In the articles, we mention about University Grant Commission (UGC). The UGC (University Grants Commission) is statuary body of the Indian government-run under MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development) which works to control, coordinating, determining, and maintaining the high-class education. The University Grants Commission is a statutory organization established by an Act of Parliament in 1956 for the coordination, determination, and maintenance of standards of university education. The UGC head office located in the capital of the country in New Delhi on Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi.
The UGC (University Grants Commission)
The University offers the disburse fund to some colleges and university, the University Grants Commission formed in 1945 to guide only 3 central universities of India the name as Banaras Hindu University, Aligarh University, Delhi University after two years in 1947 the responsibility was increased to control the all Indian university.
In 1952 the MHRD decide the UGC will control and collect the report of the education system of the university and give the improvements and extensions to those universities which are working according to the UGC guideline. the inauguration was held on 28 December 1953 by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the Minister of Education, Natural Resources and Scientific Research. In 1995 the UGC starts working with six regional centers at Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Bhopal, Guwahati, and Bangalore.
There are some E-Governance at the UGC (University Grants Commission)-
- Web Portal For Fellowship/ Scholarship Legacy Cases
- UGC NET Online
- CU Portal
- Academic Jobs for NET/SET/Ph.D
- E-Payment Details || PFMS || DBT
- Skill Development Bureau
- University Activity Monitoring Portal
Accreditation for higher learning over Universities under the aegis of University Grants Commission is overseen by following fifteen autonomous statutory institutions :
- Indian Nursing Council(INC)
- Dental Council of India(DCI)
- Central Council of Homoeopathy(CCH)
- Central Council of Indian Medicine(CCIM)
- National Council for Rural Institutes (NCRI)
- All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) Click
- Distance Education Council(DEC)
- National Council for Teacher Education(NCTE)
- Rehabilitation Council of India(RCI)
- Medical Council of India(MCI)
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR)
- Bar Council of India(BCI)
- Board of Theological Education of the Senate of Serampore College(BTESSC)
- Pharmacy Council of India(PCI)
- State Councils of Higher Education (SCHE)
- Council of Architecture
- Veterinary Council of India (VCI)
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Q: For UGC, It is Valid of any degree?
Ans: A legal university can provide degree specified under section 22 of University grants commission Act of 1956, with the due recognized of its capable councils and legal councils.
Q: It is Equivalence of PGDM to Master degree?
Ans: The Equivalence between PGDM and PG degree is not equivalenced by the Unversity Grants Commission.
Q: For the Course of Diploma and Certificate it is Recognition of UGC?
Ans: No, for the course of Diploma/certificate it is not specified by the University Grants Commission.
Q: Can start the Pre-university courses?
Ans: No, the UGC does not grant the approvals or recognition to start the course of pre-university.
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th