Ph.D. Admission | Course Eligibility, Fee, Syllabus, Entrance Exam, Career: All over India, there are many universities are offering Ph.D. programs to students. Ph.D. stands for doctor of philosophy. in the past few people adopt the study of Ph.D. but nowadays most people want to get this degree because of its importance and advantages.
If we talk about the highest education, the Ph.D. will come to everyone’s mind, which we call Doctor of Philosophy, it is the highest degree in India. People do a Ph.D. for a specific subject, and then they research on it And now in India Ph.D. course is available in part-time and full-time both. Those who do the job and want to continue Ph.D. then opt for Part-Time.
What is all About Ph.D.?
it is a researched-based degree and one can do a Ph. D. in almost all courses such as Law, Sciences, Mathematics, and many others. The students who want to pursue Admission in distinct disciplines of Ph.D. can do it by two methods either they can take full-time Admission or part-time Admission. Ph.D. is about research and philosophy in any specific field of interest. It focuses on research and experimental works.
The doctor of Philosophy. This is a PG course and could be completed in a minimum of 03 years and a maximum of 05 years. It is offered in numerous institutes of India in different streams. The main focus of P.hD courses is on research and academics. The P.hD holders can get a job in universities and other educational institutes as professors and Ast: Professors etc.
Ph.D. Admission 2021-2022
- The entrance process for the Ph.D. Admission has started for the year 2021-2022. Those who are interested in getting Admission to the Ph.D. program can visit the website of the university in which they are interested in an entry. Job opportunities increase a lot after doing a Ph.D. and more importance is given to students who have a Ph.D. degree. The value of a Ph.D. degree is considered not only in India but also abroad it has many benefits.
- The admissions of P.hD are granted on the basis of score secured in the entrance exam as well as performance in personal interviews conducted.
- A program that is designed for the student that has already done their undergraduate and post-graduate training is named as Ph.D. Ph.D. is an advanced research qualification consisting up of research work and course work.
- The structure of a Ph.D. involves pedagogy, course work, qualifying exams, thesis work, research training proposals. The performance of the students is evaluated during all the sem.’s in each stage of the plan.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
Ph.D. Admission Eligibility Criteria
There are different criteria for entry in different universities however the basic criteria remain the same. Those who want to get Admission to Ph.D. programs in India’s university should have to meet the following criteria.
- In some universities, Admission is granted in Ph.D. to the students who have done their Master’s with a minimum 55% aggregate from a recognized university.
- In some universities, those candidates who have passed their MPhil with a specific percentage are eligible to apply for admission to that university.
- For some getting Admission to some of the top-ranking universities, the candidates should have passed the National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET) which is conducted by NTA.
- That candidate who wants to get Admission to the Ph.D. program in engineering can apply for Admission if they have valid scores in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- In some universities entrance exam is conducted for the candidates while in other interviews and entrance exams both are considered for granting Admission to the applicants.
- In India, there are some other tests that one can take to get Admission.
Ph.D. Application Form 2021-22
The given below are the summarized details of the process of getting admission to the universities of India for a Ph.D. Every university has a different process but the basics are the same. Following is the procedure to follow to get entry. The universities are accepting application forms online and offline both but some are accepting only online application forms.
- To apply to the desired university first visit its official website
- After reaching the official website read the procedure and requirements for entry carefully
- If you met the criteria then apply for entry
- Before you get the application form on your screen you have to register yourself at the university official website
- For getting register you have to give your basic information such as name, email address, phone number and then click on the register
- After registration click on apply now
- You have to attach scanned documents required by the university
- Previous education certificates are also required to attach with the application
- On the official website, you will get information about the application fee
- The fee can be paid online through the method mention on the application form of the university to which you are applying.
- You have to give all the necessary details mentioned in the application form
- You have to attach attested photographs of the required size.
- After filing the form check if any column is left empty fill it with suitable detail.
- Submit the application form online
- After submission, you will get a password for your ID created on the students portal
You can use this password for checking the details and any information about the entrance exam.
Some important documents that are required for Admission in Ph.D. are enlisted below:
- Passport size pictures
- Admission form
- B-form or Identity card
- Result card of entrance exam
- Marksheet and certificate of previous qualifications
Scope and Future
- You will be a Scientist or Researcher, or professor in a university.
- You have a degree of Doctorate and also no time bar to complete the thesis.
- Internal happiness is to do something different from others that make you unique that before, nobody researched for that.
- During the whole journey, you will be a keen learner, observer, excellent speaker, and thinker, changing how we look at life.
Ph.D. Specializations, Eligibility & Fee:
|Offered courses||Fee||Their Eligibility criteria|
|PH.D. ACTUARIAL SCIENCE||Range from 10,000 to 20,000||Mphil / MA/ MSC ACTUARIAL SCIENCE|
|PH.D. BIOCHEMISTRY||Range from 10,000 to 21,548||Mphil / MA/ MSC BIOCHEMISTRY|
|PH.D. BIOLOGY||Range from 10,000 to 20,001||Mphil / MA/ MSC BIOLOGY|
|PH.D. BOTANY||Range from 10,000 to 21,549||Mphil / MA/ MSC BOTANY|
|PH.D. CARDIOVASCULAR TECHNOLOGY||Range from 10,000 to 20,002||Mphil / MA/ MSC CARDIOVASCULAR TECHNOLOGY|
|PH.D. CHEMISTRY||Range from 10,000 to 21,550||Mphil / MA/ MSC CHEMISTRY|
|PH.D. COMPUTER SCIENCE||Range from 10,000 to 20,003||Mphil / MA/ MSC COMPUTER SCIENCE|
|PH.D. DATA SCIENCE||Range from 10,000 to 21,551||Mphil / MA/ MSC DATA SCIENCE|
|PH.D. ECONOMICS||Range from 10,000 to 20,004||Mphil / MA/ MSC ECONOMICS|
|PH.D. ELECTRONICS||Range from 10,000 to 21,552||Mphil / MA/ MSC ELECTRONICS|
|PH.D. FILM DESIGNING & TV PRODUCTION||Range from 10,000 to 20,005||Mphil / MA/ MSC FILM DESIGNING & TV PRODUCTION|
|PH.D. LIFE SCIENCES||Range from 10,000 to 21,553||Mphil / MA/ MSC LIFE SCIENCES|
|PH.D. MATHEMATICS||Range from 10,000 to 20,006||Mphil / MA/ MSC MATHEMATICS|
|PH.D. PHYSICAL SCIENCES||Range from 10,000 to 21,554||Mphil / MA/ MSC PHYSICAL SCIENCES|
|PH.D. PHYSICS||Range from 10,000 to 20,007||Mphil / MA/ MSC PHYSICS|
|PH.D. SOCIAL SCIENCES||Range from 10,000 to 21,555||Mphil / MA/ MSC SOCIAL SCIENCES|
|PH.D. STATISTICS||Range from 10,000 to 20,008||Mphil / MA/ MSC STATISTICS|
Famous University Of India Offering Ph.D. Course
- AIIMS, NEW DELHI
- AMITY SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
- INSTITUTE OF MICROBIAL TECHNOLOGY
- CHANDIGARH UNIVERSITY
- MMU, Ambala
- SRM UNIVERSITY, SONIPAT
- JAMIA MILLIA ISLAMIA
Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2021-2022
Different universities conduct and accept different exams for Admission to the university. There is a list of some entrance exams conducted all over the country for granting Admission.
- IBAB Entrance Test (M.Sc)
- Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) for PhD
- National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) for Integrated M.Sc
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
- UGC NET EXAM
- OSMANIA UNIVERSITY Ph.D. ENTRANCE EXAM
- CSIR-UGC NET EXAM
- The UNIVERSITY OF HYDERABAD Ph.D. ENTRANCE EXAM
- TIFR GRADUATE SCHOOL Admission ENTRANCE TEST
- DBT JRF BIOTECH ENTRANCE TEST
- JAMIA HAMDARD NEW DELHI Ph.D. Admission TEST
- OSMANIA UNIVERSITY Ph.D. ENTRANCE EXAM
- AIMA Ph.D. ENTRANCE EXAM
- ISM DHANBAD Ph.D. Admission TEST
- BARC Ph.D. Admission TEST
- NMIMS UNIVERSITY MUMBAI Ph.D. ENTRANCE EXAM
- KURUKSHETRA UNIVERSITY Ph.D. ENTRANCE EXAM
- JNU Ph.D. ENTRANCE EXAM
- NIPER Ph.D. ENTRANCE EXAM
There are many other entrance exams conducted all over the country for granting Admission. You can check the entrance exam from the official website of the desired university.
Disciplines OF Ph.D.
Some of the disciplines that are offered for Ph.D. in India are enlisted below :
- Physics electronics
- Renewable energy
- Physical education
- Women studies
- Rural development
- Political sciences
- Social work
- Pollution control
- Sports sciences
- Labor and social welfare
- Medicine plants
- Intellectual property rights
- Sustainable developments
- Technology policy
- Library sciences
- Mass communication
- Hospital administration
- Indian diaspora
- Peace studies
- Environment sciences
- Human rights
- Business administration
Ph.D. Admit Card
When your application has been submitted and it has been accepted you can find you admit card from the official page of the university and you can get the information about the entrance exam date, examination center, and modes of examination from your login area. Some universities take online exams whereas some universities take offline exams. In some universities, an interview is taken for Admission. University allows an admit card to the candidates on the official site of the university.
candidates should have to print out this admit card. The candidates should have to report to the allotted exam center on a specific date along with the admit card. candidates should not be allowed to enter the exam hall and to give the entrance exam without the admit card allotted by the university.
Entrance Exam Pattern
The pattern of Ph.D. entry exams consists of two parts generally. The two parts are described below:
- PART A – Research aptitude ( Research Aptitude consists of sections of language proficiency, numerical ability, and logical reasoning )
- PART B – Subject-specific (subject-specific parts contains the technical questions related to the specific subject for which the pupil has applied)
Preparation Tips For Ph.D.
Some tips for better training for the entrance exams in Ph.D. are given below
- Visit the official site of the uni and check the official syllabus
- Prepare all the topics fully from the official syllabus given on the official website of the uni
- Test your abilities by offline and online fitting tests
- Get the past papers and sample papers from the official site of the university
- Solve the past papers and sample papers for better training for exams
- After studying the topics make short notes and daily revise them
- If you are unable to make short notes get them from your colleagues or get them from bookshops
RESULT OF ENTRANCE EXAMS
The result of the entrance exam for admission for a Ph.D. will be announced through online mode. The result will be put up on the official site of the unis. The result contains the marks got by the candidates in the entrance exam and the pass/fail status of the pupils. The candidates who will qualify for entry will be called to the uni or institute for further counseling processes and the allotment of the seats to the pupils. After it, students will be given the fee bills for entry.
CUT-OFF Marks For Ph.D.
For the qualification of the entry exams for the entry in Ph.D. the student must have to obtain cut-off marks. Cut-off marks will also be put up by online modes along with the results of the pupils. The cut-off marks for entry in Ph.D. for all the unis will be put up on the official site of the uni along with the result of the pupils. candidates can check for the cut-off marks for entry in Ph.D. for all universities on their official site. Cut-off marks will be the min. marks decided by the admin. dept. of the uni which the students have to acquire for entry. The pupil must have to obtain equal marks to cut-off marks or marks more than cut-off marks to be eligible for entry in Ph.D. courses in various unis
Ph.D. Admission Counseling Process
After qualifying for the entrance exams for the Ph.D., the qualifying candidates will be called for the counseling process. The counseling process will take place offline. It will be done at the regional centers of the universities.
Many sessions of counseling will take place for Admission to Ph.D. courses. The Admission will be granted as per the merit list.
The candidates will have to submit an entry form, result card passport size pictures, identity documents, and other docs at the university during the counseling process. The candidates will have to report to the allotted institution for the approval of the seat in the given period. Otherwise, the seat will be allotted to other candidates.
Ph.D. Admission Merit List
The entry into the Ph.D. courses in a university will be based upon the merit list. A merit list is the earned marks criteria for entry in Ph.D. courses. To get an entry in Ph.D. courses in a uni a pupil would have to meet the criteria of earned marks.
The merit list for entry will be uploaded to the official websites of the uni. Merit list confirms the entry of a pupil in the Ph.D. courses in a university. There will be various merit lists put up and put up by the uni one after the other. The candidates can download or see the merit list for the approval of their Admission to the university for Ph.D. courses.
Top Ph.D. Universities in India
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th