Mumbai University Distance Education Admission, Courses & Fee Structure 2019-2020
Mumbai University Distance Education
UGC, NAAC, AIU
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
18 July 1857
Mumbai University Distance and Open Learning Education Center, where students education through the online education process. This process is very useful for a student and their future academic life. In this distance learning, the student can take other options as well like, they can apply for the course during their jobs, they can do both at the same time. In the Year 1993, the Directorate of Distance Education Was Upgraded as ‘Institute of Distance Education’ It Thus Acquired a Status as a ‘university Institution’. In this Article Students Check the Mumbai University Distance Education Admission, Courses & Fee Structure, that is Given Below.
Latest News: Mumbai University Institute of distance and an open University learning were released their Online Admission Programmes schedule for this Academic year
Mumbai University Distance Education Admission:
Distance & Open Learning is a Distinct Approach to Impart Education to Learners Who Are Removed in Space and/or Time From the Teachers or the Teaching Institution on Account of Economic, Social and Consideration. A Need for Such an Approach Was Felt by the University of Mumbai and Hence It Established the Directorate of Correspondence Courses in the Year 1971-72. Distance Courses Admission is Open Now, Click to Know More Details.
About University Admission For the Current Year 2019. Admission open for Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses. Undergraduate courses like B.A., B. Com, B.Sc. (Computer Science) and Post Graduate courses like M.A., M.Com., M.Sc., PGDFM, PGDORM admission last date is 29 December 2019. This admission process is only for those people who are old IDOL students and enrolled in IDOL Academic Year 2019-20.
The university provides many courses, students can take admission in the courses if they are eligible, if students want to get admission in PG program, they must have PG program and if they are interested in UG program they must have 12th class. on the basis of entrance exam result and merit list, admission will be done.
Mumbai University, Distance and Open Learning offering the Admission/Filling Repeater Exam Form 2018-2019. Interesting candidates can check all details regarding the Admission Here:
For More Info: Click Here
- Admission to UG: If the candidate wishes to apply admission of UG course then must have to clear 12th or it’s equivalent or a 3 years Diploma with relevant exam passed from a recognized board or university is eligible to apply admission of UG course.
Application Process of Mumbai University Distance Education:
- Candidates wish to apply admission for these courses provided by the IDOL of Mumbai University can apply online by following the given steps:
- Interested candidates kindly visit the university official website.
- open the registration form, click on Menu.
- After registration, you will receive a User ID and Password on your e-mail.
- Fill all the required and correct information such as educational qualification, subjects, documents, questionnaire. details of bank challan or details through online mode payment.
- finally, save and submit the application form.
The application fee can be paid through the online mode by using Credit card/Debit card/Internet banking.
Mumbai University Distance Education Courses With Fee Structure:
Fees for General Category
Fees for Reserve Category
F. Y. B.A
S. Y.B. A
T. Y. B. A
S. Y. B.Com
T. Y. B.Com
F.Y.B.Sc. (I. T.)
1 year (Two Semesters)
1 year (Two Semesters)
T.Y.B.Sc. (I. T.)
1 year (Two Semesters)
F.Y.B.Sc. (Computer Science)
S.Y.B.Sc. (Computer Science)
T.Y.B.Sc. (Computer Science)
M.A. Part I
Distance learning courses are very time to consume and convenient for earning candidates. A requirement for such an advance was felt by the University of Mumbai and therefore it conventional the Directorate of Education was upgraded as ‘Institute of Distance Education’ It thus acquired a status as a ‘University Institution’. In Mumbai University Distance Education admission 2019 Procedure is very easy to apply; students can go to their website and easily download the 2019 Prospectus from their site and check out all details regarding their admissions.
The Institute having best Faculty in Mumbai, our Faculty will help distance learning students as well through alternative classes. Candidates can attend these alternate classes and clear their doubts or difficulties during their courses. There is an online help also for the students, who are not able to attend these classes; they can go for this online help program by Mumbai University.
Mumbai University Facilities
University provides many services to its students, all facilities which provide by the university they all are support to infrastructure of the university.
- Library and Reading Facility
- Audio Video Centre
- Bonafide Certificate and Transcript Certificate
- Duplicate Marks Sheet – Duplicate Marks Sheet (Rs. 100/-)
- Change in Name and Address
- Transcript Form
There is also available the Sub-Centers for IDOL
- Ratnagiri Subcentre
- The IDOL learning center at Thane Sub Campus
- Proposed Kalyan sub-center
Approvals and Recognitions
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Distance Education Bureau (DEB)
Faculty of Mumbai University Distance Education
Name of Faculty
Dr. D. Harichandan
Mr. Anil R. Bankar
Dr. Santosh D. Rathod
Ms. Madhura Kulkarni
Ms. Rajashri P. Pandit
Mr. Mandar Bhanushe.
Dr. Sanjay Ratnaparakhi
Faculty of Arts
- Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension
- Centre for Disaster Management
- Communication And Journalism
- Fine Arts
- Library Science
- Language, Linguistics and Literature
- Management Studies
- Social Science
Faculty of Commerce
- Department of Commerce
Faculty of Law
- Department of Law
- University of Mumbai Law Academy (UMLA)
Faculty of Science
- National Centre for Nanosciences and Nanotechnology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Bio-Physics
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Geography
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Life Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
Faculty of Technology
- Department of Chemical Technology
Faculty of Sports
- Physical Education
- Department of Physical Education and Sports Pavilion
Faculty of Other Departments
- Academy for Administrative Careers
- Alkesh Dinesh Mody Institute of Management Studies
- Centre for Extra-Mural studies
- Centre for European Studies, University of Mumbai
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Students’ Development Vidyapeeth Vidhyarthi Bhavan
- Diasporic Constructions of Home and Belonging (CoHaB)
- Dr. Ambedkar Center for Social Justice
- Garware Institute of Career Education & Development
- Gurudev Tagore Chair of Comp. literature
- Indo-Canadian Studies Centre
- Institute of Science (Managed by Govt. of Maharashtra)
- Mahatma Gandhi Peace Centre
- Phule-Ambedkar Chair
- Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Contemporary Studies
- Ratnagiri Sub-Centre
- Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute’s Canadian Studies Centre,
- UGC Human Resource Development Centre (UGC Academic Staff College)
- Western Regional Instrumentation Centre
- Women Development Cell
List of Top 10 Distance Education University In India:
Name of the University
Types of University
Mumbai University Contact Details:
- Address: Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma Bhavan, Vidyanagari, Santacruz East, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Pin code: 400098
- Phone: 022 2652 3048