Madras University Distance Education Admission 2021-22: The University of Madras Distance Education centre was established in 1857. MU provides higher learning education. And the location is Tamil Nadu, a public state university. Madras University is affiliated with University Grants Commissions. The Distance Education centre offers 63 courses. The university gives out courses in UG, PG, and certificate level and Diploma courses of specializations.
- 16 September 2021: The last date of submission of application form for MA course is 30 September 2021. Check the details here. (Source)
Madras University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Madras University Distance Education|
|Approved||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Founded||September 5, 1857|
|Application Form||Rs. 500/-|
|Application Form Fee (by post)||Rs.600/-|
|Declaration of Results||Two Months after Examination|
|Dispatch of Admission Cards||Three Month After Admission|
|Duplicate Admission Cards||Rs. 700/-|
|Fees Submit||Cash, DD|
|Approved For admission Abroad||Yes (MHRD)|
|Contact University||044 2539 9422|
Madras University Distance Education Admission 2021-22
Madras University Distance Education admission offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and other certification courses such as MBA-General, Integrated, Executive, MCA & M.Sc (IT) Courses for 2021. The Madras University Distance Education offers 22 UG Courses, 14 PG Courses, 9 PG Science Courses, 5 Professional Courses, 16 Diploma Courses & 12 Certificate Courses. Candidates can check the information about the admission and examination through the Official site of the University. So Students Have Many Options to Choose Courses of this University in Distance Mode.
Candidates for admission to the first year of the MBA Course in the Institute of Distance Education shall be required to have any one of the following qualifications :
- The student must pass in any branch of the study of a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree in the Madras University or any other University recognized by the UGC/AIU or a qualification accepted by this University as equivalent to it. Candidates must have a Professional Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine/Architecture/Law.
- Professional Qualification in Cost & Works Accountancy, Accountancy, Company Secretaryship A pass in Entrance Test conducted by the IDE, Madras University, Chennai, is mandatory for all the candidates.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
Madras University UG Admission
- BSc: Students with 50% marks in 10+2 and LPUNEST are eligible.
- BA: Intermediate certificate with marks of 50% in any stream.
- BFA: Selection Criteria base on LPUNEST score + 12th class is eligibility.
- B.Com: 50% in 12 categories is eligibility, Merit based.
- B-Tech: Requirement for admission is JEE main/LPUNEST score.
- B.Arch: NATA qualified score is mandatory to be eligible.
Madras University PG Admission
- MCom: Students with a BCom degree are eligible.
- MTech: BTech with a GATE score is the required criteria.
- MA: Completing graduation in BA students become eligible.
- MBA: Admission is provided based on the GAT/CAT score.
- M.Ed: The selection criteria are based on an entrance test and a minimum of 50% in BEd.
- MCA: 50% marks in BCA.
MU Distance Education Admission 2021 Last Date
|MA course application form submission||30 Sep 2021|
|Classes starts||1st week of Oct 2021|
Madras University Application Form Process: How to Apply?
Madras University Distance Education offers admission to numerous courses provided by the university online. The whole method of filling the application form needs a pair of steps, i.e., Registration and Online Application.
Students aspiring to avail themselves of lateral admission to second year Post Graduate courses ought to enclose two copies of the information for the preceding year of their study obtained from the University/school wherever they need undergoing the procedure.
- Visit the website of the institute
- Select New User and enter the desired credentials and ‘submit’ to conclude the registration method.
- Now, click on the web Application, enter login details.
- On the following type, enter needed data and transfer scanned copies of all the desired documents.
- Accept the terms and conditions by choosing the box provided before creating a payment.
- Select the “Pay now “button to pay the registration fee for the course you’ve got selected
- You can build online payment by debit card/internet Banking / Mastercard.
- Once Registration Payment is successful, You will receive an acknowledgement with a tentative enrollment range.
Submission of application forms can make by online means of sending by post. If anyone submits the form by post, they will pay an application fee of INR 700; otherwise, by online means, the application fee will be INR 500.
The expected application fee is
- In-Person: Rs.100/- by money at the Institute / Study Centres within Tamil Nadu / Spot Admission Centres / democratic institutions / multiparous Programme Centres.
- By Post: Rs.150/- by Demand Draft has drawn in favour of The Director, IDE., Madras University, payable at Chennai.
- Through Website: The value of the form of Rs.100/- if downloaded through the website.
The following Certificates (Original) should be enclosed while not fail :
- 10th Mark List.
- Intermediate Mark List.
- PG Degree first Year Statement of Marks.
- UG Degree Certificate with Statement of Marks
- Transfer documents from the establishment wherever they completed the primary Year Postgraduate Course.
- Two complete sets of genuine photograph copies of the on top of Format for Post Graduation Lateral admission
- Reproduction of information punctually genuine
Madras University DDE BBA & MBA Courses
Madras University DDE Fee Structure
|MSc (Information Technology)||2||4500|
|MA (Political Science)||2||4500|
|MA (Historical Studies)||2||4500|
|MA (Public Administration)||2||4500|
|MA (Human Rights)||2||4500|
|MSc (Medical Sociology)||2||4500|
|MSc (Counselling Psychology)||2||4500|
|BA (Criminology and Police)||3||4500|
|BA (Public Administration)||3||5500|
|BA (Christian Studies)||3||6000|
|BSc (Medical Sociology)||3||6000|
|BNat (Naturopathy and Yogic Science)||3||6000|
|BCom (Computer Application)||3||6000|
|Diploma in Business Management||1||4,700|
|Master of Business Administration [MBA]||2||21,950|
|Post Graduate Diploma||1||4,650|
|Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com]||3||15,395|
|Diploma in Commerce||1||4,650|
|Master of Commerce [M.Com]||2||10,900|
Madras University DDE Affiliated Colleges List
|Loyola College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1925||Private|
|MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1992||Private|
|Institute for Financial Management and Research||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1970||Private|
|Dr Ambedkar Government Law College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1891||Government|
|Presidency College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||–||Government|
|Chennai School of Business Excellence, Tada||Society, Andhra Pradesh||2007||Private|
|Dr MGR Janaki College of Arts and Science for Women||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1996||Private|
|Music Institute of Management, Royapettah||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1987||Private|
|Vel Tech Ranga Sanku Arts College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1998||Private|
|Women’s Christian College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1915||Private|
|The Central Law College, Salem||Salem, Tamil Nadu||1984||Government|
|Stella Maris College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1947||Private|
|New College Institute of Management, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1951||Government|
|Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1948||Private|
|Mohamed Sathak College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1991||Private|
|Valliammal College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1987||Private|
|Anna Adarsh College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1985||Private|
|Tagore College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1999||Private|
|SIVET College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1966||Government|
|Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1946||Private|
|Queen Mary’s College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1914||Private|
|Pachaiyappa’s College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||–||Private|
|Meenakshi College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1975||Private|
|Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1994||Private|
|St Thomas College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1999||Private|
|Sri Muthukumaran College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||2001||Private|
|Sindhi College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1991||Private|
|SDNB Vaishnav College For Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1968||Private|
Madras University DDE Faculty
|Name of the University||Designation||Department|
|Dr R. Panchal||Professor||Department Of Commerce|
|Dr M. Sargunavathi||Associate Professor||Department Of Tamil|
|Dr B. Devamaindan||Assistant Professor||Department Of Management Studies|
|Dr. S. Thenmozhi||Assistant Professor||Department Of Psychology|
|Dr. S. Sasikala||Assistant Professor||Department Of Computer Science|
|Dr. T.R.Gopalakrishnan||Assistant Professor||Department Of Mass Communication|
|Dr. S. Sasikala||Assistant Professor||Department Of Computer Science|
|Dr. R. Mathaiyan||Associate Professor||Department Of Political Science|
- SC and ST candidates/students who pursue their studies during this Institute are eligible for compensation of the fees from the government. of Tamil Nadu.
- They are conjointly eligible for an annual allowance of Rs.500/- towards purchasing prescribed books. Any details during this affiliation are often obtained from the Nodal Officer, SC/ST Special Cell, Institute of Distance Education, Madras University, Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005.
- The eligible SC/ST students area unit is directed to submit the SC/ST scholarship throughout their study at IDE (SC/ST Cell). It’ll not be accepted when the amount of reflection at IDE is below any circumstances.
- “SC/ST candidates are directed to submit the Photostat copy of the primary page of his / her Bank Pass Book and details of Name, Account No, IFSC Code No, MICR Code No, Name of the Bank, Branch, Branch Code No. and therefore the Photocopy of the Aadhaar Card ought to be equipped form for ECS purposes.”
- Visually impaired or otherwise physically challenged candidates will avail themselves of the government Scholarship for the Disabled. The District Rehabilitation Officer also obtained the prescribed kind within the districts involved for compensation of non-refundable fees.
How to Get Consolidated Mark Statement?
- Step 1: Firstly, Download Consolidated Mark Statement Application online.
- Step 2: Candidate will fill the application form & attached it with Course Provisional, Completion & Degree Certificates to other payment gateways.
- Step 3: Then, students have to pay Rs.1500 for Consolidated Mark Statement.
- Step 4: At last, submit the form to the Examination Section.
How to Get Madras University Distance Education Duplicate ID Card?
- Step 1: Download Duplicate ID Card for the Application form
- Step 2: Then fill the application form & attach your passport size photo.
- Step 3: Students will pay Rs.100 for duplicate ID cards to other payment gateways.
- Step 4: At last, submit the form to the respective Section.
Madras University Examination Centre Notification
- Chennai City Centres (UG / BLIS / MLIS / Diploma & Certificate Courses)
- Chennai City Centres (PG (MA, M.Sc, M.Com)
- Chennai City Centres (MBA, MCA, M.Sc (IT))
- Foreign Centres
- Other States Centres
- Mofussil Centres
Frequently Asked Questions (EAQs)
Q1: Is a Distance Degree from Madras University Institute of Distance Education valid for govt jobs?
Ans: Yes, The degree is valid for govt jobs because UGC approves this university.
Q2: How many learning centres are there for Madras University, IDE?
Ans: Yes, there is 23 learning centre for Madras University, IDE.
Q3: Is Madras University organized the semester exam for all distance programs?
Ans: Yes, Madras University organized a semester exam for all distance programs.
Q4: How many programs are offered by The Madras University, IDE?
Ans: This University offered 65 Programmes, including 15 UG, 20 PG, 7 PG Diploma, 15 Diploma, and 8 Certificate programs. You can check all the details from the official website of Madras University, Institute of Distance Education.
Q5: Is Madras University offered Distance B.Tech?
Ans: No, This University does not provide Distance B.Tech.
Q6: What is the MBA course at Madras University, IDE?
Ans: Madras University, IDE offers 6 MBA programs (Financial, Hospital, Human Resource, Logistics & Supply Chain, Marketing, and System).
Q7: Is there any entrance exam for Distance MBA from Madras University?
Ans: Yes, there is an entrance exam that IDE Madras University conducts.
- Address: Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005, India
- Phone: 044 2539 9422
- Email: email@example.com
- Source: Official Website
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th