Nalanda Open University Admission 2022-23: The Nalanda Open University had established in 1987 under the capital city of Bihar, Patna. The university is known for the only institution in Bihar to offer distance education where candidates may pursue programs under faculties like business, marketing, financial, human resources, trade, operations, and IT. The Nalanda university offers 24 bachelor’s, 27 postgraduate, 44 diploma, and five pg diploma programs. Following are some courses list that university offers to the learners.
Nalanda Open University is looking for students who want to study at the undergraduate level in 2022. The university offers programs such as BA, BA (Hons), BSc (Hons), BSc (Hons), BCom, BBA, and BCA. Candidates must hold a minimum of a 10+2 degree in the relevant field. A candidate is seeking a B.Ed. Should have a bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, in the case of a B.LiB. The minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree; Bachelor’s degrees from recognized universities are valid in any field.
The university offers BA, BSc & B.Com at the UG level, and at the PG level, there is a choice to opt for MA, MSc, M.Com & MBA degree programs. The candidates can apply for admissions based on their preference, i.e., they can apply virtually or physically. The university admits the candidates in all the courses based on marks scored by them in qualifying exams except for B.ED and Ph.D. because entrance test takes place for the grant of admission.
- Nalanda Open University Admission 2022-23 will be started soon.
Nalanda Open University Highlights
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Name||Nalanda Open University|
|Approval||University Grants Commission (UGC), DEB|
|Applicaion||NOU Application Form|
|Fee Structure||NOU Application Form|
|Distance Education||NOU Distance Education|
Nalanda Open University Admission 2022-23
Nalanda Open University (NOU) is the only University presenting distance training in Bihar. Nalanda Open University provides various Certificates, PG diploma, UG Courses, PG Courses, and intermediate courses to the students.
The Online and offline registration date for all undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, intermediate, and certificate level admission extended to 25.10.2022. The university started admission to all programs on 29 July 2022 and decided to end online and offline registration on 30.09.2022. With a recent release over the official web portal, the university mentioned the hike in the number of aspirants for admission and Covid-19, the reason for the extension of the date. All the courses will come with a 25% fee concession for females only.
Nalanda Open University UG Admission
- BA: BA candidates will provide their intermediate certificate in any stream.
- B.Sc: B.Sc candidates will come with their intermediate certificate with science subjects.
- BLIS (Bachelor of Library and Information sciences): BLIS candidates will come with a graduation degree in their hands.
- B.Com: B.Com candidates must have done their intermediate in any stream.
- BCA: For BCA candidates, Mathematics and Computer is a must to have read in their intermediate.
- BBA: BBA candidates should have done their intermediate in any stream.
- BEd: BEd candidates should have two years of experience in teaching. They should have also secured 45% marks in their bachelor’s degree.
Nalanda Open University PG Admission
candidates can also apply for the PG diploma course. For which they will need a bachelor’s degree. The duration of the diploma is one year. The diploma’s total charges are 5500. Other PG courses and eligibility is as follows:
- M.Com: M.Com candidates should have done B.Com.
- MCA: MCA candidates should have done BCA or B.Sc in Computer Science. They can also apply with a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics.
- MJMC: MJMC candidates will apply after having a bachelor’s degree.
- MLIS: MLIS candidates should have their BLIS degree
- MSc: Candidates for M.Sc will come with a B.Sc degree.
- MA: MA candidates can apply after completing their BA.
Nalanda Open University PG Eligibility
BSC or equivalent
BCOM or equivalent
BLib or equivalent
BJ or equivalent
BCA or BSC in Computer Applications
Nalanda Open University UG Fees
Nalanda Open University offers 25% of relaxation to female students on fees for all courses.
|Courses||Fees (Per year)|
|Bachelor of Commerce||Rs 2400/-|
|Certificate Courses||Rs 1650/-|
Nalanda Open University PG Fees
|Courses||Fees (Per year)|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management||Rs 5500/-|
Nalanda Open University Application Process 2022
The admission and application process at Nalanda Open University admission is simple to follow. Any eligible candidate with the minimum required marks can apply for the University with the course of his choice. Application forms and the prospectus are available on the University campus for the nominal fees of Rs 450.00.
Students can buy the prospectus from the sales office of the University or order it by sending a DD of Rs 450.00 to the Nalanda Open University, Patna, Bihar. The University does not accept money orders or postal orders in that manner. The DD is in favour of Nalanda Open University payable at Patna.
Nalanda Open University Admission Candidates can apply in both offline and online modes.
- Students must have to visit the official website to continue the admission process. i.e. (http://www.nalandaopenuniversity.com/)
- The students can register themselves for online admission on the online admission portal.
- After registration, students will receive a Username, password, and OTP through email or SMS.
- The application should contain authentic information, as it will continue throughout the admission process.
- Do not leave any column blank.
- Upload necessary documents, photos, and certificates.
- Pay the admission amount of INR 450 through a Credit/Debit card or Net banking as an application processing fee.
- The minimum eligibility criteria for securing admission to Nalanda Open University will be 55%.
- Caste certificate and matriculation certificate along with marks sheet.
- Candidates will need their marks sheet of the qualifying examination for verification.
- Passport-sized photographs.
- Fee receipts.
Placements and Facilities
- The University does not offer any placement services directly to the students. However, they put students through placement agencies that can guide the student through the journey.
- The University campus is open for the students who have scheduled classes and lab timings. The campus has state-of-the-art computer labs and libraries where students can study and gaining an education.
- Along with the courses and degrees, the University also offers unique facilities to a particular group of older adults, military personnel, people from remote areas, and other groups.
- The course material is easy to read and understand.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Why should I prefer Nalanda Open University?
Ans: Nalanda Open University comes with an excellent and affordable fee package. It also provides quality study material if at a distance level.
Q2: Does Nalanda Open University offer any scholarships for its students?
Ans: No, the university does not have any scholarships. The main reason is that its fee is already very less and affordable for everyone. Moreover, there is an extra fee concession of 25% for females.
Q3: I have completed my degree in distance learning from Nalanda Open University. Can I apply for UPSC?
Ans: It is because UPSC requires a degree from a recognized board. So yes, you can!
- Address: 2nd/3rd Floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna 800 001, BIHAR
- Contact Number: 0612-2201013,0612-2206916
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source: Official Website
Be the first to leave a review.