Tamil Nadu Open University Admission 2021: Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) is the first state university that provides distance learning to physically challenged students or cannot go to college regularly due to weak financial conditions. It was established in 2002. UGC and DEB approve this university. TNOU is also a member of the Asian association of open universities and the association of commonwealth universities.
|Tamil Nadu Open University||Tamil Nadu Open University Application Form|
|Tamil Nadu Open University Admission||Tamil Nadu Open University Fee structure|
TNOU provides multiple higher-level education courses such as BBA, B.A., B.Com, B.Sc., M.A, M.Sc, MBA, and MCA ETC. Interested candidates can apply for admissions. Eligible candidates are selected on a merit basis.
- 15 September 2021: TNOU has released a notice regarding tuition fees for all UG courses. All students are advised to pay the tuition fee through an online portal. (Source)
- 15 September 2021: TNOU has opened admission portals for various courses at UG and PG levels. Interested applicants can click here to fill the application form.
Tamil Nadu Open University Highlights
|University Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Diploma Course||Management Courses|
|Paramedical Courses||Distance Courses|
|IGNOU July Admission||PHD Admission|
|Name||Tamil Nadu Open University|
|Established in||2002 as a State University|
|Approved by||UGC, DEB, NCTE, RCI|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Offered Programs||UG, PG certificates, & Diplomas|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Fee submission||Challan/Demand Draft/ online transactions|
|Facilities Available||Library, Medical, Transport, Hostel, Scholarships|
|Email for email@example.com.|
Tamil Nadu Open University Admission 2021-22
- There are three-year educational courses for UG programs, ranking from BCA, BA, B.Com, BBA, to BSc. A two-year Master’s degree program ranks from M.Com, MBA, MA, MCA to even M.Sc.
- The Diploma and Post Graduate courses in Diploma offer you various specializations, while also offering the students vocational and certificate courses.
- As of 2017, the University had 111 distance learning courses or institutions. While in the same year, it offered the aspirants 113 programs at various levels, ranging from postgraduate to even certificates.
- There are also 13 well-known academic schools, whereas five support divisions inside them, the singular center of media, and six hundred plus support centers, shattered across Tamil Nadu. You can apply offline through the official portal.
TNOU Admission 2021 Last Date
|Online UG & PG application starts from||20 August 2021|
|Online UG & PG application closing date||
31 September 2021
Important Key Points for Admission
- It is essential to pass 10+2 exams from a recognizable board for BA, BBA, BSc, B.Com, and BCA courses.
- For courses like M.Sc, M.Com, MA, it is essential to pass the bachelor board. That board must be recognized.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a similar field is a must for MBA course candidates, but that institute should be recognized.
- Minimum marks for MBA required are 50% in the UG degree.
- Through counseling and qualifying exams, final admission for the course is made.
- For the UG, the entry is based on the TNOU BPP or the 10+2; the University takes the TNOU BPP.
- Candidates of 10+2 in the Bachelor’s degree will have to complete the Preparatory Bachelor program to be considered eligible.
- The self-learning stuff, like electronic medium or even print, is provided by the University.
- Counseling, on the other hand, is also conducted by the University, but at various places. They are typically from September to November or March to May.
- Candidates can register for the singular year diploma program and the certificate program, which is meant for six months.
TNOU Admission Eligibility Criteria
The TNOU is offering education in the field of Education, Science, and Management at UG, PG, and Ph.D. levels.
- The B.Com, BA, BBA, and BCA program admissions are offered based on merit in 10+2.
- The TNOU-UG entrance exam qualified students will also be offered admissions to UG programs.
- The admissions in MBA, M.Com, MA, and M.Sc are granted based on an aggregate of the relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- The TNOU-PG entrance exam is also conducted for the admissions of various PG programs.
- The Candidates in the Ph.D. program will be selected based on the written exam and an interview conducted by the University.
TNOU UG & PG Course
|Offered Courses||Fees (1st-year)||Eligibility Criteria|
|BSc||INR 6,000||Only 10+2|
|BBA||INR 3,300||Only 10+2|
|BA||INR 2,200||Also 10+2|
|MBA||INR 50,150||Requires Graduation|
|MA||INR 3,300||Also requires Graduation|
|Diploma||INR 4,200||Also requires Graduation|
|Post Graduate Diploma||INR 9,500||Graduation|
Admission For UG Courses
- The university is offering courses like BBA, BA, BSc, BCA, and B.Com under the level of Under Graduation programs. Furthermore, if you want lateral towards 2-year BCA, then you can also apply it, by simply completing the eligibility criteria.
- The minimum you require for admission in these programs is 10+2 in similar fields. While the students can also go for the BCA program if they have done the diploma from a recognized Polytechnic college.
- If the students are not eligible to apply for these courses, then they can simply go for the TNOU BPP test, which is for six months by the university itself. You can get the university admission form from any study centre, but that centre should be recognized.
UG Course admission key aspects
- The forum is available offline and it is eligible to fill the form and submit it.
- For the courses of BA, BBA, BCA, B.Com, and BSc, the final selection is done solely on merit, which is made by taking the qualifying exam test, followed by an entrance exam test score.
- In case the student doesn’t have any formal qualification or hasn’t done his or her 10+2 exams can simply take admission through another way, which is called the non-formal. The only exception to this is that they should have completed their 21 years of age, by the time they are submitting their application.
- The non-formal ones are required to have BPP, the Bachelor preparatory program of six months.
- For completely getting the Under Graduation completion certificate, the student needs to have a minimum of 35% in the ending of term examination. While, scoring 40% in both the terms, overall.
Admission For PG Courses
- There is also a master’s degree offered by the university in the fields of MCA, MA, MBA, M.Com, and MSc. Whereas moving further, you can get specialization in 18 various programs in these courses. There are various disciplines as well. The minimum requirement for these courses is to have passed the bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate. Both the bachelor’s and the aggregate should be in a related discipline.
- Admission is taken only based on merit, while you can fill the admission form and submit it on the due date. It is also essential to get the forum from a recognized study centre of TNOP
- For TNOU Fee Structure visit here.
PG Course admission key aspects
- The students must register offline for the courses of M.Com, MCA, M.Sc, MBA, and MA.
- Admission forums are available at University study centres.
- The students need to secure 45% end-term exam marks, which is minimum.
- The overall marks should be 50% in both terms, which is a must for having a program completion certificate.
Admission For PG Diploma and Diploma Courses
- Both the full-time Post Graduate diploma and the diploma program is offered by the university. The period of these degrees is only three years for the full time. Whereas, there are also different specializations for these programs.
- The minimum requirement for the courses in Tamil Nadu Open University is Graduation from the university which is recognized or having passed the 10+2.
- For the Post Graduate Diploma Candidates, having either the Master or the Bachelor will have to appear in the entrance exam of the university. It is an eligibility criterion for the MBA courses.
PG Diploma and Diploma Courses admission key aspects
- If the applicant has a degree that is not recognized, then it doesn’t fall into the eligibility criteria, and cannot take admission in the program.
- Under the 10+2+3 study pattern, all those who have passed the exams for qualification are eligible for taking admission in exams.
- The same goes for the 11+2+2 study pattern holders and the 11+1+3, who have passed the qualifying exam.
- It is essential to attest the certified copies of certificates, before the closing period.
TNOU Application Process 2021-22
- The candidates can obtain an Application form from the sale counter or study centre of TNOU.
- The fee is INR 100 perform.
- Read the form carefully and fill in the required details.
- Attach the attested copies of the certificates and photos of the applicant with the form.
- Post the form to the admission office of TNOU.
- By-hand submission is also allowed.
- Click on the official website of TNOU.
- Click on the online admission tab.
- Enter the email id and password for creating your online account.
- After signup, log in to your account and fill in the required detail.
- Submit the form with an online fee.
- The applicant can pay the fee through a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- The online application fee is INR 150.
- Passport size photograph.
- Mark Sheet in support of Date of Birth
- 12 class Mark Sheet
- UG degree (for PG programs).
- Community Certificate.
Q: Are there any Diploma courses available at TNOU Admission 2021?
Ans: Yes, diploma courses at UG and PG levels are open at TNOU.
Q: When can candidates apply for the course admission 2021?
Ans: They can apply for admission in July 2021.
Q: What is the admission form ranging in for the TNOU admission 2021?
Ans: The admission form ranges from INR 250 to INR 1000.
Q: Are PhD courses open at TNOU Admission 2021?
Ans: Yes, various specializations of PhD courses are open at TNOU.
- Address: Tamil Nadu Open University, No 577, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai – 600 015.
- Contact No.: 044-24306645
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: https://tnou.ac.in/
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th