IGNOU Admission 2022-23 January Session: Indira Gandhi National Open University is one of the finest Universities designed for Open and Distance courses. This University offers UG, PG, Diploma, and other certificate courses for the admission procedures. This University has two sessions in January and July for academic admission.
The admission date for the IGNOU January session will be available soon for the online and offline modes. Most probably IGNOU 2022-23 January session application form will be open from the last week of January 2022.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University has again extended the last date of fresh admission for the session 2021. Now, the interested students can fill and submit their applications till 07 December 2021.
- The extended date is only applicable on UG and PG courses, but those UG and PG courses that are semester-based are not included in it like BCA, BEd.
IGNOU Admission 2022-23
IGNOU eligibility criteria for all UG courses like BA/B.COM/B.Sc require to complete the educational criteria, which says that students should have completed 10th and 12th class from a UGC recognized University. Also, students should receive at least 55% marks in their 12th class.
Apart from this, to take admission in PG courses like MA/M.Com/M.Sc must complete the graduation or master’s degree from a UGC-recognized university. Students should obtain 55% marks in their graduation final year. Also, some programs like MBA have required the Entrance Exam Clearance, which is known as OPENMAT.
- Students will get two modes, online and offline, for filling the Application form. Students can fill the form online for the admission application form or visit the study center where they have enrolled for admission.
- The post-service also can be used by the students for submitting the application form.
- For filling the form online, students need to visit the official website of the Open University.
- Details like Name, Gender, Religion, Qualification details, and a few more personal information are required to submit.
- Also, students are required to submit their photographs and digital signature.
- By updating all these details, the last step of payment of fees is mandatory, or the whole application form will be rejected.
- IGNOU application form fee is 200 rupees.
IGNOU University offers more than 200 programmes which include Certificate, Diploma, Degree, and Doctoral Programmes. All these programs are approved by UGC. Details pertaining to some of the courses has been given below:
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers various categories under BA Course. The categories are BA, BA (Honours), and BA (General).
- Students who wish to take admission to BA courses must be 10+2 passed out.
- The minimum duration of the BA programme is 3 Years.
Students can check out the details of the following courses mentioned below:
|Bachelor Of Arts (BA)||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs. 6,000|
|Bachelor Of Arts (General)||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.7,200|
|BA Honours (History)||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.9,600|
|BA Honours Psychology||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.11,400|
|BA Honours Political Science||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.9,600|
|BA Honours Sociology||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.9,600|
|BA Honours Anthropology||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.15,600|
|Bachelor Of Arts (General) in Urdu||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.9,900|
|Bachelor Of Arts (General) in Hindi||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.9,900|
|Bachelor Of Arts (General) in Sanskrit||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.9,900|
|Bachelor’s Honours Degree Programme (English)||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.11,400|
|Bachelor’s Honours Degree Programme (Hindi)||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.11,400|
|Bachelor Of Arts (General) in Philosophy||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.8,100|
|BA in Vocational Studies Tourism management||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.12,000|
|BA in Tourism Studies||10+2 or Equivalent Exam||3 Years||Rs.10,200|
- There are various specialization subjects available under the MA Programme. Aspirants who wish to take admission to MA programs must have completed graduation from the recognized University.
- Students must have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
- Generally, the minimum duration of the MA Courses is 2 Years.
The list of the courses along with further details pertaining to the particular specialization has been mentioned below:
|MA in Gender and Development Studies||Candidates must be Graduated from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs.10,800|
|MA in Psychology||Candidates must be Graduated from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs. 15,800|
|MA in Translation Studies||Candidates must be Graduated from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs. 10,800|
|MA in Economics||Candidates must be Graduated from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs. 12,000|
|MA in English||Candidates must be Graduated from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs. 3,200|
|MA in Hindi||Candidates must be Graduated from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs. 13,200|
|MA in Hindi (Online)||Candidates must be Graduated from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs. 12,000|
|MA in History||Candidates must be Graduated from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs. 9,000|
|MA in Philosophy||Candidates must be Graduated from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs. 9,000|
|MA in Political Science||Candidates must be Graduated from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs. 9,000|
|MA in Public administration||Candidates must be Graduated from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs. 9,000|
|MA in Rural Development||Candidates must be Graduated from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs. 9,000|
There are Four M.Sc courses offered by IGNOU University. Students who want to seek admission to M.Sc programmes, should be graduated from their related science subject.
|Master of Science (Counselling and Family Therapy)||Must have Bachelor’s Degree from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs. 33,600|
|Master of Science (Environmental Science)||Must have Bachelor’s Degree from any Discipline||2 Years||Rs. 15,000|
|Master of Science (Food and Nutrition)||Must have Graduation Degree in Home Science / Dietetics/ Clinical Nutrition||2 Years||Rs. 32,400|
|Master of Science (Hospitality Administration)||Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management or Catering Technology from NCHMCT||2 Years||Rs. 10,000|
- IGNOU offers various courses related to management. There are two MBA programs offered by the IGNOU i.e Master of Business Administration (Banking & Finance) (MPB) and Master of Business Administration (General).
- University grants admission to the students whose CGPA meets the eligibility percentage requirement.
- Besides this, they should have cleared the OPENMAT Entrance Test conducted by the University.
Further details such as Eligibility criteria, duration, and fees for the MBA programmes have been shown in the table given below:
|Master of Business Administration (Banking & Finance) (MPB)||Any graduate with 50% marks, For the reserved category, it is 45%||2.5 Years||Rs. 37,800|
|Master of Business Administration (General)||Bachelor’s Degree||2 Years||Rs. 37,800|
- With an aim of developing the teacher-student understanding and enhancing the context of education, IGNOU offers the Bachelor’s in Education (B.Ed) which is a two-year program.
- For B.Ed admission, the University conducts Entrance tests, and admission is granted based on the marks scored in the entrance test.
- The minimum duration of the B.Ed Program is 2 Years.
- The Course fee is Rs. 55,000/-
Eligibility Criteria for B.Ed Admission
- Students who have scored 50% marks in their Bachelor’s Degree are eligible to apply for admission to B.Ed
- Should be trained-in service teachers from elementary education.
- Should have completed Teacher education (NCTE recognized) through face-to-face mode.
IGNOU M.Ed Admission 2022-23
- To broaden up the teaching concepts and techniques, IGNOU offers a 2 Years M.Ed Programme.
- For M.Ed admission, the students must have B.Ed Degree from a recognized University.
- Students must have scored a minimum of 55% in their Bachelors along with 2- years of teaching experience.
- Admission to M.Ed Programme conducted on the basis of Entrance Test.
- M.Ed Course fees range to Rs. 40,000/-
IGNOU B.Sc Admission 2022-23
- In order to diversify scientific knowledge, IGOU offers Bachelor of Science Programmes. Primarily, two specializations under B.Sc is available, namely – B.Sc (General) and B.Sc in Nursing.
- Students must have completed their 10+2 from Science stream from a recognized Board.
- The minimum duration of the B.Sc Program is 3 Years.
- B.Sc from IGNOU will cost to Rs. 12,500/-
IGNOU B.Com Admission 2022-23
IGNOU offers 4 disciplines under Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com). Such disciplines areas listed below :
- Bachelor of Commerce with Major in Accountancy and Finance
- BCom with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration
- BCom with Major in Financial and Cost Accounting
- BCom (General)
- Eligibility criteria are different for B.Com Programme depending on the specializations.
- The minimum duration for a B.Com Course is 3 years.
- The fees structure of B.Com Programs varies from specializations. Except for B.Com (General), all the B.Com Programs from IGNOU cost Rs. 6,000 whereas, for B.Com (General), it is Rs. 8,100/-
IGNOU Ph.D. Admission 2022-23
- With an objective of providing higher education in the research field, IGNOU offers a Doctoral of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programs which comprises 43 disciplines in total.
- The Ph.D. program is a 3 years course, but for Ph.D. in Vocational Education, it is 4 Years.
- For admission to Ph.D. In the program, students must have a Master’s Degree from a recognized University.
- Students must have at least 55% marks in their Post Graduation. In addition, relaxation of 5% in marks has been provided to the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/ Differently-abled people).
- For the purpose of admission to Ph.D. Course, Entrance Examination conducted by the IGNOU University.
- All the Ph.D. program costs Rs. 16,800/-
IGNOU M.Phil Admission 2022-23
- IGNOU offers a Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) in 9 disciplines at distance mode.
- The minimum duration for the M.Phil course is 1 Year.
- Candidates who wish to take admission to M.Phil Programme must have a Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized University. For the reserved category, it is 50% marks.
- Admission to the M.Phil program is granted on the basis of Entrance Examination marks.
- All the M.Phil course fees range to Rs. 12,600/-
IGNOU Diploma Admission 2022-23
- IGNOU provides diploma courses in 22 disciplines at distance mode.
- IGNOU Diploma course duration is 1 Year.
- Candidates who are interested in Diploma courses must have passed 10+2 with science/ non-science streams, depending on the specific course requirement.
- IGNOU Diploma course fees range between Rs. 3000 to Rs. 12,700.
IGNOU PG and Advance Diploma Admission 2022-23
- There are 19 PG and Advance Diploma courses in various disciplines offered by the IGNOU University.
- Generally, the time period of Postgraduate Diploma courses is 1 Year.
- Any graduate is eligible to apply for PG Diploma courses.
- The learning mode for such courses is distance.
- Depending upon the course and its discipline, the fees range varies.
IGNOU PG Diploma Admission 2022-23
- IGNOU offers a total of 11 PG Diploma courses in various disciplines.
- Like PG and Advance Diploma, PG Diploma is also a 1-year duration course.
- PG Diploma courses allow only Graduates to take admission to study further.
- Course fees vary with the variation in the course discipline.
IGNOU Certificate Course Admission 2022-23
- There are more than 70 courses offered by the IGNOU. The various disciplines include management, nursing, library, visual arts, languages, etc.
- These are short-term courses with a minimum duration of 6 months only.
- Certificate courses can be opted by the students who are- Graduates, 12th or 10th passed out. In addition, experienced people are also eligible to apply for the same.
- Course fees depend on the particular PG Diploma program.
IGNOU Application Form Registration Process 2022-23
The process of filling the form through online mode is a very easy and fast method. In order to fill the application form, candidates have to register themselves. Following are the steps to register:
- Step 1: Visit the IGNOU official website
- Step 2: Click on the option “Click Here For New Registration”.
- Step 3: Fill in the required registration details
- Step 4: Choose your Username (between 8 to 16 characters)
- Step 5: Create your alphanumeric password (must be 8 to 16 characters long)
- Step 6: Type the Captcha
- Step 7: Click on “Register”
Till here, the registration process has been completed. Now, the process of filling the Application Form will begin:
- Step 8: Now, log in yourself by entering the username and password created at the time of registration.
- Step 9: Fill in your personal and academic details correctly.
- Step 10: Upload the scanned documents ( like mark sheet, passing certificates, caste certificate, etc.)
- Step 11: Pay the Application fee (through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net banking)
Documents Required for IGNOU Application Form
- Scanned Copy of Passport size Photographs (size must be less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (size must be less than 100 KB)
- Scanned photocopy of Age Proof (size must be less than 200 KB)
- Scanned photocopy of required mark sheets (size must be less than 200 KB)
- Scanned photocopy of Experience Certificate (size must be less than 200 KB)
- Scanned photocopy of ST/SC/OBC Category Certificate, if any (size must be less than 200 KB)
- Scanned photocopy of Below Poverty Line (size must be less than 200 KB)
Note: The IGNOU admission process differs from course to course. For some courses, Merit-list is released by the University whereas admission to other courses is granted on the basis of the marks scored in the Entrance Test conducted by IGNOU University.
FAQs About IGNOU
Ques. Is it a wise decision to take admission to IGNOU University?
Ans. IGNOU is best known for providing distance education in a wider range of programs. Moreover, it is a Governmental University which is recognized under UGC. Hence, IGNOU degree is acceptable everywhere whether it is a national or foreign country, it is valid.
Ques. How many times does IGNOU take admission in a year?
Ans. IGNOU takes admission twice a year i.e in January and July.
Ques. Is IGNOU MBA degree beneficial in the future?
Ans. Yes, the IGNOU MBA degree is beneficial for those who are facing problems related to time and money. IGNOU offers MBA courses at affordable prices along with the best career opportunity. One can easily get jobs in both the public as well as the private sectors.
Ques. What is the B.Ed course fee?
Ans. The Course fee for B.Ed is Rs. 55,000/-
Ques. Can I do BEd and MA simultaneously?
Ans. Yes, students can pursue both BEd and MA simultaneously in the same year. But, the condition is one of them should be done in a regular mode and another one should be from distance mode. This helps to have a degree or post-graduation as well as a teaching degree.