Forensic Science Courses After 12th Admission 2022-23: Forensic science is the branch of science that involves studying the human body with different aspects. This course study has courses available for the Diploma and Under graduation degree. There is a wide range of scope for forensic science experts. The experts are employed in the forensic laboratory, police, and many other departments. Forensic Science careers are not for everyone.
Students once complete their 12th class by choosing science stream can opt for forensic science courses which are available for the higher studies; also the 12th class science stream is the base, and after that, students can select their interested specialization courses in which they want to make their future.
There are numerous distinct areas students can select in the Forensic Science field. UGC approves this course. The universities present many UG & PG and diploma courses with different eligibility to the candidates in the sector of Forensic Science.
- All India Forensic Science Entrance Test (AIFSET 2022) Registration will start from 1st December 2021.
What is Forensic Science All About?
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
Forensic Science is a study of investigation and suspecting the criminal evidence on the field. It uses Human extracts (DNA, fingerprints), scientific methods to investigate the evidence. This Evidence can be of crime scenes. What is forensic science used for? It is used in investigating criminal cases, assault, robbery, kidnapping. But now Digital & Cyber Forensic is developing, which is used in Authenticating, Recovery of Digital documents that are evidence for a cyber case. This course is well researched, and the topics of this course are taught through in-depth study and focus.
Forensic Science Courses After 12th Highlights
|Course Name||Forensic Science|
|Course Level||Certificate, Diploma, Bachelors|
Certificate (6 Months),
Diploma (1 to 3 Years),
Bachelors (3 Years)
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 (Science) from a recognized board of India|
|Fee Structure||Around INR 20K to 70k (Depend on University)|
|Admission Process||Both Merit/ Entrance Based|
|Average Salary||3.5 to 5 LPA|
Forensic Architect, Forensic Engineer, Forensic Toxicologist
Police Officer, Forensic Consultant, Forensic Scientist
Private Investigator, Drug Analyst, Crime Laboratory Analyst
Forensic Science Courses After 12th Admission 2022
Admission in Forensic Science courses will soon start in many universities for session 2022. Forensic science courses in India are available at different levels. Forensic science is the best subject to choose to succeed in your life only if you have a passion related to it. Candidates can be done these courses as certificate, diploma & bachelors degree too. To know more about Eligibility, List, Fees, & Syllabus related to forensic sciences.
Forensic science is the application of scientific methods and methods to examine cases by the court. Among the many sciences that you might try in forensics, if you have a passion for detecting or examining crimes, it is the one you will go through. The field of science and law has a lot of ethical aspects.
Topics covered in this study are Crime and Investigative Techniques, DNA Isolation, Forensic Ballistics, Questioned Documents, DNA Profiling, Forensic Biology, Forensic Photography, Forensic Psychology, Forensic Toxicology, Cyber Forensics and Law, Analytical Chemistry, Instrumental Chemistry, and Forensic Physics.
- The candidates who want to take admissions in the UG courses offered by the university must have passed 10+2 exams.
- Students will appear in the entrance test for admission to this course.
- Students pursuing Diploma courses or Bachelors degree courses in Forensic Field are required to complete their 12th Class from the science stream, and also students are required to complete their academic year from a UGC recognized university.
- Subjects like Biology, Chemistry and Physics in their intermediate study.
- Students who want to study in this field is required to check all important regulations which are set up by the college/university for the admissions.
Entrance Exam for Forensic Science After 12th
There are some top universities that take admission based entrance exams score. There is a list of some entrance exams for Forensic science courses.
- CG PAT
- IISER IAT
- BHU UET
Forensic Science Courses After 12th in India
A large number of programs and courses are put up in the field of forensic science for the candidates who just cleared class 12th.
- Forensic Botany
- Forensic Serology
- Digital Forensic
- Mobile Forensic
- Computer Forensic
- Criminology & Crime
- Forensic Chemistry
- Forensic Entomology.
- Forensic Toxicology.
- Forensic Ballistics.
List of Forensic Science Courses After 12th
Which course is best for forensic science? The Forensic Science courses are offered in forensic science at every stage of education, i.e., UG Level, PG level, and PhD level. Now, the course is available in Diploma & Certificate too. Check the course list below.
Certificate courses in Forensic Science
- Certificate Course in Computer Forensics
- Certificate Course in Mobile Forensics
- Basics of Forensic Sciences
- Certificate Course in Cyber Crime Investigation
- Certificate Course in investigation of Crimes against women
- Certificate Course in Forensic Vigilance
- Introduction to Forensic Microbiology
Diploma Courses in Forensic Science
It is relevant for those who wish to develop a wide variety of expertise, abilities, and skills in the field concerned. CPD approves this course, and you should not be concerned with consistency.
This course provides you to reach the correct employment market and helps you develop great knowledge and the talents needed to succeed. You may apply the skills to your resume that will also support you to differentiate yourself in the competitive jobs market.
Forensic Science and Criminology
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 20000-80000|
BSc Forensic Science After 12th
BSc Forensic science is a three-year degree course requiring the application of scientific skills for crimes. Through this area, experts apply their analytical skills to examine the facts on the crime scene. The basic eligibility to take this course is to have 12th students on a recognized board with good marks from all good schools. Also, a minimum score of 55% is the necessary criteria for admission to the training with science subjects.
BSc Forensic Science
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 20000-1Lac|
Top University offering Forensic Science Courses After 12th
|University / College Name||Course||Fees||Duration|
|Gujarat University||B.Sc in Forensic||136000||3 years|
|Lovely Professional University (LPU)||B.Sc in Forensic||360000||3 years|
|Chandigarh University (CU)||B.Sc in Forensic||120000||3 years|
|Integral University, Lucknow||B.Sc in Forensic||225000||3 years|
|Parul University||B.Sc in Forensic||223000||3 years|
|Apex University||B.Sc in Forensic||130000||3 years|
Syllabus of BSc Forensic Science
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Human Anatomy And Physiology||
Physical Evidence In Forensic Science
|Introduction To Forensic Science||
|Fundamentals Of Crime Scene Investigation||
Metric System & Physical Properties Of Evidences
|Crime Scene Investigation Lab||
Metric System Lab
|Understanding Self For Effectiveness||
Problem Solving & Creative Thinking
|Semester III||Semester IV|
Questioned Documents Lab
Research Methodology And Statistics
|Fundamentals Of Forensic Photography|
Forensic Serology Lab
Group Dynamics & Team Building
Forensic Anthropology Lab
Reading & Comprehension
Stress & Coping Strategies
Crime Scenario In India
|Cyber Forensics||Wildlife Forensics|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
Wounds & Its Medico Legal Aspects
Arson And Explosion Investigation
Security Documents & Bank Notes
Summer Internship Evaluation or Study Abroad Programme
Elements Of Criminology Criminal Law & Police Administration
|DNA Fingerprinting Lab||
Questioned Documents Lab
|Forensic Toxicology Lab||
Interpersonal Communication & Relationship Management
|Individual Society And Nations||
Basics Of Forensic Psychology
|Quality Management And Ethics||
Basics Of Digital & Cyber Forensic
Career Scope of Forensic Science Courses After 12th
- The complexity of Forensic Science has been significantly expanded due to an increase in crime rate and offenders. Within the world of forensic science, there are many work openings. There is a huge need for forensic scientists worldwide, mainly in India.
- Students who have a keen interest in the field of forensic are required to be focused on the research study, and also, students get all-important exposure from the lectures which are conducted for the academic study. This course is unique and different from all normal courses for educational study.
- Students who are practising and learning things from the basic level can have a very good career in this field.
- They appear as expert witnesses in criminal and civil trials and will work either in the defence or the indictment at the forensic laboratory. Throughout the government sector, forensic scientists may be hired. They serve in numerous police agencies and research departments, provincial and national government investigating authorities, and the court system. Some candidates qualify in this sector in some private agencies.
- Forensic scientists may also be recruited around the government sector. It represents the criminal authorities and the judicial system of many police forces and departments of science, regional and national governments. There are some other employees in some private organizations participating in this field.
Jobs Area for Forensic Science Courses
Once a student completes the course, admires to have a good position and job role, which can enhance their career in a better way. Students, after completing their Bachelor’s degree, can opt for the job roles and can start their professional journey. The field of forensic science is a popular course that has unique job profiles and tasks which are considered to be responsibility and risk-taking tasks.
- Forensic Architect
- Forensic Engineer
- Forensic Toxicologist
- Police Officer
- Forensic Consultant
- Forensic Scientist
- Private Investigator
- Drug Analyst
- Crime Laboratory Analyst
- Forensic Serologist
Most forensics jobs in the public sector are very narrowly organized and paid. That is the reason for salaries. In the private sector, companies provide qualified employees with decent salaries. What is the salary after forensic science? The starting salary is between Rs. 3 Lacs and Rs. 4 Lacs each annum after training in forensic science. Professionals will earn Rs 6 to Rs 8 lacs per year with experience. You will receive an average salary of $55,040 per year if you work in another country.
- We have mentioned all the details about the courses that you can apply to after the 12th.
- So you can read this article properly before you apply for any courses. In general, forensic science is also a profession for people with a curious mind and an ability to know even the slightest information during their studies. When aspirants can look at and examine even the minute specifics of a case, it would be a good option for forensic science. Anyone interested should take a look at the above-listed list of courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Do Forensic Science Experts get well Paid in India?
Ans:- Students get a question that does India pays well, and surprisingly the answer is yes because there is no such course of study for which India does not pay well, just students are required to find better organizations and need to work prominently.
Ques: What is the salary of the forensic doctor?
Ans:- The Value of forensic doctors is most precious, and they are recognized to be in a demanding profession. Also, professionals who are experts in this field can get a good handsome amount, for freshers, the starting salary is about 25,000/- and for the professionals and experienced get around 60 thousand per month.
Ques: Is online degree available for this course?
Ans:- There is no such degree designed for the online or distance mode, as students are required to study the course in regular mode only, but yes, the short term courses are available for the admissions, and if they want to attend, they can choose such programs. Diploma courses are required to be mainly introduced for the short term courses.
Ques: Can BSc Study of India be useful in Canada?
Ans:- For real update, yes it is useful, but it depends on the company which hires because Canada is a different country and slight changes in educational terms are natural which a student will have to adapt and learn because students can have a great career in Canada, but the concepts and the task performing parts will be little different from India, an honest suggestion will be that if a student wants to make their career in Canada as a forensic officer, then they should choose their studies in Canada.
Ques: Does IGNOU offers B.Sc in Forensic Science?
Ans:- No, IGNOU being an open and distance learning educational university, has not introduced this course because this course requires the base of the practical lectures, and regular lectures are mandatory for the curriculum growth of this university.
Be the first to leave a review.