Engineering Courses after 12th: Engineers work in a variety of technical fields, including civil, mechanical, electrical, printing, and more. Many universities and colleges offer engineering courses after 12th grade. Universities offer both traditional and online engineering courses after 12th grade. However, a graduate with a degree or diploma in engineering can easily earn about 4 to 6 LPA.
From non-medical backgrounds, engineering is the most preferred course after the 12th. Students interested in technology, innovation, and product development can take an engineering course after 12th grade. A distance learning program is not available for engineering courses after 12th grade at a university. There are many reasons why one should pursue a career in engineering:
- After engaging in engineering courses after the 12th, one can update their knowledge and increase their horizon of understanding. There are different types of skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking, and research skills that the learners can acquire.
- There are a wide number of job roles available for engineering graduates. One can become an engineer in their respective specialization, including Civil engineering, Software engineering, Mechanical engineering, etc. One can also face competitive engineering exams to be recruited in the government sector.
- One can have better financial stability. The engineering field is the top-level field that intelligent students generally choose. No doubt, there is tremendous competition in the engineering world. Those who succeed in this field will have a better job with a high salary. Even the engineering area is the highest-paid field among others.
The article will include a complete list of all engineering courses, the application process, prerequisites, entrance exams, costs, scope, and much more.
List of Engineering Courses After 12th
|B Tech Electrical Engineering||B Tech Mechanical Engineering|
|B Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering||B Tech Mechatronics|
|B Tech Mechatronics Engineering||B Tech Metallurgical And Materials Engineering|
|B Tech Aeronautical Engineering||B Tech Mining Engineering|
|B Tech Aerospace Engineering||B Tech Molecular And Cellular Engineering|
|B Tech Agricultural And Food Engineering||B Tech Nanotechnology|
|B Tech Agricultural Engineering||B Tech Naval Architecture And Ship Building|
|B Tech Agriculture Information Technology||B Tech Oil & Gasformatics|
|B Tech Apparel Production Management||B Tech Oils, Oleochemicals, And Surfactants Technology|
|B Tech Applied Electronics Instrumentation||B Tech Open Source And Open Standards|
|B Tech Applied Electronics Engineering||B Tech Optics And Optoelectronics|
|B Tech Applied Mechanics||B Tech Packaging Technology|
|B Tech Architecture Engineering||B Tech Paint Technology|
|B Tech Automobile Engineering||B Tech Petrochemical Engineering|
|B Tech Automotive Design Engineering||B Tech Petrochemical Technology|
|B Tech Avionics Engineering||B Tech Petroleum Engineering|
|B Tech Biochemical Engineering||B Tech Petroleum Refining And Petrochemicals Engineering|
|B Tech Bioinformatics||B Tech Pharmaceutical Technology|
|B Tech Biomedical Engineering||B Tech Photonic Engineering|
|B Tech Biotechnology||B Tech Physical Sciences|
|B Tech Carpet And Textile Technology||B Tech Plastic And Polymer Engineering|
|B Tech Chemical Engineering||B Tech Plastic Technology|
|B Tech Civil And Transportation Engineering||B Tech Polymer Engineering|
|B Tech Civil Engineering||B Tech Power Engineering|
|B Tech Civil Infrastructure Engineering||B Tech Power System Engineering|
|B Tech Computer And Communication Engineering||B Tech Printing Technology|
|B Tech Computer Engineering||B Tech Printing, Graphics, and Packaging|
|B Tech Computer Science||B Tech Production Engineering|
|B Tech Computer Science And Engineering||B Tech Robotics Engineering|
|B Tech Cybersecurity||B Tech Rubber and Plastic Technology Engineering|
|B Tech Dairy Technology||B Tech Rubber Technology|
|B Tech Data Science||B Tech Safety and Fire Engineering|
|B Tech Data Science And Artificial Intelligence||B Tech Silk Technology|
|B Tech Industrial And Production Engineering||B Tech Software Engineering|
|B Tech Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||B Tech Space Technology|
|B Tech Electronics And Instrumentation Engineering||B Tech Sugar and Alcohol Technology|
|B Tech Electronics Instrumentation Engineering||B Tech Surface Coating Technology|
|B Tech Electronics Engineering||B Tech Telecommunication Engineering|
|B Tech Environmental Engineering||B Tech Textile Chemistry|
|B Tech Fashion Technology||B Tech Textile Engineering|
|B Tech Food Process Engineering||B Tech Tv, Film Production, and Media Technology|
|B Tech Food Technology||B Tech Urban & Regional Planning|
|B Tech Infrastructure Engineering||B Tech Water Resources Engineering|
|B Tech Honsin Industrial And Production Engineering||Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering|
|B Tech Horticulture||Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|B Tech Humanities And Management||Diploma Electrical Engineering|
|B Tech Industrial & Production Engineering||Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|B Tech Information Technology||Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering|
|B Tech Instrumentation & Control Engineering||Diploma in Electronics Instrumentation Engineering|
|B Tech Lateral Artificial Intelligence And Data Science||Diploma Food Technology|
|B Tech Lateral Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning||Diploma Mechanical Engineering|
|B Tech Lateral Mechatronics||Diploma Mechatronics Engineering|
|B Tech Manufacturing & Management||Diploma Mining Engineering|
|B Tech Manufacturing Engineering||Diploma Petroleum Engineering|
|B Tech Marine Engineering|
Why Should One Pursue Engineering Courses After 12th?
An intermediate student who has completed all PCM subjects in the science stream. The availability of specializations and career-focused courses has increased. As a result, students now have access to advanced technology and improved study methods.
- Almost every country has engineering jobs that are highly paid and respected. An engineer’s job security is also higher than that of other job roles due to the constant demand for engineers that why most of the students choose engineering courses after 12th.
- All these points should not be missed because of the fact that interest and learning ability should not be ignored, and if you find that engineering courses can make a career successful, then definitely one should pursue it.
Engineering Courses After 12th Admission 2023
Would you like to take a successful engineering course? If your answer is yes, you will get benefit from this article. Here, after the 12th, We have mentioned some of India’s best engineering courses. You may either follow a bachelor’s degree or a diploma engineering course after 12th grade.
Admission to engineering courses runs at regular intervals in a number of universities in India such as the Indian Institute of Technology Madras, DR B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, GLA University, and more.
The engineering programs application form sometimes becomes an entrance application form that needs to be filled out and submitted to be considered for admission. The application form fees of approved universities are seen from 400 to 1,600 rupees.
On the basis of their performance on a merit list, candidates are selected for admission to engineering programs. Indian universities generate merit lists based on qualifying and entrance exam marks. The admission process must be completed by shortlisted candidates from the merit list before the deadline.
The final step in the admissions process is document verification and a deposit for the admission fee. Candidates receive an email confirmation that their engineering studentship application has been accepted.
Do you know about the university entrance exam? You have to pass that entrance exam then you can get a seat in the top engineering college.
- Engineering college institutes look for entrance exam scores, such as JEE Main and JEE Advanced. It is mandatory to pass at least one exam among these.
- The NTA will conduct the JEE Exam in April 2023. The results of which will be released in May 2023.
Engineering Courses After 12th: Eligibility Criteria
A student may apply to a Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology (B.E./B.Tech) or a Diploma in Engineering courses after 12th grade. In order to qualify, students must have completed the 12th level with PCM subjects. A valid 10+2 score is required for those engineering colleges to select students.
Colleges and universities offer engineering courses on both an undergraduate and postgraduate level, and many have both undergraduate and postgraduate engineering programs. An applicant who wishes to apply for an undergraduate program must have passed the 10+2 level examinations at a recognized board in India before applying for an undergraduate program. A graduate degree in a related subject is required in order to be eligible to enroll in a postgraduate course.
- Diploma engineering courses after 12th grade: After completing the 10th level, you will appoint to the renowned Science and Mathematics Commission.
- Bachelor of engineering courses after 12th grade: You have to pass the 12th with the Science stream from any recognized board. The required minimum marks are 50%.
Engineering Courses After 12th: Entrance Exam
The entrance exam is required for students who intend to pursue engineering courses after 12th grade. There are many top institutes, including both private and government colleges, that accept engineering entrance tests or conduct engineering entrance tests. There is an intermediate-level PCM subject that must be studied and passed before one can appear in any of the below-mentioned entrance exams.
|BVP CET Engineering||
Uni GAUGE – E
WIT Darbhanga Entrance Exam
|SGVU – GVSAT||AMIE|
BITS HD (ME)
|IERT Entrance Exam||IIITH PGEE|
Manipal MET for M.Tech
|JECRC University B.Tech Entrance Test||AP PGECET|
Best Engineering Courses After 12th
Civil Engineering Courses After 12th
Civil engineering course is the most demanded course amongst students. There are various specializations available including Materials science and engineering, Coastal engineering, Construction engineering, Environmental engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, and many others. for admission, students must complete the 12th class in the science stream from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% percent. Admission will be based on entrance exams like AIEEE, JEE main, and AICT.
Bachelor of Technology is a course in the information technology field of 4 years UG level. The course depends on 12th clearance with the least 50% of scores gained by the student for admission. The technical field is overgrowing, and the stream has a lot of scopes of Engineering Courses After 12th grade.
Students of this course learn about Information technology, computer applications, software, networking, etc. The students can gain jobs in MNCs and massive companies in the technical department. Aspirants of this course earn handsome salaries of up to 3 to 4 lacs per annum.
BTech [Aeronautical Engineering]
Bachelor of Technology in Aeronautical Eng. contributes four years of UG level course in aero machines. The system demands candidates to be of the 12th level with a backdrop of PCM subjects with 50% scores.
The course covers areas such as the plan, dev., design, and analysis of aeronautics eng. The features of aircraft, flying crafts, and rockets are studied. The course provides aspirant workshops, theory classes, traditional classes, and practicals, including aerodynamics and structural designs.
BTech [Aerospace Engineering]
Bachelor of Technology in aerospace eng. is a course of UG unit with a regular time of 4 years. To get admission in this course, candidates have to be from the backdrop of PCM with a 12th clearance; they must also clear an admission exam for form per institute demands. Engineering Courses After 12th
After this course, aspirants can acquire PG courses, M.Tech Eng., M.Tech Aviation, M.Tech Aerospace eng., etc. The student gains a high salary from their jobs as an Instructor, design engineer, aerospace chief engineer Analysis Engineer, System Safety Management Eng., etc.
BTech [Agricultural and Food Engineering]
A Bachelor of Technology in Agriculture and Food Engineering is an undergraduate course requiring four years to complete. Students are only eligible to apply after they have passed their 12th grade with a PCM backdrop and a 45% score. In accordance with the institute’s recommendations, the student should clear the entrance exam for admission.
The course gives insight into agriculture, farming, and horticulture engineering, trains aspirants in food engineering, and prepares them to serve the agriculture and food industries. The candidate can gain an annual income of 45k to 3 LPA.
BTech [Agricultural Engineering]
Bachelor of technology in agriculture engineering is of 4 years in the UG category. Aspirants must have 10+2 in PCM subjects with 45% or above and an entrance exam cleared in the engineering field. The course must opt from the candidate of an available board.
Aspirants learn farming engineering and agricultural engineering in this course. In subjects such as Horticulture and field crops, physical chemistry., maths, the science of soils, etc., aspirants who successfully clear the system can gain high-paying jobs ranging from INR 3 to 5 LPA.
BTech [Electrical and Electronics Engineering]
The aspirant must be from a known board and can clear admission exams of DUET, AIMA UGAT, etc., to have more chances of admission. They are ranking from 40k to 5 lacs per annum.
Aspirants of the course learn about electronics, gadgets, working off, and electronics; electrical engineering subjects are taught in the study. Thus, a candidate must be from a comp. Or a physics backdrop for applying.
BTech [Electrical Engineering]
Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering UG level course can be opted for four years divided into eight sem. The course covers areas of electricity and fundamental principles. It also includes concepts of electromagnetism and electronics together with the industrial and technical aspects of electrical engineering. Ranges from INR 4 lac to 10 lac per annum fee charges.
The student has to be 12th cleared, with a minimum of 50% in PCM subjects. The course subjects include power systems and practicals on circuit analysis. The candidate gets to avail of the lab and practical work in this course.
BTech [Electronics & Communication Engineering]
Bachelors in Technology Electronics and Communication Engineering take up by aspirants who have cleared their 12th grade with 50% scores. The students must clear an admission exam for admission as well.
To be an electronics engineer, the students have to study electronics, manufacturing, telecom, and IT. Students of this course can gain work in manufacturing industries such as the chemical, petroleum, and steel industries.
BTech [Mechatronics Engineering]
B.Tech in Mechatronics Engineering is a UG-level course in the engineering field. The system requires intermediate clearance by aspirants with at least 50% scores in core PCM subjects.
It is a very updated branch of eng. that is known to combine fields. The course combined mechanics, electronics, info technology, and controls for engineering studies. The aspirants learn about production and manufacturing in the combined areas.
BTech (Polymer Engineering)
The field of polymer engineering is a field of engineering in which students get to gain a thorough understanding of the numerous factors and specialties related to the use of polymers in engineering. During this course, students will have the opportunity to learn about various factors relating to polymers in greater depth. A Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in Polymer Engineering is a four-year degree program.
Bachelor of Technology (BTech) Mining Engineering
BTech Mining Engineering is a subfield of engineering that teaches students how to meet the ever-increasing demand for minerals of every sort in a way that is both effective and environmentally friendly.
|Avg. Fees||INR 1 to 10 lacs per year|
|Avg. Salary||INR 25k to 90000|
Bachelor Of Technology (BTech) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
An electronic engineer troubleshoots the electronic devices’ difficulties and problems, they are also responsible for designing the system. check out the table for a brief description.
|Course Fee||3 to 4 Lacs|
|Average||INR 1 to 10 Lacs per year|
|Admission||Entrance Exam or direct admission|
Bachelor Of Technology (BTech) Electrical Engineering
|Entrance Tests||IIT, AIEEE|
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent|
|Course Fee||Approx. 1 to 10 lakhs per year|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam|
BTech Mechanical Engineering
|Eligibility||10+2 with PCM or equivalent|
|Avg. Salary||INR 25000 – 75000|
|Avg. Fees||INR 1 to 10 Lacs per year|
|Admission||Direct Admission Process|
Engineering Courses After 12th Without Maths
Students have myths in their minds that engineering is not possible without math. So it’s not true. There are many courses in engineering that are not compulsory for math. Students can pursue some studies without mathematics. Biotechnology is one of the top recommended courses for those who are not comfortable with math or not having math compulsory in their past educational years.
These are some Engineering courses without Maths that Students can pursue:
- Agriculture Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Leather Technology
- Fashion Technology
- Packaging Technology
- Printing Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Textile Chemistry
Engineering Courses After 12th Fee Structure 2023
|Electrical And Electronics Engineering||4 Years||12th||140000|
|Electronics And Instrumentation Engineering||140916|
|Electronics And Instrumentation Engineering||141374|
|Industrial And Production Engineering||143664|
|Computer Science And Engineering||147786|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||141832|
List of Undergraduate Engineering Courses After 12th
There are plenty of engineering courses, all of which focus on your area of interest, and a few choices can be selected in engineering. After the 12th test, students may apply for more environmental, plastics, marine, and marine architecture engineering courses. Aspirants have to pass the JEE exam and receive admission into the best university present in India.
BE Electrical Engineering Courses
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 1 to 10 Lacs|
- This is one of the best undergraduate degrees that students can study easily. Because of the degree is got interesting subjects that are related to electrical.
- The electrical engineering student has knowledge of electronic technology. Electrical engineers are primarily working on large-scale power generation and distribution, but they got to repair smaller electrical circuits and also deal with computers and other modern technology. Both undergraduate classes, however, must include both electrical and computer engineering elements.
BE Civil Engineering Courses
Civil Engineering is one of the oldest and widest engineering specialties. It involves planning, designing, constructing, maintaining, and managing infrastructures like highways, bridges, tunnels, schools, hospitals, airports, and other buildings, sewage systems, and water treatment facilities.
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 1 to 10 Lacs|
- BE Civil Engineering is a 4-year course in full-time engineering and is divided into eight semesters. Your 12th exams must be taken from a recognized board or similar exams. Eligible for this test with 55 % of marks. Engineering Courses After 12th
- This Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) course is offered by many colleges and institutes in India. The eligibility requirements, charges structure, and admission process are similar for each school and institution.
- The overall course fee varies from INR 1 to 10 Lacs based on the marks or scores earned in the course of their 10+2 examinations or admission.
BE Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering Courses
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 1 to 15Lacs|
- Aeronautical engineering grades are generally open to all students. Aero-engineering degrees typically last for 4 years, but certain institutions require students to directly complete a master’s degree in aero-engineering, extending their courses by an additional year or two.
- The minimum requirement of eligibility that most institutions require is a score at a point of 10+ 2 or the equivalent of at least 50 to 60% or more. The course fee in India ranges from INR 1 lacs to 15 lacs. The fees may change on the university’s location and circumstances.
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 1 to 7 Lacs|
- B Tech is a 4-year program. Students have to complete 12th levels with science subjects as the core subjects to apply for this degree program. It includes the study of electronics.
- The tuition fee of INR 1 to 7 lacs is estimated. But the fee can be up in some private institutions.
- When you have completed your degree, you will be able to fix electronic machines as well as solve problems related to electronics.
B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 1 to 10 Lacs|
- B Tech is a 4-year undergraduate course. The minimum admission qualification for this course is passing the 12th exam with at least 50% marks in science subjects.
- The average course cost is between INR 2 and 10 lakhs.
- B Tech. graduates will pursue positions. The professionals may be used to create profiles for students of this course.
Diploma Engineering Courses After 12th
Many Insititute/Colleges in India provide Diploma programs in engineering specializations. In most science and technology fields, diploma courses are offered. Diploma courses are accepted directly, although other institutes take entrance tests 4. Students can pursue this program after completing the 12th class in PCM subjects. The fee for this diploma engineering course after the 12th is low in comparison to a Bachelor’s degree.
|Mechanical Engineering||EC Engineering|
|Electrical Engineering||IC Engineering|
|Chemical Engineering||Sound Engineering|
|Mining Engineering||Textile Engineering|
|Computer Science Engineering||Automobile Engineering|
|Marine Engineering||Dairy Technology|
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Courses after 12th
After completing their 12th grade, students can enroll in the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. In mechanical engineering, physics and materials science principles are applied to the analysis, design, manufacture, and maintenance of mechanical systems.
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 50000 to 3 Lacs|
- The course takes 3 years, and its minimum certification ensures that it is completed successfully at the 12th level of education, at the Science Stream, and at the well-known educational board.
- This includes three key areas in engineering, which involve applying materials science principles for analysis, design, assembly, and mechanical frameworks.
- A diploma in engineering is the teaching of assembly or generation of fully prepared workers and techniques.
- It matches the certification provided by the technical program and is comparable with one of the diplomas given by several polytechnical institutes in engineering.
- In India, the total tuition fees range from INR 50,000 to 3 lacs for a term of three years. The average yearly wage for successful students in India ranges from INR 3 to 20 lacs and rises with the applicant’s experience.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Courses after 12th
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 10000 to 2 Lacs|
- The criterion of minimum qualifications for the applicants shall be 10th with a rating of at least 50%.
- Not only that you also have to study computer programs such as AUTOCAD & STAAD.
- After you completed this diploma you can easily apply for your dream job.
- If you like to study this course in India, the average tuition fee varies from INR 10,000 to 2 lacs. Moreover, the average annual salary given to highly qualified professionals in India varies from INR 3 to 5 lacs.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Courses after 12th
The study of electricity and the many facets of a junior engineering program that lasts for three years and awards a diploma in Electrical Engineering. In the field of electrical engineering, some people also refer to it as a polytechnic. After finishing the 10th and 12th grades, many students choose to enroll in one of the junior engineering programs that are offered.
|Approx Fee (per year)||INR 30000 to 2 Lacs|
- A diploma in Electrical Technology is a course in Electrical Engineering and its relevant aspects at a certificate, beginner level. After you complete your 10th education you can follow the course. The course takes three years with a six-month assessment system.
- The medium course fee ranges from INR 35,000 to 2 lakes in various universities and colleges throughout the world. The change in fees depends on the location and form of a university in private and or public architecture engineering.
- The application process mainly involves a selection criterion based on merit which corresponds to the percentage of marks obtained by the applicant in the 10th board exam.
- For the purpose of giving course admissions, colleges/institutes that give courses need at least 50% marks in the 10th level with science and mathematics as a subject of study.
- The diploma in Electrical Engineering is a qualification in the sector at the start point. Students have basic skills and experience in electrical engineering.
- BE and M Tech courses have more years. That means it will take a long time to finish the degree. But it doesn’t matter because you can increase your skills related to the degree.
- The main purpose of the course is to provide the students with practical skills in the subject and a theoretical understanding of the subject in a way that provides them with a detailed overview of the topic.
- Students who have a Diploma in Electrical Engineering Courses may search for a range of career options.
Suggested University For Engineering Courses After 12th
|University Name||State||Type of University|
|Central Institute of Technology(CIT)||Assam||Deemed University|
|Assam Science & Technology University||State University|
|Dibrugarh University||State University|
|Bhakta Kavi Narsinh Mehta University Admission||Gujarat||State University|
|Birsa Munda Tribal University Admission||Private University|
|Calorx Teacher’s University Admission||Central University|
|International Institute of Information Technology||Chhattisgarh||State University|
|Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University||State University|
|Amity University||Private University|
Engineering courses after 12th salary
Engineering course has wide scopes and job opportunities with handsome salaries. The starting salary of an engineer is INR 30,000 To 40,000 Per Month. Civil Engineering who have experience of two to four years can earn up to INR 50,000 to 80,000. The engineers who have completed their engineering in Aeronautical Engineering have a high chance to get paid more than 50,000 per month.
Following a civil engineering diploma course, one can earn between INR 30,000 and 43,000 a month on average, while with experience one can earn between INR 50,000 and 65,000. Various courses in engineering have the highest salaries, such as the Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology, Diploma in Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Aeronautical Engineering, and Bachelor of Electrical Engineering.
Engineering Courses After 12th: Conclusion
- There are many engineering courses after 12th present in India. We can say that you have to learn about the best engineering programs in this article.
- The undergraduate and diploma courses are nicely described, and if you are a 12th student, we can recommend you choose the best method.
Engineering Courses After 12th FAQs?
Question 1: Which is the finest/Best specialization in engineering courses After 12th grade?
Answer: All the engineering courses pursued after the 12th are excellent. It all depends on the scope and interest of a course in the future. Some engineering programs that we recommend best include computer, information technology, electronics and communication, mechanical, civil, and electrical engineering, etc.
Question 2: How easy is it to study Engineering Courses After 12th grade?
Answer: All the branches are easy if you are passionate about them. Some branches may seem easier to study than others, such as computer science, information technology, electronics, communication, civil, and biomedical engineering.
Question 3: Which Engineering Courses After 12th grade offer more employment opportunities?
Answer: Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, CSE, IT, Chemical, Electronics and Chemical, and Automobile Engineering have more job opportunities.
Question 4: Which Engineering Courses After 12th grade is most suitable for a girl?
Answer: Most female students pursue the Computer Science field, but each branch of the engineering course is suitable.
Be the first to leave a review.