LLB Admission 2023: LLB is a three to five-year undergraduate law program that focuses on the judiciary and law. The admissions procedure differs from college to college. LLB admission is dependent on a national or university-level law entrance exam. However, several colleges select candidates based on their class 12 merit scores.
The cost of a course varies based on the institution. This program is offered by Symbiosis Law School, Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), and others.
LLB Admission Highlights
|Course Name||LLB (Bachelor of Law)|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Duration||3 Year to 5 Year|
|Fee Structure||INR 17,000/- to INR 20,000/- Year|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
LLB Admission: Key Points
To seek LLB admission to any academic degree program, aspirants always consider the following aspects given below:
- Duration: LLB degree program is available under two duration, that is, 3 years and 5 years.
- Eligibility Criteria: Five years LLB is pursued by those who have completed Class XII with science or non-science streams. On the other hand, graduates from any discipline are eligible for 3 year LLB.
- Selection Process: Students will be admitted to LLB through entrance exams. Some universities also offer direct admission.
- Entrance Exams: For offering admission to LLB, students are filtered out through entrance exams such as CLAT, MH CET Law, AILET, SLAT, etc.
- Fee Structure: For 3 years of LLB courses, the average fee will range from INR 2 Lakhs to INR 4 Lakhs. This is an estimated fee that can vary depending on the different universities or institutions.
LLB Admission 2023
Different universities/institutions have different admission processes for LLB. In order to qualify for LLB, students must check whether they meet the eligibility criteria. Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in any field to be considered for LLB admission. As well as eligibility criteria, the application form plays an important role in entry to LLB.
While filling out the form, aspirants must pay attention as this is the first phase of admission that needs to be cleared to get transferred to the next phase. Students are admitted through entrance exams such as CLAT, SLAT, LSAT, SUET, DU LLB, etc. When the result is released, qualified students are allied for the interview and counseling rounds. To understand LLB Admission, let us take a look at the following universities:
Symbiosis Law School LLB Admission 2023
To seek entry into LLB courses at Symbiosis Law School, one should have completed Graduation with 45% marks or more from a valued university. The application forms are provided online mode and can be accessed through the website of the chosen university. Besides this, the aspirants will be shortlisted based on AIAT scores. As far as the average course fee is concerned, LLB will be available at INR 1.23 Lakhs.
NLS LLB Admission 2023
Three years LLB course is offered at the National Law School of India University. Currently, the application process for LLB Admission is going on and the last date will be 6 April 2023. Each year, students are invited to fill out an online form. For more information visit the official website of NLS LLB Admission.
One can choose the offline mode as per their choice. For seeking admission to LLB, aspirants should hold a Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks (or more) from a reputed board. For the reserved category, it is reduced to 40% marks. Selection will be based on the marks scored in NLSAT which is scheduled to be held on 30 April 2022. Afterward, the interview session will be taken with the deserving students.
LLB Admission Eligibility Criteria
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 45% is required for candidates to be admitted to the LLB program after completing their bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Aspirants must make sure they take the entrance examinations that the institutions require. Merit-based or entrance exam admissions are made.
- As part of the LLB entrance eligibility requirements, applicants must be at least 17 years old.
LLB Admission Entrance Exam 2023
Most universities conduct entrance exams for enrollment selection of the LLB (Bachelor of Law) course. Students have to register themselves through the online portal along with application fee submission. AILET, CLAT, and LSAT are the top three exams that are conducted for LLB Admission. Students can check more detail below the section.
LLB Admission: Syllabus
|Labour Law||Criminology||Family Law|
|International Economics Law||Constitutional Law||Professional Ethics|
|Contractual Law||Law of Tort and Consumer Protection Act||Women and Law|
|Environmental Law||Law of Insurance||Law of Evidence|
|Property Law and Transfer of Property Act||Comparative Law||Jurisprudence|
|Human Rights and International Law||Arbitration, Conciliation, and Alternative||Intellectual Property Law|
|Training in Moot Court||Legal Writing||Interpretation of Statutes|
|Code of Criminal Procedure||Civil procedure Court||Land Laws Including ceiling and Other Local News|
|Training in Drafting||Administrative Law||Banking Law and Negotiable Instruments Act|
|Company Law||Law of Taxation||Cooperative Law|
Top Law University List
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University
- National Law University Delhi
- National Law University Jodhpur
- The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
- Chanakya National Law University
- National University of Study & Research in Law
LLB Admission Process: How to Apply?
Online applications are accepted by the majority of universities. However, offline mode is also available for the students, and they can choose anyone according to their preference, and this can be done in any mode. There are many steps involved in applying for the LLM program, including registering, filling in forms, sharing documents, and paying the fees.
Before moving to these steps, one must be pre-ready with all the relevant documents and details. Additionally, they must go through the guidelines mentioned at the beginning of the application form and should be followed accordingly. The salient feature of the main components has been presented below:
- First of all, aspirants will need to visit the official site of the respective university or college offering LLB Admission. For this, one will need to type in the university’s URL on the search bar of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- The actual process starts with registration wherein an individual will have to create an account by typing in the asked detail. After this, they will be able to log in to their dashboard by using a username and password.
- While filling out the form, applicants must provide their full name, gender, age, father’s name, caste, address, etc. Another section will ask about the educational qualification with respect to course level, program name, subjects, total marks, percentage/ GPA, etc.
- Documents such as mark sheets, degrees, signatures, photographs, and caste certificates need to be uploaded while enrolling for the particular course. For this, such things should be scanned with full clarity and specified size.
- The next step concerns application fee payment for LLB Admission. It is very well known that one will have to pay the requisite amount for the application form, and it is accepted in an online mode if an applicant chooses an online mode.
Career and scope After LLB
As we know LLB is a professional course that’s why there are several career options after LLB. If you do this course from a good college or University like National Law University Delhi, National School of Law Banglore, or Symbiosis Law School then you can get a good job after completing this course. The name of several jobs that we get after completing this course is listed below:
- Legal Advisor
- Legal Analyst
- Legal Researcher
- Civil Lawyer
- Legal Journalist
- Intellectual Property Lawyer
- Corporate Lawyer
If Students don’t want to start their professional career after completing this course and want to pursue higher education then he/she has some good options to pursue are given below:
- Advanced Diploma in law
- M.A. Human Rights and Duties Education
- Master of Comparative Laws (MCL)
- P.G Diploma in Women’s Rights and Human Rights
FAQs About LLB Admission?
Q 1. Can You Explain to Me, About LLB (Bachelor of Law)?
Ans: Yes, LLB is a law course for students who make a future in the Law field.
Q 2. Can You Tell Me The Duration Of LLB?
Ans: It is a three years bachelor’s course.
Q 3. What is the Full Form of the LLB Course?
Ans. LLB’s full form is Legum Baccalaureus which is Bachelor of Law.
Q. What Eligibility is Needed For LLB Admission?
Ans. Dear Candidate, if you are interested in studying For LLB, first you have to pass Graduation with a minimum mark of 50%, then you can elect to take admitted in the course of LLB.
Q 4. Can I Do Part-Time Education in LLB Course?
Ans: Yes, you can do part-time education for LLB is available in part-time mode.
Q 5. Can You Explain Me, What is The Duration of The LLB course after the 12th?
Ans: After Intermediate, you can do BA-LLB Course that is five years Duration.
Q 6. Can You suggest to Me, After completing the 12th, Can I Take the Admission to LLB Course?
Ans: No, First, You complete your Graduation, then apply for LLB Course.
Q 7. Can You Help Me? If I am working in a GOVT job, can I do LLB Course?
Ans: Yes, you can do LLB and LAW courses but after approval from your current organization in evening classes.
Q 8. What are Age Criteria For LLB Course?
Ans: The Age criteria for this course in the general category are 30 years, and for the reserved category and OBC, the age criteria are 35 years.
Be the first to leave a review.