MET 2021: MET is an entrance exam that guarantees entry to the Manipal Institute of Technology. Successful aspirants immediately begin to pursue a master’s of technology at the center. However, an aspirant must meet the laid down eligibility criteria. Also, an aspirant must apply for this online test way before the deadline and submit all the required documents.
MET 2021: Highlights Table
|Full Exam Name||MET (Manipal Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Body||Manipal University|
|Availability of Application Form||5 October 2019 to 15 March 2021|
|Date||3rd week of April 2021 (tentative)|
|Mode of Application||Online Mode|
|Examination Mode||Online (Computer Based Mode)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
The exam exists for both UG and PG. The only condition in place is that the aspirant must meet the requirements.
MET 2021 Application Process
THE Manipal MET application process kicks off from October, every year. The college posts the application form on its official website. An applicant can easily access the application form from the site at no charge. The applicant needs to submit crucial documents such as their previous level certificate for verification.Other crucial details include
- Contact details
- Personal information
- Email address
- Academic information
- The Program that the aspirant wishes to study.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
All applicants must pay an application fee of INR.600 for processing to begin. The aspirant must note that the exam is open for both local and international students. However, international students pay a fee of INR. 2500.
Eligibility Criteria of MET 2021
- An applicant must be a major; Manipal only allows applicants that have attained the age of 18 or more to sit for the test. The requirements exist since applicants must submit crucial documents like their identification cards.
- The applicant must have studied the core subjects; the MET syllabus involves crucial areas such as Chemistry, Biology, and physics. Therefore, the aspirant needs to have a good foundation for these subjects. Also, the courses heavily rely on these subjects, especially B. Tech programs.
- The applicant must have passed the 12th class level exam; MAHE expects the applicants to have sat for their 12th Class exams.
- Payment of application fee; No matter how qualified an applicant is, their application won’t be approved if they fail to pay the application fee. The application fee helps to cater to both exams and marking of the exams. The amount depends on whether the applicant is an Indian or an international student.
- Applicants must be an Indian citizen; Although MAHE allows international students, they must be citizens of India. Some of the applicants hold dual citizenship.
MET 2021 Slot Booking
It’s crucial to note that applicants remember that the test is strictly an online exam. For this reason, applicants must book a slot when applying. An applicant needs to login to the center’s booking system. All he or she requires is an application number and an OTBS unguessable password. An aspirant is at liberty to select a suitable exam Centre, date, and time.
Usually, booking is strictly on a first-come-first-served basis. Slot booking begins shortly after the expiry of the application dates. The center does not allow an aspirant to change its slots once they book. Upon completion of slot booking, an aspirant receives an e-hall ticket. The university sends the admit cards to the aspirant via the submitted email address.
MET 2021 Curriculum
The test syllabus comprises of 4 crucial subjects. These are English, PCM. Below are some of the topics covered under each area.
- Redox chemical reactions
- The structure of an atom
- The structure of a molecule
- Probability and statistics
- Work & Energy
- Laws of motion
- The theory of gases
- Structure of sentences
MET Exam Structure for BTech
The exam varies somewhat depending on the course the aspirant wants to pursue. MET for B. Tech consists of four subjects, namely PCM and General aptitude. The test comprises of a total of 200 MCQs. Out of those, 50 of them are physics questions. Chem. has a total of 50 questions; math has 70, while General aptitude has 30.
The exam body expects all the aspirants to attempt all the questions within 105 minutes.
MET 2021 Exam Results
Manipal Academy of Higher Education, the hosting body releases MET in May, every year. The body posts the results online for the aspirant to access them via their respective portals. The aspirant can access the results by using their enrolment numbers. Usually, MAHE first releases the scorecard before proceeding to release the results.
All aspirants can freely download the scorecard and print them for future reference. Successful students must print the scorecard as they’ll use it to participate in the counseling session. An aspirant must also produce the scorecard during entry.
Manipal Entrance Test PG Courses
- Masters of Medicine-Physiology
- Masters in Nursing
- Masters in Pharmacy
- Masters in Human Genetics and Molecular Biology
- Maters in Physiotherapy
- M.Tech computer science and Engg.
- M.Tech. aerospace engineering.
- M.Tech Biomedical engineering.
- M.Tech Chemical engineering.
- M.Tech Environmental engineering.
- Masters in media and communication
- M.Tech in Software engineering.
MET 2021 Exam Centers
Top Related Entrance Exam:
- AP PGECET 2021 Exam
- VITMEE (M.Tech) Exam 2021
- WB PGET 2021
- VTUEEE 2021 Exam
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th