MBA Admission 2023: Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a Master’s Degree Course that mainly focuses on management skills and opens up various career opportunities in the field of Management. It is a postgraduate course and the duration of the MBA program is 2 Years. To apply for MBA Admission, Students must be passed out with a minimum of 50% in their Bachelor’s Degree belonging to any stream such as Science, Commerce, Arts, Humanities, etc.
MBA Admission Latest Updates
- IILM Univeristy is inviting online application forms for the admission to MBA programe for the session 2023-24. The last date for admission is 31 March 2023. (Apply Here)
- IP University MBA registration is live for 2023-24, the last date to apply is 30 April 2023.
- Amity University is inviting online application forms for MBA Admission 2023. The last date to apply is 10 April 2023 at Noida Campus. (Source)
- The Sharda University MBA Admission 2023 applications are open and the last date to apply is 31 March 2023. (Tentative)
- MBA Admission at Panjab University is ongoing for session 2023; register till the deadline was 20 March 2023.
- The last date to submit the LPUNEST application for MBA Admission 2023 is 31 March 2023. Click here
- IGNOU MBA admission is ongoing for session 2023-24, candidates must fill out the application form before the last date 14 March 2023. Click here
- IP University admission is Ongoing for MBA Course for the academic session 2023-24. The last for applying for the registration form is 30 April 2023.
Generally, the average fees for MBA courses range from INR 2-30 Lakhs. However, it varies from college to college. The average Starting salary of a student is INR 7 Lakhs to INR 15 Lakhs per year.
Admissions to MBA Programmes are based on MBA Entrance Examinations such as CAT, MAT, NMAT, SNAP, ATMA, and XAT. The most popular colleges are IIM Rohtak, IIM Lucknow, IIM Jammu, and IIM Amritsar. MBA is a very popular course in India as well as abroad.
Why study MBA?
There are several benefits of studying MBA from a decent business school.
- A Master’s in Business Administration is a rewarding career option. The course helps to develop management skills.
- Top colleges for MBAs like IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, and IIM Ahmedabad provide students with average placement with a pay scale of a minimum of INR 5.45 lakh – INR 25 lakh per annum.
- Students will learn about marketing management, operations management, supply chain management, strategic management, and more that will help grow businesses.
How to get admission in MBA? Students can take admission to top universities after clearing CAT 2023. Universities accept admission based on the score of the entrance exam. Some universities conduct their own university entrance test for MBA Admission 2023. Apart from it, students can also be selected on merit list criteria and they do not require to appear in an entrance test.
MBA Admission Overview
|MBA Full form||Master of Business Administration|
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|MBA Duration||2 Years|
|MBA Eligibility||MBA requires a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with an aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ST/PwD)|
|Average Fees||INR 2-30 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 7 Lakhs to INR 12 Lakhs per year|
|Admission Process||Merit/ Entrance Exam|
|MBA Entrance Exams||CAT|
|Top MBA Colleges||IIM Ahmedabad|
|MBA Specializations||General Management.|
What is MBA?
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is one of the most popular courses in the world. It provides an abundance of career opportunities for students from different educational backgrounds. There are more than 25 specializations offered in MBA, which are planned to keep the previous background and the domain of the aspirants.
It covers Marketing, Accounting, and Management, which helps build skills such as Management, Business, Leadership, and Decision-Making. Adding to this, it facilitates students to get job opportunities at various institutions related to the government as well as private sectors with a good salary package.
Common subjects in MBA include Marketing Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Strategic Management, and many more. The MBA program is the best option for students pursuing a career in Management and Business.
MBA Admission 2023-24
Admission 2023 for the MBA program has been started by several universities. Interested students can apply by visiting the official website of their favorite university. The duration for pursuing an MBA course is 2 years and can be completed in the maximum time duration of 4 years. Admission to MBA courses is generally provided by institutions based on various entrance tests like the CAT/MAT/OPENMAT/XAT, etc.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) admission procedure has been released for the academic year 2023 at NMIMS. The last date for submitting the application is 31 March 2023 (tentatively). The registration/admission procedure will be done online mode. There will be no entrance exam required for admission to MBA at NMIMS.
The process of filling out the application form will be done online. The learners are advised to fill out the application form before ahead of time.
How to get admission in IIM for MBA? IIM is a reputed and well-known institute in India for its management courses. Many students want to pursue MBA course from IIM. The institute accepts admission to MBA programme through the entrance exam named CAT. Every year CAT is conducted in several cities of India. To get admission to MBA programme at IIM, Students must clear CAT.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Admission
The eligibility criteria required for MBA Admissions differ from college to college. Therefore, it is advised that candidates should ensure the basic requirements regarding the eligibility criteria. Some basic eligibility criteria have been mentioned below:
- Candidates must be graduated from any discipline (B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ BBA/ BCA/ B.Sc/B.Com/BBA/BCA/B.Tech, etc.)
- The minimum percentage should be 50% (varies from individual Universities/Institutes).
- Relaxation of 5% for reserved categories (such as SC/ST/OBC)
- Students who are in their final graduation year are eligible to apply. But, they have to ensure that all the required graduation documents are ready in a given time period.
- Candidates must have cleared the MBA entrance exams such as CAT, MAT, GMAT, NMAT, XAT, etc.
MBA Admission 2023 Last Date
Admission to MBA programs has started at many universities. Students can visit the official website of the university for information on the admission schedule. 31 March 2023 is the last date to apply for LPUNEST for MBA admission 2023 at LPU. Admission can be done through the online portal provided by the university.
Top Universities in India for MBA Admission
There are a plethora of advantages to completing an MBA course in India. If you can complete the course at a well-known business school, you will find a better job. There are more than 3700 colleges in India that offers MBA courses in different specializations. Among these, there are more than 3000 private colleges and over 500 government colleges.
Subharti University MBA Admission
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a 2 years professional program offered by Subharti University. It can be joined by those who have done Graduation and have scored 45% marks from a reputed university. The university considers entrance test scores to shortlist the students for MBA Admission 2023. An entrance exam entitled “Subharti National Eligibility Test (SNET)” is taken to shortlist the students for the MBA course.
At Subharti University, students can fill out the application form online. The application fee for the form will be Rs.1,100/-. In order to participate in the admission, one should reach out to the official site of the university.
Amity University MBA Admission
At Amity University, one of the most popular programs is the Master of Business Administration (MBA). To seek admission into this course, one needs to fulfill the prescribed admission criteria for MBA. Those who have secured 60% marks in their UG degree shall be eligible to apply for Amity University MBA Admission 2023. The last date to apply for Amity University MBA Admission for Noida Campus is 10 April 2023.
For the application form, one should make the payment of Rs.1,100 online mode. Coming to the MBA Admission process, one has to take an online video test using the link provided at Admission Microsite. To carry out all these activities, students must reach out to the website of Amity University.
CCS University MBA Admission
Chaudhary Charan Singh University offers MBA Admission for the 2023 session. Students have to be updated through the official website. UPCET (Uttar Pradesh Combined Entrance Test) is required to enroll in CCS university MBA Admission 2023. Students also have to graduate through a recognized university.
The university is offering Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme for the academic year 2023-24. The duration of the course is 2 years. To be eligible for the admission to MBA course at CCS University students should have completed their graduation from any UGC-approved university with a minimum of 50 percent marks. There are only 120 seats for MBA Admission. The fee for the courses is Rs. 58,500. The university is offering the courses in regular mode only.
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) MBA Admission 2023
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) is one of the best colleges in India for MBA Admission. FMS College is affiliated with Delhi University and it was established in 1954. It is a government college so its fee is very affordable for students who want to pursue MBA from FMS.
The fee for MBA and EMBA is 1.92 lakhs for 2 years. This college takes admission based on CAT (Common Admission Test) marks. The date of FMS MBA Admission will be starting soon for 2023-2025.
IGNOU MBA Admission 2023
IGNOU provides MBA programs to students in both online and distance modes. To apply for this course, one needs to fill out an online application form. Admission to all the courses is mainly conducted in 2 cycles for January and July Sessions. For IGNOU MBA Admission, students need to have earned a Graduation with 50% marks (or above) from a valued university. However, the reserved entrants can apply with 45% marks.
The last date to apply for MBA Admission 2023 at IGNOU was 14 March 2023. Students must fill out the form on or before the last date. MBA from IGNOU can be completed in a minimum duration of 2 years and the maximum duration to complete the course is 4 Years.
The total fee to complete the MBA from IGNOU is Rs. 62,000. Students have to pay Rs. 15,500 per semester. There are 4 semesters to complete the course at IGNOU. IGNOU MBA provides 28 specializations.
DTU MBA Admission 2023
Delhi Technical University (DTU) offers MBA admission under the Delhi School of Management (DSM). The duration to complete the MBA program is 2 years and a total capacity of 40 seats is available at the campus. To be eligible for admission to the MBA course, one should have a UG degree with 60 percent marks from any UGC-approved university. The selection will depend on the score of the entrance exam like CAT/MAT/CMAT.
Madras University MBA Admission
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is being offered by Madras University. Eligible candidates will be invited for the admission to MBA programme. Students have to pass the entrance exam named TANCET for admission. The total fee for the MBA coures is varying from Rs. 6,400 to Rs. 2 L. Students must have a UG degree to be eligible for admission at Madras University.
Sharda University MBA Admission 2023-24
The Master of Business Administration programme is being offered by Sharda University. The Admission process has started and the last date will be declared soon. Students can apply through the online portal of the university @admissions.sharda.ac.in/mba. Sharda University MBA Admission 2023 is ongoing and the last date to apply is 31 March 2023. (Tentative) There is a number of MBA specializations available for students.
- Executive MBA
- MBA Banking & Finance
- MBA Dual Specialization
- MBA Business Analytics
- MBA Entrepreneurship & Family Business
- MBA Marketing Management
- MBA International Business
- MBA Supply Chain Management & Logistics
- MBA Health Care & Hospital Administration
- MBA Human Resources Management
Entrance Examinations for MBA Admission
The Entrance Examinations are conducted at the National and State levels for MBA Admission 2023. Adding to this, some colleges prefer to conduct their entrance examination individually. Various Management Entrance Examination is CAT, MAT, NMAT, ATMA, CMAT, XAT, SNAP, and IIFT.
|AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA)||MAH MBA / MMS CET|
|AMU MBA Entrance Exam||NMIMS Management Admission Test (NMAT)|
|AIMA Management Aptitude Test (MAT)||Punjab MET|
|Bocconi Entrance Test (BET)||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP Test)|
|BRAOU MBA Entrance Exam||SAET|
|Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)||SRM Joint Entrance Examination Management (SRMJEEM)|
|Common Admission Test (CAT)||TANCET|
|GSIB Entrance Test (GET)||UPES Management Entrance Test (MET)|
|Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)||Uttrakhand Open University MBA Entrance Test|
|Hyderabad Business School (HBSAT)||VMOU MBA Entrance Test|
|IBS Aptitude Test (IBSAT)||WBUT Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT)|
|IGNOU OPEN MAT||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|IIFT MBA (IB) Entrance Exam||AIMA UGAT|
|IRMA||Mumbai University Common Management Entrance Test (MUCMET)|
|KIITEE Management Entrance Examination||Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)|
|Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT)||Research Management Aptitude Test (RMAT)|
The most popular MBA Entrance Examinations have been discussed below:
Common Admission Test (CAT)
- CAT is a national-level MBA Entrance Examination conducted by various IIMs annually. Various MBA Colleges select students based on marks scored in CAT.
- Eligibility: Candidates who have Bachelor’s Degrees or students who are pursuing the Final Year from UGC/MHRD/AICTE recognized universities are eligible to apply. Minimum marks for General Category are 50% and 45% for the Reserved category.
- Exam Pattern: It consists of three sections – Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC).
Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- MAT is a national-level Entrance Examination conducted by AIMA. It is conducted 4 times a year in February, May, September, and December.
- Eligibility: Candidates in their Final Year or who completed their Graduation from a recognized University are eligible to apply for MBA Entrance Examination. However, the conducting body AIMA has not specified any minimum marks required to appear for the Examination as it would be the respective College’s decision.
- Exam Pattern: The question paper consists of 200 objective-type questions carrying 1 mark each.
Narsee Monjee Aptitude Test (NMAT)
- NMAT is a national-level Management Entrance Examination, and its conducting body is GMAC. At the registration time, candidates must choose five Colleges in which they wish to study MBA. Candidates can appear 3 times a year.
- Eligibility: Graduated or final-year students can apply. The minimum marks should not be less than 50 percent.
- Exam pattern: The exam pattern has been revised as earlier; it consists of 120 questions in the exam paper. But, it is reduced to 108 questions comprising 3 sections – Quantitative Skills, Logical Reasoning, and Language Skills.
Entrance Exam Syllabus for MBA Admission
MBA admissions are based on the evaluation of the overall aggregate or cut-off marks from entrance examinations. Most of the institutions in India provide admission based on marks from the entrance examination. The most common entrance examinations are CAT and CMAT.
The syllabus and pattern of the MBA Entrance examinations are similar. Below we discuss the full details of the examinations. The syllabus comprises different sections with different sub-sections into QA, DI, LR, & more. The selections are constructed to test the knowledge and skills of the applicants.
- Quantitative Ability: This section comprises various topics and subjects: Number systems, LCM and HCF, Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Surds and Indices, percentage, Inequalities, Interest(Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Permutation and Combinations, Probability, Speed, Time and Distance, Probability, Time and Work, Functions, Average, Set Theory, Quadratic Equations, Mixtures and Alligations, Linear Equations, Geometry, Ratio and Proportion, Coordinate Geometry, Complex Numbers, Trigonometry, Logarithm, and Mensurdia.
- Data Interpretation: Data is represented on tables, graphs, and charts. This section tests students on how to interpret the shown data and use it to answer questions. The section includes Tables, Column Graphs, Bar Graphs, Line Charts, Pie charts, and Venn diagrams. The graphs and charts can be combined or linked together to represent data.
- Logical Reasoning: This section contains questions from charts and graphs. It tests the students’ logical and critical reasoning. The section has data on Venn diagrams, line charts, column graphs, Pie charts, bar graphs, and tablets.
- Verbal Ability: In this section, the questions are vocabulary-based (antonyms and synonyms), sentence correction, jumbled paragraphs, and close passages. The type of questions in this section are based on the following: Facts, judgments or interferences, fill in the blanks, Grammar or English Usage, Reverse Analogies or Analogies, Meaning- Usage match, Verbal Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension.
- Vocabulary: CAT examination questions in this section consist of vocabulary questions. In this section, students are tested if they know the meanings of words, usage, idioms, secondary shades of meaning, phrases, related words, and antonyms.
MBA Admission 2023 without Entrance Exam
In India, a large number of colleges are providing MBA Admission without an Entrance Exam. The colleges are filling their vacant seats via direct admission to students. Most private colleges offer direct admission with a very simple procedure.
Students with a graduation degree from a UGC-approved University are eligible to apply. Some colleges also ask for minimum UG degree percentage criteria which vary from 50% to 60%. A degree holder can apply online/offline according to college instructions.
Steps required for the MBA Admission Process 2023
The MBA admissions process for almost all MBA programs across India is made by screening applicants based on the entrance test and then group discussions and personal interviews. We will look at the various stages involved with this MBA application process.
- Phase 1: MBA test for admission that’s administered at a national, university, or state level.
- Phase 2: Candidates are selected by the scores scored during the entrance examination and academic profile and work experience.
- Phase 3: Participation in WAT/GD/PI, as well as various other tests for assessing personality.
- Phase 4: The last selection of MBA admission 2023 is made by taking into account the performance during the three steps.
Types of MBA Courses
There are three types of MBAs, having different admission processes, duration, and fees. These details have been discussed in the following sections:
- Full-Time MBA: This program is a 2 Years full-time program. The admission process is based on Entrance as well as Merit based. Candidates who have work Experience are eligible to apply for MBA. Regarding the colleges, various IIT Colleges are offering MBA programs. The average fee is Rs. 8 lakhs to Rs. 22 Lakhs.
- Part-Time MBA: This program, also known as Executive MBA, is a 1-Year program. It allows working professionals to study without skipping their work schedules. The average fee ranges from Rs. 8 lakhs to 22 Lakhs.
- Executive MBA (EMBA): This type of MBA course is specially reserved for executives and managers, allowing them to get an MBA degree. The benefit of this type is that candidates can manage their full-time jobs. These students, in general, have work experience of 10 years or more.
- Online MBA: The duration of an online MBA is the same as a full-time MBA, which is 2 Years. Classes happen regularly but in an online mode. This course is open to Working Professionals having at least 3 Years of experience. The advantage of pursuing an Online MBA is that it saves time, and classes can be attended from anywhere. The average fee is Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 500,000
- Distance MBA: Some colleges offer distance learning to students who want to pursue their career in MBA. In Distance MBA, Classes happen on the weekends. Based on the marks obtained in the common Management Entrances, such as CAT, MAT, and ATMA. Adding to this, one can apply from IGNOU, but they have to pass OPENMAT Entrance Test. There are various MBA specializations available for distance learning. Such specialization subjects are MBA Finance, MBA Marketing, MBA Human Resource Management, and MBA International Business. The fee ranges from Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 2,00,000/-.
In most cases, the Institution determines the specialization subjects, but candidates can also choose their own subjects. There are MBA institutes where students can become familiar with general subjects, and then select the specialization subjects as per their preferences. Students may have the option of choosing either Core subjects or General electives.
MBA Admission Syllabus
There are 4 semesters in MBA and the syllabus is divided semester-wise. Students are exposed to various theories and core subjects from Semester 1 to Semester 3. The final semester deals with Internship Projects.
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III||Semester IV|
|Finance for Non-Finance||Costing Products and Services||Management of Design||Capstone Simulation|
|Joy of Management||Synthesizing and Analyzing Data using R||Business Model and Intellectual Property||Ethics and Indian Ethos|
|Micro-Economics||Human Resource Management||Leveraging IT for Business||Integrated Decisions Making|
|Business Statistics||Managing Operations and Supply Chain||Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility||Leadership Development|
|Marketing and Consumer Behaviour||Indian Banking and Financial Markets||Analyzing and Mitigating Risk||Applied Business Research Project|
|Excel Spreadsheet Modelling||Indian Economy in the Global Context||Applied Business Research|
|Organizational Behaviour||Managing Stakeholders and Legal Processes||Problem-Solving and Consulting Skills|
|Marketing of Products and Services||Managing Financial Resources|
|Financial Reporting and Analysis||Bringing Ideas to Market|
|Business Research Methodology||Strategic Management|
|Operation Research||Project Management|
|Macro Economics & Policy||Data Science Using R and Python|
|Business Communication & Presentation Skills|
List of MBA Colleges with Fee
In India, it is found that there are 6500 MBA Colleges present in the cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, etc. Every year, 3 lakh students get admission to these MBA Colleges.
Some of the colleges offering Full Time, Part Time, Online, and Distance MBA Courses, along with their respective fees, have been listed in the table given below:
|Colleges||Approx Fees (INR)|
|Full-Time MBA Colleges|
|IIM Ahmedabad||20 Lakhs|
|XLRI Jamshedpur||20.80 Lakhs|
|Symbiosis University||17.06 Lakhs|
|Indian Institute of Foreign Trade||16.25 Lakhs|
|IIM Bangalore||23 Lakhs|
|Woxsen School of Business||17.5 Lakhs|
|Part-Time MBA Colleges|
|International Management Institute||1200000|
|IIFT New Delhi||510000|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||50000|
|FMS, Delhi University||48000|
|FORE school of management||1200000|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management||570000|
|SIIM New Delhi||162500|
|ISBM New Delhi||759000|
|Delhi Technical University||232000|
|Online MBA Colleges|
|IIM Ahmedabad||20 Lakhs|
|IIM Kozhikode||12 Lakhs|
|IIM Shillong||10 Lakhs|
|IIM Rohtak||7.15 Lakhs|
|IIM Raipur||10 Lakhs|
|Distance MBA Colleges|
Career Opportunities for MBA Admission
After completing an MBA Degree, one can get excellent career and job opportunities with a high paid salary which is the most robust reason behind pursuing an MBA. The job roles and their expected salaries have been given below:
|Job Role||Approx Salary|
|Senior Sales Executive||INR 2.8 LPA|
|Operations Manager||INR 12.5 LPA|
|Human Resource Generalist||INR 3.4 LPA|
|Business Development Management||INR 14.4 LPA|
|Human Resources Manager||INR 6.32 LPA|
|Business Analyst (IT)||INR 5.27 LPA|
|Management Consultant||INR 11.28 LPA|
|Financial Analyst||INR 4.14 LPA|
|Area Sales Manager||INR 6 LPA|
|Account Manager||INR 5.86 LPA|
|Regional Sales Manager||INR 11.4 LPA|
|Management Consultant||INR 11.28 LPA|
Top Recruiting Companies for MBA Admission
Various companies offer employment opportunities to MBA Graduates as it is in high demand. Students who want to be placed at reputed companies with good salary packages can check out the following colleges listed below:
|NTPC||Larsen and Toubro||Amazon|
Scope After MBA Degree
An MBA (Master of Business Administration) degree focuses on team leadership and management. MBA students get a variety of management jobs after completing the program. There are various job roles, such as Finance Manager, Marketing Manager, Human Resources Manager, and Product Manager. Starting salaries for MBA degree holders range from 4 to 15 LPA.
MBA Admission FAQs
Questions: What is the difference between MBA and PGDM?
Answer: The primary distinction between MBA and PGDM is that MBA is a degree program only offered by colleges that are affiliated with universities. At the same time, PGDM can be a certificate program provided by independent institutions.
Questions: What is the eligibility for pursuing an MBA?
Answer: To take the MBA, candidates must possess an undergraduate or equivalent degree from any area, with at least 50% marks at graduation. Admission is given based on an exam for entrance.
Questions: What are the different tests used to get into an MBA?
Answer: For PGDM or MBA admission 2023, there are national-level entrance exams, university-level, state-level, or institutions-based MBA exams for admission offered.
Questions: What is the minimum score or percentile needed in CAT for admission to IIMs?
Answer: It’s based on the applicant’s profile. As per the previous year’s trends, the minimum percentile range for getting a GD/PI calls to IIMs will be 95+ percentile
Questions: What is the final procedure for determining MBA admission following the successful completion of the entrance test written?
Answer: Candidates are shortlisted according to the marks scored during the entrance test, as per the cutoff determined by the institution. The next step is to conduct a group discussion and personal interview. Following this, the applicants are shortlisted depending on their academic profile and weightage.
Be the first to leave a review.