Travel and Tourism Courses After 12: Exploring the world is quite an interesting job. In this job, one gets an opportunity to visit the beautiful places in the world and enjoys life. The modern world is the world of technology. With the advancement of science and technology, the sector of tourism has also become revolutionized. Travelling is such a profession that appeals to the mind of everybody. Many people have the desire to travel. They want to visit different parts of the world. Many people are doing so. Some people take this travelling as an adventure. They travel to the hard and fast areas of the world. Then some people have adopted travelling as a profession. They use to discover the hidden and difficult areas of the world.
|Course Level||Graduate, Diploma, Certificate|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Based on counselling after qualification of entrance test|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 and 15 lacs|
|Course Fee||INR 50,000 to 4 lacs|
|Eligibility||10+2, preferably with Commerce subjects, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
In this modern world where everything has been revolutionized. Science and technology are ruling the world. New areas of study have also been explored. Travelling and tourism are some of them. Now students are also taking great interest in Travel and Tourism courses. They are ready to explore the world.
We are going to discuss some of the travel and tourism courses. Students can get admission in Travel and Tourism courses after 12th. Before going into the details of the travel and tourism courses, let us now take a look at the travel and tourism field
About Traveling and Tourism:
- Travelling is to go from one place to another place for multiple purposes. You may have seen a lot of people travelling to somewhere every day. Some people are travelling for a job.
- Some travel to other cities to meet their family members and some travel to visit different places in the world. For travelling, here we mean, that travelling to explore different areas of the country or the world. As there are many beautiful and stunning places in this world, that’s why everybody has the desire to visit those places.
- Tourism is to visit those places of the world that are beautiful naturally and where people want to go for entertainment, enjoyment and recreation. In this modern world, where science and technology have made the life of people easier, people have enough time to go for tourism to relax their minds.
- There has been seen an immense increase in tourism throughout the world over time. Nowadays it has become a profession.
Scope of Travel and Tourism Courses:
In the past, people did not have many resources to travel and visit different areas and places. The concept of tourism was not present in the mind of the people. Most people did not know much about this field in our country. The exploration of the different areas of the world continued in history. Vasco da Gama travelled and discovered India.
Today is the world of technology and advancement. Travelling and tourism have gained massive progress in the past few years. Many new places have been discovered. The coming generations are ready to visit. People love to see natural places in the world. They feel relax and fresh in the natural scenery. Now travelling and tourism have become a separate field of study.
Scope In Corporate Sector
- In our country travelling and tourism are growing at a rapid rate. Our government is also laying great stress on the development of this sector. Various initiatives have been taken to promote tourism. Travel and tourism have emerged as an industry. This industry is growing rapidly. Needs and demands have increased. Many new companies and firms have been set up. But the qualified staff is lacking. There is an immense need for qualified and skilled staff in these fields.
- In our country various cultural and heritage destinations are being visited by the massive number of people every year. Travel and tourism professionals may help them in arranging accommodation. They may help and guide tourists about the various places and the cultural and historical background of the places. They may also take care of the tourists.
- Not only in our country but in foreign countries also the travel and tourism professionals can perform these above-mentioned duties. They have more opportunities abroad than in our country. They can earn a lot of amounts easily abroad.
- Furthermore, travel and tourism professionals can also get a job in the national or international travel and tourism agencies. They can also get a job at the government tourist information offices, airlines and government-run hotels. The government institutions offer good salaries with other allowances and benefits.
- Moreover, after completing the courses in travel and tourism, one can start one’s own business also. One may set up one’s travel agency or tourism firm and can earn a reasonable amount every month.
- We understand that you would be waiting impatiently for the details of the salary in this field. So as this field is growing and progressing day by day, a lot of opportunities are being created on a daily and monthly basis. Various companies and government sectors are offering great salary packages.
- In the government sector, one can earn more than 50k per month with other allowances and benefits. In private sectors, one may earn more than 30k to 35k per month that is a quite reasonable amount.
List Of Travel and Tourism Courses after 12th.
With the rapid growth and demand in this profession, many governments and private colleges and universities are offering courses on travel and tourism. Presently, in our country, three types of courses are being offered by various universities and colleges.
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses
- Diploma Courses
- Certificate Courses
Bachelor’s Degree Courses:
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 30,000-80,000|
In the bachelor’s degree program various courses and programs are being offered by the number of universities and colleges. These programs include BA and B.SC courses in Travel and Tourism, Hospitality and Travel and Tourism Management, Tourism Studies and Tourism Administration. These programs are job-oriented and promise a very bright and excellent future to the students.
Eligibility For Travel and Tourism Bachelor’s Degree Courses:
- The duration of these Bachelor degree programs is 3 years.
- These programs and courses are of undergraduate level.
- To apply for the bachelor degree program the candidate must have passed 12th with science, commerce and arts as major subjects and minimum marks should be 45%.
- To apply in the bachelor’s degree program the age of the candidate must be 17 years or above.
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 20,000-60,000|
|Duration||1- 2 years|
Diploma courses are equally important and carry the same weightage in regards to making the future of the students in Travel and tourism. The courses also promise a bright future to the students.
There are many universities and colleges in our country that are offering diploma courses in Travel and Tourism, Hospitality and Travel and Tourism Management, Tourism Studies and Tourism Administration.
Eligibility For Travel and Tourism Diploma Courses
The duration of these courses depends on the institutes and nature of courses.
- In some institutions, the duration of the diploma courses in Travel and Tourism is 1 year and some institutes offer 2 years’ diploma courses.
- There are such institutions also that offer the same diploma courses with the duration of even 6 months.
- Candidate must have passed 12th with science, commerce, and arts, and a minimum of 45% marks to apply for this diploma course.
- Candidates with the age of 17 years or above can apply for these diploma courses.
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 10,000-50,000|
Generally, the certificate courses in Travel and Tourism are not given much importance by the students and the education planners and policymakers. But one can apply in these certificate courses to study higher and get extensive knowledge.
Various certificate courses are being offered by multiple universities and colleges. These courses include Travel and Tourism, Travel and Tourism Management, Tour Guide and Tourism Management. The duration of the certificate courses depends on the nature of course and institutions. Many institutions are offering these courses with a duration of 6 months. Some institutes are also offering certificate courses of 1-year duration.
Eligibility For Travel and Tourism Certificate Courses:
- The minimum requirement to apply in these certificate courses is 12th with science or arts.
- Candidate must have passed 12th with minimum of 45% marks.
- Some institutes are offering certificate courses after the 10th.
- The age limit for these courses is 17 years or above.
To conclude, the field of travel and tourism is very vast. The demand and need for travel and tourism professionals are increasing day by day. Travel and tourism professionals offer their services in various sectors. The scope of travel and tourism is very high.
People have a great interest in travel and tourism. This industry is growing rapidly. Various courses are being offered by the government and private universities and colleges. Travel and Tourism courses include bachelor’s, diploma and certificate courses. These courses are job-oriented.
They promise a bright future to the students. Above mentioned courses make one able to earn a handsome amount per month.
Many students face trouble in course selection after 12th. Students should select such courses in which they take an interest.
When they do not select the courses of their own choice they did not take interest and get fail. We would recommend our students to apply for the travel and tourism courses. Because this is a promising field of the modern era and will surely make your future bright.
More Courses After 12th
- Courses after 12th ENGINEERING
- Courses after 12th AGRICULTURE
- Interior Design Course After 12th
- Courses after 12th HOTEL MANAGEMENT
- Courses after 12th AVIATION
- Optometry Courses After 12th
- Courses after 12th MASS COMMUNICATIONS
- Courses after 12th DESIGN
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2020-21|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th