Bharathiar University Admission 2021: BU is a state university located in Coimbatore in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It was established in the year 1982 and this academy is approved by the University Grants Commission, NAAC, ACU., and this college offered the best education in all offered all courses. Bharathiar University is a well-known state university present in India, Tamil Nadu. The base of this University reach from the famous port Subramania Bharati and was established by the running government of Tamil Nadu in the year 1982, is recognized by the UGC.
It has a total of around 130 Institutions that act as Affiliate, while 115 amongst then are self-financing and aided colleges, 1 is the Air Force College, 13 Government ones and thee of them are constituent, while one is the PG Extension and center of research, which is a university.
The University itself had a motto of “Educate to Elevate”. Well, it developed itself overtime to grasp the rank of 21st overall in India.
Bharathiar University Admission Headlines 2021-22
|University Name||Bharathiar University|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance|
|Location||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Also Known As||Bharathiar University|
|University Type||State University|
Bharathiar University Eligibility For Admission in UG & PG Course
The BU offers various UG, PG, and Ph.D. level programs in different departments of Biotechnology and General Sciences
- The admissions in B.A, B. A (Language), and B.Com programs are based on score gotten in 10+2 class.
- The TANCET qualified candidates are eligible for admission in MBA and MCA programs of the institution.
- The M.Phil program admissions depend on the Score of common exams like GATE, NET, SLET, and UGC exams.
- The candidates can fill the form of GATE 2021 online.
- MCA (lateral) admissions are based on the score of UG Degree.
- For Ph.D., an admissions university conducts its own Entrance exam that is followed by an interview.
Bharathiar University Admission 2021 Details
Bharathiar University is offering courses in various subjects, ranging from the PG (postgraduates) to even the higher end Doctorate Level.
Arts Courses Admission
BA SOCIOLOGY BA HISTORY BA HINDI BA POLITICAL SCIENCE BA GEOGRAPHY MA BA EDUCATION MA POLITICAL SCIENCE BA ECONOMICS MA HISTORY BA ENGLISH
Commerce Courses Admission
B.COM B.COM COMPUTER APPLICATIONS M.COM
Other Course Admission P.HD / M. PHILL/ DIPLOMA / PG / bpp / ENGINEERING COURSE B. TECH / M TECH/ DIPLOMA LLB, BA LLB D PHARMA , B PHARMA
Various other courses of Post Graduate Diploma or the distance education courses are offered including the UG programs. Only the interested candidates can apply for the desired courses through the offline or even the online mode, by simply following the instructions provided by the University Official site.
The reservation criteria are decided by the Government and the university has to move under it.
Important Key Points For Admission to Bharathiar University
- The selection for the Post Graduate courses is done through qualifying marks, which is also referred to as direct admission.
- University can also select according to the performance of the candidate in the entrance examination, which has been taken by the University itself.
- TANCET test marks are also considered for the courses of MCA and MBA.
- Admission is made solely through Coimbatore Govern College of Technology, there is centralized counseling conducted for all this.
- The Last date on which you can apply for MCA or the Lateral Entry is only within ten days, initially starting from the date of TANCET results publication.
- If a candidate is interested in admission, he or she can simply download the application or fill it online, which is available from the official website.
- To apply, fees of 300 INR is required for the departmental head.
- The prospectus and even the Application forms can simply be taken from Registrar, either by post or in person. The cost is 300 INR, but for SC and ST it is 150 INR.
- For Distance Learning, you will have to face the Bharathiar University School of Distance Education. For further information, you can simply go to the Bharathiar University official website.
Bharathiar University Application Form: Steps to Apply
Candidates can get the application form in person from the college’s office. Otherwise, they can download it from the official website. Students can also register their names by filling the form online through the official website.
- Students can get the application form for registration from the admission office.
- They can pay Rs 300/- by drawing a DD of any Nationalised Bank. Pay in favor of the Register, Bharathiar University.
- Students can send a self-addressed envelope (28×13 cm). Along with the application form, attach a Rs 60/- stamp to it.
- Visit the official website of the university
- Get the application form visible on the screen
- Fill up all the required details
- Attach scanned photos and other documents
- Submit the application
- Get a DD of Rs 300/- as application fees
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 10+2 mark sheet and certificate
- Degree mark sheets and certificate
- Community certificate
- Portfolio of extra-curricular activities
- Disability certificate for disabled students.
Bharathiar University UG Admission Fee 2021-22
|B.A. (Education)||3 years||25530|
|B.A. (English Literature)||3 years||25540|
|B.A. (English)||3 years||25550|
|B.A. (Fine Arts)||3 years||25560|
|B.A. (Foreign Trade and Practice)||3 years||25570|
|B.A. (Hindi)||3 years||25580|
|B.A. (History)||3 years||25590|
Bharathiar University PG Admission Fee
|MA (Civil Services)||2 years||60050|
|MA (Criminal Justice)||2 years||60100|
|MA (English)||2 years||60150|
|MA (Environmental Sciences)||2 years||60200|
|MA (Fashion Design)||2 years||60250|
|MA (Fine Arts)||2 years||60300|
Admission For Diploma & Post-Graduation Courses
There are various programs the University covers inside their Post Graduate section, like M.Com, MA, M.Sc and such. While, in the diploma section, it covers even the Post Graduate Diploma in Education of Environment or Cheminformatics and such.
Furthermore, the University covers the higher-level programs such as MPEd or BPEd courses along with the MCA, lateral or regular entry, and MBA.
The selection is only done through checking the performance of the candidate in the entry test, the eligible marks are 60. While the qualifying marks should be 40 up to the fifth semester, which is also the second year.
The entry tests are only conducted inside the campus of the university and nowhere else.
Diploma and Post-Graduation Courses Admission key Aspects
- The candidate must have a minimum 55 percent aggregate, while being passed in every subject, at the undergraduate level.
- It is also important that the student has done his or her education from a recognized university. While the course must have a field related to it.
- Relaxation can also be given to the candidate for the reserved categories, which is according to the regulations passed by Government itself.
- For the field of MEd, the BEd is preferred, but through the BA only related fields are acceptable.
- For the courses of Biochemistry, the minimum required aggregate is only 60 percent at the level of Undergraduate to apply.
- In the case of M.Sc programs; inside the stream of science, a related subject of science must be a part of the course at the level of Undergraduate.
- For Econometrics or Economics, only subjects of Mathematical statistics, Commerce, Econometrics, Economics, Business Economics are acceptable. Others are considered at the discretion of the University.
Diploma and Post-Graduation Courses Selection Process
It varies from courses to courses. Some have interview inside their finalization process, while some require only an entrance examination at starting. It may also be a direct one in which there is a first come first serve scenario or the student might be offered a seat depending on availability or merit or even the entrance examination.
If you are interested in a certain course, you can register through the official university portal or even through the mode of offline application.
Admission for MCA and MBA Courses
Moving further, Bharathiar University offers courses in MCA and MBA, Masters of Computer Application, and Master of Business Administration.
They may be different fields but the process of application remains completely the same for MCA and MBA programs for Post Graduate Courses.
For eligibility in either of these courses, the student or the candidate must make an appearance in the Examination of TANCET and also score the eligible score.
MCA and MBA Courses admission key aspects
- In the case of MCA, the candidate must pass any 3-year minimum bachelor’s degree like 10+2+3- or four-year pattern, while the core should be either Business Mathematics or Mathematics with +2 level. It can also be the A pass in any Bachelor degree which is recognizable, with 10+3 years of Diploma.
- The +3 years of pattern with core Mathematics at the level of Diploma or Statistics or even Mathematics as one of the studied subjects at the initial degree level.
- It can also be a pass in any recognized degree of Bachelors, having a minimum of three years duration with a pattern like 10+2+3 in any core Statistics or Mathematical subjects.
- For an MBA, the student or candidate must have an undergraduate degree from any university which has been recognized.
- With this, it is also important to have the educational qualification following the pattern of 10+2+3 format.
- In case of Lateral Entry in MCA admission, the candidate needs to have passed the minimum 3-year duration Bachelor degree in B.Sc, BCA9 Computer tech, Computer Science, Information tech or any equivalent with the main course as Mathematics at the level of Graduate or Higher secondary.
MCA and MBA Courses Selection process
In the selection process, the application is accepted within 10 days of declaration of TANCET results. Yet, the selection is done directly. The considered marks are from the TANCET test and the performance in a qualified degree.
While on the other hand, the MCA and the MBA courses finalization are done through the Coimbatore Government College of Technology and their centralized counseling.
Admission for PhD and M.Phil Courses
The Bharathiar University is offering courses of Ph.D. and M.Phil in almost all the departments they possess. It makes a total of 37 specializations offered by Bharathiar University.
The eligibility is relatively simple, you simply have to have Post Graduate Degree in the related discipline along with the research in that field.
Generally, there are two sessions acceptable, in May and in November, but both of them have the same process and courses offered by the university itself.
There is a Common Entrance Test for admission in the research programs, while it has finalization in form of an Interview, which is conducted personally.
PhD and M.Phil Courses admission key Aspects
- The candidate applying should have a 55 percent minimum aggregate in the master’s degree, which has to be from a recognized university.
- The course whereas must be in the subject being applied for, on the other hand, it can also be related to the field as acceptable by the university.
- There is a chance of five percent relaxation provided to the categories reserved, which is regulated by the university.
- From the University Board, certain candidates don’t have to take the entrance examination, like NET or anything related.
PhD and M.Phil Courses Selection Process
The marks should be satisfactory in the entrance test, while there is an interview as well. Whereas, the final merit list or selection is given based on the performance in exams, degree score in masters, and the personal interview.
Admission For Bharathiar University Distance Education
At the graduate level, there are various BA languages, B.COM, BA, and related fields. While at the post-graduate level there are MBA, MA, M.COM, and related field, which can be seen on their official website.
In the case of undergraduate, there should be a 10+2 level pass from State, CBSE, or ISC board or any equivalent recognition. While having science inside the science field is required.
Under the Govern of Tamil Nadu, a polytechnic awarded degree from State Board is also acceptable.
On the other hand, for Post Graduate courses, it is important to have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university. Lastly, for Post Graduate Diploma courses, passing from a recognized university at degree level is a must.
- 17 Oct 2020 : Delhi University [ DU ] 2nd Cut Off College-wise List 2020-21 Announcing Admission Process
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2020-21||College Admission Fee 2020-21|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th