Forensic science courses after 12th: Forensic science is a significant part of science and technology. Forensic science subjects comprise the theoretical, analytical, and practical aspects of crime & investigations, toxicology, fingerprints & impressions, DNA profiling, questioned documents, and much more.
Someone who completes the study of forensic science must incorporate critical thinking, decision-making, and fine laboratory skills or practices. Forensic science is a subject that is hard to digest; however, it is possible because thousands of students in India reached their destinations last year.
The modern education system attracts school-passed students to register for the desired part of forensic science to learn, serve, earn, and live a meaningful life. A forensic science professional’s salary should be between 4.8 and 6.9 LPA.
The programs in forensic science are largely affected by several disciplines, such as biology, chemistry, ballistics, toxicology, psychology, etc. The average fees for forensic science courses are between INR 33,000 and INR 86,000 annually.
This article will offer sufficient details to assist aspirants in successfully getting admission to forensic science programs.
Forensic Science Courses After 12th Highlights
|Course Name||Forensic Science|
|Course Level||Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor|
|Course Duration||Certificate (6 Months)|
|Diploma (1 to 3 Years)|
|Bachelor (3 Years)|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 (Science) from a recognized board of India|
|Entrance Exams||AIFSET, CG PAT, IISER IAT, OUAT, GSAT, BHU UET, NEST|
|Fee Structure||Around INR 20K to 70k (Depending on University)|
|Admission Process||Both Merit/ Entrance Based|
|Average Salary||3.5 to 5 LPA|
|Jobs Area||Forensic Architect, Forensic Engineer, Forensic Toxicologist, Police Officer, Forensic Consultant, Forensic Scientist, Private Investigator, Drug Analyst, Crime Laboratory Analyst, Forensic Serologist|
Students can choose from a variety of areas within Forensic Science. This course has been approved by the UGC. There are many UG & PG courses and diploma programs in the field of forensic science at universities with different eligibility requirements.
What is Forensic Science All About?
Forensic Science studies investigating and suspecting criminal evidence in the field. It uses Human extracts (DNA, fingerprints) and scientific methods to investigate the evidence. This Evidence can be from crime scenes.
What is forensic science used for? It is used in investigating criminal cases, assault, robbery, and kidnapping. But now Digital & Cyber Forensics is developing, which is used in Authenticating, and Recovery of Digital documents that are evidence for a cyber case. This course is well-researched, and the topics of this course are taught through in-depth study and focus.
- Eligibility: The general eligibility criteria required is Class 10 + 2 graduation from a recognized board.
- Entrance Exams: Admission to these universities is entrance based on the national level and state level examinations such as AIFSET, NEST, CG PAT, BHU UET, IISER IAT, GSAT, and QUAT.
- Duration: The duration of the courses depends on the course you are taking. Diploma courses have a duration of one to two years, UG has a duration of 3 to 4 years, and Most Certificate courses vary from hours to days.
- College/Universities: Some universities in India offer forensic science courses in offline mode. The universities include Gujarat Forensic Science University, Amity University, Anna University, and Delhi University.
- Name of some Forensic Science Courses After 12th: The universities offer courses such as BTech Information and Technology and Forensics, BSc Forensic Science, MSc Forensic Science, Ph.D. in Forensic Science, etc.
- Salary: The graduates of this course are in high demand in law firms, forensic science laboratories, the Intelligence Bureau (IB), the army, police crime branches, hospitals, and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). These institutions offer an annual package of INR 3,50,000 to INR 10,00,000 per year. Below are some most common forensic science courses.
Admission to Forensic Science Courses After 12th
Admission to forensic science courses after 12th grade opens up for the following learning styles: traditional and online. The universities in India, till now, have not followed the distance education path for forensic science courses due to the regular practice sessions.
Forensic science programs are formed in the following manner: BSc forensic science, BSc forensic psychology, BSc criminology, BSc forensic chemistry, and more. Admission to the chosen programs is based on the passing score from the entrance exams.
Universities in India like National Forensic Science University, Osmania University, Jamia Hamdard University, and others are among those that conduct or approve entrance exams before granting admission to forensic programs.
Some Top Forensic Science Courses After 12th Available in India
- BSc Forensic Science: Bachelor of Science in Forensic Science is an undergraduate covering numerous courses in the crime department. Some courses are Spectrophotometry, introduction to Toxicology, Behavioural Science, Grouping, Species Identification, Benzidine Test, Blood Pattern Analysis, Blood Analysis, English, Law, and Criminal Behaviour, etc.
- MD: MD is also known as Forensic Medicine and Technology. It covers various topics in Forensic Medicine, Forensic Toxicology, XRay Films, Bones, Weapons, Poisons, Spots, Age Determination cases, Making reports, Observations, Interpretations, Injury Cases, Sexual Offense Cases, Procedures, Autopsy cases, etc.
- Advanced Diploma Course Certification in Forensic Sciences and Criminology: The course is a diploma course, one of the shortest ways to graduate. The course covers subjects such as General Forensic Science, Criminology, Crime Law, Microbiology and Biochemical, Advanced DNA Methods, Case File Projects, Computer Forensics, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Documents, Drug of Abuse, Forensic Toxicology, Fingerprint Science, etc.
- Diploma in Fingerprint Examination: It is also a diploma course covering many subjects such as Fingerprint Development Techniques, Computer-Aided Techniques including Identification, the Science of Fingerprints, etc.
Forensic Science courses After 12th: Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates who want to take admissions in the university’s UG courses must have passed the 10+2 exams.
- Students will appear in the entrance test for admission to this course.
- Students pursuing Diploma courses or bachelor’s degree courses in Forensic Field must complete their 12th Class from the science stream. Students are also required to complete their academic year at a UGC-recognized university.
- Subjects like Biology, Chemistry, and Physics in their intermediate study.
- Students who want to study in this field must check all important regulations the college/university sets up for admissions.
Forensic science courses After 12th: Fee
There is no specific fee structure for forensic courses. It changes every year, and various universities have updated the fee for the academic session 2023. Students can visit the official website of a particular university to which they are seeking admission for the fee structure. The average fee for the courses varies from INR 33,000 and INR 86,000 annually, based on the university.
Forensic Science Courses After 12th: Entrance Exam
Many Universities & Colleges provide forensic science courses based on the entrance exam. The university only conducts entrance tests for giving out UG courses like BSc forensic science. But some institutes hold tests for Diploma courses also. There are limited seats available for forensic science courses.
AIFSET – The All India Forensic Science Entrance Test is a National level test for enrolling in forensic science courses at the participating universities. Those who wish to pursue a career in this field can apply for the course through this examination.
Several entrance tests are university-based, and students can opt for them one of them. Entrances include CG PAT, IISER IAT, OUAT, GSAT, BHU UET, and NEST.
Also, some universities do not conduct any entrance, and the merit scores are considered.
- CG PAT
- IISER IAT
- BHU UET
Forensic Science Courses After 12th: Include
Many programs and courses are put up in forensic science for candidates who just cleared class 12th.
- Forensic Botany
- Forensic Serology
- Digital Forensic
- Mobile Forensic
- Computer Forensic
- Criminology & Crime
- Forensic Chemistry
- Forensic Entomology.
- Forensic Toxicology.
- Forensic Ballistics.
List of Forensic Science Courses After 12th
Which course is best for forensic science? Forensic Science courses are offered in forensic science at every stage of education, i.e., UG Level, PG level, and Ph.D. level. Now, the course is available in Diploma & Certificate too. Check the course list below.
Certificate Forensic Science Courses After 12th
- Certificate Course in Computer Forensics
- Certificate Course in Mobile Forensics
- Basics of Forensic Sciences
- Certificate Course in Cyber Crime Investigation
- Certificate Course in the investigation of crimes against women
- Certificate Course in Forensic Vigilance
- Introduction to Forensic Microbiology
Diploma Forensic Science Courses After 12th
There are many institutes in India that offer the Diploma in Forensic Science course. Applicants must have completed their 12th-grade education in the science stream. A diploma course in this field usually lasts two to three years. Forensic science diploma courses are available at affordable fees from top institutes such as IMTS and Singhania University.
BSc Forensic Science Courses After 12th
BSc Forensic Science is a three-year course requiring applying scientific skills to crimes. Through this area, experts apply their analytical skills to examine the facts at the crime scene. The basic eligibility for this course is to have 12th students on a recognized board with good marks from all good schools. Also, a minimum score of 55% is necessary for admission to the training in science subjects.
BSc Forensic Science
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 20000-1Lac|
Top University Offering Forensic Science Courses After 12th
|University / College Name||Course||Fees||Duration|
|Gujarat University||B.Sc in Forensic||136000||3 years|
|Lovely Professional University (LPU)||B.Sc in Forensic||360000||3 years|
|Chandigarh University (CU)||B.Sc in Forensic||120000||3 years|
|Integral University, Lucknow||B.Sc in Forensic||225000||3 years|
|Parul University||B.Sc in Forensic||223000||3 years|
|Apex University||B.Sc in Forensic||130000||3 years|
Entrance Exam For Forensic Science Courses After 12th
Tests may be required by some universities before students are admitted. An entrance exam and 12th-grade marks are typically required for forensic science courses after 12th. Some of the most important entrance exams are listed below.
- IISER IAT
- CG PAT
- BHU UET
BSc Forensic Science Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Human Anatomy And Physiology||
Physical Evidence In Forensic Science
|Introduction To Forensic Science||
|Fundamentals Of Crime Scene Investigation||
Metric System & Physical Properties Of Evidence
|Crime Scene Investigation Lab||
Metric System Lab
|Understanding Self For Effectiveness||
Problem-Solving & Creative Thinking
|Semester III||Semester IV|
Questioned Documents Lab
Research Methodology And Statistics
|Fundamentals Of Forensic Photography|
Forensic Serology Lab
Group Dynamics & Team Building
Forensic Anthropology Lab
Reading & Comprehension
Stress & Coping Strategies
Crime Scenario In India
|Cyber Forensics||Wildlife Forensics|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
Wounds & Its Medico-Legal Aspects
Arson And Explosion Investigation
Security Documents & Bank Notes
Summer Internship Evaluation or Study Abroad Programme
Elements Of Criminology Criminal Law & Police Administration
|DNA Fingerprinting Lab||
Questioned Documents Lab
|Forensic Toxicology Lab||
Interpersonal Communication & Relationship Management
|Individual Society And Nations||
Basics Of Forensic Psychology
|Quality Management And Ethics||
Basics Of Digital & Cyber Forensic
Scope of Forensic Science Courses After 12th
- The complexity of Forensic Science has been significantly expanded due to an increase in crime rate and offenders. Within the world of forensic science, there are many work openings. There is a huge need for forensic scientists worldwide, mainly in India.
- Students who have a keen interest in the field of forensics are required to be focused on the research study. Also, students get all-important exposure from the lectures conducted for academic study. This course is unique and different from all normal courses for educational study.
- Students practising and learning things from the basic level can have a good career in forensic science courses after 12th.
- They appear as expert witnesses in criminal and civil trials and will work either in the defence or the indictment at the forensic laboratory. Throughout the government sector, forensic scientists may be hired. They serve in numerous police agencies and research departments, provincial and national government investigating authorities, and the court system. Some candidates qualify in this sector in some private agencies.
- Forensic scientists may also be recruited around the government sector. It represents the criminal authorities and the judicial system of many police forces, science departments, and regional and national governments. There are some other employees in some private organizations participating in this field.
Jobs Area for Forensic Science Courses After 12th
When a student completes the course, he or she admires having a good job position, which can enhance their career. Following the completion of their Bachelor’s degree, students can begin their professional careers. A forensic science degree is a popular course with unique job profiles and tasks considered risky and responsible.
|Forensic Architect||Forensic Scientist|
|Forensic Engineer||Private Investigator|
|Forensic Toxicologist||Drug Analyst|
|Police Officer||Crime Laboratory Analyst|
|Forensic Consultant||Forensic Serologist|
Forensic Science Courses After 12th Salary
Most forensics jobs in the public sector are very narrowly organized and paid. That is the reason for salaries. In the private sector, companies provide qualified employees with decent salaries.
What is the salary after forensic science? The starting salary is between Rs. 3 Lacs and Rs. 4 Lacs each year after forensic science training. Professionals will earn Rs 6 to Rs 8 lacs per year with experience. You will receive an average salary of $55,040 annually if you work in another country.
Forensic Science Courses After 12th: Conclusion
Here you find everything you need to know about the courses you can sign up for after the 12th grade. So you can read this article carefully before you apply for any courses. Forensic science is also a job for people who like to learn new things and are able to remember even the smallest details from their studies. Forensic science would be a good choice if people could look at and study even the smallest parts of a case. Anyone interested should look at the above-listed list of forensic Science courses after 12th.
Forensic Science Courses After 12th FAQs?
Question 1: Do Forensic Science Courses After 12th Experts get well Paid in India?
Answer: Students get a question of whether India pays well. Surprisingly, the answer is yes because there is no such course of study for which India does not pay well; students must find better organizations and work prominently.
Question 2: What is the salary of a forensic doctor?
Answer: The Value of forensic doctors is most precious, and they are recognized to be in a demanding profession. Also, professionals who are experts in this field can get a good handsome amount; for freshers, the starting salary is about 25,000/- and for the professionals and experienced get around 60 thousand per month.
Question 3: Is an online degree available for Forensic Science Courses After 12th?
Answer: There is no such degree designed for the online or distance mode, as students are required to study the course in regular mode only, but yes, the short-term courses are available for admissions, and if they want to attend, they can choose such programs. Diploma courses are required to be mainly introduced for the short-term courses.
Question 4: Can a BSc Study of India be useful in Canada?
Answer: For real updates, yes, it is useful, but it depends on the company which hires because Canada is a different country and slight changes in educational terms are natural, which a student will have to adapt and learn because students can have a great career in Canada, but the concepts and the task performing parts will be little different from India, an honest suggestion will be that if a student wants to make their career in Canada as a forensic officer, then they should choose their studies in Canada.
Question 5: Does IGNOU offers B.Sc in Forensic Science Courses After 12th grade?
Answer: No, IGNOU being an open and distance learning educational university, has not introduced this course because this course requires the base of practical lectures, and regular lectures are mandatory for the curriculum growth of this university.
Be the first to leave a review.