MSc Zoology Admission 2021-22: MSc is a 2-year postgraduate course in the field of science. The course comprises the study of the behaviour, body, and structure of animals. Such postgraduates can secure jobs in areas like; Professors, Zoologists, National Parks and Zoo, Food parks, Agricultural sectors, etc.
Aspirants interested in the animal environment and pursuing an in-depth explanation of the animal world, their creation, and behaviour will choose M.Sc Zoology after completing a suitable Bachelors’s degree course.
- Chandigarh University is offering admission to various UG/PG programs. Students looking for admission to the “MSc Zoology” course can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
- BFIT Group of Institutions, Dehradun, opens admission to the “MSc Zoology” course. Students looking for this program can visit the university’s official website. For more information, click here.
MSc Zoology Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Zoology|
|Admission Process||UPTU-SEE, MP PET, etc|
|Full-Form of M.SC Zoology||Masters of Science in Zoology|
|Duration||Course Duration is 4 Years.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 02 Lakh to 05 LPA|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 20,000/- to INR 1,20,000/-|
|Eligibility||10+2 with science subjects|
MSc Zoology Admission 2021-22
- MSc Zoology is two year PG course that focuses on the study of animals. Some many universities and colleges offered admission to MSc zoology in India.
- Anatomy, entomology, evolution, naming, habits, and distribution of living and extinct animals are studied in zoology, a branch of biology. Students learn about biodiversity and animal anatomy as part of this curriculum.
- MSc Zoology syllabus contains Ecological theories, Tissue Structure, Parasites, Neuroscience, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, taxonomy, Cell, Receptor Biology, etc.
- M.Phil and PhD in Zoology are higher studies after completing MSc Zoology.
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
- To be eligible for Msc Zoology enrollments, students must hold a BSc degree in Zoology.
- At the UG level, they should have received at least a 50% grade.
- Admissions of MSc Zoology are based on entrance exam scores.
- CUCET, GATE, and TS PGECET are admission exams for this course.
Fees charged for M.Sc Zoology are average ranges between INR 20,000 to INR 1.20 lakh per year.
The aspirants must get a bachelor’s degree in zoology with at least 50% marks. The degree must obtain from any reputable university in India.
MSc Zoology is a course offered by many universities of India like IGNOU, etc.
M.Sc Zoology Entrance Exam 2021
Some universities offered admission in this course via regular process, but some universities offered admission in the course via an entrance examination.
- Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) for PhD
- National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) for Integrated M.Sc
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
- HBNI M.Sc and DMRIT Admission Test (HBNI CAT)
The average initial salary offered to zoologists is between INR 02 Lakh to 05 LPA.
National Parks, Educational Institutes, Agriculture Sectors, Food parks, Animal Research centres, etc
Zookeeper, Teacher, Wildlife Gaurd, Journalist, Zoology Professor, Wildlife educator, Semenologist, Research Scientist, etc.
Types of Cоurѕе
- Full Time: M.Sc Zoology is a full-time, Four-semester PG course.
- Part-Time/Online: This program is also offered in online mode as well as distance mode.
MSc Zoology Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Structure and Functions of Non-chordates||Structure and Functions of Chordates|
|Genetics and Genetic Engineering||Endocrinology and Neuroscience|
|Parasites and Immunity||Biochemistry and Molecular biology|
|Ecological theories and applications||Comparative Animal Physiology|
|Tissue structure Function and Chemistry||Cell and Receptor Biology|
|Laboratory course||Laboratory course|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Taxonomy and Biodiversity||Conservation Biology and Wildlife|
|Development and Differentiation||Biotechnology and Applications|
|Elective I Theory||Elective II Theory|
|Evolution and Animal Behaviour||Seminar and Dissertation or Review|
|Laboratory course||Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, and Instrumentation|
|Elective I Practical||Laboratory course (1 module)|
|–||Elective II Practical|
Top University For MSc Zoology in India
|University Name||State||Type of University|
|Dravidian University||Andhra Pradesh||State University|
|Dr. Y.S.R. Horticultural University||Andhra Pradesh||State University|
|Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences (Formerly Andhra Pradesh
University of Health Sciences)
|Andhra Pradesh||State University|
|Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM)||Andhra Pradesh||Deemed University|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantpur||Andhra Pradesh||State University|
Be the first to leave a review.