MBA Admission 2022-23: Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a two-year post-graduate degree programme available in various specializations around the globe. India’s most prestigious MBA schools offer MBA admissions through an entrance exam at the national level. Students can take the MBA in various ways, including regular online, distance, or regular education.
- There is an open admission process for MBA programs at the IIMs and XLRI Jamshedpur in 2022. Leading universities administer tests to determine MBA admission. Candidates seeking admission to the MBA program in the academic year 2022-2024 should take a national, state, or university-level entrance exam, such as CAT, XAT, etc.
- MAT and ATMA registration has opened. IIMs have begun shortlisting candidates for CAT 2022. Prior to being considered for MBA Admission 2022, candidates must pass WAT/PI in various colleges.
- MBA programs are two-year postgraduate courses in business and management. Universities hold entrance exams followed by group discussions, workshops, and personal interviews for MBA admissions. IMT Ghaziabad and ICFAI Telangana have both opened admissions for their MBA programs in 2022. Exam dates, admission process, and more are important for MBA applications in 2022. These are for those wishing to study an MBA or PGDM at one of India’s top IIMs or Top MBA Colleges.
Specific colleges have a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) comparable to an MBA. The primary distinction between MBA and PGDM is that MBA is a degree program offered only by colleges affiliated with universities. At the same time, PGDM is a diploma programme provided by independent institutes.
Why study MBA?
There are several benefits of studying MBA from a decent business school.
- Master in Business Administration is a rewarding career option. The course helps to develop management skills.
- Top colleges for MBA like IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, and IIM Ahmedabad provide students with average placement with a pay scale of minimum INR 5.45 lakh – INR 25 lakh per annum.
- Students will learn about marketing management, operations management, supply chain management, strategic management, and more that will help grow business.
MBA Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Business Administration|
|Total Semester||4 Semesters|
|Specialization||Finance, Human Resource, Marketing, International Business, Supply Chain Management, Foreign Trade|
|Fees||INR 15LPA to 27 LPA|
|Entrance Exam||CAT, MAT, IBSAT, XAT|
What is MBA?
Business Administration Master’s Degree (MBA). It is a graduate programme. An MBA lasts two years and is broken into four semesters. Students can pursue an MBA at reputable universities such as IIMs or via online learning, depending on their preferences. Technical, leadership, and managerial abilities are taught in this programme.
Banking, HR Management, Foreign Trade, Finance, Marketing, Telecom, Branding, Advertising, and Sports are all MBA employment sectors. Apple, Deloitte, Amazon, Accenture, and Bain & Company are among India’s top recruiters. Brand Manager, HR Manager, Account Manager, Risk Manager, and Project Manager are some of the well-known jobs in this industry. Microeconomics, Principles of Accounting, Financial Modeling, Marketing Research, Corporate Finance, and Business Intelligence are among the topics covered in the curriculum. In these industries, annual wages range from INR 8 to 28 lacs per year.
MBA Admission 2022
MBA Admission for the academic year 2022-23 is being started by multiple institutions. The duration for pursuing an MBA course is 2 years and can be completed in the maximum time duration of 4 years. Admission to MBA course is generally provided by the institutions based on various entrance tests like the CAT/MAT/OPENMAT/XAT, etc.
The process for MBA admission to Delhi University and IPU University is going on for the academic year 2022-23. Admission to both institutions will be conducted after the applicant’s score in the entrance exam. The last date for DU MBA admission is 15 May 2022 and for the IPU MBA admission, the last date is 30 April 2022.
MBA Admission: Eligibility Criteria
- MBA course is for the students who already have a graduation degree.
- A minimum of 60% aggregate is required in graduation under any recognized university.
- Students must sit for entrance exams to pursue MBA. CAT, GMAT, MAT, SNAP, NMAT, and XAT are standard exams.
- Students under OBC, SC/ST, can get a relaxation of 5% in some MBA colleges.
The full-time average fee for an MBA course fee- is INR 2.2 lakh to INR 15 lakh.
MBA Admission: Top Universities in India
There are a plethora of advantages of completing an MBA course in India. If you can complete the course at a well-known business school, you will land a better job. There are more than 3700 colleges in India that offers MBA courses in different specializations. Among these, there are more than 3000 private colleges and over 500 government colleges.
Subharti University MBA Admission
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a 2 years professional program offered by Subharti University. It can be joined by those who have done Graduation and have scored 45% marks from a reputed university. The university considers entrance test scores to shortlist the students for MBA Admission. An entrance exam entitled “Subharti National Eligibility Test (SNET)” is taken to shortlist the students for the MBA course. At Subharti University, students can fill out the application form online. The application fee for the form will be Rs.1,100/-. In order to participate in the admission, one should reach out to the official site of the university.
Amity University MBA Admission
At Amity University, one of the most popular programs is the Master of Business Administration (MBA). To seek admission into this course, one needs to fulfil the prescribed admission criteria for MBA. Those who have secured 60% marks in their UG degree shall be eligible to apply for Amity University MBA Admission. The last date to apply for MBA admission at Noida Campus is 30 April 2022. For the application form, one should make the payment of Rs.1,100 in an online mode. Coming to the MBA Admission process, one has to take an online video test using the link provided at Admission Microsite. To carry out all these activities, students must reach out to the website of Amity University.
IGNOU MBA Admission
IGNOU provides MBA programs to students in both online and distance mode. To apply for this course, one needs to fill out an online application form. Admission to all the courses is mainly conducted in 2 cycles for January and July Sessions. For IGNOU MBA Admission, students need to have earned Graduation with 50% marks (or above) from a valued university. However, the reserved entrants can apply with 45% marks.
Further, admittance to the MBA course is given through an OPENMAT Entrance Exam. Hence, the factor that decides the final entry to MBA is Entrance Exam scores.
MBA Admission 2022 Application Deadline: Key National Level Entrance Exams
Candidates can find below the schedule of exams for the most popular entrance exams at the national level and the date by which they can apply for admission into MBA colleges that accept their scores.
MBA Admissions 2022: Schedule for Top Universities
Candidates can look at the table, a selection of the most prestigious colleges, and their application deadlines and opening dates for MBA admissions 2022-24. The admissions schedule is provided about schools accepting the CAT 2022, XAT 2022 NMAT, SNAP 2022, and XAT 2022 by GMAC.
MBA Admission: List of Entrance Exams
- AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA)
- AMU MBA Entrance Exam
- APIIT NAT
- AIMA Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- Bocconi Entrance Test (BET)
- BRAOU MBA Entrance Exam
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- GSIB Entrance Test (GET)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Hyderabad Business School (HBSAT)
- IBS Aptitude Test (IBSAT)
- IGNOU OPENMAT
- IIFT MBA (IB) Entrance Exam
- KIITEE Management Entrance Examination
- Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT)
- MAH MBA / MMS CET
- NMIMS Management Admission Test (NMAT)
- Punjab MET
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP Test)
- SRM Joint Entrance Examination Management (SRMJEEM)
- UPES Management Entrance Test (MET)
- Uttrakhand Open University MBA Entrance Test
- VMOU MBA Entrance Test
- WBUT Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT)
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
- AIMA UGAT
- Mumbai University Common Management Entrance Test (MUCMET)
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- Research Management Aptitude Test (RMAT)
MBA Admission: Entrance Exam Syllabus
MBA admissions are based on the evaluation of the overall aggregate or cut-off marks from entrance examinations. Most of the institutions in India provide admission based on marks from the entrance examination. The most common entrance examinations are CAT and CMAT.
The syllabus and pattern of the MBA Entrance examinations are similar. Below we discuss the full details of the examinations. The syllabus comprises different sections with different sub-sections into QA, DI, LR, & more. The selections are constructed to test the knowledge and skills of the applicants.
- Quantitative Ability
This section comprises various topics and subjects: Number systems, LCM and HCF, Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Surds and Indices, percentage, Inequalities, Interest(Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Permutation and Combinations, Probability, Speed, Time and Distance, Probability, Time and Work, Functions, Average, Set Theory, Quadratic Equations, Mixtures and Alligations, Linear Equations, Geometry, Ratio and Proportion, Coordinate Geometry, Complex Numbers, Trigonometry, Logarithm, and Mensurdia.
- Data Interpretation
Data is represented on tables, graphs, and charts. This section tests students on how to interpret the shown data and use it to answer questions. The section includes Tables, Column Graphs, Bar Graphs, Line Charts, Pie charts, and Venn diagrams. The graphs and charts can be combined or linked together to represent data.
- Logical Reasoning
This section contains questions from charts and graphs. It tests the students’ logical and critical reasoning. The section has data on Venn diagrams, line charts, column graphs, Pie charts, bar graphs, and tablets.
- Verbal Ability
In this section, the questions are vocabulary-based (antonyms and synonyms), sentence correction, jumbled paragraphs, and close passages. The type of questions in this section are based on the following: Facts, judgments or interferences, fill in the blanks, Grammar or English Usage, Reverse Analogies or Analogies, Meaning- Usage match, Verbal Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension.
CAT examination questions in this section consist of vocabulary questions. In this section, students are tested if they know the meanings of words, usage, idioms, secondary shades of meaning, phrases, related words, and antonyms.
Steps required for the MBA Admission Process 2022
The MBA admissions process for almost all MBA programs across India is made by screening applicants based on the entrance test and then group discussions and personal interviews. We will look at the various stages involved with this MBA application process.
Phase 1: MBA test for admission that’s administered at a national, university, or state level.
Phase 2: Candidates are selected by the scores scored during the entrance examination and academic profile and work experience.
Phase 3: Participation in WAT/GD/PI, as well as various other tests for assessing personality.
Phase 4: The last selection of MBA admission is made by taking into account the performance during the three steps.
What are Job profiles for MBA aspirants?
Some specific job roles for MBA graduates are Project Manager, Business Development Executive/Manager, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Analytics Manager, System Manager, Data Processing Manager, and Business Analyst.
Types of MBA Pursued Mode
MBA Full-Time: This type is usual and most common. The students attend classes on regular working days, submit their assignments, and at the end of each semester, give exams. It is a full two-year study course.
- Advance MBA: Students who wish to complete their MBA course earlier than two years can go for an advanced MBA. All the coursework and examinations are compacted into one year. All this is managed by reducing the summer breaks and semester breaks. However, the cost of the Advance MBA course is less than the full-time MBA course.
- Part-Time MBA: This type of MBA course gives flexibility to the students, especially those who have taken up any job. The workload is also manageable.
- Evening Time MBA: It is also a full-time MBA type, but the classes are held in the evening time after the regular working hours. It is suitable for those individuals that are working in the morning time and can’t afford to leave their job. The Evening MBA course duration is also two years.
- Executive MBA (EMBA): This type of MBA course is specially reserved for executives and managers, allowing them to get an MBA degree. The benefit of this type is that candidates can manage their full-time jobs. These students, in general, have work experience of 10 years or more.
- Distance Learning MBA: In the distance learning mode, there are no physical classes. The students receive their syllabus and course books through postal mail. The lectures are provided via live online class, pre-recorded video, or email.
MBA Admission: Syllabus
- Finance for Non-Finance
- Joy of Management
- Business Statistics
- Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
- Excel Spreadsheet Modelling
- Organizational Behaviour
- Marketing of Products and Services
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Business Research Methodology
- Operation Research
- Macro Economics & Policy
- Business Communication & Presentation Skills
- Costing Products and Services
- Synthesizing and Analyzing Data using R
- Human Resource Management
- Managing Operations and Supply Chain
- Indian Banking and Financial Markets
- Indian Economy in the Global Context
- Managing Stakeholders and Legal Processes
- Managing Financial Resources
- Bringing Ideas to Market
- Strategic Management
- Project Management
- Data Science Using R and Python
- Management of Design
- Business Model and Intellectual Property
- Leveraging IT for Business
- Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility
- Analyzing and Mitigating Risk
- Applied Business Research
- Problem Solving and Consulting Skills
- Capstone Simulation
- Ethics and Indian Ethos
- Integrated Decisions Making
- Leadership Development
- Applied Business Research Project
List of MBA Colleges with Fee
|Name of College||Fees|
|Faculty of Management Studies – Delhi (FMS Delhi)||Rs 30,960/-|
|Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)||Rs 13,85,000/-|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Delhi (IIT Delhi)||Rs 4,00,000/-|
|International Management Institute (IMI)||Rs 13,50,000/-|
|Management Development Institute – Gurgaon (MDI Gurgaon)||Rs 14,91,000/|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management (LBSIM)||Rs 8,95,000/-|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH)||Rs 10,00,000/-|
|Institute of Management Technology – (IMT Ghaziabad)||Rs 14,10,000/-|
|JSS Academy of Technical Education – Noida||Rs. 3,35,698/-|
|Symbiosis Institute Of Business Management Pune||Rs 18,08,000/-|
|International School of Business & Media Pune||Rs 8,93,000/-|
|Balaji Institute of Management and Human Resource Development Pune||Rs 6,43,000/-|
|Balaji Institute Of Modern Management Pune||Rs. 8,10,000|
|National Institute of Bank Management Pune||Rs 13,05,000/-|
|ICFAI Business School Pune||Rs 8,31,000/-|
|National Insurance Academy Pune||Rs. 11,38,000/-|
|MITCON Institute of Management Pune||Rs. 5,04,000/-|
|Indira Institute of Management Pune||Rs. 6,80,000/-|
|Amity Global Business School Pune||Rs. 5,68,000/-|
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business – SIIB Pune||Rs. 13,56,000/-|
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences: SIHS Pune||Rs. 8,83,000/-|
|Symbiosis School of Banking And Finance, SSBF Pune||Rs. 11,58,000/-|
|Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences: SSS, Pune||Rs. 3,38,000/-|
|Indian School of Business (Hyderabad)||Rs. 33,50,000/-|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management Hyderabad||Rs. 13,48,000/-|
|Vishwani Institute of Systems and Management Hyderabad||Rs. 6,50,000/-|
|Amity Global Business School Hyderabad||Rs. 8,31,000/-|
|GITAM Hyderabad Business School||Rs. 8,30,000/-|
|Institute of Management Technology||Rs. 13,00,000/-|
|Institute of Public Enterprise (Hyderabad)||Rs. 8,00,000/-|
|ICFAI Business School Hyderabad||Rs. 13,50,000/-|
|Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management – VJIM Hyderabad||Rs. 8,50,000/-|
|National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (Hyderabad)||Rs. 4,05,000/-|
|WOXSEN School of Business Hyderabad||Rs. 18,30,000/-|
|ICBM-School of Business Excellence Hyderabad||Rs. 4,50,000/-|
|SP Jain Institute of Management & Research||Rs. 16,30,000/-|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering||Rs. 8,30,000/-|
|Shailesh J Mehta School of Management Mumbai||Rs. 13,00,000/-|
|SP Jain School of Global Management||Rs. 38,98,340/-|
|Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education||Rs. 1,44,000/-|
|SIES College of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai||Rs. 8,33,000/-|
|N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai||Rs. 8,88,000/-|
|IES Management College And Research Centre, Mumbai||Rs. 8,33,000/-|
|ITM Navi Mumbai: ITM Group of Institutions||Rs. 9,33,000/-|
|Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research||Rs. 6,60,000/-|
|Vivekanand Education Society Institute of Management Studies Research||Rs. 6,59,500/-|
|Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras||Rs. 6,90,000/-|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Chennai||Rs. 13,00,000/-|
|SSN School of Management Chennai||Rs. 5,30,000/-|
|Galaxy Institute of Management Chennai||Rs. 6,30,000/-|
|Rajalakshmi School of Business Chennai||Rs. 6,30,000/-|
|Amity Global Business School Chennai||Rs. 6,80,000/-|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration||Rs. 11,80,000/-|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management – GLIM||Rs. 18,84,000/-|
|SRM School of Management Chennai||Rs. 5,30,000/-|
|Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology||Rs. 3,80,000/-|
|Academy of Maritime Education and Training||Rs. 6,00,000/-|
|SRM Institute of Hotel Management (SRMIHM)||Rs. 3,00,000/-|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science||Rs. 4,35,000/-|
|Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute||Rs. 1,68,000/-|
|Indian Institute of Management Kolkata||Rs. 19,10,000/-|
|Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Kolkata||Rs. 15,83,000/-|
|International School of Business & Media Kolkata||Rs. 6,43,000/-|
|International Institute of Business Studies Kolkata||Rs. 4,10,000/-|
|Calcutta Business School, Kolkata||Rs. 6,88,000/-|
|Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management Kolkata||Rs. 6,10,000/-|
|International Management Institute Kolkata||Rs. 11,53,130/-|
|GBS Kolkata: Globsyn Business School, Kolkata||Rs. 8,50,000/-|
|Eminent College of Management and Technology, [ECMT] Kolkata||Rs. 1,54,000/-|
|(MSRIT) M.s. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Rs. 1,08,880/-|
|(CMRIT) CMR Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Rs. 80,000/-|
|(SJBIT) Sjb Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|(KJC) Kristu Jayanti College , Bangalore||Rs. 8,00,000/-|
|(BMSCE) Bms College of Engineering, Bangalore||Rs. 1,08,880/-|
|(BIT) Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Rs. 1,38,880/-|
|(RNSIT) R.n.s. Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Rs. 1,08,880/-|
|(DAIT) Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Rs. 1,60,000/-|
|(NMAMIT) Nmam Institute of Technology, Udupi||Rs. 1,43,310/-|
|(SIT) Sambhram Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Rs. 4,10,000/-|
|(GEMS) Gems B School, Bangalore||Rs. 4,40,000/-|
|(BCE) Brindavan College of Engineering, Bangalore||Rs. 4,05,585/-|
|KS Group of Institutions, Bangalore||Rs. 1,60,000/-|
State Wise Distance Education MBA Colleges in India
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions: What is the difference between MBA and PGDM?
Answer: The primary distinction in MBA or PGDM is that MBA is a degree program only offered by colleges that are affiliated with universities. At the same time, PGDM can be a certificate program provided by independent institutions.
Questions: What is the eligibility for pursuing an MBA?
Answer: Candidates must possess an undergraduate or equivalent degree from any area, with at least 50% marks at graduation to take the MBA. Admission is given based on an exam for entrance.
Questions: What are the different tests used to get into an MBA?
Answer: For PGDMor MBA admission There are national-level entrance exams, university-level, state-level, or institutions-based MBA exams for admission are offered.
Questions: What is the minimum score or percentile needed in CAT for admission to IIMs?
Answer: It’s based on the applicant’s profile. As per the previous year’s trends, the minimum percentile range for getting a GD/PI calls to IIMs will be 95+ percentile
Questions: What is the final procedure for determining MBA admission following the successful completion of the entrance test written?
Answer: Candidates are shortlisted according to the marks scored during the entrance test, as per the cutoff determined by the institution. The next step is to conduct a group discussion and personal interview. Following this, the applicants are shortlisted depending on their academic profile and weightage.
Be the first to leave a review.