MA Admission 2023: MA stands for Master of Arts. It is a 2 years PG-level academic program pursued by the graduates only. This course comes in many specializations such are English, Hindi, Psychology, Tamil, Kannada, Social Work & Public Administration. MA is one of the first choices of every graduate student who wants to do a master’s. Any student can opt for this course in offline & online mode after completing graduation.
Students can join this program in regular and distance mode at their convenience. Other than this, having a PG degree can be helpful to have job opportunities in the government or private sectors. To have a clear idea about MA Admission, the following are the main features related to the course:
- Course Name: Master of Arts
- MA Duration: The total duration of the MA course is 2 years.
- MA Eligibility Criteria: Any student with a UG degree with 50% marks (or more) can opt for MA Admission. This educational qualification remains similar everywhere.
- Entrance Exam: JNU CET, CUCET, PUCET, and CUET are a few of the entrance exams taken for MA admission purposes.
- Fee Structure: For the MA academic program, one will have to pay Rs. 5,000/- to Rs. 50,000/- (approx.).
- Specializations: In this degree program, one can have many specializations such as economics, psychology, education, history, sociology, development studies, public administration, and many more.
- Lovely professional university admission has opened for the MA English programme. The last date is 31 March 2023. Source
- Registration for MA CUET 2023 will begin on the NTA’s official website. The last date for the CUET application form is 30 March 2023. Click here for more information. Source
- Registration for MA Admission at Uttarakhand Open University is now open. The deadline for applications is 31 March 2023. Source
- IGNOU MA admission for January 2023 is open till now. The last date for application on the university website is 20 March 2023. Click our page to see the IGNOU MA Admission. (Click Here)
- Amity University opens its admission for the MA Course. The last date for applying for the university through an official portal is 10 April 2023. (Source)
MA Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Arts|
|Average Course fees||INR 5,000 to 50,000 (per year)|
|Average offered salary||Up to INR 2 to 4 LPA|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
What is MA?
A Master of Arts is the most common master’s level or postgraduate degree of all time. The clearance in the BA is compulsory for admission. A master’s in Arts is an upgraded degree for students who choose the arts field and want in-depth knowledge of a specific subject. This course covers the subjects like Language, Literature, art and culture, journalism, sociology, psychology, etc.
Why study MA?
- There are more benefits for the student’s MA Degree that can increase knowledge in a particular subject or field that they select to study.
- MA degree gives an upper advantage to the student after their academic knowledge. it can be counted in their professional career.
Students have the choice to study this course in distance education or regular mode. The option of full-time or part-time is also available. A Master of Arts course is a base to obtain higher MPhil or Ph.D. studies.
MA Admission 2023
The process of admission into the MA courses is going on at numerous universities for the academic session 2023-24. The students looking to get admission to need to reach out to the university’s website and complete the registration process before the last date.
Some factors are linked with admission that can vary as per the universities. Firstly, students must satisfy the eligibility criteria, which says that one should possess a Bachelor’s degree from a renowned university. The application process at almost every institution is carried out in online mode.
Other than this, there are 3 ways that the universities can adopt for the selection purpose. It includes merit or entrance-based. It has been found that many universities offer direct admission to desired specialization available under the Master of Arts (MA) program.
IGNOU MA Admission
Those candidates who want to pursue an MA course in a specific specialization can be admitted to IGNOU University. Presently, fresh admission for January Session 2023 is open for the aspirants. Those who want to apply can fill in the application form. The last date to apply for IGNOU MA Admission 2023 is 28 February 2023.
In general, one needs to have a Bachelor’s degree in any field from a valued university. Other than this, aspirants need to apply online along with all the documents required in the form. As far as the application fee is concerned, it will be Rs 300.
Delhi University MA Admission 2023
MA Admission at DU will soon start for session 2023. The admission will start on 19 May 2023. The portal to register at @www.du.ac.in. Students who pass the graduation degree with 45% marks are eligible to apply. There are numerous Master of Arts or MA specializations available for students.
Amity University MA Admission
Amity University, Noida, admission to all the Master of Arts or MA degree courses will soon open for session 2023. The last date to apply will be 30 April 2023. Graduates can choose Amity University to study MA full-time. For MA Admission, one must have earned a Bachelor’s degree and scored 60% marks or more from a well-known university. The enrolled students will have to face the aptitude test conducted online through a video link placed on the Admission Microsite. One will need to pay Rs 1,100 for the application form as an applicant.
MA Admission Eligibility Criteria
- After finishing their graduation in any discipline, the students are eligible for further admission in the MA course. The entries are both entrance-based and merit-based.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree from an approved institution.
- The MA course-related entrance exams are TISSNET, VEE, JNUEE, IPU CET, AUCET, BHU PET, DUET, PUCET, CUET, etc.
- The cut-off mark required is 50%, and most universities provide a 5% relaxation to students in the reserved category(SC/ST).
MA Fee Structure
Tuition fee in the stream of MA varies from INR 5000 to INR 50000. This fee can be ranging depending on different colleges and universities in India.
|MA History||4,990 INR|
|MA Hindi||5,140 INR|
|MA Sanskrit||4,990 INR|
|MA Pol Science||4,990 INR|
Type of MA Course
Students at the institution have the option of enrolling in a MA program in a regular mode or in a distance mode. Every student can apply to the university that offers their course in the medium that suits them best.
MA Regular Course
MA admission in the regular mode means that the students will get to attend regal mode classes regularly on the institution campus. They will get to appear in classes and study with the help of lectures provided by teachers or professors. There are multiple institutions that provide MA admission in the regular mode like DU, Ahmedabad University, Christ University, etc.
Distance MA Course
Numerous institutions offer MA admission in the distance or DDE mode in order to teach students who can’t continue their studies in the regular setting. With MA admission DDE, students can complete their education without attending classes like they would in the regular mode.
In the MA DDE, students are provided with notes for their from the institution that the students can study at their place and at the timetable that they opt for. Some of the institutions that provide MA distance education are DU SOL, IGNOU, Chandigarh University, etc.
Online MA Course
Online Master of Arts or MA courses are offered at multiple institutes at an affordable fee. At this time, many specializations or disciplines are available in MA courses in online mode. It is one of the latest modes to pursue education, as the curriculum and study material are available online.
MA Admission: Entrance Exam
Top Indian Universities offering MA courses, enroll students based on marks from qualifying examinations. The qualifying examinations are conducted at the institute, national, and state levels. Some of the entrance examinations include TISSNET, PU CET, TUEE, AUCET, JNUEE, IPU CET, CUET, MGU CAT, ITM NEST, and GPGET, to name a few.
Scope & Future: What after MA Admission?
- After successfully completing the MA course, students can appear for various exams that are conducted for numerous government jobs.
- Some of the career opportunities after an MA are Content writer, Political Analyst, Research & Development Manager, Candidate work as a Public Administrator, and Consultant.
Any MA graduate can earn 02 lakh to 04 lakh per year (depending upon the subjects). A Master of Arts is most suitable for those students who want to make their career in non-science fields.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: How can I apply for MA at Delhi University?
Answer: Yes, Students who completed their BA or any relevant degree can apply for MA at Delhi University. Their official website is du.ac.in
Question 2: Is MA available in Distance Education mode?
Answer: Yes, a Master of Arts (MA) is available in many specializations in distance education mode.
Question 3: How long does it take to finish your master’s degree through IGNOU?
Answer: 2 years
Be the first to leave a review.