Optometry Courses After 12th Admission 2021-22: Ophthalmology is the branch of bio-science in which we study the human eye and its diseases. Due to new eye diseases, the demand for field experts is rising with every dawn of the day.
Optometry is the branch of medical study. Many of the occupation possibilities open after completing any optometry courses. UGC approves this program. In the field of healthcare, Optometry is growing quickly. Many universities offer this course with different eligibility. The optometry course duration is three years. Students can complete online and offline Optometry courses.
- Rama University, Uttar Pradesh, offering candidates admission in Diploma in Optometry 2021-22. Students can find more information on the official website. To know more, Click here
- Jain University is taking admission for B.Sc Optometry session 2021-22. To know more information, visit the official website. Click here
Optometry Courses After 12th Highlights
|Admission Procedure||Counselling After Qualification Entrance|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2.5 to 8 Lacs (annually)|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Major Entrance Exams||AIIMS, JNU, DU, CMC, etc.|
|Minimum Qualification Required||10th and 12th completed from a recognized educational Board.|
|Total Course Fee||INR 2 to 6 Lacs|
|Areas of Employment||Government/Private Optometry Hospitals, Clinics, and Orthopedic Optic Manufacturing Stations|
|Job Positions||Optician, Eye Doctor, Teacher, etc.
What are Optometry Courses After 12th
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
Optometry is related to the eye care and visual system in the medical profession. An optometrist diagnoses eye diseases, vision problems and determines lenses. An optometrist can also diagnose ocular diseases, and an optometrist is not considered an eye doctor. In this modern world, several people are suffering from eye diseases. The number of eye patients is increasing. The need for optometrists is also growing.
Optometry Courses After 12th Admission 2021-22
Optometry is the branch of science that deals with eyes study and different instruments associated with eyes. Optometry course after 12th is one of the trending fields in today’s world as the uses of mobiles, computers, and TVs have increased, so the diseases and defects of eyes are growing. According to a survey, about 5% increase in the eye defected observed people last year. Many universities offer degree programs and courses to pupils at both PG and UG levels in the field of optometry. Admissions are granted to the pupils based on pupils’ marks in entry tests or qualifying exams.
- Our young students are not appropriately guided about the study courses. They do not have proper knowledge of new fields. They are unaware of current study courses, and they are misguided. There is a contradiction between parents and children in future study planning. Parents have their dreams for their children.
- They want something else for them. But students want to study in a different field. As a result, students do not take an interest in those courses. They do not struggle to achieve their goals. Consequently, students do not prosper in that particular field and fail to reach their desired destination.
- In this modern world, the healthcare sector is gaining more progress day by day. Many opportunities are being created in this field. Many study programs are being offered in the country in the healthcare sector.
- One of these programs is optometry. Optometry courses after 12th are being offered in our country by various universities and colleges. Before going into the details of the optometry courses, let us now take a look at the optometry field.
Universities offer degree streams and courses in the field of optometry at every stage of education. The candidates who have passed the HSSC level exam from any certified university of the country are eligible to apply for admissions in all UG courses.
List of Optometry Courses After 12th
Numerous optometry courses are being offered in private and government colleges and universities. If you want an exciting and growing career, these optometry courses can help them achieve your standard destination. In our country, three types of optometry courses are being offered in colleges and universities.
- Certificate Courses
- Diploma Courses
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses
Many universities offer Diplomas in Optometry at the UG level. Doctor in medicine Optometry degree courses to the pupil. The university also provides many PG courses.
- Diploma in Optometry
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Tech
- Doctor of Medicine in Optometry
- MSc in Optometry
- B.Sc in Ophthalmic Tech
- MS in Ophthalmology
- PG Diploma in Optometry
Bachelor of Optometry Courses (BOPTOM)
|Approx Fee/Year||INR 50000-1.5 Lakhs|
Bachelor of optometry is a highly valued and essential optometry course in our country. The bachelor of optometry is a 4-year long undergraduate program, and the duration of the academic is three years. After completing the educational program, there is a 1-year mandatory internship. Students will be declared qualified optometrists only after completing this internship program.
Eligibility For Bachelor of Optometry
- The minimum requirements to apply for this bachelor’s degree program are 12th with Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and English as major subjects and a minimum of 45% marks.
- The candidate must be over 17 years of age at the time of the start of the course.
- The admission process includes the marks obtained by the candidate, and certain universities and colleges have made their entrance tests.
- Candidates will have to pass those entrance tests to acquire admission.
BSc in Optometry
|Approx Fee/Year||INR 20,000-70,000|
|Duration||3- 4 Years|
BSc in optometry is also an important optometry course in our country. The duration of the BSc in optometry course is four years. It is an undergraduate program. The period of the academic is three years. After completing the academic program, students will have to pass through a 1-year internship program. Students will be declared qualified optometrists only after completing this internship program.
Eligibility For BSc in Optometry
- Minimum requirements are 12th with Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and English as major subjects and a minimum of 45% marks.
- The student’s age must be over 17 years at the time of the start of the course.
- The admission process includes the marks obtained by the candidate.
- Certain universities and colleges have made their entrance tests. Candidates have to pass those entrance tests to get admission. Certain institutions in our country offer direct admissions also.
Diploma in Optometry Courses
|Approx Fee/Year||INR 20,000-80,000|
A diploma in optometry is an exciting and career-oriented program in our country. The diploma in optometry is two years long program. In some institutions, the duration of this course is three years. A diploma in optometry is job-oriented. It makes a student able to take admission further in the Bachelor’s degree program. In this way, he can excel his career.
Eligibility For Diploma in Optometry
- The minimum requirements to apply for this bachelor’s degree program are 12th and a minimum of 45% marks.
- Although certain institutions also offer admissions after the 10th.
- The aspirant must be over 17 years of age at the time of the start of the course. Admission can be acquired based on the marks obtained by the aspirant.
Certificate Courses in Optometry
|Eligibility||10th Or 10+2|
|Approx Fee||INR 10,000-50,000|
|Duration||6- 12 months|
- Certificate courses do not have a good reputation. They are not considered much important. People do not take an interest in these courses, and certificate courses do not give in-depth knowledge of the particular field. They do not fulfill the educational needs of the students.
- But one may obtain these certificate courses to start one’s career in different sectors on a lower scale. In other words, we can say that these certificate courses can help students to do part-time jobs and earn to meet their expenditures.
Eligibility For Certificate Courses in Optometry
- The duration of the certificate courses of optometry is 1 to 2 years. The required qualification for these certificate courses is 12th with 45% marks, though some institutions also offer after 10th.
- The candidate must be above the age of 17 years at the start of the course. There is no hard and fast rule to acquire admission because many private and government institutes are offering these certificate courses.
Suggested University for Optometry Courses
|Maharaja Krishna Kumar Sinhji Bhavnagar University||30000||Gujarat|
|Maharaja Sayajirao University Of Baroda||30056||Gujarat|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education||30280||Karnataka|
|MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences||30336||Karnataka|
Scope of Optometry Courses After 12th
- The optometry field provides excellent career opportunities. Unfortunately, people in our country do not take much interest in these courses. The dreams and needs of the people are too high, and to fulfil their dreams, they opt for other methods.
- The majority of the students does not select optometry courses. Students consider them boring. They do not take much interest in these courses. But the field of optometry has its importance and value in this present world.
- The field of optometry does not make a person doctor correctly. But it is a career-oriented field. It promises a bright future to the students. Those who have done the optometry courses have vast opportunities.
- These days a considerable number of eye clinics have been set up. They offer great job opportunities to optometrists.
- Furthermore, there are ophthalmic departments in hospitals. They also announce jobs for optometrists. Working in a hospital’s ophthalmic department is not more than a blessing for the optometrist. Government hospitals provide a good salary with other benefits.
- We understand that you would be waiting impatiently for the expected salary in this field. Well, the field of optometry is no doubt an exciting field.
- You can earn 20k to 50k in this field. But if you have experience of a few years, you can make more than 30k to 35k in a month.
- To conclude, optometry courses have great value in our country. They make the future of the students bright. After completing these courses, one can achieve an excellent job in private eye clinics or government hospitals in ophthalmic departments. One can also start one’s own business in the optical shop.
- One can also do marketing of lenses and spectacles to the manufacturing units. The scope of this field is very high. It also enjoys a good reputation. We would recommend these above-mentioned job-oriented optometry courses to the students after the 12th to have a stunning future.
More Courses After 12th
- Courses after 12th
- Courses after 12th MANAGEMENT
- Courses after 12th COMMERCE
- Courses after 12th SCIENCE
Be the first to leave a review.