Osmania University -OU Admission 2020: Osmania University (OU) is a Public state institution founded in 1918. It was built on the name of Mir Osman Ali Khan, who was the Nizam of Hyderabad. It is the third oldest institute in India. The medium of instruction is Urdu in OU.
- It is amongst the most extensive university system in Asia with many campuses and colleges.
- OU has more than 300,000 students on various campuses.
- It is providing education to more than 3700 foreign students across 80 countries.
- OU offers many UG and PG courses in the disciplines of genetics, chemistry, management, law, and engineering.
- It also offers some courses in arts, social sciences, medicines, and commerce.
Osmania University Admission 2020 | Application Form Date June: The Osmania University is a State University, situated in Hyderabad city in the India state of Telangana. It was established in the year 1918 and this university affiliation by University Grants Commission, National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Associations of Indian University and it is looking lush greenery.
Osmania University Admission Headline 2020:
|Topic||Osmania University Admission 2020|
|Established in||1918 as a Public State University|
|Approved by||UGC, NAAC, AIU|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance/Merit Based|
|Offered Programs||UG, PG, certificates, Ph.D., & Diplomas|
|Application Mode | Fee||Online and Offline | INR 200|
|Fee submission||Demand Draft/ Online|
|Facilities Available||Library, Medical, Transport, Hostel, Scholarships|
|Email for firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Admission Helpdesk||27098043/ 27096194|
Osmania University Approval
OU is approved by:
Osmania University Admission 2020
Osmania University offers many courses in different streams. The demands for each program are different. The applicants must check their eligibility criteria and important dates before applying
Osmania University PG Admission 2020 – MA, M.Com, M.Sc, M.Ed, M.P.Ed, MSW, M.Li.Sc & LL.M
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria|
|MA||Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology (AIHCA)||Graduate|
|MA||Journalism & Mass Communication||Graduate|
|MA||Arabic/ English/ Hindi/ Kannada/ Marathi/ Persian/ Sanskrit/ Tamil/ Telugu/ Urdu||Graduate|
|MA||Philosophy||BA or B.Sc|
|MA||Islamic Studies||BA or B.Sc|
|MA||Linguistics||BA or B.Sc|
|MA||Theatre Arts||BA or B.Sc|
|MA||Economics||BA or B.Sc|
|MA||History||BA or B.Sc|
|MA||Sociology||BA or B.Sc|
|MA||Political Science||BA or B.Sc|
|MA||Public Administration||BA or B.Sc|
|MA||Psychology||BA or B.Sc|
|M.Sc.||Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Environmental Science / Forensic Science / Genetics/ Microbiology||B.Sc|
|M.Sc.||Nutrition & Dietetics||B.Sc|
|M.Sc Integrated||Pharmaceutical Chemistry||12th|
|LL.M||Applied Linguistics||Master degree|
|LL.M||Archival Science and Manuscriptology||Master degree|
|LL.M||Child Psychology||Master degree|
|LL.M||Digital Information Management||Master degree|
|LL.M||Functional Hindi and Translation||Master degree|
|LL.M||Geographical Cartography||Master degree|
|LL.M||Psychological Counselling||Master degree|
|LL.M||Urdu Palaeography||Master degree|
|LL.M||Taxation and Insurance Laws||Graduate|
|LL.M||Intellectual Property Rights||Graduate|
Arts Courses Admission
BA SOCIOLOGY BA HISTORY BA HINDI BA POLITICAL SCIENCE BA GEOGRAPHY MA BA EDUCATION MA POLITICAL SCIENCE BA ECONOMICS MA HISTORY BA ENGLISH
Commerce Courses Admission
B.COM B.COM COMPUTER APPLICATIONS M.COM
Other Course P.HD / M. PHILL/ DIPLOMA / PG / bpp / ENGINEERING COURSE B. TECH / M TECH/ DIPLOMA LLB, BA LLB D PHARMA , B PHARMA
Osmania University UG Admission 2020 – BA, B.Sc, BBA, B.Com, B.Ed, BCA, LL.B, B.P.Ed, B.Li.Sc.
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)||12th|
|Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.)||Graduate|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.)||Graduate|
|Bachelor of Law (Ll.B.)||Graduate|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications (B.C.A.)||12th|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) – Hons.||12th|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) – General, Comp, and Vocational||12th|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)||12th|
|Bachelor of Arts (BA)||12th|
Osmania University B.Tech, B.E, B.Pharm, BHMCT & Pharm.D Admission 2020
|Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)||B.Pharm|
|Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)||12th|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.)||12th|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (B.H.M.C.T.)||12th|
|Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)||12th|
Osmania University PG Admission 2020 – MA, M.Com, M.Sc, M.Ed, M.P.Ed, MSW, M.Li.S, LL.M
|Masters of Social Work||Graduate|
|Masters of Science (M.Sc.)||Graduate|
|Masters of Physical Education (M.P. Ed.)||B.P.Ed|
|Masters of Library and Information Science (M.L.I.S)||B.L.I.Sc|
|Masters of Law (Ll.M.)||LL. B|
|Masters of Education (M.Ed.)||Graduate|
|Masters of Commerce (M.Com.)||Graduate|
|Masters of Arts (M.A.) (Languages)||Graduate|
|MA in Theatre Arts||BA or B.Sc|
|MA in Psychology||Graduate|
|MA in Philosophy||BA or B.Sc|
|MA in Linguistics||Graduate|
|MA in Islamic Studies||Graduate|
|MA in Economics History Political Science Public Administration Sociology||Graduate|
Osmania University M.Phil & Ph.D Admission 2020
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria|
|Ph.D.||Social Science||Master degree|
|Ph.D.||Informatics & Oriental Languages||Master degree|
Admission Dates 2020
|Part-time Ph.D. form available||09 Apr 2020|
|Entrance Exam||19 May 2020|
|Online applications for OUCET||23 Apr 2020|
|Entrance Exam for OUCET||04 Jun-13 Jun 2020|
|Last date for PG form||25 Jul 2020|
Osmania University Admission 2020
The Osmania University Offered various educational courses such as Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Research Program level courses in the field of Science, Arts Commerce, Computer application and Management programs level course. and admission process of this university has an online and offline mode admission done on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination.
Osmania University UG admission process 2020
The eligibility criteria for UG programs are discussed below:
The applicants must have done HSC in PCM and scored good marks in EAMCET test.
The students should have passed HSC with PCM and have a valid score in EAMCET.
The students for this course should have done 10+2 with PCB. They must have obtained a valid score in the EAMCET entrance test.
The applicants who have an HSC degree with at least 45% are eligible to apply. The selection will be on the basis of marks in the test.
The applicants must have done HSC with at least 40% marks in any subjects. They must have a good score in the LAWCET test conducted by APSCHE.
The applicants having a graduation degree in any stream with a min of 40% marks can apply. OU will conduct an entrance exam (OUCET) for this subject.
Osmania University PG admission process 2020
OU offers the following PG courses:
The applicants who have HSC in a science stream with at least 50% marks can apply. OU will conduct an OUCET entrance exam for this program.
The students should have a B.L.I.Sc degree with at least 40% marks. These students will have to appear in the OUCET test and gain valid marks.
Those who want admission in this course should have at least an LLB degree with at least 45% marks. OU will conduct an entrance exam for this course as well.
The applicants must have an M.Com degree with a least 40% marks. These students are invited to take the OUCET test.
The students for this course should have a BE or B.tech degree and a valid score in the GATE test.
The applicants for this course should have a master’s degree in the relevant stream with at least 60% marks. OU will arrange a written exam and interview for this program.
Osmania University Application Procedure 2020
The applicants can fill their application forms available on the official website of OU. For applying in any course, follow these steps.
- Download your form from the website or buy it from the campuses.
- Fill the required details in your form.
- Make a DD in favor of OU.
- Attach the documents with your form.
- Post your form to the admin office of OU.
- Register yourself on the official web portal.
- Login to your account and fill your form with relevant details.
- Submit online Fee INR 200 by using your debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- Upload scanned copies of your documents on your account.
- Read the form carefully and submit.
- Applicants must print out their form for further use.
Documents required for Osmania University Admission 2020
Following documents are required
- of Intermediate Hall Ticket
- Adhar Card
- Passport size photo. (not more than 100 Kb.).
- A valid mobile number.
- Caste Certificate Number.
- Income Certificate Number by MEESEVA
- Sports, NSS, and PH scanned certificate
Osmania University Common Post Graduate Entrance Tests (CPGET) 2020
(CPGET) Common Post Graduate Entrance Tests– 2020 is a state-level exam, manage by Osmania University for admissions into varied P.G (M.A., M.Sc., M.Com, etc;) courses, P.G. certificate courses and five years Integrated Programmes ( M.A., M.Sc., M.B.A) offered by Osmania, Kakatiya and more universities like mahatma Gandhi, Palamuru, Telangana, Satavahana and Jawaharlal Nehru Technological Universities for the educational year 2020-2021.
Participating Universities In Osmania University CPGET Exam
- Osmania University
- Kakatiya University
- Telangana University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Palamuru University
- Satavahan University
Osmania University Minimum Eligibility Criteria for UG and PG courses
- The minimum eligibility to apply for admission to Osmania University’s in UG courses is at least candidate must have 40% marks in Class XII or equivalent from a recognized university/board
- The minimum eligibility to apply for admission to Osmania University’s in PG courses is at least a candidate must have 40% marks in Graduation from a recognized university
- For 5-year integrated programs in Osmania university is a minimum of 50% to all candidates.
For Osmania University Fee Structure Click Here
Osmania University Admission Process
In Osmania University, admission to Undergraduate(UG) courses in, Commerce, Physical, Biological Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, the admission is based on the merit list in the previous qualifying exam of the students.
However, admission to Undergraduate (UG) Engineering and Technology courses (BE, BTech, etc) is only granted on the basis of marks scored in EAMCET by the candidate.
At the Postgraduate(PG) level and in Ph.D. programs, admission is granted only through an entrance exam conducted by the university (CPGET). Sole admission criterion of POSTGRADUATE courses in engineering and technology is GATE scores.
Admission to MBA and MCA courses at Prof. G. Ram Reddy Centre for Distance Education is offered through in house entrance test. Admission to the rest of the UG/PG courses is offered on the basis of merit in the previous qualifying exam by the candidates.
Once the candidates are selected for admission in the university, they will be invited by the related department/affiliated colleges for counseling and to complete final admission formalities. The counseling process, in general, commences during the last week of June / first week of July every year.
Check Information Brochure for detailed Eligibility, Admission Process, and Important Dates.
Osmania University Application Process:
The admission method in Osmania University is taken care of by directorate of Admissions, which assists and facilitates students in securing seats within the course of their selection.
To access the application form, interested candidates can need to register themselves on the OU web site by getting into a legitimate email ID and other details. when successful registration, a registration ID are going to be generated which will act as the login ID of the candidate.
The online form is to be filled stuffed and submitted in person or by post at the subsequent address.
Office of the Directorate of Admission, Osmania University, Hyderabad-500609
Along with the application form, the candidates are also required to fill an ICR sheet available online.
Documents to be enclosed with the application form:
- Copy of mark sheets of previous qualifying exams
- Acknowledgment Card
- ICR sheet
- Demand Draft
Osmania University Entrance Exam CPGET 2020 Admit Card
The admit cards for entrance exams can be downloaded by the candidate from the Osmania University official website by entering the registration number and date of birth. In case of any inability to download the admit card, the candidates will get duplicate to admit card of the same on the day before the exam by showing proof of filling of the application form and one passport-sized photograph (identical to the one affixed on the application form) and by paying Rs 30.
Candidates can download the duplicate admit card from the university(OU) website and get attested by the Chief Superintendent of the concerned test center at least one hour before the commencement of the exam.
Examination Pattern of CPGET 2020
- The entrance tests in all the subjects will be of 90 minutes duration. But in M.P.Ed. Entrance test, the question paper consists of 100 objectives (multiple choice only) type questions for 100 marks.
- For M.P.Ed., the entrance test will be of 75 multiple choice objective questions for 75 marks. The remaining 25 marks will be awarded by the Department of Physical Education, Osmania University for the Sports achievements of the candidates during the last three years. A table showing the incentive marks for sports achievements at different levels is given in Annexure-V. The decision of the Department of Physical Education, OU will be final and binding in awarding the incentive marks for sports achievements.
- The entrance test will consist of any 3 or 4 varieties of objective type items such as analogies, classification, matching, comprehension of a research study/experiment / theoretical point of view, etc., with multiple answers besides the usual multiple-choice items. The items will be framed only from the syllabus of the entrance test.
- The pattern of Entrance Test for Admission into M.Sc. Biochemistry, Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Genetics, and Microbiology is as follows. Candidates have to appear for a common entrance test, namely, BCESFSG&M comprising of Part-A (Chemistry for 40 Marks) and Part-B (One of the optional studied at B.Sc. level among the optional subjects: Physics, Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Microbiology and Biochemistry) for 60 Marks.
- The pattern of Entrance Test for Admissions into M.Sc.Bio-Technology comprising of Part-A (Chemistry for 40 marks) and part-B (Bio-Technology for 60 Marks).
Admission Cycle of Osmania University.
The admission process at Osmania University (OU) starts in April and continues through June.
International Students Admission at Osmania University
The admission process for Foreign/International Students is conducted by Osmania University’s foreign candidate wing, Foreign Relation Office of the university.
Foreign category students do not have to sit in any entrance test as their admission to the university will be done on the basis of the merit list. They are required to fill a separate application form available on the Foreign Relation Office website.
Admission cycle for International students
International students can apply for Provisional Admission into any undergraduate, post-graduate, B.E./B.Tech./ B.Pharmacy/Pharma.D./BHM & CT/BCT&CA/ME/M Tech and other Diploma programmes from January 1 every year.
The last date of submission of application for UG, PG & Diploma Courses is May 31 of that year and for BE/B Tech/ B Pharmacy/Pharma D/BHM & CT/BCT&CA/ME/MTech Course is June 30 of that year. The admissions for the Ph.D. programme are available throughout the year.
Documents required to be submitted at the time of admission:
- Duly filled application form
- Student Visa
- Marksheets of previous qualifying exam or equivalent ( in English)
- Copy of passport
- Transfer certificate (if applicable)
- Letter of sponsorship (for NRIs)
For Osmania University Distance admission Click Here
Osmania University(OU) Courses Offered
- PG Diploma
Osmania University Campus Colleges:
|University College of Arts & Social Sciences||www.arts.osmania.ac.in|
|University College of Science||www.osmania.ac.in/sciencecollege|
|University College of Law||www.osmania.ac.in/lawcollege|
|University College of Commerce & Business Management||www.osmania.ac.in/uccbm|
|University College of Education||www.osmania.ac.in/ucedu|
|University College of Engineering||www.uceou.edu|
|University College of Technology||www.ouct.ac.in|
|University College of Physical Education||www.ucpeou.ac.in|
Osmania University Constituent colleges:
|University College for Women||www.oucwkoti.ac.in|
|University College of Science, Saifabad||www.ucssou.ac.in|
|University PG College, Secunderabad||www.upgcs.ac.in|
|PG College of Law Basheerbagh||www.osmania.ac.in/pgcl/|
Osmania University Affiliated Colleges:
|List of B.Ed/ B.PEd/ M.Ed /Special Courses Colleges||View|
|List of Affiliated MBA/MCA Colleges||View|
|List of Affiliated PG Colleges||View|
|List of Affiliated Pharmacy Colleges||View|
|List of Affiliated Engineering Colleges||View|
|List of Hotel Management Colleges||View|
|List of LAW Colleges||View|
|List of Oriental Colleges||View|
|List of PG Diploma Colleges||View|
The Osmania University Accreditation by NAAC
Accreditation by NAAC. OU is the only real one to qualify for this scheme. It enjoys NAAC’s A+ grade with a score of a 3.52-grade point. University is also taking care of girls mostly recently university allow construction of a girls’ hostel, boys and girls washrooms and standard rooms in six campus colleges. Rs 70 crore is going to be utilized for up-gradation and renovation of existing facilities. Office of Admission of the Directorate Together with the application form, the applicants are also required to fill an ICR sheet available online.
Osmania University Vision And Mission
The Vision of the University is to get and bare information through a harmonious mix of ancient and trendy knowledge, and to serve the society by developing in students heightened intellectual, cultural, ethical, and humane sensitivities; to foster a scientific temper, and to push skilled and technological experience. Central to the current vision may be a commitment to regional and national development in consonance with our culture, heritage, and surroundings.
- Is to achieve excellence in teaching and analysis.
- To generate, bare and preserve information.
- To meet the challenges of fancy and trendy society through hep social reach.
- And to empower through information and data.
- To develop an accountable and productive group.
- However to develop, enhance, and improve the standard of human resources.
- To cultivate resolute ethical and moral values.
- To meet modern regional and national desires and anticipate future social and economic development.
- And to preserve and promote cultural heritage, humanistic and religious values.
Osmania University Contact Details:
- Address: Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007
- Phone: 040 2768 2444
Is there any age limit for a Ph.D. course in OU?
No, there is no age limit for this program by OU.
Is there any negative marking in the entrance exams of OU?
No, there are no negative marks for any wrong answer.
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th