Mumbai University Admission 2022-23: Mumbai University came into existence on 18th July 1957, about 164 years ago in Maharashtra. The University has worked magnificently, leading it to receive the grade “A” by NAAC. It offers UG, PG, diploma, post-diploma, certificate, and Ph.D. programs here. The expected date to start the 2022 admission cycle is the beginning of June. However, the last date to conclude the application process will be 31st July 2022 (Tentatively). Those who have passed the HSC or 12th from an approved board may look for the related UG admission. The PG admissions will require a bachelor’s level clearance. For a Ph.D., one must earn the PG degree with not less than 55 percent marks in the relevant.
Mumbai University Admission Entrance: Mumbai University holds MET and PET entrance exams for admission in various courses. Applicants desiring admission in the Ph.D. shall need to appear in the PET. Only qualified applicants of PET will be invited to complete the further admission process. To get more information on the entrance of the University, applicants can go to the sections below.
Mumbai University Admission Fee: The document verification fee of the Mumbai University courses is rupees 400, and applicants would require to deposit 320 rupees for the eligibility fee.
MU provides BA, BMS, B.Com, BSW, BSc, BLISC, B.Ed., LLB, BFA, BPEd, BPA, and BHM courses at the UG level. It offers number of PG courses are MPA, MFA, MSW, M.Ed., MLISC, MIM, MMM, MMS, MSc, M.Com, and MA. For each course, there is a certain entry-level exam that is mentioned in the eligibility criteria.
Mumbai University Highlights
|Established | Type||1857 | State|
|Approved by||NAAC, UGC, AIU|
|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance and Merit-Based|
|Offered Programs||UG, PG, and Doctorate|
|Fee Structure||University of Mumbai Fee structure|
|Facilities Available||Hostel. Library. Laboratory. Cafeteria. Medical.|
|Email for email@example.com|
|Admission Helpdesk||022 22708700|
Mumbai University Admission 2022-23
The application for the first-year, SY/TY, and postgraduate programs for Part-I and Part-II have started under Mumbai University for the 2022-23 session. The University invites candidates to fill the online registration form as soon as possible for the offered programs. Candidates who are applying for the first time are required to register themselves over the official web portal of the University, where details like candidates’ names, father & mother’s names, dob, mobile number, and email id are needed.
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
Mumbai University Admission 2022 Last Dates
|The registration process for UG/PG programs starts on||23 July 2022|
|The registration process for UG/PG programs closes on||4 August 2022|
|Application Process M.Phil/ PhD||30 June 2022|
|Online Registration in MSc(IT) starts on||17 September 2022|
|Online Registration in MSc(IT) ends on||19 September 2022|
|Display of Merit List for MSc(IT)||20 September 2022|
|Online Payment of Fees of MSc(IT)||22 September 2022|
|Document verification of MSc(IT) students||25 September 2022|
The document verification process after the issuance of each merit list will be continuing. Once documents are verified, each student whose name is on the merit list will pay the admission fee.
Mumbai University UG Admission
Mumbai University B.Tech/BE Admission
If you are an undergraduate student, you have many different BTech and BE courses in various fields. BE is offered in two ways, either as a Lateral admission or Part-Time. If you are an MHT CET qualified student, then you can easily apply for admission in B.Tech/B.E.
The following specializations are offered in BE
- Automobile Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Printing & Packaging Technology
All of these specializations are included in the lateral form. For the part-time specializations, you get:
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The eligibility criteria for getting admission in these fields are that you need to pass the 10+2 exam, and you should have 45% marks in the last examination. For Part-Time, students need to have an Engineering Diploma in the specific subject, and a min of 50% marks are required for admission. Students are selected based on the MHT CET exam, which DTE conducts.
There are a lot of different courses available for people wanting to get admission to an undergraduate program. There are also integrated courses available at Mumbai University. Getting admission in all of these courses is merit-based, and the university itself conducts the test.
Mumbai University B Arch Admission
There is also B. Arch offered at the University of Mumbai. 10+2 exam needs to be cleared to be eligible for admission. There are two specializations offered for B.Arch, and you need to score well in the NATA test as students are selected based on this test. If you are a Higher Secondary Examination qualified student, you will also be eligible for admission in B.Arch. Moreover, the students need at least 50% marks so that they can secure a chance for admission.
Mumbai University BA Admission
There are two specializations offered in BA
- Film, Television & New Media Production.
You need to pass the 10+2 exam with English as the main subject. The selection of the students is entirely dependent on your performance in the 10+2 merit.
The only specialization offered in this course is Russian. To be eligible for this course, you need to pass the 10+2 exam with an aggregate of at least 50%.
Mumbai University BCom Admission
The following specializations are offered in B.Com
- Accounting & Finance
- Financial Marketing
- Banking & Insurance
The basic eligibility requirement is to pass the 10+2 exam with at least 40% marks from a nationally recognized board.
Mumbai University BSc Admission
The BSc course has the following specializations
- Home Science
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Nautical Science
- Forensic Science
For the general specialization, you need to pass the 10+2 with Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and English as one of the main subjects, only then you will be eligible. for Home Science, you need to secure the 10+2 exam with a language course and two Physics-related subjects, Sociology, Psychology or Biology, Chemistry.
Biotechnology requires you to pass the 10+2 (PCB) with a min of 45% marks. The same goes for Hospitality specialization. At the same time, Aviation and Nautical Science need you to pass the 10+2 with PCM.
For specialization in Hospitality, you need to give a written test and then move on to the group discussion section, and then the final stage is the personal interview to get selected. Nautical Science requires you to give an entrance test which is conducted across the entire country. As for the other specializations, you need to secure your position in the 10+2 merit list.
Mumbai University PG Admission
Mumbai University offers a lot of postgraduate courses for M.Com, MA, MMM, MMS, MHRDM, etc. There are various specializations available for these courses.
Mumbai University MA Admission
For Post Graduates, you have the following specializations in MA
- Numismatics & Archeology
- Communication & Journalism
- Public Relations
- Entertainment, Media & Advertising
- German Studies
- Electronic Media
- Film Studies
For the general specialization in MA, you need to have a BA degree in the specific discipline. The selection criteria for the General is to pass the written test. In Numismatics & Archeology, you need a B.Com, BSc, or BA degree to be eligible. The selection criteria is the admission test conducted by the university department.
For Education specialization, you need to have a BA or B.Ed degree with at least 45% marks, and you need to be on the merit list in the final exam to get selected. Entertainment, Media and Advertising, Communication & Journalism, Public Relations require you to have any graduation degree, and the selection criteria are the same as for Education. For German Studies, you need to have an advanced BA degree in German, and then the selection is going to be based on the entrance test and then an interview.
Mumbai University Research Level Courses Admission
The University of Mumbai offers courses like M.Phil, D.Sc, Ph.D. in a lot of disciplines. The admission criteria are to have a valid score in the PET conducted at Mumbai University. For a Ph.D., the test is conducted two times in a single year. For M.Phil, you have to apply in both Entrance and Aptitude tests.
Mumbai University Ph.D. Admission
The various specializations are
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Management
- Other Disciplines
Mumbai University MPhil Admission
For MPhil, you get the following specializations
- Nano Science & Nano Technology
For the Ph.D. courses, you need to have a Master’s degree in the relevant disciplines to be eligible for admission. For M.Phil in Nano Science, you have to have a Master’s Degree in Physics, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Nano Technology, etc.
The Selection Criteria for Ph.D. and MPhil admissions are to have a good score in the Ph.D. test and then an interview and pass the aptitude and entrance tests for MPhil.
MU UG & PG Fees
|Offered Courses||Fees||Eligibility Criteria|
|Diploma||1st-year fees are INR 44,898||10+2 Pass|
|Certification||Total fees are INR 5,000||10th Pass|
|PG Diploma||Total fees are INR 8,000||Graduation|
|MA||1st-year fees are INR 34,405|
|MSc||1st-year fees are INR 46,835|
|M.Phil||Total Fees are INR 16,415||Post Graduation|
|PhD||1st-year fees are 21,720|
Mumbai University Admission Process 2022
MU will offer an online facility for form submission with a registration fee of Rs.500 for general and Rs.250 for ST/SC categories.
- The Bachelor of Science (General) is the best way to pursue your interest in science The curriculum provides a base for two main fields of research biological science, chemistry, biochemistry
- If you are an undergraduate student then the admission is totally merit-based in the University of Mumbai except for B.Sc(Hospitality & Nautical Science) as there is a separate test conducted for this course.
- You need a valid score of MHT CET if you want to get admission in BE, B.Text, B.Tech & B.Pharm.
- The university also has entrance as well as drawing tests for BMS and BFA courses respectively.
- You have to give a MAH B.HMCT CET to get admission to the BHM course.
- A valid score of the Mumbai University Common Management Entrance Test is required for admission to the integrated program of BMS+MBA.
- For Master in Theater Arts, M.Mus & MMS, LL.M, the university has separate entrance tests.
- If you have passed the GATE examination then you can easily apply for admission in M.Text, MFSM, M.Tech courses.
- For the doctoral courses, firstly you need to give a university-based written examination which is then followed by an interview.
Mumbai University Online Application Process
Students who want to fill the application form through online mode, need to follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of Mumbai University.
- Search for the application form link and hit on it.
- Now, the registration process will start asking for your details such as the candidate’s name, date of birth, email-id, contact number, etc.
- After registration, fill out the personal and academic details.
- Select the payment mode (net banking/debit card/ credit card) and make the payment.
- Finally, take the printout of the application form for future reference.
Mumbai University Offline Application Process
The online admission portal of Mumbai University attracts applicants to fill the admission form while staying in their comfort zone. Students can fill up the form by learning a few points mentioned below, which would be beneficial in terms of time-saving, and making the process easy for them.
Steps To Remember: Application Form MU
- Passport size photo, Signature, Aadhar card, Pan card, Tenth mark sheet, Twelfth mark sheet, and other documents (if applicable) are required as softcopy at the time of Mumbai University admission.
- There is no application fee in MU.
- Unique email and mobile number will be needed at the time of MU admission signing up.
- Fill the mandate blocks accurately before submitting the MU admission form.
- MU filled online application form required to match with information of the 10th mark sheet.
- It is the lone responsibility of the applicant to fill up the Mumbai University form perfectly.
- Wrong and false information shall lead to rejection of the admission.
Stages: Mumbai University
Step 1: Visit the Mumbai University admission portal
Step 2: Press the button to appear as “Register”
Step 3: Fill up names, mobile numbers, email id, and date of birth for MU admission
Step 4: Read the students agreement before clicking on the “Agree” button
Step 5: Username and password would be sent onto the mobile by MU
Step 6: Sign In the Mumbai University admission account
Step 7: Complete the displayed sections such as personal, address, education, and reservation details
Step 8: Proceed to the next tab to upload the softcopy of the images
Step 9: Photo and Images in the Mumbai University admission portal shall be uploaded only in jpeg/jpg format
Step 10: Applicant photo should be recent and not older than three weeks
Step 11: Handwritten scanned signature must be done upon the white background
Step 12: Enter contact/communication and parental details
Step 13: Apply for the course, colleges, and select the subject on the Mumbai University admission page
Step 14: There is no application fee for the regular applicants
Step 15: Upload the softcopy of the mark sheet, and other documents in the Mumbai University admission portal
Step 16: Take a print of the Mumbai University submitted application form
- ID card
- Character certificate
- Mark sheets and degrees
- Date of Birth Proof
- Transfer and caste Certificate
- Passport size photo
Mumbai University Application Fees
- Candidates have to submit the application fee online or offline mode.
- Demand Draft (DD) should be drawn in the name of “Finance and Account Officer of the University of Mumbai” payable at Mumbai.
- The online mode of payment is by debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- The student’s application fee will be non-refundable.
- The application fee for general category candidates will be Rs.1000/- and reserved category candidates have to deposit Rs.500/-.
List of Colleges under Mumbai University
- DG Ruparel College of Arts, Commerce, and Science: The college offers courses of all 3 streams, and vocational courses are also available in this college. The college offers education from junior Degree level to research level. The college is located in Senapati Baghpat marg, Mahim, Mumbai.
- Guru Nanak College of Arts, Commerce, and Science: The college is affiliated with MU. It is considered one of the best colleges of Mumbai University.
Mumbai University Placements
In the last few years, the University of Mumbai witnessed prominent industry giants recruiting students for different classes. Some of the most prominent companies that enlisted students are Tata, DHL, Blue Dart, FedEx, Crisil, Deloitte, HDFC Bank, and IDBI Bank. According to the report published by IQAC:
- More than 80 companies took part in the recruitment drive. They also offered offers on the MU campus.
- JBIMS (Management college of the department of education) also witnessed the participation of more than 60 recruiters in the recruitment process for the 2019-2021 cohort. The top CTC in this institution was with INR 44 LPA.
- Some of the most prestigious firms that took part in this year’s MU placements comprise Accenture, Infosys, TCS, Axis Bank, Crisil, and Asian Paints
Mumbai University Scholarships 2022
These scholarships will be provided to PG students at Mumbai’s University of Mumbai:
- Financial assistance for students belonging to backward classes: A grant of INR 10 lakh has been designated to provide financial aid to students in the categories reserved for them (SCor ST/ and NTand DT and SBC) studying in various departments of the University.
- Financial aid for poor students: A grant of 1 crore rupees (Rupees one crore) for corpus funding has been in place since 2004-05 to provide financial aid to students who are in the economically marginalized class in affiliated colleges or institutions/departments at the University.
- Book Bank Scheme: Each year, the University offers financial assistance to affiliated colleges to manage this Book Bank scheme for the students from the back classes.
- Group Insurance Scheme: In 2001-2002, the University launched the Group Insurance Scheme in collaboration with National Insurance Company Limited, known as YUVA RAKSHA, for students from the affiliated institutions/ colleges and university departments.
- government scholarships: A variety of scholarships from the government are provided to students in universities affiliated institutions or colleges and departments:
- Government of India scholarship/freeship for SC/ST/DT/NT/SBC students Students whose parents earn less than 1 lakh per year are qualified to receive the freeships.
- The Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship: Is awarded to students pursuing higher education in India. For example, further studies at IIMor IIT or IIT, etc.
- The Rajarshi Maharaj Scholarship is awarded to 10 students from students in the UG/PG (8 + 2) studying abroad.
The University of Mumbai witnessed prominent industry giants recruiting students for different classes in the last few years. Some of the most recognized companies that enlisted students are Tata, DHL, Blue Dart, FedEx, Crisil, Deloitte, HDFC Bank, and IDBI Bank. According to the report published by IQAC:
- More than 80 companies took part in the recruitment drive.
- JBIMS (Management college of the department of education) also witnessed the participation of more than 60 recruiters in the recruitment process for 2019-2021.
- The Top CTC in this institution was with INR 44 LPA.
- Some of the most prestigious firms in this year’s M.U. placements comprise Accenture, Infosys, TCS, Axis Bank, Crisil, and Asian Paints.
Q: How can a student apply to Mumbai University entries for BSc or MSc?
Ans: Aspirants applying to courses of B.Sc or M.Sc should be from the backdrop of science in their prev qualifying exams.
Q: When will the pre-admission enrolment form 2022 for MU be release?
Ans: It will be put up on the site from 22 July 2022.
Q: When can aspirants expect the merit list of MU admissions 2022 to release?
Ans: It will be released by the 4th week of June 2022.
- Official Website: https://mu.ac.in/
- Phone Number: 022-26543300
- Address: Mahatma Gandhi Road, Kolivery Village, University of Mumbai, Vidya Nagari, Kala Ghoda, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400032.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be the first to leave a review.