MA Statistics Admission 2021-22: The MA Statistics is a PG course in the Arts stream. The duration of this program is 02 years. The objective of the program is to create professionals of statistics. The professionals of MA Statistics can get jobs in various sectors like; Statistical Research, Educational Institutes, Consulting Firms, Indian Civil Services, and Insurance, etc. Many universities and colleges offer MA Statistics courses program.
The statistics course teaches students about data collection science, data analysis, interpretation, and representation of categorical and numerical data.
MA Statistics Highlights
|Course Name||MA Statistics|
|Full-Form of MA Statistics||Master of Arts in Statistics|
|Course Fee||INR 2600 to INR 80K per year|
|Average salary||INR 04 to 06 Lac per annum|
MA Statistics Admission 2021-22
- The admissions in MA Statistics are granted through personal interviews, the merit of UG, and entrance exam.
- Masters of Arts in Statistics, or a 02-year degree program of PG Category is a full-time course.
- Statistics is the science of collecting, arranging, estimating, interpreting, and presenting the information obtained from the collected data.
- It is the science of conducting research and survey to reach a point where suitable reasons can be given as a result.
- MA statistics are designed for the students interested in getting the advanced-level studies of this specialization. The methods and techniques of statistics are applicable in almost all fields of study and for working in the government sector and business industries.
- This course aims to train students through Stochastic Process, Bio-statistics, Bayesian Inference, and Distribution theory.
- Statistics tools can also be used in agriculture to solve plant data-related problems.
- In India, most institutes offer mostly MSc Statistics; however, there are limited colleges that offer MA Statistics.
- One can get an entry for this course after having BS Statistics degree from a recognized academic institute.
- Few colleges conduct entrance exams named DUET, AMU Entrance Exam, ISI Admission Test, and BHU-PET.
The MA in Statistics can be done in average course fees of about INR 2600 to INR 80K per year.
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
- TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET)
- North Maharashtra University MA Entrance Exam
- Patna Women’s College BA / B.Sc Entrance Exam
Salary Packages іn Indіа
The salary offered to professionals of MA Statistics is ranging from INR 04 to 06 Lac per annum. One can become a Statistician, Data Analyst, Bio-statistician, Econometrician, Research Analyst, Assistant Professor, Lecturer, Data Interpreter, Risk Analyst, etc.
Statistical Research, Indian Civil Services, Educational Institutes, Data Survey Agencies, and Consulting Firms are some of the most notable and famed employment areas in this field.
Types of Cоurѕе
MA Statistics is a full-time course. It is divided into 04 semesters.
Numerous institutes are offering this course in DL/Part-time mode.
MA Statistics Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Probability Theory||Stochastic Processes|
|Statistical Methodology||Statistical Inference-I|
|Survey Sampling||Design of Experiments|
|Practical –I||Practical –II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Statistical Inference-II||Econometrics and Time Series Analysis|
|Generalized Linear Model||Statistical Quality Control and Reliability|
|Practical –III||Practical –IV|
|Elective Subjects to be selected in Semester III and Semester IV|
|Non- Parametric Inference||Financial Statistics|
|Applied Stochastic Processes||Order Statistics|
|Bayesian Inference||Advanced Survey Sampling Theory|
|Advanced theory of Experimental Designs||Advanced Statistical Computing and Data mining|
|Data Analysis Using R||Computational Techniques|
|Essentials of Survey Sampling and Experimental Designs||Actuarial Statistics|
|Inferential Techniques||Statistics for Research and Management Studies|
Suggested University for MA Statistics in India
|University Name||State||Type of University|
|Central University of Punjab Admission||Punjab||Central University|
|Chandigarh University Admission||Punjab||Private University|
|Chitkara University Admission||Punjab||Private University|
|CT University Admission||Punjab||Private University|
|D.A.V University Admission||Punjab||Private University|
Be the first to leave a review.