Optometry Courses After 12th: The modern world is the world of competition. Everybody in this world wants to succeed and acquire a bright future. Students are struggling hard to achieve their desired goals. They have their dreams and plans for their future. They are working hard. The needs of the students have increased. They are studying hard to fulfil their dreams. Future planning is an important phase. It comes in the life of every student. Students want to opt for such study courses that promise a bright future with extensive knowledge.
|Admission Procedure||Counselling After Qualification Entrance|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2.5 to 8 Lacs (annually)|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Major Entrance Exams||AIIMS, JNU, DU, CMC, etc.|
|Minimum Qualification Required||10th and 12th completed from a recognized educational Board.|
|Total Course Fee||INR 2 to 6 Lacs|
About Optometry Course
Our young students are not guided properly about the study courses. They do not have proper knowledge of new fields. They are unaware of modern study courses and they are misguided. There is a contradiction between parents and children in future study planning. Parents have their own dreams for their children.
They want something else for them. But students want to study in a different field. As a result, students do not take an interest in those courses. They do not struggle to achieve their goals. Consequently, students do not prosper in that particular field and fail to achieve their desired destination.
In this modern world, the healthcare sector is gaining more progress day by day. Many opportunities are being created in this field. Many study programs are being offered in the country in the healthcare sector.
One of these programs is optometry. Optometry courses are being offered in our country by various universities and colleges. Before going into the details of the optometry courses, let us now take a look at the optometry field.
What is Optometry Course?
Optometry is related to the eye care and visual system in the medical profession. An optometrist diagnosis of eye diseases, vision problems and determine lenses. An optometrist is also capable of diagnosing ocular diseases and optometrist is not considered as an eye doctor.
In this modern world, several people are suffering from eye diseases. The eye patients are increasing. The need for optometrists is also increasing.
When these patients went to an optometrist, an optometrist has to properly check the patient. He can correct their lens and spectacles issues. But if he finds a certain severe problem he refers their case to the concerned doctor and does not try to cure them.
Scope of Optometry Courses After Completing:
- The optometry field provides great career opportunities. Unfortunately, people in our country do not take much interest in these courses. The dreams and needs of the people are too high and to fulfil their dreams they opt for other courses.
- Optometry courses are not selected by the majority of the students. Students consider them boring. They do not take much interest in these courses. But the field of optometry has its importance and value in this present world.
- The field of optometry does not make a person doctor properly. But it is a career-oriented field. It promises a bright future to the students. Those who have done the optometry courses have vast opportunities.
- These days a huge number of eye clinics have been set up. They offer great job opportunities to the optometrists.
- Furthermore, there are ophthalmic departments in hospitals. They also announce jobs for the optometrists. Working in a hospital’s ophthalmic department is not more than a blessing for the optometrist. Government hospitals provide a good salary with other benefits.
Scope of B.Sc Optometry Courses After 12th
- Moreover, you can start your own business with the help of these courses. Optometry courses make one able to set up one’s optical shop. Opening a shop is also a growing business in this modern world. Further, after completing these courses one may also establish one’s own lens manufacturing unit.
- The field of optometry is also suitable for marketing. After completing the optometry courses one may start the job of marketing. Marketing is the most growing and emerging field in this present time. One may start marketing of lens and other ophthalmic instruments to the hospitals and eye care clinics. In this way, one can earn a handsome amount every month.
- Teaching is also the best option. You can teach optometry in different colleges and universities. Teaching is a great and respectable profession. It makes the future of the student more elegant and charming.
- A teacher enjoys great repute. He is respected everywhere. You can become a teacher, instructor or trainer at optometry training schools and colleges. You can also acquire the job of teaching optometry programs in medical universities and colleges.
- We understand that you would be waiting impatiently for the expected salary in this field. Well, the field of optometry is no doubt an exciting field.
- You can earn 20k to 50k in this field. But if you have experience of a few years than you can earn more than 30k to 35k in a month.
List Of Optometry Courses after 12th
Numerous optometry courses are being offered in the private and government colleges and universities. If you want an exciting and growing career than these optometry courses can help them a lot to achieve their standard destination. In our country, three types of optometry courses are being offered in colleges and universities.
- Certificate Courses
- Diploma Courses
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses
Bachelor of Optometry Courses (B.OPTOM)
|Approx Fee/Year||INR 50000-1.5 Lakhs|
Bachelor of optometry is a highly valued and important optometry course in our country. The bachelor of optometry is a 4-year long undergraduate program. The duration of the academic is 3 years. After completing the academic program there is a 1-year mandatory internship. Students will be declared a qualified optometrist only after completing this internship program.
Eligibility For Bachelor of Optometry
- The minimum requirements to apply for this bachelor’s degree program are 12th with Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and English as major subjects and minimum 45% marks.
- Candidate must be over 17 years of age at the time of the start of the course.
- The admission process includes the marks obtained by the candidate and certain universities and colleges have made their entrance tests.
- Candidates will have to pass those entrance tests to acquire admission.
B.SC in Optometry
|Approx Fee/Year||INR 20,000-70,000|
|Duration||3- 4 Years|
B.SC in optometry is also an important optometry course in our country. The duration of the B.SC in optometry course is 4 years. It is an undergraduate program. The duration of the academic is 3 years.
After completing the academic program students will have to pass through a 1-year internship program. Students will be declared a qualified optometrist only after completing this internship program.
Eligibility For B.SC in Optometry
- Minimum requirements are 12th with Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and English as major subjects and minimum 45% marks.
- The age of the candidate must be over 17 years at the time of the start of the course.
- The admission process includes the marks obtained by the candidate.
- Certain universities and colleges have made their entrance tests. Candidates have to pass those entrance tests to get admission. Certain institutions in our country offer direct admissions also.
Diploma in Optometry Courses
|Approx Fee/Year||INR 20,000-80,000|
Diploma in optometry is an exciting and career-oriented program in our country. The diploma in optometry is 2 years long program. In some institutions, the duration of this course is 3 years. A diploma in optometry is job-oriented. It makes a student able to take admission further in the Bachelor’s degree program. In this way, he can excel his career.
Eligibility For Diploma in Optometry
- The minimum requirements to apply for this bachelor’s degree program are 12th and minimum 45% marks.
- Although certain institutions also offer admissions after the 10th.
- Candidate must be over 17 years of age at the time of the start of the course. Admission can be acquired based on the marks obtained by the candidate.
Certificate Courses in Optometry
|Eligibility||10th Or 10+2|
|Approx Fee||INR 10,000-50,000|
|Duration||6- 12 months|
Certificate courses do not have a good reputation. They are not considered much important. They are neglected. People do not take interest in these courses.
Certificate courses do not give in-depth knowledge of the particular field. They do not fulfill the educational needs of the students.
But one may obtain these certificate courses to start one’s career in different sectors on a lower scale. In other words, we can say that these certificate courses can help students to do part-time jobs and earn to meet their expenditures.
Eligibility For Certificate Courses in Optometry
- The duration of the certificate courses of the optometry is 1 to 2 years. The required qualification for these certificate courses is 12th with 45% marks, though some institutions also offer after 10th.
- The candidate must be above the age of 17 years at the start of the course. There is no hard and fast rule to acquire admission. Because a huge number of private and government institutes are offering these certificate courses.
- To conclude, optometry courses have great value in our country. They make the future of the students bright. After completing these courses one can achieve a good job in private eye clinics or government hospitals in ophthalmic departments.
- One can also start one’s own business in the optical shop. One can also do marketing of lens and spectacles to the manufacturing units. The scope of this field is very high. It also enjoys a good reputation. We would recommend these above mentioned job-oriented optometry courses to the students after 12th in order to have a stunning future.
More Courses After 12th
- Courses after 12th
- Courses after 12th MANAGEMENT
- Courses after 12th COMMERCE
- Courses after 12th SCIENCE
- 17 Oct 2020 : Delhi University [ DU ] 2nd Cut Off College-wise List 2020-21 Announcing Admission Process
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2020-21||College Admission Fee 2020-21|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th