Madras University Admission 2021-22: The students should check their eligibility criteria and the process of Madras University Admission before applying. The applicants must have passed 12th for UG courses. For PG and diploma courses, the least required education is a bachelor’s in the relevant stream.
- 17 August 2021: The Last date for submitting the application form for admission to PG courses is 19 August 2021. For more details, click here.
Madras University Highlight
|Topic||Madras University Admission 2021|
|Established in||1857 as a State University|
|Approved by||UGC, LCA|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance/Merit Based|
|Offered Programs||Masters, certificates, M.Phil, PhD, & Diplomas|
|Application Mode | Fee||Online and Offline | INR 200|
|Fee submission||Challan/Demand Draft|
|Facilities Available||Library, Medical, Transport, Hostel, Scholarships|
|Email for firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Admission Help desk||2539 9422, 2539 9746|
Madras University Admission 2021-22
Madras University, also known as MU, is a state university located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It was established in 1857 and is considered one of the oldest universities in India. MU was built on the model of London Universities.
- The university has six campuses: Chepauk, Chetpet, Marina, Maduravoyal, Guindy, and Taramani.
- There are 87 departments in MU that are further divided into 19 groups.
- It offers more than 230 programs from several fields.
- It provides certificates and PG programs in the streams of Arts, science, business, humanities, medical, and social sciences.
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
The university offers Distance learning UG programs. The following are the eligibility criteria.
- BA (Hons): It is a distance learning program. The duration of this course is three years. Any student who has done HSC in Arts is eligible to apply for this program.
- B.Com: It is a three years distance learning program. Any candidate who has done HSC in commerce is eligible to apply.
- B.Sc: The Applicant must have completed HSC in science with at least 45% marks.
- BBA: The aspirants should have done HSC from any recognized board or council.
MU offers the following PG programs:
- MA: The Applicant who has a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field can apply for this program.
- M.Sc: The applicants should have a bachelor’s degree with a science stream.
- M.Tech: The applicants must have B.Tech, BE, civil Eng., or any other related degree with at least 55% marks.
- M.Com: B.Com from a recognized University with at least 55% marks.
- MBA: The Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree from any university and have a valid score in TANCET conducted by DTE Tamil Nadu.
- M Phil: The Applicant should have a master’s degree in the relevant stream with at least 55% marks. The teachers who are working in a university or the affiliated colleges are also eligible for part-time programs. They have to score at least 50% marks in the entrance exam.
- PhD: MU offers both full-time and part-time PhD programs. The student should have a master’s degree in the relevant field. Teachers and other employers in a permanent job can also apply for part-time PhD courses. MU will conduct an entrance exam for the PhD students. The least required marks in the entrance exam are 50%.
Madras University Application Form Process 2021
MU offers both online and offline form submission facilities to its students.
- Visit the application sales office of the campus.
- The form fee is INR 200 in cash.
- Pay a 100 fee if you are an SC/ST candidate. Please attach the attested photocopy of the community certificate with the form.
- You can also obtain a form from the ‘by post’ service.
- You must pay INR 250 by making DD in favor of the registrar of MU.
- Fill the detail, attach the documents, and post to the registrar office of MU.
- Go to the official website of the university.
- Select the “Online admission” tab.
- Provide a valid email and mobile number.
- Log in to the application form.
- Upload scanned copies of photos, your signature, and other documents.
- Make payment through credit card, debit card, on net banking.
- Submit the online form and take out the print for further references.
- Marksheet of 10th class
- Marksheet of 12th standard
- Passport size photograph
- Disability certificate (if any)
- Demand draft
- Date of birth proof
Q. I have done B can I apply for an MBA program?
Ans: Yes, you can apply. Kindly check the procedure first.
Q. I have done a BA in Sociology. Can I take admission in MSC psychology, or is it necessary to have a BSC sociology degree?
Ans: You can take admission in MSC sociology. The eligibility criteria for this program is 50% marks in bachelor’s degree with any stream.
Q. What is the duration of the BSc program?
Ans: The duration of the BSc program is three years. University offers this program as a distance learning program.
Address: Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-600005, India
Phone: 25399422, 25399746
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Official Website
If you want more information, please visit the official website of the university.
Be the first to leave a review.