PhD Botany Admission 2023-24: PhD in Botany is a high-level doctoral course with 3 years of duration. In this course, students learn about Plant Taxonomy and Embryology, Genetics and Plant Breeding, Plant Ecology and Phytogeography, Microbial Diversity and Gymnosperms. Students analyse the plant growth and interactions with other living organisms.
- Eligibility: Candidates for the PhD in Botany programme must have a postgraduate or master’s degree in the relevant field of study and a GPA of 55 percent or higher. SC and ST applicants should also have a 50 percent or higher grade point average.
- Admission Process: The Doctor of Phyloshophy in Botany admission based on the performance of a candidate in the entrance exam.
- Entrance Exams: GATE, UGC NET, DBT, CSIR NET, JNU PhD Entrance, AIIMS PhD Entrance, etc.
- Duration: The duration of Ph.D. Botany program is 3 to 5 years.
- University/Colleges: PhD Botany programmes are available at a number of prestigious universities. Admission is determined by an admissions test and an interview. Entrance exams such as the DBT, UGC NET, and CSIR NET are all available.
- Shingania University has announced the date for the admission entrance exam for Ph.D. Botany SURET. That will conduct on 5 March 2023. Click here
- Admission for Ph.D. The botany programme will start soon in various universities for the 2023 academic session.
- Christ University will commence admission in august 2023 (tentative) for the Ph.D. botany course.
PhD Botany Admission Highlights
|Course Name||PhD Botany|
|Admission Process||Based on short-listed candidates’ performance in the round of interviews.|
|Full-Form of PhD Botany||Doctor Of Philosophy in Botany|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 1.5 to 6 lacs per annum|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 20,000 to 8 Lacs|
PhD Botany Admission 2023-24
Doctor of Philosophy or Ph.D. Botany admissions are now open at various Indian universities. Botany is the study of plants. In this degree, the applicant does research and experimentation on plants to learn about their many varieties, anatomy, and so on. The individual earns a doctor of plants after completing this degree.
Students seeking for this Ph.D. programme must have completed an MPhil or equivalent degree from a UGC-recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks. PhD admissions are based on written entrance tests and interviews performed by universities at the state level or inside the institute.
PhD Botany Admission Fее Structure
The minimum course fees charged for the PhD Botany program are 20K and may reach 08 lahks. It may be changed according to university demand.
Eligibility Criteria For Botany Ph.D. Programs
Candidates having a Master’s degree in Botany and its related field are eligible to apply to this program. The 50% mark aggregate is the minimum aggregate required for admission.
Entrance Exams of Ph.D. Botany Admission
Many institutes in India commences Ph.D. Botany Admission through several research national level test. The following standard entrance tests have occurred for admissions to Ph.D. Botany.
- CSIR NET
- UGC NET
- AIIMS Ph.D. Entrance Test
- Anna University CFR Ph.D. Entrance Test
- IIT Guwahati Ph.D. Entrance Test: It is a National level entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati to offer admission to the Ph.D. programme to eligible candidates.
- JNU Ph.D. Entrance: It is the national-level CBT entrance test conducted by JNU to offer admission to the Ph.D. programme including Ph.D. Botany. The final merit list of the JNU Ph.D. is based on the 70% weightage of the entrance exam score and the 30% weightage of Viva Voc.
Such postgraduates can avail of a salary of about INR 1.5 to 06 lakh annually. The salary of a student who has completed a PhD degree in Botony depends on the specialization that the student chooses. Some factors that affect the salary are experience, industry, roles, location, etc. Students can get promoted to the higher post after having a good experience and they receive a hike of 20 percent to 40 percent.
Scope of Ph.D. Botany
A Ph.D. holder in Botany can build a great career in various fields such as Soil and Plant scientists, biophysicists and Biochemists, Biological technicians, Environmental Scientists and Specialists, mycologists, Plant breeders, and horticulturists. A botanist observes and manages fossils, living plants, and their relationship with the natural world. Among the specializations in the discipline are taxonomy, physiology, and anatomy of plants.
Syllabus For Ph.D. Botany
|Research Methodology||Taxonomy, Biodiversity & Conservation|
|Research Proposal||Recent advances in Ecology|
|Recent advances in Plant Physiology||Trends in Biotechnology|
|Recent advances in Mycology and Plant Pathology||–|
Types of Cоurѕе
PhD Botany is a full-time research-based program.
PhD Botany is not offered in part-time modes.
Suggested University for PhD Botany Admission
|Kazi Nazrul University Admission||State University|
|Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology Admission||State University|
|Netaji Subhash Open University Admission||State University|
|Presidency University Admission||State University|
|Rabindra Bharati University Admission||State University|
Be the first to leave a review.