Pharmacy Courses After 12th: You have finished your 12th class? Now, you are going to choose the best degree for your career that gives you benefit in both terms of income and the right career. Let’s talk about what is Pharmacy? What are pharmacy courses after 12th and why to join it as a career? Generally, it is thought that pharmacy is a medical store or Chemist where medicines are prepared or are sold. But academically and professionally, pharmacy is distinct as the division of science that deals with the preparation, doses, provisioning and special effects of medicines.
|Course Level||Undergraduate, Doctorate|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance Examinations|
|Average Salary||INR 3-5 LPA|
|Course Fee||Around INR 4-5 LPA|
|Eligibility||Class XII with 55-60% with Science subjects. D Pharma (For lateral entry into the second year of B Pharm)|
|Full-Form||Bachelor in Pharmacy|
A pharmacist is a person with sufficient knowledge of pharmacy or practices pharmacy. He has more knowledge about medicines as well as their composition, effects and physical and chemical properties. He can advise, counsel and recommend medicine to the patients. On the other hand, they are not medical doctors and cannot diagnose and operate upon the patients.
Why Choose the Study of Pharmacy Courses?
Here know the profit of deciding the study of pharmacy in detail. First of all is that you have a chance to study different subject and have essential knowledge regarding Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, and also have a general idea of functional subjects like Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics, Medicinal Chemistry, Clinical Pharmacy, and Biochemistry, etc.
However, B. Pharm opens a door to open various career options and higher studies as well. So don’t be late to make a decision for the study for your career.
Several students of B.Pharm failed to clear their entrance test and go in other fields so stick to your desire career of Bio-Medical Engineering.
Bio-Medical Engineering keeps you close to the study of pharmacy when you could not fulfill your dream of becoming a doctor of your choice.
The students who are interested in joining counselling and want to have interaction with patients, they should go into Clinical Pharmacy. You can also become a Railway Pharmacist. Furthermore, there are many other opportunities for Pharmaceutical industries like food, FMCG, IT, Healthcare, Academia, and the government sector.
Benefits Of Doing Pharmacy Courses
- Pharmacy courses provide high paying jobs in the field of the pharmacy industry.
- You can get good opportunities to grow yourself under the umbrella of the benefits provided by pharmacy courses.
- In the field of Bio-Medical Sciences, medical research can become an interesting one. If you find yourself in a fix to choose Bio-Medical Engineering or Medicine so, prefer the Pharmacy because choosing this you can enjoy both of the fields.
Eligibility Criteria For Doing Pharmacy Courses
So, let’s discuss the criteria for joining pharmacy courses after 12th that make you eligible. You are required to have these combinations of subjects.
- You should have studied PCB means Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Candidates can have Mathematics instead of Biology with the above-mentioned combination means PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)
- PCMB Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology combination can also make you eligible.
You can do different pharmacy courses having the above-mentioned combinations. You can do D.Pharm means a Diploma in Pharmacy, at the bachelor level the candidates do B.Pharm, they should have studied the science subjects i.e Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or English and Biology. Therefore, to do M.Pharm (Master of Pharmacy) the candidates should have a B.Pharm degree approved by PCI (Pharmacy Council of India.
D.Pharm (Diploma in Pharmacy):
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 5,0000 to 3 Lacs|
- The duration of this course is two years with an internship of three months and the subjects required to be studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics.
- Once you completed the diploma you can practice in a pharmacy store and after getting the experience you can easily open your pharmacy shop.
- Keep remembering one thing that this diploma only gives you the fundamental concepts, not any specialization.
B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy):
|Eligibility||10+2 with 55-60% with Science subjects.|
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 80000 to 3 Lacs|
- This is an undergraduate course with a duration of four years and has equal requirements like D.Pharm, B.Pharm opens numerous opportunities for a better career both in government and personal business sectors.
- So, the only thing you need to check is the approved and recognized colleges or institutions by PCI and AICTE.
- You should know the difference between B.Pharm and Pharm.D that make you easy to decide which is good for your career.
What to choose in Pharm.D and B.Pharm?
- The students, who are doing their 12th class, do not need to be confused between B.Pharm as well as Pharm.D because this article is going to make you clear the difference in them.
- The structure of Pharm.D is designed for those who are interested in building their career in a hospital or clinical pharmacy.
- It is up to you to decide, through Pharm.D, you can build a traditional pharmacist career than the B.Pharm because it only gives you the disclosure to go in the study, excellence control and marketing.
The Essential Skills for Pharmacology:
- Some personal qualities are required, make you a victorious pharmacist, have a love for science especially and medicines as well.
- You need to be diligent and have physically powerful rational thinking, persistence, a responsible attitude.
- A pharmacist must have counseling skills to guide a patient. Good communication skills also help the person to grow in his career.
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) is a two years program for specialization. You should have a B.Pharm degree to enter in M.Pharm.
India’s Top Most Pharmacy Colleges:
To give your search an end, here we have listed some top colleges that are ranking upon different Indian websites. Go through the list and make the right choice of college for Pharmacy courses after 12th.
- Punjab university institute of Pharmaceutical science(Chandigarh)
- Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi
- M.College of Pharmacy in Ahmedabad
- Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy in Bangalore
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences in Manipal
- Institute of Chemical Technology in Mumbai
- Nirma university institute of Pharmacy Ahmedabad
- JSS College of Pharmacy in Mysore
- Nagpur university department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- NIPER in Kolkata, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Raebareli, Guwahati and Hajipur
Pharmacy Courses after 12th are the studies that give you a good kind of opportunities to excel in the selected career. No doubt that Pharmacy is splendid as well as rewarding filed in both terms of money and respect. In last, it is a noble profession in order to serve mankind and your society too.
More Courses After 12th
- Photography Courses After 12th
- Courses after 12th AVIATION
- Courses after 12th MASS COMMUNICATIONS
- Home Science Courses After 12th
- Courses after 12th VOCATIONAL COURSES
- Interior Design Courses After 12th
- Optometry Courses After 12th
- Travel and Tourism Courses After 12th
- Nursing Courses After 12th
- Fire and Safety Courses After 12th
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2020-21|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th