Mumbai University Distance Education Admission 2021-22: MU is a distance education university situated in Mumbai. The university came into being in the year 1971. The university has signed an affiliation with more than 750 institutes. The institute is included among the top 10 universities providing distance education to students.
The university offers many distance education programs to candidates at the UG & PG level of education. Mumbai University has opened the admissions for all courses, and aspirants all across the Indian map can apply for the grant of admittance. Admission in all courses offered by the university is granted on the qualifying examination basis except MCA. The MCA entrance test is conducted.
The University of Mumbai has extended the dates for multiple undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The new date for submission of online registration forms varies as the university proposed several courses for admission. For the bachelor’s program, the last date for submission has extended till 29.10.2021, and postgraduate courses will last till 10-11-2021.
The admission is taking place for the July 2021-22 sessions. The programs which are available for online registration at the undergraduate and postgraduate level are BA 3rd semester. BCOM 3rd & 4th semester, BA General, BCOM General, BSC, MA part 2, MCOM part 2, MSC Part 2, and MCA second & third year.
Mumbai University Distance Education Highlights
|MU-IDOL||The University of Mumbai-Institute of Distance & Open Learning|
|Accreditation||Accredited ‘A’ grade level by NAAC|
|Approved by||NAAC, UGC, DEB|
|Area||77,000 square feet|
|Admission||Merit-based and Entrance Exam|
|Programs Offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Ph.D., and PG Diploma|
|Mode of Learning||Distance Education|
|Fee Submission||Bank Challan/Demand Draft/Online|
|Address||Vidya Nagari, Kalina, Santacruz East Mumbai – 400098|
|Email Id||info@ idol.mu.ac.in|
Mumbai University Distance Education Admission 2021-22
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
To secure admission in Mumbai University Distance Education, the candidate must meet the criteria conditions. The selection is merit-based for all courses except for MCA and Ph.D. courses. For MCA, the applicant has to pass the entrance exam taken by the university. For the Ph.D. program, the applicant has to pass the university’s entrance exam and the interview.
The students are allowed to write the exam paper in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, and English. The courses have a semester system. The semester starts in April, the summer semester, and the second semester in November, the winter semester. The university only allows the application form for admissions only through its official webpage.
- Candidates who wish to apply for admission for these courses provided by the IDOL of Mumbai University can apply online by following the given steps.
- Interested candidates kindly visit the university’s official website.
- Open the registration form, click on Menu.
- After registration, you will receive a User ID and Password on your e-mail.
- Fill in all the required and correct information such as educational qualifications, subjects, documents, questionnaires—details of bank challan or details through online mode payment.
- Finally, save and submit the application form.
MU IDOL Application Form Process 2021
- Step 1: Go to the official website of MU-IDOL using this link.
- Step 2: Select the “Click Here For New Registration” button on the website for new registration.
- Note: Already registered candidates have to write a username and password in the “Registered Log-In” section.
- Step 3: Fill in the correct information on the application form, and then for final registration, submit the application form by clicking the “Submit” button.
- Step 4: The registered candidates will receive their Username via E-mail.
- Step 5: The applicant has to use the username received via e-mail to re-login.
- Step 6: A detailed Application form will open. Accurately enter all information.
- Step 7: The candidate also has to upload the documents mentioned below:
- Step 8: Candidate’s most recent photograph. Candidate’s scanned signature.
- Step 9: Candidates are required to pay the registration fee either by Credit or Debit card or through Net Banking. Candidates will receive a successful payment notification via SMS and E-mail.
- Step 10: Before final submission, preview your application form by clicking on the “NEXT” button.
- Step 11: Then Save and take a Print-out of the Application Form for future reference.
MU Distance Education MCom, PG Diploma, MSc, & Fees
|Course||Fee in INR per annum|
MUDDE UG Courses & Eligibility
|BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)||3 years||12th pass with 45%|
|BBA (Oil & Gas Marketing)||3 years||12th pass with 45%|
|BBA Insurance Management||3 years||12th pass with 45%|
|BBA Sales and Marketing||3 years||12th pass with 45%|
|BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)||3 years||12th with maths|
|B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education)||3 years||Graduation|
|B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce)||3 years||12th with maths|
|B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy)||3 years||12th PCM|
|BSC (Agronomy)||3 years||12th PCM|
|BSC (Electronics)||3 years||12th PCM|
|BSC (Computer Science)||3 years||12th PCM|
|BSC (Chemistry)||3 years||12th PCM|
|BSC (Cardiovascular Technology)||3 years||12th PCM|
|BSC (Botany)||3 years||12th PCM|
|BSC (Biology)||3 years||12th PCM|
|BSC (Audiology)||3 years||12th PCM|
|BSC (Hons.) Computer Science||3 years||12th PCM|
|BSC (Neurophysiology Technology)||3 years||12th PCM|
|BSC (Nuclear Medicine Technology)||3 years||12th PCM|
|BSC (Nursing)||3 years||12th PCM|
MUDDE PG Courses
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria|
|Post-BSC Diploma||Computer Science & Application||12th|
|PG Diploma||German and European Inter-Cultural Studies||Graduate|
|PG Diploma||Slums Studies and Development (DCSSD)||Graduate|
|PG Diploma||Media and Disability Communication||Bachelor|
|PG Diploma||Public Policy||Bachelor|
|PG Diploma||Therapeutic Counselling||BA., B.Com|
|PG Diploma||Rural Management||Bachelor|
|PG Diploma||Museology and Conservation||Bachelor|
|PG Diploma||Comparative Mythology||Bachelor|
|PG Diploma||Travel and Tourism Management||Graduate|
|PG Diploma||Radio and Television Lekhan||BA., B.Com|
|PG Diploma||Film Lekhan||BA., B.Com|
|PG Diploma||Philosophy of Communal Harmony and Social Peace||Graduate|
|PG Diploma||Women’s Studies||Graduate|
MU Courses & Fees
|Course||Duration||Fees for Reserve Category|
|Post Graduate Diploma||5,663|
|Master of Commerce [M.Com]||3 year(s)||9,375|
|Bachelor of Science [BSC]||3 year(s)||4,453|
|Master of Arts [MA]||3 year(s)||3,338|
|Distance MCA||3 year(s)||44,385|
|F. Y. B.A||1 year||Rs. 333/|
|S. Y.B. A||1 year||Rs. 333/|
|T. Y. B. A||1 year||Rs. 583/|
|F.Y.B.Com||1 year||Rs. 333/|
|S. Y. B.Com||1 year||Rs. 333/|
|T. Y. B.Com||1 year||Rs. 583/|
|F.Y.BSC. (I. T.)||1 year (Two Semesters)||Rs. 333/-|
|S.Y.BSC (I.T.)||1 year (Two Semesters)||Rs. 333/-|
|T.Y.BSC. (I. T.)||1 year (Two Semesters)||Rs. 583/-|
|F.Y.BSC. (Computer Science)||1 year||Rs. 333/|
|S.Y.BSC. (Computer Science)||1 year||Rs. 333/-|
|T.Y.BSC. (Computer Science)||1 year||Rs. 583/-|
|M.A. Part I||1 year||Rs. 333/-|
University provides many services to its students, all facilities provided by the university all support to infrastructure of the university.
- Library and Reading Facility
- Audio Video Center
- Bonafide Certificate and Transcript Certificate
- Duplicate Marks Sheet – Duplicate Marks Sheet (Rs. 100/-)
- Change in Name and Address
- Transcript Form
|Name of Faculty||Designation|
|Dr. D. Harichandan||Director|
|Mr. Anil R. Bankar||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Santosh D. Rathod||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Madhura Kulkarni||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Rajashri P. Pandit||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Mandar Bhanushe.||Assistant Professor|
|Dr Sanjay Ratnaparakhi||Assistant Professor|
Courses Offered by Mumbai University
Faculty of Arts
- Department of Life long Learning and Extension
- Center for Disaster Management
- Communication And Journalism
- Fine Arts
- Library Science
- Language, Linguistics, and Literature
- Management Studies
- Social Science
Faculty of Commerce
- Department of Commerce
Faculty of Law
- Department of Law
- University of Mumbai Law Academy (UMLA)
Faculty of Science
- National Centre for Nanosciences and Nanotechnology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Bio-Physics
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Geography
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Life Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
Faculty of Technology
- Department of Chemical Technology
Faculty of Sports
- Physical Education
- Department of Physical Education and Sports Pavilion
Faculty of Other Departments
- Academy for Administrative Careers
- Alkesh Dinesh Mody Institute of Management Studies
- Centre for Extra-Mural studies
- Centre for European Studies, University of Mumbai
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Students’ Development Vidyapeeth Vidhyarthi Bhavan
- Diasporic Constructions of Home and Belonging (CoHaB)
- Dr. Ambedkar Center for Social Justice
- Garware Institute of Career Education & Development
- Gurudev Tagore Chair of Comp. literature
- Indo-Canadian Studies Centre
- Institute of Science (Managed by Govt. of Maharashtra)
- Mahatma Gandhi Peace Centre
- Phule-Ambedkar Chair
- Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Contemporary Studies
- Ratnagiri Sub-Centre
- Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute’s Canadian Studies Centre,
- UGC Human Resource Development Centre (UGC Academic Staff College)
- Western Regional Instrumentation Centre
- Women Development Cell
MU Distance Education Universities In India
|Name of the University||Types of University||Established|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University Distance Education||State University||1976|
|Bharathiar University Distance Education||State University||1982|
|Karpagam University||Private University||2008|
|Tripura Distance Education University, Agartala||Central University||1987|
|Aligarh Muslim Distance Education University, Aligarh||Central University||1920|
|Amity Distance Education University, Noida||
|Jadavpur Distance Education University, Kolkata||State University||1955|
|Rabindra Bharati Distance Education University, Kolkata||State University||1962|
|Delhi Distance Education University, Delhi||Central University||1922|
Address: Raj Bhavan, Malbar Hill, Mumbai 400035
Contact No.:022 26543000
Source: Official Website
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th