LLB Admission: Bachelor of Law (LLB) is 3 years, and 5 years undergraduate level degree program. This course deals with the various theories and concepts related to law, policies, judiciary, legal issues, social affairs, etc. LLB is a law course that defines what is legally right or wrong. Other than theoretical knowledge, one can engrain a variety of intellectual skills like critical thinking, logical thinking, decision making, and presentation skill. With this degree, one can take on the job roles such as lawyer, legal manager, public prosecutor, legal officer, advocate, etc.
Focusing on the types of the LLB, it is of two types, 3 years LLB and 5 years LLB. Those who have completed graduation with specific law subjects shall be eligible for 3 years LLB. While for 5 years LLB, one should have completed their 10+2 from arts, any streams like medical, non-medical or commerce. Other than eligibility criteria, entrance exams are required in order to shortlist the students. Several law entrance exams are conducted at the national/ state/ university level. It includes CLAT, CUET, DU LLB, MHCET Law, etc.
There are a variety of different universities offering law courses. As per NIRF Rating, it is found that the University of Delhi, National Law School of India University, National Law University, Nalsar University of Law, Symbiosis Law School, Jamia Millia Islamia comes under the top 10 listed law universities. As far as fee structure is concerned, it will vary depending on the course type and the amenities provided on the campus.
- LLOYD Law College, Greater Noida, offers admission to the Bachelor of Law program. Students looking for an LLB course can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
- Sharda University, Greater Noida, invites application forms for admission to the LLB program. Students interested in opting for this course can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
- By June 6, 2022, Students must register for TS LAWCET 2022. (Source)
- The tentative exam schedules for the LLB Program have been announced by Delhi University. For more information, click this link.
LLB Admission Highlights
|Course Name||LLB (Bachelor of Law)|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Duration||3 Year to 5 Year|
|Fee Structure||INR 17,000 – INR 20,000 / Year|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
LLB Admission: Key Points
To seek LLB admission to any academic degree program, aspirants always considers the following aspects given below:
- Duration: LLB degree program is available under two duration, that is, 3 years and 5 years.
- Eligibility Criteria: Five years LLB is pursued by those who have completed Class XII with science or non-science streams. On the other hand, graduates from any discipline are eligible for 3 years LLB.
- Selection Process: Students will be admitted to LLB through entrance exams. Some universities also offer direct admission.
- Entrance Exams: For offering admission to LLB, students are filtered out through entrance exams such as CLAT, MH CET Law, AILET, SLAT, etc.
- Fee Structure: For 3 years LLB courses, the average fee will range between INR 2 Lakhs to INR 4 Lakhs. This is an estimated fee that can vary depending on the different universities or institution.
LLB Admission 2022
The admission process for LLB is different across the universities/ institutions. For LLB, students must check whether they are fitting into the eligibility criteria or not. Those who have completed a Bachelor’s degree from any field are eligible to apply for LLB Admission. Besides eligibility criteria, entry to LLB also depends on the application form.
While filling the form, aspirants must pay attention as this is the first phase of admission that needs to be cleared to get transferred to the next phase. Students are admitted through entrance exams such as CLAT, SLAT, LSAT, SUET, DU LLB, etc. When the result is released, qualified students are allied for the interview and counselling round. To understand the LLB Admission, let us take a look at the following universities:
Symbiosis Law School LLB Admission 2022
To seek entry into LLB courses at Symbiosis Law School, one should have completed Graduation with 45% marks or more from a valued university. The application forms are provided in an online mode and it can be accessed through the website of the chosen university. Besides this, the aspirants will be shortlisted based on AIAT scores. As far as the average course fee is concerned, LLB will be available at INR 1.23 Lakhs.
NLS LLB Admission 2022
Three years LLB course is offered at National Law School of India University for the students. Currently, the application process for LLB Admission is going on and the last date will be 26 March 2022. Each year, students are invited to fill out an online form. One can choose offline mode as per their choice. For seeking admission to LLB, aspirants should hold a Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks (or more) from a reputed board. For the reserved category, it is reduced to 40% marks. Selection will be based on the marks scored in NLSAT that is scheduled to be held on 24 April 2022. Afterwards, the interview session will be taken with the deserving students.
LLB Entrance Exam 2022
To take LLB Admission, many institutes conduct entrance exams. Students should first register for the law entrance test. Some famous law tests are AILET, CLAT, LSAT, & more. The registration will be started soon. Students can also visit the university website.
|LLB Entrance Exam||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|CLAT 2022||01 January 2022 to 9 May 2022||19 June 2022|
|AILET 2022||05 January 2022 to 25 May 2022||26 June 2022|
|DU LLB 2022||04 April 2022 to 15 May 2022||Last week of June 2022|
|AP LAW CET 2022||10 May 2022 to 13 June 2022||13 July 2022|
|LSAT 2022||Yet to announce||yet to announce|
LLB Admission: Syllabus
|Labour Law||Criminology||Family Law|
|International Economics Law||Constitutional Law||Professional Ethics|
|Contractual Law||Law of Tort and Consumer Protection Act||Women and Law|
|Environmental Law||Law of insurance||Law of Evidence|
|Property Law and Transfer of Property Act||Comparative Law||Jurisprudence|
|Human Rights and International Law||Arbitration, Conciliation and Alternative||Intellectual Property Law|
|Training in Moot Court||Legal Writing||Interpretation of Statutes|
|Code of Criminal Procedure||Civil procedure Court||Land Laws Including ceiling and Other Local News|
|Training in Drafting||Administrative Law||Banking Law and Negotiable Instruments Act|
|Company Law||Law of Taxation||Cooperative Law|
Top Law University List
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University
- National Law University Delhi
- National Law University Jodhpur
- The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
- Chanakya National Law University
- National University of Study & Research in Law
LLB Admission Process: How to Apply?
Most of the universities accept the application form online. Although, offline mode is also open for the students, and they can choose anyone as per their choice. The application process of LLM encompasses registration, form filling, document sharing, and fee payment. Before moving to these steps, one must be pre-ready with all the relevant documents and details. Additionally, they must go through the guidelines as mentioned at the beginning of the application form and should be followed accordingly. The salient feature about the main components has been presented below:
- First of all, aspirants will need to visit the official site of the respective university or college offering LLB Admission. For this, one will need to type in the university’s URL on the search bar of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- The actual process starts with the registration wherein an individual will have to create an account by typing in the asked detail. After this, they will be able to login to their dashboard by using username and password.
- While filling the form, applicants must provide their full name, gender, age, father’s name, caste, address, etc. Another section will ask about the educational qualification with respect to course level, program name, subjects, total marks, percentage/ cgpa, etc.
- Documents such as marksheets, degree, signature, photographs, caste certificates need to be uploaded while enrolling for the particular course. For this, such things should be scanned with full clarity and specified size.
- The next step concerns application fee payment for LLB Admission. It is very well known that one will have to pay the requisite amount for the application form, and it is accepted in an online mode if an applicant chooses an online mode.
FAQs About LLB Admission
Q. Can You Explain Me, About LLB (Bachelor of Law)?
Ans: Yes, LLB is a law course for students who make a future in Law field.
Q. Can You Tell Me The Duration Of LLB?
Ans: It is a three years bachelor course.
Q. What is the Full Form of the LLB Course?
Ans. LLB full form is Legum Baccalaureus that is Bachelor of Law.
Q. What Eligibility Needed For LLB Admission?
Ans. Dear Candidate, if you are interested in studying For LLB, first you have to pass Graduation with a minimum mark of 50%, then you can elect to take admission in the course of LLB.
Q. Can I Do Part-Time Education in LLB Course?
Ans: Yes, you can do part-time education for LLB is available in part-time mode.
Q. Can You Explain Me, What is The Duration of The LLB course after the 12th?
Ans: After Intermediate, you can do BA-LLB Course that is five years Duration.
Q. Can You suggest to Me, After complete the 12th, Can I Take Admission to LLB Course?
Ans: No, First, You complete your Graduation, then apply for LLB Course.
Q. Can You Help Me? If I am working in a GOVT job, can I do LLB Course?
Ans: Yes, you can do LLB and LAW courses but after approval from your current organization in evening classes.
Q. What are Age Criteria For LLB Course?
Ans: The Age criteria of this course in the general category are 30 years, and for the reserved category and OBC, the age criteria are 35 years.
Be the first to leave a review.