Ravenshaw University Admission 2021: Founded in 1868, Ravenshaw University is the oldest institution of higher education in the state of Odisha. It operates in numerous courses under faculties like humanities, arts, commerce, management, journalism, science, etc. In most of the programs, the university offers admission over the performance in higher secondary or equivalent.
This university provides a total of 25 UG courses and 33 PG courses which are taught in its nine schools and 26 departments. RU offered UG and PG courses are BSc, B.Com, BA, BBA, MSc, M.Com, MA, M.Phil, and Ph.D. In addition to these degree courses, RU has a command over offering diplomas, certificates, and integrated programs.
UG and PG courses also provide PG diplomas and integrated certificate courses. The admissions are based on the performance shown by the candidate in the entrance exam. RU accepts various entrance exams like GATE, SLET, OJEE, and NET. Few courses are also offered based on merit. The most popular methods to be studied are BBA, MBA, MCom and MA, etc.
- Ravenshaw University has uploaded the admission schedule for M.Phil & Ph.D session 2021-22. The Date for Viva-voce Test is 12 November 2021. (Source)
Ravenshaw University Admission Highlights
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Name||Ravenshaw University|
|Short Name of University||RU|
|Admission Process||Entrance/Merit Based|
|Admission Mode||Online & Offline|
|Type of University||Autonomous University|
|Last Date to Apply||Soon Announced|
|Recognized/Affiliated by||NAAC, UGC|
|Ravenshaw University||Ravenshaw University Application Form|
|Ravenshaw University Admission||Ravenshaw University Fee structure|
Ravenshaw University Admission 2021-22
The Ravenshaw University initiated the application form for admission in Mphil & Ph.D. programs and invited candidates to fill application form till 20.10.2021. Through the official release, the university began the admission process for these programs last month on 30.09.2021 with a fee of INR 1500 (excluding the bank charges).
This university has different UG courses such as BA, B.Sc, B.Com., BBA, MBA, etc. Students must have qualified 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate without including the effects of optional subjects in relevant discipline from a recognized board to apply for admission. There is a 5%-mark relaxation facility for SC/ST candidates as per the regulations.
- Aspirants may take admissions in BA, BBA, JMC through qualifying the Higher secondary or 10+2 with at least 50 % marks. The admission will be processed on merit.
- For admission in BCOM, aspirants will need to have passing marks of 50 % in aggregate and 40 % in English in higher secondary or 10+2. The admission will be processed on merit.
- BSC admission will be available over the qualification of the candidates in the higher secondary or 10+2 with at least 50 % marks having subject mathematics. The admission will be processed on merit.
- The three-year engineering diploma is accessible with at least 50 % marks from an institution recognized by the state council of technical education and vocational training, Odisha. The admission will be processed on merit.
- The selection process for Postgraduate courses shall go through students’ academic management systems (SAMS) organized by the department of higher education, the government of Odisha.
- Those who qualify for the entrance test will get shortlisted by the university for postgraduate admission.
Ravenshaw University UG Admission
BSc (Hons): The eligibility for this course is 50% marks aggregate in 10+2 (for SC 45%) education. Admission is based on merit.
B.Com: Eligibility is 12th Standard education completed, and admission is merit-based.
BA (Hons): The education should be passed in 10+2 classes with 50% (45% for SC). Merit-based admissions are offered.
BBA: 10+2 passed with 50% and 45% for SC is eligibility and admission granted on the merit of 10+2 class education score.
BSc (ITM): Bachelor of Science Information Technology & Management is a professional level bachelor level course. Those students who have done class 12 with science stream scored a minimum of 50% of marks in their scorecards. If the applicants have completed a 3 years diploma from any State Council of Technical Education and Vocational Training, Odisha can apply for the course.
Ravenshaw University PG Admission
MSc: B.Sc Graduates with at least 55% marks in relevant fields from a recognized university can apply. There is a 5%-mark relaxation facility for SC/ST candidates as per the regulations.
M.Com: Students with a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to apply. There is a 5%-mark relaxation facility for SC/ST candidates as per the regulations.
MA: BA graduates with not less than 55% marks in the relative field from a recognized university can apply. There is a 5%-mark relaxation facility for SC/ST candidates as per the regulations.
MCA: Undergraduate students with a minimum of 55% marks and strong computer backgrounds can apply.
MBA: Students must have a qualified Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized organization to apply for admission.
MPhil: Students who have a Postgraduate degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 55 % marks from a recognized college are eligible to apply.
Ravenshaw University PhD Admission
Ravenshaw University offers PhD in various courses.There are limited seats for each course. The university opens online admission every year generally in the month of May. The university grants admission after passing the entrance exam that is also followed by the personal interview. Those students who are having the GATE/ NET/INSPIRE fellowship do not need to to attempt any exam. Students should have qualified Postgraduate with a minimum of 55% marks or MPhil in relevant subjects from a recognized institution to apply.
- PhD in Botany: Those students who have completed their MSc in Botany and want to study further to complete their research such students choose to pursue the PhD course. The students can confirm the admission by clearing the entrance exam and the personal Interview.
- PhD in Zoology
- PhD in Chemistry
- PhD in Economics
- PhD in English
- PhD in Geology
- PhD in Hindi
- PhD in History
- PhD in Mathematics
- PhD in Statistics
- PhD in Philosophy
- PhD in Psychology
- PhD in Sociology
Ravenshaw University Admission 2021 Last Date
|Online admission for UG course Starts from||5 August 2021 (closed)|
|Online admission for UG course ends on||4 September 2021 (closed)|
|Submission of application fee for all UG courses||3 September 2021 (closed)|
|Provisional of BEd Merit List||15 September 2021 (closed)|
|BSc, BCom, BA Merit list date||11 September 2021 (closed)|
Ravenshaw University Eligibility
For various programmes eligibility differs, below we offer some basic requirements which need for admission.
|MBA||BBA or any bachelor degree with three years duration|
|MCA||BCA or any relevant bachelor degree|
|BA||10+2 or equivalent|
|BCOM||10+2 or equivalent|
|BSC||10+2 with specific subjects|
Ravenshaw University Application Form Process 2021
Students who are seeking admission to Ravenshaw University can apply only in online mode. Follow these steps to apply.
- Students can apply for admission only in online mode at Ravenshaw University
- They have to visit the official website of the college to get the prospectus and application forms
- There is no option of offline form submission facilities
- Visit the official website of this Raven’s haw institution
- Fill up the application form with the necessary details
- Pay your application fees through net banking/credit card/debit card
- Attach the scanned photos of required documents
- Submit the application form
- Save the application number for future
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 10+2-mark sheet and certificate
- Degree mark sheets and certificates
- Proof of date of birth
- Proof of permanent address
Ravenshaw University UG Admission 2021 Merit List
Ravenshaw University released the merit list for various UG courses; Applicants can check their name visit their official website https://eravenshaw.in/notice.html. Those candidates, who get their name on the merit list, have to check the counseling schedule, report to the University.
Ravenshaw University PG Courses
|MSc||Statistics||BSc + 55%|
|MSc||Physics||B.Sc + 55%|
|MSc||Mathematics||B.Sc + 55%|
|MSc||ITM||B.Sc + 55%|
|MSc||Geology||B.Sc + 55%|
|MSc||ETC||B.Sc + 55%|
|MSc||Computer Science||B.Sc + 55%|
|MSc||Chemistry||B.Sc + 55%|
|MSc||Botany||B.Sc + 55%|
|MSc||Biotechnology||B.Sc + 55%|
|MSc||Applied Geography||B.Sc + 55%|
Ravenshaw University MPhil & Ph.D. Courses
|MPhil||Zoology||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Women’s Studies||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Statistics||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Sociology||PG + 55%|
|PhD||Science (Same subjects as MPhil)||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Sanskrit||PG + 55%|
|PhD||Rural Development||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Psychology||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Political Science||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Physics||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Philosophy||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Odia||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Mathematics||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Management||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||International Studies||PG + 55%|
|PhD||Humanities (Same subjects as MPhil)||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||History||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Hindi||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Geology||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||English||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Education||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Economics||PG + 55%|
|PhD||Commerce (Same subjects as MPhil)||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Commerce||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Chemistry||PG + 55%|
|PhD||Business Administration||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Botany||PG + 55%|
|PhD||Biotechnology||PG + 55%|
|MPhil||Applied Geography||PG + 55%|
List of Top Universities in India
Q: Can aspirants in the Ravenshaw University admission apply in offline modes?
Ans: The offline modes are open for all application courses.
Q: What does the aspirant have to check the site for after they applied?
Ans: They should keep a check on the site to check the merit list RU 2021.
Q: Can I apply for the UG course after inter exams?
Ans: Yes, awaiting results, aspirants can also apply.
- Address: College Square, near Railway Station, Cuttack, Odisha 753003, Orissa, India
- Contact No.: 0671-2510060, 0671-2201690
- Email: email@example.com
- Source: Official Website
Be the first to leave a review.