MCom Admission 2022-23: Master of Commerce (M.Com) is a two-year PG level course designed for graduates only. In this course, one can learn about the topics such as business environment, principles, and practices of banking, financial management, statistics of management, etc. This course has a great scope and offers a variety of career opportunities in the government or private sectors. To handle their finance-related activities, M.Com graduates are recruited by various financial and banking companies. Besides the job opportunities, one can apply for Doctoral programmes with a Master’s degree in the relevant field.
MCom course prepares the students to develop a career in financial banking systems, BFSI insurance, commerce, and accounting sectors. There are various subjects that students will read about in their MCom courses like revenue, capital, economy, taxes, trade, and more. A student with an MCom degree has vast career and job opportunities in various fields. Since the MCom course is specialized, only candidates with a BCom degree can pursue it.
Some of the key points about the M.Com course have been stated below:
- Duration: The time period allowed for an M.Com course is 2 years. Some distance universities provide 4 years as the maximum duration.
- Eligibility Criteria: This course is most sought after completing the undergraduate in the related field. Those who hold B.Com (General), B.Com (honors), BBA, or equivalent with at least 60% marks shall be eligible to apply for M.Com. It is important to mention that the minimum marks eligibility can be specified differently by the respective university.
- Entrance Exam: Several entrance exams are conducted at national, state or institute levels. CUET, JUET, DUCET, and BUPET are some of the tests conducted for M.Com Admission.
- Fee: It varies among different institutions offering M.Com courses. Generally, this academic course costs Rs 5,000 to Rs 40,000.
Mcom is a two-year postgraduate commerce degree programme. The course covers accounting, economics, mathematics, business, and other related areas. After finishing a UG degree in commerce or a similar field, one can apply for admission. Admission to the MCom programme was granted based on both merit and entrance examinations. PU CET, AU CET, and BHU PET are some of the entrance exams for MCom admission.
MCom Admission Latest Update
- SHUATS Allahabad’s University MCom Program admission is open now (Click here)
MCom Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Commerce|
|Eligibility||Graduation with min 50% marks in Economics /Statistics/Mathematics/Commerce/Accounts as a subject|
|Similar Options of Study||M.Phil (Commerce), MBA, CA|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Fee Structure||INR 5000- 40,000|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
What is MCom?
The course covers finance rules and their implications, as well as accounting and finance facts. The degree covers the fundamentals of management and commerce. M.Com prepares students to enter the business sector by teaching them how to manage financial statements. It discusses how to deal with government entities. After earning an M.Com, individuals can choose from a variety of professional prospects.
Employers are always looking for a responsible accountant.
- International Business
- Business Analytics
- Corporate Law
- Industrial Business
- Operations Management
- Management Accounting
Why study MCom Course?
Here are some of the reasons why students take up MCom as their post-graduation course-
- There is a wide range of opportunities for students pursuing a master’s in commerce.
- For students who want to pursue a career as a chartered accountant, this course will help them have an idea about cracking CA or CS.
- The course provides specialization in various courses like Accounting and finance, banking and finance, taxation, business management, economics, statistics, computer application, and more.
- Master in commerce involves graphs, numbers, and calculations. Therefore, students must possess sharp analytical skills and a love for mathematics.
MCom Admission 2022-23
Due to technological advancement, MCom admission is offered online by almost all universities. Specifically, MCom admission takes place either through a merit or entrance exam, totally depending on the admission process followed by the university/college. Other than this, the application process remains the first step of the admission, which needs to be completed correctly.
Students are called for other subsequent rounds based on merit or entrance scores. Counselling, Document Verification and final confirmation are the integral part of the admission, followed by the majority of the institutions.
The universities are now opening admissions for the MCom degree program for session 2022-23. The student who completed the BCom can opt for MCom. Students for admission to the institute can be based on scores in UG or any entry test. It is a course provided by different institutions in India. Some famous entrance tests to get into the MCom program are BHU PET, PG CET, DU PET & more.
Subharti University MCom Admission
Subharti University invites students to enrol for MCom Admission 2022. For this, one has to go to the web portal of Subharti University. For seeking MCom admission, students must meet the eligibility criteria prescribed for this course. Firstly, this course is open to those who hold a Graduation degree with a commerce stream from a renowned university. For the selection purpose, the university accepts merit or SNET scores. Besides this, admission starts with the application stage, where one needs to fill out the basic details asked in the form. Additionally, they have to pay the sum of Rs 1,500 as a registration fee.
IGNOU MCom Admission
Presently, IGNOU is accepting admission across all the courses, including UG, PG and Online courses. For IGNOU MCom Admission 2022, one can register and submit the form by 31 March 2022. IGNOU holds admission twice a year for the sessions, in January and July.
Focusing on IGNOU MCom Admission 2022, the admittance will be given through the merit scores only. Those who have done 10+2+3 from any field of specialisation can apply for MCom Admission. To participate in M.Com Admission 2022, aspirants will have to register before the closing date stipulated by the university. The selection to M.Com will rely on the score in the last qualifying exam at the UG level. For the application, one needs to make the payment of Rs 200/.
Amity University MCom Admission
Amity University has currently opened the admission portal for the M.Com course. The last date to apply for the MCom programme at Amity University is 30 April 2022. To fill out the form for M.Com Admission, one should follow the link provided on the university’s online site. One should have passed B.Com with 50% or above from a valued university. Additionally, they should have obtained at least 60% marks in Class XII from a well-known board. Selection will rely on the student’s performance on an online video test conducted at the Microsite Admission window, and the process will be purely in online mode.
Eligibility Criteria for MCom Admission
The essential requirement to pursue a master’s in commerce in India is:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% in their BCom general or BCom Honors degree from any recognized university.
- Some universities consider students with a degree in Economics, Statistics, BBE, and BBS. However, the minimum aggregate of 60% is compulsory.
- Students belonging to OBS or SC/ST get a relaxation of 5% in universities.
MCom Admission: Syllabus
The syllabus tries to cover all the possibilities a student can face. It includes general subjects as well as professional subjects. The course mainly focuses on principles of accounts and business. Specifically, the method proceeds to the B.Com subject. But M.Com covers more details and knowledge. The program is mainly dependent on Management courses and Accounting courses. Also, Economics courses have a significant part in the M.Com degree.
Organisational Theory and Behaviour
Quantitative Techniques for Business
Financial management and Policy
Legal Aspects of Business
Global Strategic Management
Corporate Governance, Ethics and Social Responsibility of Business
What Job profiles be offered after M.Com?
After completing M.Com candidates can apply for jobs in the high-end MNCs and BFSI. You can also choose to take lecturer-ships or teaching positions or opt to research.
- Account Assistant Helps with administrative tasks for accountants in completing clerical duties like filing, typing, handling mails, and basic bookkeeping.
- Operations Manager: It is responsible for the hiring process, setting targets, and team leadership. Marketing Manager responsible for preparing and implementing the marketing strategies.
- Analyst: Performs data operation and creates reports based on the data’s interpretation. The Stockbroker works with stocks and provides financial services to the company.
- Bank Manager: The Bank Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing branches of banks.
- Business Consultants: Their job is to study the market, product lines, and overall company’s financial performance.
- Cashier/Teller: Managing transactions with customers through cash registers.
MCom Admission: Specialization
Master of Commerce (MCom) in India offers a wide variety of specialisations. It will be offered in many universities, including both private & government. While taking MCom admission, students get into the thought of Which M.Com specialisation is best? Specialisations like Computer Application, HRM, Taxation & Marketing are all best for M.Com course. These topics raise many job roles & scope probability.
M.Com provides a variety of specializations within the commerce sector. A few of them are listed below:
- MCom for Computer Applications – It is the area that provides theoretical and practical information about the computer world.
- MCom within Accounting and Finance is more focused on the accounting field and economic finances.
- MCom on Taxation: In this class, students learn to resolve taxation issues comprehensively and research tax-related literature. They also learn to conduct a comprehensive analysis of tax returns.
- MCom in Finance –This is the organization’s finance such as budgeting.
- MCom for HR Resource Management- Deals with managing human resources within the organization.
- MCom marketing gives you all the technical information and the skills required to market in finance and commerce.
MCom Course Career Prospects
The career or scope for the MCom program is wide in India. Many top government colleges provide placement after the MCom course. Any learner who is interested in pursuing a career in the commerce or accountancy field can choose the MCom course. Students can pursue job roles as an accountant in different companies. They can work as employees in business forms. They can work as a content writer on various topics related to accounting, finance, and business. Graduates can also get a job in the marketing sector. Some job options are mentioned below:
- Account Assistant helps with administrative tasks for accountants, including completing clerical duties like filing, typing, handling mails, and basic bookkeeping.
- Operations Manager: It is responsible for the hiring process, setting targets, and team leadership.
- Marketing Manager’s roles are of preparing and implementing the marketing strategies.
- Analyst Performs data operation and creates reports based on the data’s interpretation.
- The Stockbroker works with stocks and provides financial services to the company.
- The Bank Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing branches of banks.
- A business Consultant’s job is to study the market, product lines, and overall financial performance.
- Cashier/Teller managing transactions with customers through cash registers.
Top College for MCom Admission
MCom graduates are required in high demand in top-notch companies. There are many intuitions in India offering MCom admission. In this article, we talk about the top and UGC-recognized MCom colleges. Graduates from these MCom colleges have managed to get placements in prestigious companies.
Top MCom colleges conduct admission processes in June and December. Some institutions have two admission sessions. MCom admission courses is based on merit, but top colleges require National, State, or institute level examinations.
- Private colleges: ICSI New Delhi, Igra Institute of Management and Professional Studies, Achieva educations, School of Distance Education, Bharda Vidyapeeth, and Aryabhatta Degree College, to name a few.
- Public Colleges: IGNOU, Hindu College, SRCC, Ramjas College, etc.
Top University for MCom Course
|The Assam Royal Global University||3 years||25675|
|The Assam Kaziranga University||25650|
|Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences||25600|
|Rabindranath Tagore University||25575|
|Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit & Ancient Studies University||25450|
|Aryabhatta knowledge University||25725|
MCom Course in India
Master in commerce course has various job opportunities in India. The average basic salary with an MCom degree is 3.5 Lakhs per annum. However, with various other skill upgrades, the alary will only increase.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I prepare for the entrance exam for MCom admission?
Ans: Entrance Exams contain objectives and are 100% Aptitude Based examinations. The M.Com entrance exam comprises Logical reasoning and General Knowledge, English, and Quantitative Aptitude.
Does a student have the ability to become a CA after having completed Mcom?
Ans:- Yes. Students can pursue CA after completing M.Com. Actually, one could take it on in tandem with M.Com. No age limit to pursuing CA.
How much is the average cost of the MCom admission?
Ans: The average cost of the course is between INR 60,000 – and INR 120,000, and it depends on which institution the student picks.
Be the first to leave a review.