Kannur University Distance Education Admission 2021-22: Kannur University was established in 1996 by Act 22 of the Kerala Legislative Assembly. It is a state government university located in Kannur Karnataka. The university is funded and approved by the university grant commission (UGC). It is a leading university having a multi-campus with campuses spread over at various locations under its jurisdiction. The admission process is now online available so kindly checks the official website to fill admission form of Kannur university distance education. The school of distance education started functioning with a B.Com degree course in the year 2002-03.
- 07 September 2021: The last date of online registration for UG and PG programs is 13 September 2021. Check the details here. (Source)
Kannur University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Kannur University Distance Education|
|Approved By||UGC (University Grants Commission)|
Kannur University Distance Education Admission 2021-22
Kannur University offers many courses and plans to the candidates at UG level indifferent fields and streams. Some main courses provided by the university describes below:
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
- Time: The minimum time required to complete a BA degree is generally three years.
- Eligibility: Candidates who have passed 10+2 exams from any recognized institute of India can apply for admission in the university’s BA courses.
- Choice Mode: University grants admission to the candidates based on their marks in 10+2 qualifying exams.
- Time: The period of BCom courses is generally three years.
- Eligibility: Candidates having a certificate of passing intermediate exams from any registered board of India can apply for admission in BCom courses offered by the university.
- Choice Mode: Admission is granted to the candidates based on their performance in intermediate exams.
- Time: Basically, BBA is a 3 years degree course.
- Eligibility: Candidates who have passed HSC qualifying exams can apply for admission to BBA courses
- Choice Mode: The candidates are shortlisted based on their previous year’s performance.
- Time: Basically, the time of BSc courses and plans offered by the university is 3 years
- Eligibility: Candidates who have passed 10+2 exams or have done 3 years diploma are eligible to apply for admission in BSc.
- Choice Mode: Candidates are granted admission based on their performance in 10+2 exams.
- Time: Generally, the length of the BCA courses is three years.
- Eligibility: To become eligible to apply for admission, the candidate must have passed HSC qualifying exams.
- Choice Mode: Admission is granted to the candidates based on merit.
Kannur University offers many plans and courses to the aspirants at the PG level. A short brief about the PG courses offered by the university is given below:
- Time: The candidates can complete their degree in 2 years.
- Eligibility: The candidates having a BA degree can apply for admission in the MA course.
- Choice Mode: University grants access to the candidates based on their performance in the BA course.
- Time: The period of MSc courses is generally two years.
- Eligibility: The candidates with a BSc degree in relevant subjects can apply for admission in MSc courses.
- Choice Mode: The admission grant basis on the marks of the candidate in BSc courses.
- Time: The duration of M Com courses is generally two years.
- Eligibility: The candidates with a valid B Com degree from any institute recognized by UGC can apply for admission.
- Choice Mode: The grant of access is based on merit.
- Time: Aspirants can complete their degree of MBA in 2 years generally.
- Eligibility: Candidates possessing a BBA degree can apply for admission in MBA plans offered by the university.
- Choice Mode: The access is granted on a merit basis.
- Time: The degree of MCA can be completed in 2 years generally.
- Eligibility: Candidates possessing a reasonable degree of BCA can apply for admission to the BCA course.
- Choice Mode: The entrance is generally merit-based.
The university does not offer any diploma course through distance mode of education.
Kannur University Distance Education Application Process 2021
Kannur University Distance Education offers an application form for students to online and offline modes. The candidates can follow these steps to submit their application form online.
- Go to the official website of Kannur University Distance Education.
- Apply by clicking on the apply online.
- Create username and password by Email Id or phone number.
- After logging in. Fill in all the essential information required.
- Upload all documents.
- Application fee pay by Credit/Debit card or Net Banking.
- Check Preview your application form.
- Save and Print the Application Form.
- Visit the Kannur University Distance Education office.
- Buy the University Prospectus.
- The Prospectus has an Application Form attached to it.
- Read the instructions given and fill in the required information.
- Make the Demand Draft.
- Send that Application Form to the Center with documents.
- 10+2 marks sheet
- Certificates or higher degree
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Recent Photos
- Date of Birth Proof
- ID proof
- Receipt of Application fee payment
Kannur University Distance Education Study Centres
- Govt. College, Mananthavady,
- Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery
- Mahatma Gandhi College, Iritty,
- Sree Narayana College, Kannur,
- St. Joseph’s College, Pilathara,
- Nehru Arts and Science College, Kanhangad
- Govinda Pai Memorial Govt. College, Manjeswaram
- St. Pius X College, Rajapuram.
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Statistical Sciences
- Department of Mass Communication & Journalism
- Department of Teacher Education, Dharmasala
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Geography
- Department of Environmental Science
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Molecular Biology
- Department of Zoology
Kannur University Distance Education Courses & Fees
|1||BA||INR. 1,750/- (1st Year Fees)||3 Years|
|2||BSc||INR. 1,750/- (1st Year Fees)||3 Years|
|3||BCom||INR. 1,750/- (1st Year Fees)||3 YEARS|
|4||BBA||INR. 4,900/- (1st Year Fees)||3 Years|
|5||MSc||INR. 3,950/- (1st Year Fees)||2 Years|
|6||MCom||INR. 3,950/- (1st Year Fees)||2 Years|
|7||MBA||INR. 15,000/- (1st Year Fees)||2 Years|
Kannur University Distance Education Affiliated Colleges List
|Government College of Engineering, Kannur||Mangattuparamba, Kerala||1986||Government|
|Government Engineering College, Wayanad||Tindummal, Kerala||1999||Government|
|LBS College of Engineering, Kasargod||Bovikanam, Kerala||1993||Government|
|Sree Narayana Guru College of Engineering and Technology, Kannur||Alaska, Kerala||2003||Private|
|Pariyaram Dental College, Kannur||Pariyaram, Kerala||2004||Private|
|Kannur Dental College, Anjarakandy||Anjarakandy, Kerala||2006||Private|
|PN Panicker Souhruda Ayurveda Medical College, Kasaragod||Bellur, Kerala||2008||Private|
|Institute of Technology Mayyil, Kannur||Pavannur Motta, Kerala||2002||Private|
The University School of Distance Education awards scholarships to all learners belonging to the Scheduled caste/Scheduled Tribe. To be eligible for this scholarship, you have to provide a certificate that you belong. This scholarship is for those whose annual income is less than INR 250,000. For this scholarship, you will get a form from the State Government of Social Welfare Department to submit to the University’s Directorate of Social Welfare.
Address: Thavakkara, Civil Station P.O, Kannur, Kerala, India
Contact No.: 0497-2715330
Source: Official Website
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th