Madras University Admission 2021-22: MU Institute of Distance learning came into being in 1981. It is a private university and is well known for the quality of distance education provided by the university to the candidates. The university is situated in the city of Chennai.
The university offers many UG courses like BA, B.Com & BSc, etc after the HSSC level of education. after graduation level, the university offers many PG Level degree programs and courses. The candidates can apply for the admissions through online and offline modes of the application form. The candidates are either admitted to the university based on the merit of marks obtained in qualifying exams or entrance tests. The university has recently started the process of registration of candidates for the grant of admission.
|Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Diploma Course||Management Courses|
|Paramedical Courses||Distance Courses|
|IGNOU July Admission||PHD Admission|
- 11 June 2021: The University of Madras AMFI organize by National Webinar of resource 2021.
- 10 June 2021: Admission Started Diploma and PG Diploma, many other courses in this academic year 2021-22. Apply Now
|Important Events:||Date of:||Dates (Tentative):|
|Last date of application||To be decided||To be decided|
|Apply for M.Phil Course||Last Date||Oct 2021|
|Apply for PG, Diploma, and Certificate Courses||Last Date||Oct 2021|
|Issue of the filled-in Application Form for MA in Bharathanatyam and Rhythmology||Last Date||Nov 2021|
|submission of the filled-in Application Form for MA in Bharathanatyam and Rhythmology||Last Date||Nov 2021|
|M.Phil. (Math)||Entrance Exam||Nov 2021|
|M.Phil. (Math)||Viva-Voce Exam||Nov 2021|
|Submission of hard copy of Ph.D. Application Form||Starts||Dec 2021|
|Application Form submission for MBA admission 2021||Starts||Aug 2021|
|Application Form submission for MBA admission 2021||Last Date||Aug 2021|
Madras University Admission Highlights
|Topic||University of Madras|
|Established | Type||1857 | State|
|Location||Tamil Nadu, India|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance and Merit-Based|
|Offered Programs||UG, PG, and Doctorate|
|Fee submission||Demand Draft and Online|
|Facilities Available||Hostel. Library. Lab. Café. Sports. Gym. Medical.|
|Email for firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Admission Helpdesk||+91 44 2539 9422|
Madras University Admission 2021-22:
There are various PG Courses such as MA, M.Sc, M.Phil, and Ph.D. Admissions for Season 2021 are being offered by Madras University in the fields of Medical, Science, Art, and Management.
Diploma Petrochemical Technology
The Diploma in Petrochemical Engineering is a 3-year undergraduate program that includes designing and analyzing petroleum derivatives with Petrochemical Processes and refining operations until they have been abandoned. Designing and raising an efficient and cost-green age for producing these sources of petroleum is one of the basic parts of oil engineers’ challenge. They also show the drilling process and guarantee that the sources are correctly extracted and preserved.
- Duration: it’s a 3-year program with 8 semesters.
- Eligibility: Students who have completed Class 12 from a recognized board are entitled to apply for this course.
- Selection criteria: Merit in the qualifying test, according to eligibility criteria
Arts Courses Admission
BA SOCIOLOGY BA HISTORY BA HINDI BA POLITICAL SCIENCE BA GEOGRAPHY MA BA EDUCATION MA POLITICAL SCIENCE BA ECONOMICS MA HISTORY BA ENGLISH
Commerce Courses Admission
B.COM B.COM COMPUTER APPLICATIONS M.COM
Other Course Admission P.HD / M.PHIL/ DIPLOMA / PG / BPP / ENGINEERING COURSE B. TECH / M TECH/ DIPLOMA LLB, BA LLB D PHARMA , B PHARMA
- The MSc program admissions in various fields are offered based on merit in the B.Sc Program.
- Whereas admissions in MBA Program are granted based on a 50% score of UG + TANCET.
- The M.Com and M.A program admissions are based on the aggregate of B.Com and BA respectively.
- The Ph.D. program admissions are granted on basis of an entrance exam and an interview conducted by the UM.
Madras University Application Form 2021
- The online forms for all UG and PG courses are available on the following web portal. Click
- The fee (Rs 300) modes are debit cards, credit cards, ATM, and net banking.
- Fill in all the required details and also upload the document.
- Submit the form. (review it before submission)
The students must upload these documents:
- ID card and passport
- Character certificate
- Date of Birth Proof
- Mark sheets and degrees
- Transfer and caste Certificate
- Passport size photo
MU Course & Fee:
|Offered Courses||Their Fees||Their Eligibility Criteria|
|MSc||1st-year fees are Rs 7,425||Graduation|
|MBA||1st-year fees are Rs 25,380||Graduation with 50% + TANCET|
|MA||Total fees are Rs 5,305||Graduation|
|M.Com||1st-year fees are Rs 5,305||Graduation|
|PhD||1st-year fees are Rs 10,970||Post Graduation|
|M.Phil||Total fees are Rs 5,060||Post Graduation|
|MCA||1st-year fees are Rs 22,580||Graduation with 50% + TANCET|
MBA & MCA Admission:
- There are also courses like EMBA, MCA, and MBA at the postgraduate level. You need to have a bachelor’s degree to be eligible for these programs. The admission is granted only based on TANCET which is conducted by the DTE Tamil Nadu.
- For MBA, you only need to have a recognized Bachelor’s degree. For MBA Executive, the candidate needs to have 55% marks in a Bachelor’s degree with two-year experience in that specific field. To get admission in MCA, you must have a BCA, BSc, BES in computer science, or any other related field which has Mathematics and Statistics as the main subject. For getting admission to any of these programs, you need to have a valid score in TENCENT.
- The students who want to take admission to the University of Madras have to first apply for the TANCET examination. After they have given the test and the result has come out, they can easily apply for Madras University by using their TANCET test to secure admission to the university.
- According to the Fee Waiver Scheme, you can be awarded a full concession on the tuition fee if you are selected based on merit. But this facility is only available to the students whose house income is less than 1 lac annually.
PG Course Admission:
There are also a lot of postgraduate programs offered at Madras University. You need to have a Bachelor’s Degree to be considered for Post Graduate admission. The candidates can only get admission if they qualify in the exam and score a good result in the entrance test. For Madras University Fee Structure click here.
MTech: The two main specializations offered in this program are:
- Nanoscience & Nanotechnology
You need an M.A degree in Geography/ Geology to be eligible for admission to specialize in Geoinformatics. For Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, you need an M.Sc degree in nanoscience to be eligible.
MA: There are a lot of specializations offered in the MA program:
- Historical Studies
- Ancient History & Archaeology
- Lifelong Learning
- Women’s Studies
- Human Resource Management
- Political Science
- International Relations and many more
The only eligible way is to have a graduate degree in the relative field. The score in your entrance test examination, as well as your degree marks, will count towards the selection.
MSc: The following specializations offered in the MSc program are:
- Criminology & Criminal Justice Science
- Applied Geology
- Analytical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Energy & Material Science
- Advanced Biochemistry
You need to have a specific graduate degree so that you are eligible for admission in the respective M.Sc field. Your entrance test score and the number of qualifying degrees will count towards your selection.
MSc (Self-Supportive): The self-supportive M.Sc program has the following specializations:
- Computer Science
- Actuarial Sciences
- Applied Geology
- Information Technology
- Material Science
You need to have a B.Sc degree to be eligible for the M.Sc Degree in the respective field. For the selection process, your entrance test marks, as well as your degree marks, will count.
Master of Journalism: The specialization present in this field is:
- Online Media
The only requirement for getting a specialization in Online Media is to have an undergraduate degree from a recognized University. Same as most of the other programs, you need to score well in the entrance test as well as in your undergrad degree so that you can be selected for this program.
The only specialization offered in Master of Law:
- Legal Studies
The basic requirement is to have a Bachelor’s degree in Law that will make you eligible to get admission to the Master of Law. As for the selection process, the two things that will count towards it are your Degree marks and entrance test score.
- For all of the foreign students & NRIs who want to take admission to Madras University are to be granted admission only on their performance in the exam. If you are a physically confined student then the university will offer you a full fee concession which also includes the examination fee. But the disabled students have to prove their disability with a valid certificate.
- Candidates also get a 40% relaxation in the tuition fee for those students who are from the SAARC countries. But this doesn’t go for the Sri Lankan & Tibetan Refugees and they have to pay the full fee that has been decided for the Indian students.
- From the date of your enrollment, you will have a maximum of 5 years to complete your degree but only if you are under the LM.
- If you haven’t applied for the LM in the initial year then you have the ability to re-register yourself in the following year by only paying Rs 2000.
Diploma & PG Diploma:
There are various specializations offered by Madras University at Undergrad Diploma and PG Diploma levels. The admission is completely merit-based.
The specializations offered are:
- Banking & Finance
- Ambedkar Thoughts
- Counseling Psychology
- Biblical Languages & Interpretation
- Digital Library Management
- Ethics & Biotechnology
- Extension & Development
- Clinical Embryology
- Ethics & Human Resource Management
- Functional Hindi and Translation and many more
To be eligible for the following specializations, you need to have a Bachelor’s degree in the respective field. The selection criteria on the other hand are based on the marks obtained in the relevant degree.
The Specializations are:
- Internal Audit
- Cyber Crime & Information Security
- Jaina Temple Management
- Buddhist Studies and much more
To be selected for the relevant degree, you need to have sufficient marks in that degree. The eligibility criteria for most of the specializations is to pass the 10+2 examination.
MPhil & Ph.D. Courses
There are various M.Phil and Ph.D. courses offered by Madras University. You need to have a Master’s Degree to be eligible to get admission. You need to give a written test and then a separate interview before you can get selected. The admission process starts in December for a Ph.D.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th