Nalanda Open University Admission 2021-22: NOU is situated in the city of Patna, in Bihar, India. The university was established in the year 1987. The university has successfully secured approval from the university grants commission. The candidates are offered many degree programs and courses at the UG & PG level of education.
The university offers BA, BSc & B.Com at the UG level, and at the PG level, there is a choice to opt for MA, MSc, M.Com & MBA degree programs. The candidates can apply for admissions based on their choice i.e they can apply virtually or physically. The university admits the candidates in all the courses on the basis of marks scored by them in qualifying exams except for B.ED and Ph.D. because entrance test takes place for the grant of admissions.
|Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Diploma Course||Management Courses|
|Paramedical Courses||Distance Courses|
|IGNOU July Admission||PHD Admission|
- 11 June 2021: NOU issues notice for university Office instructions and updates related to covid-19 and contact online mode for any update regarding university. Click here for more details.
|Important Events:||Date of:||Dates (Tentative):|
|DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION||Tentative||June 2021|
|Registration for UG course||Last date||Sep 2021|
|Registration for PG Courses||Last date||Sep 2021|
|Nalanda Open University More Info|
|About University||Nalanda Open University|
|Application Form||Nalanda Open University Application Form|
|Fee Structure||Nalanda Open University Fee Structure|
|Distance Education||Nalanda Open University Distance Education|
Nalanda Open University Admission Highlights 2021-22:
|University Name||Nalanda Open University|
|Approval||University Grants Commission (UGC), DEB|
Nalanda Open University UG & PG Eligibility:
Nalanda Open University (NOU) is the only University presenting distance training in Bihar. It became established in 1987 under the Bihar authorities’ ordinance.
- Intermediate: Intermediate applicants will show their matric certificate.
- BA: BA candidates will provide their intermediate certificate in any stream.
- B.Sc: B.Sc candidates will come with their intermediate certificate with science subjects.
- BLIS (Bachelor of Library and Information sciences): BLIS candidates will come with a graduation degree in their hands.
- B.Com: B.Com candidates must have done their intermediate in any stream.
- BCA: For BCA candidates, Mathematics and Computer is a must to have read in their intermediate.
- BBA: BBA candidates should have done their intermediate in any stream.
- BEd: BEd candidates should have two years of experience in teaching. They should have also secured 45% marks in their bachelor’s degree.
Arts Courses Admission
BA SOCIOLOGY BA HISTORY BA HINDI BA POLITICAL SCIENCE BA GEOGRAPHY MA BA EDUCATION MA POLITICAL SCIENCE BA ECONOMICS MA HISTORY BA ENGLISH
Commerce Courses Admission
B.COM B.COM COMPUTER APPLICATIONS M.COM
Other Course Admission P.HD / M.PHIL/ DIPLOMA / PG / BPP / ENGINEERING COURSE B. TECH / M TECH/ DIPLOMA LLB, BA LLB D PHARMA , B PHARMA
candidates can also apply for the PG diploma course. For which they will need a bachelor’s degree. The duration of the diploma is one year. The diploma’s total charges are 5500. Other PG courses and eligibility is as follows:
- M.Com: M.Com candidates should have done B.Com.
- MCA: MCA candidates should have done BCA or B.Sc in Computer Science. They can also apply with a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics.
- MJMC: MJMC candidates will apply after having a bachelor’s degree.
- MLIS: MLIS candidates should have their BLIS degree
- MSc: Candidates for M.Sc will come with a B.Sc degree.
- MA: MA candidates can apply after completing their BA.
All the courses will come with a 25% fee concession for females only.
Nalanda Open University Application Form 2021-22:
- The admission and application process at Nalanda Open University admission is simple to follow. Any eligible candidate with the minimum required marks can apply for the university with the course of his choice. Application forms along with the prospectus are available on the University campus for the nominal fees of Rs 450.00.
- Students can buy the prospectus from the sales office of the University or order it by sending a DD of Rs 450.00 to the Nalanda Open University, Patna, Bihar. The University does not accept money orders or postal orders in that manner. The DD should be drawn in favor of Nalanda Open University payable at Patna.
- Nalanda Open University Admission Candidates can apply in both offline and online modes.
Offline Process: Candidates will purchase the prospectus and application form from the university. They will have to pay Rs 400 on the university’s demand. Then they will fill in all the required information along with the required documents and submit the course fee.
Online Process: Candidates will visit the official website of the university. Then they will click on the registration option. They will pay the application fee, which is Rs 450. After that, fill in the application form and attach all the necessary documents and the application fee receipt as well. In the end, take a printout of the form. Submit it to the university.
How to Apply?
- Once the student has bought the Application form, read the instruction on the form for filling it correctly.
- The form is designed with the box print information. The aspirant will have to fill in the letters in the box.
- An incomplete application will not be accepted at the University, hence fill in the complete and correct information.
- Students cannot apply for more than one course at the university at one time.
- Documents required with the admission form-
- Two-color passport size photographs.
- Attested copy of Marksheet of the qualifying exam
- Caste certificate copy, if applicable.
- If the candidate is applying for B.Ed, then all the required documents will be necessary, as mentioned in the form.
- Caste certificate and matriculation certificate along with marks sheet.
- Candidates will need their marks sheet of the qualifying examination for verification.
- Passport-sized photographs.
- Fee receipts.
Placements and Facilities
- The University does not offer any placement services directly to the students. However, they put students through placement agencies that can guide the student through the journey.
- The University campus is open for the students who have scheduled classes and lab timings. The campus has state-of-the-art computer labs and libraries where students can study and gaining an education.
- Along with the courses and degrees, the university also offers special facilities to a special group of students who are elderly people, military personnel, people from remote areas, and other groups.
- The course material is designed for the people who enroll in the University, keeping in mind that they from rural, agricultural, industrial, and commercial backgrounds so that they understand the course and study with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Why should I prefer Nalanda Open University?
Ans: Nalanda Open University comes with an excellent and affordable fee package. It also provides quality study material if at a distance level.
Q2: Does Nalanda Open University offer any scholarships for its students?
Ans: No, the university does not have any scholarships. The main reason is that its fee is already very less and affordable for everyone. Moreover, there is an extra fee concession of 25% for females.
Q3: I have completed my degree in distance learning from Nalanda Open University. Can I apply for UPSC?
Ans: It is because UPSC requires a degree from a recognized board. So yes, you can!
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th