Optometry Courses After 12th Admission 2021-22: Ophthalmology is the branch of bio-science in which we study the human eye and its diseases. Due to new eye diseases, the demand for field experts is rising with every dawn of the day.
Optometry Courses Highlights:
|Admission Procedure||Counselling After Qualification Entrance|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2.5 to 8 Lacs (annually)|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Major Entrance Exams||AIIMS, JNU, DU, CMC, etc.|
|Minimum Qualification Required||10th and 12th completed from a recognized educational Board.|
|Total Course Fee||INR 2 to 6 Lacs|
|Areas of Employment||Government/Private Optometry Hospitals, Clinics, and Orthopedic Optic Manufacturing Stations|
|Job Positions||Optician, Eye Doctor, Teacher, etc.
Optometry Courses After 12th Admission 2021-22:
Optometry is the branch of science that deals with eyes study and different instruments associated with eyes. Optometry is one of the trending fields in today’s world as the uses of mobiles, computers, and TVs have increased, so the diseases and defects of eyes are growing. According to a survey, about 5% increase in the eye defected observed people last year. Many universities offer degree programs and courses to pupils at both PG and UG levels in the field of optometry. Admissions are granted to the pupils based on pupils’ marks in entry tests or qualifying exams.
|University Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Diploma Course||Management Courses|
|Paramedical Courses||Distance Courses|
|IGNOU July Admission||PHD Admission|
- Our young students are not appropriately guided about the study courses. They do not have proper knowledge of new fields. They are unaware of current study courses, and they are misguided. There is a contradiction between parents and children in future study planning. Parents have their dreams for their children.
- They want something else for them. But students want to study in a different field. As a result, students do not take an interest in those courses. They do not struggle to achieve their goals. Consequently, students do not prosper in that particular field and fail to reach their desired destination.
- In this modern world, the healthcare sector is gaining more progress day by day. Many opportunities are being created in this field. Many study programs are being offered in the country in the healthcare sector.
- One of these programs is optometry. Optometry courses are being offered in our country by various universities and colleges. Before going into the details of the optometry courses, let us now take a look at the optometry field.
What is Optometry Course?
Optometry is related to the eye care and visual system in the medical profession. An optometrist diagnoses eye diseases, vision problems and determines lenses. An optometrist can also diagnose ocular diseases, and an optometrist is not considered an eye doctor. In this modern world, several people are suffering from eye diseases. The number of eye patients is increasing. The need for optometrists is also growing.
When these patients went to an optometrist, an optometrist has to check the patient properly. He can correct their lens and spectacles issues. But if he finds a specific severe problem, he refers their case to the concerned doctor and does not try to cure them.
Eligibility Criteria & Entrance Exam:
Universities offer degree streams and courses in the field of ophthalmology at every stage of education. The candidates who have passed the HSSC level exam from any certified university of the country are eligible to apply for admissions in all UG courses.
Scope of Optometry Courses After 12th
- The optometry field provides excellent career opportunities. Unfortunately, people in our country do not take much interest in these courses. The dreams and needs of the people are too high, and to fulfill their dreams, they opt for other methods.
- The majority of the students does not select optometry courses. Students consider them boring. They do not take much interest in these courses. But the field of optometry has its importance and value in this present world.
- The field of optometry does not make a person doctor correctly. But it is a career-oriented field. It promises a bright future to the students. Those who have done the optometry courses have vast opportunities.
- These days a considerable number of eye clinics have been set up. They offer great job opportunities to optometrists.
- Furthermore, there are ophthalmic departments in hospitals. They also announce jobs for optometrists. Working in a hospital’s ophthalmic department is not more than a blessing for the optometrist. Government hospitals provide a good salary with other benefits.
Scope of B.Sc Optometry Courses
- Moreover, you can start your own business with the help of these courses. Optometry courses make one able to set up one’s optical shop. Opening a shop is also a growing business in this modern world. Further, after completing these courses one may also establish one’s own lens manufacturing unit.
- The field of optometry is also suitable for marketing. After completing the optometry courses one may start the job of marketing. Marketing is the most growing and emerging field in this present time. One may start marketing of lens and other ophthalmic instruments to the hospitals and eye care clinics. In this way, one can earn a handsome amount every month.
- Teaching is also the best option, and you can teach optometry in different colleges and universities. It makes the future of the student more elegant and charming.
- A teacher enjoys great repute. He is respected everywhere. You can become a teacher, instructor, or trainer at optometry training schools and colleges. You can also acquire the job of teaching optometry programs in medical universities and colleges.
- We understand that you would be waiting impatiently for the expected salary in this field. Well, the field of optometry is no doubt an exciting field.
- You can earn 20k to 50k in this field. But if you have experience of a few years, you can make more than 30k to 35k in a month.
List of Optometry Courses After 12th
Numerous optometry courses are being offered in private and government colleges and universities. If you want an exciting and growing career, these optometry courses can help them achieve your standard destination. In our country, three types of optometry courses are being offered in colleges and universities.
- Certificate Courses
- Diploma Courses
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses
Many universities offer Diplomas in ophthalmology at the UG level. Doctor in medicine Ophthalmology degree courses to the pupil. The university also provides many PG courses.
- Diploma in Ophthalmology
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Tech
- Doctor of Medicine in Ophthalmology
- M.Sc. in Ophthalmology
- B.Sc in Ophthalmic Tech
- MS in Ophthalmology
- PG Diploma in Ophthalmology
Bachelor of Optometry Courses (B.OPTOM)
|Approx Fee/Year||INR 50000-1.5 Lakhs|
Bachelor of optometry is a highly valued and essential optometry course in our country. The bachelor of optometry is a 4-year long undergraduate program, and the duration of the academic is three years. After completing the educational program, there is a 1-year mandatory internship. Students will be declared qualified optometrists only after completing this internship program.
Eligibility For Bachelor of Optometry
- The minimum requirements to apply for this bachelor’s degree program are 12th with Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and English as major subjects and a minimum of 45% marks.
- The candidate must be over 17 years of age at the time of the start of the course.
- The admission process includes the marks obtained by the candidate and certain universities and colleges have made their entrance tests.
- Candidates will have to pass those entrance tests to acquire admission.
BSc in Optometry
|Approx Fee/Year||INR 20,000-70,000|
|Duration||3- 4 Years|
B.Sc in optometry is also an important optometry course in our country. The duration of the B.Sc in optometry course is 4 years. It is an undergraduate program. The duration of the academic is 3 years. After completing the academic program students will have to pass through a 1-year internship program. Students will be declared qualified optometrists only after completing this internship program.
Eligibility For B.Sc in Optometry
- Minimum requirements are 12th with Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and English as major subjects and a minimum of 45% marks.
- The age of the candidate must be over 17 years at the time of the start of the course.
- The admission process includes the marks obtained by the candidate.
- Certain universities and colleges have made their entrance tests. Candidates have to pass those entrance tests to get admission. Certain institutions in our country offer direct admissions also.
Diploma in Optometry Courses
|Approx Fee/Year||INR 20,000-80,000|
A diploma in optometry is an exciting and career-oriented program in our country. The diploma in optometry is 2 years long program. In some institutions, the duration of this course is 3 years. A diploma in optometry is job-oriented. It makes a student able to take admission further in the Bachelor’s degree program. In this way, he can excel his career.
Eligibility For Diploma in Optometry
- The minimum requirements to apply for this bachelor’s degree program are 12th and a minimum of 45% marks.
- Although certain institutions also offer admissions after the 10th.
- The candidate must be over 17 years of age at the time of the start of the course. Admission can be acquired based on the marks obtained by the candidate.
Certificate Courses in Optometry
|Eligibility||10th Or 10+2|
|Approx Fee||INR 10,000-50,000|
|Duration||6- 12 months|
- Certificate courses do not have a good reputation. They are not considered much important. People do not take an interest in these courses, and certificate courses do not give in-depth knowledge of the particular field. They do not fulfill the educational needs of the students.
- But one may obtain these certificate courses to start one’s career in different sectors on a lower scale. In other words, we can say that these certificate courses can help students to do part-time jobs and earn to meet their expenditures.
Eligibility For Certificate Courses in Optometry
- The duration of the certificate courses of optometry is 1 to 2 years. The required qualification for these certificate courses is 12th with 45% marks, though some institutions also offer after 10th.
- The candidate must be above the age of 17 years at the start of the course. There is no hard and fast rule to acquire admission. Because a huge number of private and government institutes are offering these certificate courses.
- To conclude, optometry courses have great value in our country. They make the future of the students bright. After completing these courses one can achieve a good job in private eye clinics or government hospitals in ophthalmic departments. One can also start one’s own business in the optical shop.
- One can also do marketing of lenses and spectacles to the manufacturing units. The scope of this field is very high. It also enjoys a good reputation. We would recommend these above-mentioned job-oriented optometry courses to the students after the 12th to have a stunning future.
More Courses After 12th
- Courses after 12th
- Courses after 12th MANAGEMENT
- Courses after 12th COMMERCE
- Courses after 12th SCIENCE
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th