MA Geography Distance Education Admission 2021-22: MA Geography is a post-graduate degree program that can be completed in two years by average students, but the maximum time granted by the university for completion of the degree is five years. Candidates can apply for admissions in MA Geo in IGNOU through the online mode of registration only. The candidates are admitted to the university based on their marks in BA degree passing final exams. The admission is opened twice a year for all candidates. At the start and mid of the year, the candidates are admitted to the university.
MA Geography is a Master of the art course in the Geography field. It is a two-year full-time post-graduate Distance Education program, and UGC approved this course. Universities and colleges that provide admission for MA Geography courses based on Entrance Exams and Merit-Based. Candidates should have passed graduation with 50% marks or above for MA Geography course admission. Students can complete an MA Geography distance education course in regular and distance mode. After completing the MA Geography course, students can get better career opportunities.
- The University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya, offers admission to the MA Geography program. Students looking to opt for this course can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
- PDM University, Haryana, invites application forms for admission to the MA Geography course. Interested students can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
MA Geography Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MA Geography Distance Education|
|Duration||1 to 2 year|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Fee Structure||INR 10000 – INR 25000 / Year|
MA Geography Distance Education Admission 2021-22
MA Geography is a two years master’s degree program in which candidates will learn about earth sciences. As we know that the mode of study is online, so the instructors will provide you with all the study material online. The university will take a short entry test to select the students for admission. Keep in mind that the selection will be according to the merit or entry test.
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
MA Geography Distance Education is a 2- year post-graduate program. Admission is predicated either on the entrance examination conducted by the involved university or the total score secured within the graduation and its conformity with a selected vary of cut-off list. Some institutes could conduct a spherical of private Interviews for screening the candidates. Many of them additionally offer direct admission considering the score obtained in graduation or the qualifying examination.
- In these programs, there are various types of specializations for UG and PG degree courses. Students who are interested in Geography subjects will make a better career in these departments. In these programs, Private and Government fields are required for jobs. Universities offer these programs for students to pass any stream with any recognition.
- The candidate has many Employment areas such as Agricultural Research, GIS and Remote Sensing, Colleges/Universities, Environment Protection Agencies, Gas Exploration Companies, Government Research Institutes, Mining Industry, NGOs, Oil Drilling Companies, Solid Waste Disposal.
- The top working domains in the Geography field are Agricultural Research Organizations, Academic Institutions, NGOs, the Public & Private Sector, Resource Development Industry, Research Organization, Forest Services, etc. The geographers appointed in this domain earn a salary ranging from INR 03 lacs to 08 lacs per year. MA Geography is a specialized full-time PG-level course offered in regular classes.
- Geography is a fascinating subject to learn in graduation and post-graduation degrees; in this course, students can learn about the earth and its changes, part of the earth, and what will happen after the days.
- The study of Geography includes analyzing materials, organisms, structures, and processes of the world. Online and offline methods are both available for MA Geography Distance Education; If students are interested in getting admission to the course, they need to know regarding admission and eligibility criteria.
- To apply for the admissions in MA Geo, the pupil must have done BA geo from any registered university in the country. The candidate must have obtained 50% marks in the BA Geo annual exams.
- The required eligibility is BA (Hons) in Geography from an accepted institute with a good percentage.
- MA geography is offered through the PU CET PG, BHU PET, DUET, JNUEE, JMI Entrance Exam,
- The MA Geography degree tuition fee ranges between INR 2000 to INR 01 lac per year.
- The career options in this field are a Geographer, Professor, Agricultural Specialist, Teacher, Cartographer, Forest Manager, Demographer, and many others.
Benefits of Distance Education in MA Geography
- Time flexibility: Th students can work in other institutes without affecting their studies. This course allows the candidates to study at their time when they are free from the current schedule.
- Low cost: The low fee of the distance MA makes it easy for the candidates instead of the regular MA. The student purchases this course from INR 20,000 to INR 30,000.
- Earn while you learn: This course prepares the students for study and work at the same time. After completing this course, the students can touch the high salary graph at a different level.
- Online classes: All lectures are pre-recorded, so the students access them anytime and anywhere. All information about course-related is provided to students online.
Fee Structure of MA Geography Distance Education
There is no exact fee, but the approximate cost will be (INR 10000 – INR 25000). May change it according to the university guideline. The typical tuition fee for the course ranges from INR 2 K to 50 K.
MA Geography Distance Education IGNOU
IGNOU offered MA Geography in distance education courses. Currently, IGNOU is accepting new applications for UG, PG courses, Last date to enroll is 22 November 2021. The Average fee of the program is Rs 7,000 to Rs 10,000 per year. The minimum duration is two years.
Job Areas in MA Geography
- Remote Sensing
- Forest Administrator
- Area Specialist
- Energy Analyst
- Conservation Education Coordinator
- Air Quality Analyst
- Agricultural Consultant
- Land Use Planner
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Town Planning
- Post Secondary Teachers
- Air Pollution Specialist
Top Universities & Fees
|Maharishi Markandeshwar, Mullana||3 years||80245|
|Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Ambala||3 years||80490|
|Manav Rachna International Institute of Research & Studies||3 years||84410|
|Manav Rachna University||3 years||84165|
|M.V.N. University||3 years||26350|
|National Brain Research Centre||3 years||83920|
|National Dairy Research Institute||3 years||83675|
|Ahmedabad University||3 years||84900|
|T.M. University||3 years||26375|
MA Online Courses With Eligibility & Fees
|MA (Hindi)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 10000 – INR 24000 / Year|
|MA (History)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 9700– INR 23000 / Year|
|MA (English)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 10200 – INR 21500 / Year|
|MA (Journalism & Mass Communication)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 9000 – INR 22000 / Year|
|MA (Human Rights)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 10000 – INR 21000 / Year|
|MA (Music)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 10800 – INR 22000 / Year|
|MA (Philosophy)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 9000 – INR 21500 / Year|
|MA Home Science||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 10000 – INR 22500 / Year|
|MA (Public Administration)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 9800 – INR 23000 / Year|
|MA Education||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 9700 – INR 21000 / Year|
|MA (NGO Management)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 10000 – INR 22000 / Year|
|MA (Geology)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 11000 – INR 23000 / Year|
|MA (Human Development)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 12000 – INR 20000 / Year|
|MA (Environmental Sciences)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 9000 – INR 22000 / Year|
|MA (Criminal Justice)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 10200 – INR 23000 / Year|
|MA (Fine Arts)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 11000 – INR 24000 / Year|
|MA (Fashion Design)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 10800 – INR 23000 / Year|
|MA(Civil Services)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 11000 – INR 24000 / Year|
|MA (Advertising & Public Relations)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 10000 – INR 25000 / Year|
|MA (Operations Research)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 9500 – INR 24000 / Year|
|MA (Mathematics)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 9700 – INR 23000 / Year|
|MA (Public Relations)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 10000 – INR 24000 / Year|
|MA (Rural Development)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 9500 – INR 25000 / Year|
|MA (Social Work)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 11000 – INR 24000 / Year|
|MA (Sociology)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 11200 – INR 23500 / Year|
|MA (Tourism Management)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 10000 – INR 24000 / Year|
|MA (Visual Arts)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 11000 – INR 24000 / Year|
|MA (Yoga and Naturopathy)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 10000 – INR 23000 / Year|
|MA (Food Nutrition)||Graduation||1 to 2 Year||INR 9000 – INR 25000 / Year|
MA Geography Distance Education Syllabus
|Subjects of Study||Geo-hydrology and Oceanography|
|Climatology and Soil Geography||Historical and Political Geography|
|Nature of Geography||Geographical Thought|
|Economic Geography||Cartographic Techniques and Map Projection|
|Quantitative Techniques and Digital Data Processing||Thematic Mapping and Geographical Information System|
|Soil – Water Analysis, Surveying and Field Report|
|Social, Cultural and Settlement Geography||Resource Planning and Development|
|Population and Human Development||Regional Planning and Development|
|Regions and Regional Entity of India and West Bengal||Land-use Planning and Rural Development|
|Special Paper (A, B, C, D) (Theory)||Special Paper (A, B, C, D) (Theory)|
|Applied Statistical Techniques in Geography||Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System|
|Special Paper (A, B, C, D) (Practical)||Term Paper (On Respective Special Papers)|
|304 A – Advanced Geo-morphology|
|304 B – Penology|
|304 C – Environmental Issues in Geography|
|304 D – Urban Geography|
Top Universities For MA Geography Distance Education
- Subharti University
- Annamalai University
- Kalinga University
- Jaipur National University
- NIMS University
- Himalayan University
- Periyar University
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques: Is this MA Geography valid for the government or private Sectors?
Ans: Yes, MA Geography Distance Education degree acceptable in all sectors.
Ques: Is MA Geography Distance Education valid abroad?
Ans: Yes, MA Geography Distance Education is valid abroad.
Ques: Can students pay a fee in instalments?
Ans: Yes, instalment payment is available for students.
Ques: What will be the examination mode?
Ans: University will decide the mode of examination.
Be the first to leave a review.