conferred using awards associated with excellence through the Commonwealth associated with Learning (COL), Europe, several times.
The College is dedicated to quality inside teaching, study, training in addition to extension activities, and acts as being a national reference centre for expertise in addition to infrastructure inside the ODL technique. The University has built the Centre for Extension Education, Nationwide Centre for Disability Scientific studies and Nationwide Centre for Innovation inside Distance Schooling, to give attention to specific Spanish student groups in addition to enrich the distance learning technique.
With the actual launch associated with EduSat (a satellite TV dedicated simply to education) about 20th September, 2004, plus the establishment of the Inter-University Consortium, the College has ushered in a very new age of technology-enabled education near you. All the actual regional centres and large enrolment review centres are already provided using active two-way video-conferencing multilevel connectivity, that’s made the item possible in order to transact interactive a digital content.
Emphasis has become being lay on building interactive media and online learning, and including value towards the traditional length education delivery mode using modern technology-enabled education in the framework associated with blended learning.
Schools of Indira Gandhi National Open University
- School of Agriculture (SOA)
- School of Tourism and Hospitality Service Management (SOTHSM)
- School of Translation Studies and Training (SOTST)
- School of Foreign Languages (SOFL)
- School of Engineering & Technology (SOET)
- School of Extension and Development Studies (SOEDS)
- School of Management Studies (SOMS)
- School of Performing and Visual Arts (SOPVA)
- School of Gender and Development Studies (SOGDS)
- School of Health Sciences (SOHS)
- School of Humanities (SOH)
- School of Education (SOE)
- School of Inter-Disciplinary and Trans-Disciplinary Studies (SOITS)
- School of Computer and Information Sciences (SOCIS)
- School of Continuing Education (SOCE)
- School of Journalism and New Media Studies (SOJNMS)
- School of Law (SOL)
- School of Vocational Education and Training (SOVET)
- School of Sciences (SOS)
- School of Social Sciences (SOSS)
- School of Social Work (SOSW)
Over the actual years, Indira Gandhi National Open University IGNOU possesses lived around the country’s anticipation of delivering education towards the marginalised sections of society. Absolutely free education has provided to everyone jail inmates nationally. A large number of SC/ST students are already admitted in order to various programmes of the University.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) played an essential role inside the establishment associated with Distance Schooling Council (DEC) which is responsible for setting upward standards inside Distance Schooling in of India. The Indira Gandhi Nation wide Open University called IGNOU is often a national university which consists of headquarters inside New Delhi, Delhi, of India.
Named immediately after former Prime Minister associated with India, Indira Gandhi, the university was set up in 1985 with a budget associated with 2000 corer, if the Parliament associated with India handed the Indira Gandhi Nationwide Open College Act, 1985 (IGNOU Behave 1985).
The Indira Gandhi National Open University has an extensive international existence, as has been said sooner. It stimulates and resources the taking part of the faculty inside international management meetings and seminars, and sets up several intercontinental conferences way too. There tend to be regular visits of international scholars, for giving lectures or to interact using faculty.
- Address: Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, Delhi 110068
- Phone: 011 2957 1000