International Institute for Population Sciences Distance Education
International Institute for Population Sciences Distance Education widely known as the IIPS. The Institute serves as a regional Institute for Training and Research in Population Studies. for the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) region. The Institute was established in July 1956 at Mumbai.
The institute was declared as a ‘Deemed University’ on August 1985 under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
International Institute for Population Sciences Courses
- M.A./M.Sc Programme in Population Studies
- Master of Science in Bio-Statistics and Demography
- Post Graduate Diploma in Community Health Care
- Master of Population Studies
- Master of Philosophy
- Diploma in Health Promotion Education
- Doctor of Philosophy
- M.A. Population Studies
- Post Doctoral Fellowship
It started under the joint sponsorship of Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, the Government of India and the United Nations. There are various distance learning programs provided by the Institute to reach those deprived and backward class of people who are unable to pursue regular courses or those who are in service person, housewives, etc.
- Address: B Block, Sector 2, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301
- Tel: 91+22+25563489